Texas Tech University

Texas Tech University Employer Reviews

rewarding Job
Unit Supervisor (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: was not afraid to talk to the boss
Cons: i had no personal life
Typical work day stayed fairly busy. I learned how to work with so many diverse people. The management had an open door policy. I loved my co-workers, the hardest part of the job was leaving. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the students.
Undergraduate researcher
Undergraduate Research student (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXAugust 30, 2014
Working with graduate students daily to construct experimentation for analysis and publication.

Given that I was an undergraduate, my work consisted mostly of microscopic analysis involving counting microorganisms, inducing sporolation and ensuring growth mediums were sterile and in ample supply.
Good training, poor pay.
Supervising Instrumentation Specialist (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXAugust 14, 2014
Pros: excellent training, good stability
Cons: poor pay
I received lots of training in instrumentation and utility plants and was regularly sent to training seminars and classes concerning the equipment I regularly worked on. I learned the basics of instrumentation and how a utilities plant operates. Management was generally knowledgeable, competent and fair. The hardest part of the job was being called – more... out at all hours and on weekends to fix problems. I enjoyed working on the equipment and learning new things. – less
fun teaching environment with peers and friends
Physics Tutor (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXAugust 11, 2014
On a given day, I would spend my time between classes tutoring underclassmen on various physics topics. Depending on the day, I would share a room with 0-4 other tutors, with whom I was and still am friends. There was no pay involved, but it was rewarding to facilitate learning in the students and to hear about their improved comprehension, usually – more... from continuously improving grades within a given class – less
Fun place to work!
Assistant Academic Advisor (Former Employee), Lubbock, TexasAugust 4, 2014
Working for Texas Tech is great! All of the people I meet were extremely friendly and helpful when I first started out.
I enjoy working at Texas Tech
Law School Accountant (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXAugust 4, 2014
I went To Texas Tech and now work at Tech. I enjoy Lubbock as well. The people are nice and the job keeps me busy. I mainly deal with student organization's funding within the Law School.
Easy Work
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXAugust 2, 2014
All I had to do was grade assignments, but unfortunately, they discontinued this job.
programmer
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXJuly 31, 2014
The people are friendly and very conservative. It is very flexible but there are no possibilities of promotion.
Solids Lab Instructor (Former Employee), TXJuly 22, 2014
Friendly Environment. Adaptable schedule. Easy to find help.
Good academic environment in texas tech university
o Working as research assistant (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXJuly 18, 2014
Texas Tech University has good academic and working environment. Adequate lab works and human friendly equipment in university makes more comfortable to researchers and investigation.
Great Place to Work
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXJune 28, 2014
Great Opportunity to work for a Division 1 Institution

Loved it

Great for Experience
Was working with different kind of people
Senior Patient Scheduler (Former Employee), TXJune 19, 2014
Pros: free luncheons
Cons: we had no breaks
The day went ok as long as there was work and I was busy. Co-workers were sometimes not very helpful.
Student of Horticultural and Turfgrass Sciences
Student (Former Employee), TXJune 15, 2014
I completed my degree courses online and my common core and sciences at the local college. The online course was the same as the in class courses with the exception of attending lectures. Labs, term papers, and exams were all the same as if in class. The online courses required time management and self motivation to complete assignments.
Nice
IT Intern/Software Engineer (GA) (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXMay 31, 2014
Good place to work , nice , nice, your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job,
M.A., French Literature and Part-time Instructor (Current Employee), TXMay 30, 2014
I used various fun activities, play and interactive activities to develop language and vocabulary among students. This approach of combining play and interactive activities made students to learn with ease, increased their interest and attention on academic learning, helped them to learn letter recognition, helped students to learn numbers, science – more... and nature with ease and interest. – less
Great office environment, with wonderful co-workers
Assistant Ticket Manager (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXMay 22, 2014
A typical day could be renewing tickets, getting ready for an event, and running reports. How it can be great to work in an office with great co-workers, and students. The challenging part was taking over ticketing for a Women's basketball program that was #2 in attendance in the country, but at the same time it was enjoyable. The was nothing that was – more... the most enjoyable part of this job everything was enjoyable. – less
Great Place to Work
Director of Traffic and Underwriting (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXMay 13, 2014
Pros: community
Cons: parking
Texas Tech is a great place to work and feels like a small family community. Great atmosphere and working conditions.
Engaging atmosphere in which I always learn something new
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXApril 23, 2014
Pros: autonomy, improved conflict resolution skills
Very enjoyable job. Being a Teaching assistant has not only helped me financially. In addition, it has served as an unexpected format for learning about how to interact and manage very diverse individuals. I have learnt subject matter I would have otherwise not been aware of.
Comfortable Environment, but Isolating
IT Support Technician (Current Employee), TXApril 17, 2014
Pros: benefits and work load
Cons: low pay, management not helpful
On a typical day at work, I am sitting in an office without windows in the back of our call center. My main interaction with other people is via phone, and I rarely see or interact with my coworkers. I enjoy speaking to and helping my customers, and I am always willing to serve them and research their difficulties. I have learned a lot of patience and – more... have become more self-sufficient. I work on the knowledge base and keep work orders up to date when customers are not calling.

My management will sporadically try to micro-manage, when for the first few months they chose to not give me any direction or training at all, save for listening to some phone conversations with my coworkers. My management also tends to be very loud and interrupts my phone conversations with customers frequently. This becomes stressful and disrupts the call center greatly.

My co-workers are far more knowledgeable than most of the management and are able to answer my questions and are always willing to assist me and brainstorm with me.

The hardest part of the job is simply getting the day started. After the first call comes in, my job becomes enjoyable. I work and solve problems with my customers and I enjoy helping them. – less
Wreck 'Em Texas Tech!
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), TXApril 8, 2014
In my time as a student assistant, I was able to not only acquire many of the skills necessary to my career in teaching, but also to hone my own skills in my content area (Agriculture). Texas Tech is a great environment for students as well as workers, and I am truly proud that I had the chance to teach there.

1 2 3 4 5