Texas State University Employee Reviews in United States

It was fun for a while
IT Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXAugust 22, 2016
Picked up this job as a second income. ended up costing me more in the long run due to minimum wage pay. Management and coworkers were all very friendly and helpful in both in the hiring process and employment duration
Very outgoing and relaxed work environment
Budget Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXAugust 17, 2016
Work is consistent.

Very friendly department.

Manage and maintain relations with 180 faculty/staff.

Time management and attention to detail are major keys to success.
Pros
Working for higher education.
Cons
none.
Productive workplace
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXAugust 15, 2016
My experience at Texas State University enabled me to become a skilled and efficient researcher. Time management is key in accumulating great results in little time, and I was fortunate to have support and guidance from my co-workers and advisor.
this is a teaching position
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXAugust 14, 2016
-This was a teaching position
-Good supervisor gave me lots of advises as a junior faculty
-very friendly coworkers
-the classes we offered are hands on and easy to understand. Students learned very marketable skills
Pros
nice place and nice coworkers
Cons
proposal writing was stressful but it is same everywhere if you are a faculty
Great work environment!
Media Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  The Writing CenterAugust 10, 2016
My co-workers were great! I loved coming into work. The entire organization had great energy, which helped if I was having a rough day. We helped one another out whenever possible, and there was a genuine feeling of camaraderie.
Good place to work--if you're a math or education major.
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXAugust 8, 2016
The people in the office are great, and they promote a feeling of family among staff members. However, I always felt like an outsider because in an office full of math majors, I was the oddball out. My daily tasks were not difficult, but the hardest part of the job was time management as you could only work during standard office hours which conflicted with my class schedule.
Productive laboratory with a diverse group of researchers. Lots of learning.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXAugust 5, 2016
The laboratory I worked in was diverse. We had PhD students, Masters students, and undergraduate students working in close proximity and coordination with one another. It was a safe environment that promoted learning, ranging from scientific study to other peoples cultures.
Pros
come and go as you please
Cons
can sometimes feel intimidating being surrounded by intellectuals
Summer internship
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXAugust 3, 2016
At the time it was a quality job where I could learn more about the marketing industry and how to sell advertising. It was a great experience at a young age.
Loved it
Intramural Sports Internship (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJuly 21, 2016
I was able to work for Texas State while completing my degree. They gave me plenty of help and all the time off I needed to succeed.
Great place to work for a student. Flexible, and no working on weekends.
Mathematics Tutor (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJuly 19, 2016
Working for the university is a great job opportunity for students. There are many different position opportunities and there is bound to be something that suits your current academic pathway.
steady place to work. good people
Technology Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TX 78666July 18, 2016
This job started out very technical, with the bulk of the work going to support of the computer labs, servers, and offices. It is becoming more administrative, as the years go by. Most of the technical work is being funneled to the IT departments, making the job less exiting.
Great for students
Student Grader (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJuly 14, 2016
I only have experience working as a student grader and thus can not leave a review as to the actual work environment as a full time employee. However as a student they are very flexible with my schedule and are understanding of my needs.
Productive and fun place to work.
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJune 27, 2016
Texas State University was an excellent place to work. I gained valuable knowledge and work experience in my chosen degree. I graduated from Texas State University in May 2016 with a degree in Industrial Engineering.
Slac
Lead Math Tutor/Quantitative Tutor (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJune 24, 2016
Very relax and laid back. Just have to be qualified with subject knowledge and be friendly and sociable. Coworkers are most brilliant students at the university.
Interesting Fields of study
UNDERGRAD RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJune 23, 2016
Doing research at Texas State under various professors allowed me valuable beginner insight into a workplace environment.
Love my job! Only downside is that it is seasonal.
Personal Fitness and Wellness Instructor (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJune 16, 2016
A typical day requires for me too teach multiple classes whether it be aerobics or racquetball. Classes are fun and relaxed.
Amazing environment and opportunity to learn!!
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJune 15, 2016
I wouldn't trade my employment experience at Texas State for anything!! Great environment and peers, as well as an outstanding opportunity to learn and grow with the company.
Best University Ever
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJune 13, 2016
Staff and Students at Texas State University are awesome. It is the place to learn and excel your skills. They will help you in each and every way to be successful professional to serve the society.
Reseach and business
Doctoral Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJune 1, 2016
Exciting and friendly and knowledgeable environment. My dreams came true here. I learned business skill there. I can make small business now with commercialization aspect of my major.
Excellent work opportunity
Graduate Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXMay 30, 2016
Assisted professor with administrative duties, record-keeping relating to grades, and extra-credit. Also, organized and provided study sessions, duplicating handouts and examinations, proctoring tests, tutoring and communicating with students.

4.4