Texas Tech University Employee Reviews

Flexible student job
Graduate Assistant/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 19, 2017
I worked as a teaching assistant while I finished my Master's degree at TTU. This job was great because the professors and students that I worked with were all amazing! As a student I knew how much of a positive impact it could make when you have a great TA for a difficult course. That thinking guided many of my decisions as a TA and helped me to earn the respect of each of my students.
Productive and enjoyable work place
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 18, 2017
Every day, I evaluate cotton fiber properties of different genotypes. I learned how to analyze and interpret the result. All professors, workers, and graduate students around me are hardworking and solve problems by discussing it. The hardest part of the job is data acquiring.The most enjoyable part of the job is data analysis and interpreting them.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 17, 2017
I loved working for the TECHniques center at Texas Tech, because it allows you to have the freedom to build your own schedule with your student. The job is very rewarding and allows you to be creative in coming up with content to help your student learn. I only wish that I could have been employed here longer!
had fun
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 13, 2017
Great University for education. Funding and part time on campus jobs can be really helpful for students. Part time job timings can be adjusted according to our schedule every week.
Cons
Location of lubbock
Learning Curve
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 8, 2017
Great work place to work while learning a lot of new things. We'll get a chance to meet a lot of new people around the world and great professors during conferences.
Great Learning experience
Report Developer (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 6, 2017
I worked for a doctor so it was super interesting and great learning experience.
Working environment was very supportive and encouraging. Everyone was very helpful and open to help.
Flexible and good benefits
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 6, 2017
I teach classes online and have flexibility to work from home. It also has great benefits for being a full time instructor. They dont have PTO but they do have sick leave.
It was very professional place with lots of experience
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 4, 2017
It was my honor and privilege to join Texas Tech university. It gave me different exposure I might have not been able to get anywhere else. The professors where so professional and always ready to give whatever they have.
It is a good place for work
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 30, 2017
This place is very good for work. I learnt a lot during my teaching assistant period. I learnt how to prepare the scope of work and how to delver information to the students.
It was a pleasure working there
Graduate Teaching Instructor (Current Employee) –  TexasJune 30, 2017
I liked working at this school. The environment between colleagues was really good however the teaching assignments were kind of hectic and might have conflict with your schedule.

Want to know more about Texas Tech University?

Ask a question
Great Benefits and job security
Coordinator of NS Programs (Current Employee) –  TexasJune 23, 2017
Texas Tech is a good place to get a foot in the door and then try to move up. Too bad that moving up is almost impossible and the hiring system is slow, non-responsive, or biased.
Good first job.
Lead Athletic Grounds Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 22, 2017
Work is consistent and repetitive. Good employee relations. Learned good customer service skills. Hardest part of the job was dealing with dust storms.
Great Place to work
Tutor and Supplemental Instructor (Current Employee) –  TexasJune 18, 2017
I was a tutor and SI for the learning center at Holden Hall. It was a great job for a student. Flexible hours and a great opportunity to build some relevant experience.
Working with job training for autistic students in Lubbock ISD and Lubbock Cooper ISD
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 16, 2017
Selective training with diagnosed students and follow-up with employers. Use of vocational equipment and job-training modules for application to the workplace.
Pros
Designed one-on-one training allowed measurable evaluations and targetd placements
Cons
Lack of available time per student, scheduling difficulties, consistancy of time on task.
Texas Tech
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 14, 2017
I enjoyed the people I met while working at TTU, the benefits and vacation are great, but the pay is not ideal. I had to take a major pay cut to work there. Also, there are not many advancement opportunities as well. Overall, working for TTU was a good experience.
Student Assistant
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 13, 2017
Working there is great for a student because there is great flexibility and they work with school schedule. The culture is very relaxed, and everyone is extremely helpful and nice.
Pros
flexible, good hours
Cons
boring work
Learning environment
Sr. clinical assistant (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJune 13, 2017
I learned how to give injections, I did EKG, Worked with residents
its a great place to have the feelings of being a nurse, they give you the proper trainings.
Pros
Great healthcare
Cons
hostile work environment
Excellent
Residency in Psychiatric Medicine (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 12, 2017
I had opportunity for personal and professional growth, the administration worked with doctors to make things work for them and did not micro manage. They were fun loving and provided high quality management.
Pros
everything
Cons
Always felt welcome, great environment
Part Time Employee (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 11, 2017
I worked in a research lab over the course of approximately 2 years and the graduate students I worked with were super friendly and helpful. I was able to do my experiments knowing that if I had any questions with a procedure or about a piece of equipment, an answer wasn't too far away.
Undergraduate Research assistant (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 10, 2017
I enjoy working for Texas Tech University. But as a student it is difficult to pay my bills because I am not allowed to work over twenty hours a week.
Pros
Limited hours per week
Cons
Beautiful campus, great people, learning opportunities.