Texas Tech University

Student Assistant (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXJune 28, 2014
Great Opportunity to work for a Division 1 Institution

Loved it

Great for Experience
Was working with different kind of people
Senior Patient Scheduler (Former Employee), TXJune 19, 2014
Pros: free luncheons
Cons: we had no breaks
The day went ok as long as there was work and I was busy. Co-workers were sometimes not very helpful.
Student of Horticultural and Turfgrass Sciences
Student (Former Employee), TXJune 15, 2014
I completed my degree courses online and my common core and sciences at the local college. The online course was the same as the in class courses with the exception of attending lectures. Labs, term papers, and exams were all the same as if in class. The online courses required time management and self motivation to complete assignments.
Nice
IT Intern/Software Engineer (GA) (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXMay 31, 2014
Good place to work , nice , nice, your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job,
M.A., French Literature and Part-time Instructor (Current Employee), TXMay 30, 2014
I used various fun activities, play and interactive activities to develop language and vocabulary among students. This approach of combining play and interactive activities made students to learn with ease, increased their interest and attention on academic learning, helped them to learn letter recognition, helped students to learn numbers, science – more... and nature with ease and interest. – less
Great office environment, with wonderful co-workers
Assistant Ticket Manager (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXMay 22, 2014
A typical day could be renewing tickets, getting ready for an event, and running reports. How it can be great to work in an office with great co-workers, and students. The challenging part was taking over ticketing for a Women's basketball program that was #2 in attendance in the country, but at the same time it was enjoyable. The was nothing that was – more... the most enjoyable part of this job everything was enjoyable. – less
Great Place to Work
Director of Traffic and Underwriting (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXMay 13, 2014
Pros: community
Cons: parking
Texas Tech is a great place to work and feels like a small family community. Great atmosphere and working conditions.
Engaging atmosphere in which I always learn something new
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXApril 23, 2014
Pros: autonomy, improved conflict resolution skills
Very enjoyable job. Being a Teaching assistant has not only helped me financially. In addition, it has served as an unexpected format for learning about how to interact and manage very diverse individuals. I have learnt subject matter I would have otherwise not been aware of.
Comfortable Environment, but Isolating
IT Support Technician (Current Employee), TXApril 17, 2014
Pros: benefits and work load
Cons: low pay, management not helpful
On a typical day at work, I am sitting in an office without windows in the back of our call center. My main interaction with other people is via phone, and I rarely see or interact with my coworkers. I enjoy speaking to and helping my customers, and I am always willing to serve them and research their difficulties. I have learned a lot of patience and – more... have become more self-sufficient. I work on the knowledge base and keep work orders up to date when customers are not calling.

My management will sporadically try to micro-manage, when for the first few months they chose to not give me any direction or training at all, save for listening to some phone conversations with my coworkers. My management also tends to be very loud and interrupts my phone conversations with customers frequently. This becomes stressful and disrupts the call center greatly.

My co-workers are far more knowledgeable than most of the management and are able to answer my questions and are always willing to assist me and brainstorm with me.

The hardest part of the job is simply getting the day started. After the first call comes in, my job becomes enjoyable. I work and solve problems with my customers and I enjoy helping them. – less
Wreck 'Em Texas Tech!
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), TXApril 8, 2014
In my time as a student assistant, I was able to not only acquire many of the skills necessary to my career in teaching, but also to hone my own skills in my content area (Agriculture). Texas Tech is a great environment for students as well as workers, and I am truly proud that I had the chance to teach there.
summary
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXMarch 29, 2014
Pros: lab
Cons: slow work culture
There is a lot of brown nosing happens here. The focus is not on teaching students rather taking points off from them.
overall good
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXMarch 5, 2014
good place to work and nice, friendly atmosphere. It really helped me to learn more about basic facts of my research and studying research subjects
a fiine university
Instructor (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXMarch 3, 2014
a fine university
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Best place to work
Graduate Assistant - IT Analyst (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXMarch 3, 2014
I worked as a GA. They take care of the students very well. Always give first importance to education.
Chemistry Research Assistant
Chemistry Research Assistant (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXMarch 1, 2014
This position was to assist in botany studies. It was very helpful in my studies.
It was a good learning experience.
Research Assistant/Web-developer (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXFebruary 19, 2014
The work will be challenging sometimes, learned how to balance work and studies in a good way.
Productive and Creative Work Place
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: committed to its work
Cons: location
At Texas Tech University, I gain a lot of knowledge as well as understanding of the subjects i pursue in detail.
Great internship at Texas Tech University
Mentor/ Intern (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXFebruary 13, 2014
A typical day would be spent 50% of the time spear heading new ways to quantify data for benchmarking, the other half would be mentoring first generation college students on their collegiate and career paths.

A professional environment, not too stressful, had a down to earth atmosphere and caring with the director.

Hardest part of the job, was completely – more... developing new systems to quantify and benchmark data, something new to me.

I enjoyed developing goals and plans for scholastic progression with my peers. – less
Productive, Professional, Friendly
Lead Specialist (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: mon-fri 8-5 benefits
Loved this job more than any other job I've held. Cross training is big there, which gives you experience in other fields and always have opportunity to promote. Management is very understandable with personal issues. Would have never left Texas Tech if hadn't had to.
Great Work Environment
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), TXFebruary 3, 2014
Great place to work as a student. This place has a positive work environment that will enhance your abilities.

1 2 3 4