Texas Tech University

Texas Tech University Employer Reviews

Great Mom Job
Business Manager/ Finance Manager (Former Employee), TXNovember 18, 2014
Pros: benefits are paid job
Cons: you have to park for parking
It is a great mom job. It is hard to learn their systems. Parking you have to pay for but they do pay for your benefits. I learned all the systems in TTU. I enjoy the people and the love for TTU.
texas tech
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee), physicsNovember 18, 2014
Good place to work but the city the school located is very boring.
great professor and environment
Student Assistant (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXOctober 20, 2014
Great professor to work with and good environment to work. Management is the core part of this job.
Productive work environment
Processor & Reporter (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXOctober 13, 2014
Great working experience in college. Helped me understand the financial side of education.
friendly good people to work with
Senior Business Assistant (Former Employee), El Paso, TXOctober 12, 2014
Pros: good work enviroment and friendly co-workers
I had to pull charts for upcoming appt for patients and make sure the clinic would get them in a timely manner, file paperwork and charts, answer phone, cover the front and deal with patients asking for copies of medical records, make sure referrels were sent. I was also the team leader of my unit.
It's really nice!
Student Managed Investment Fund Member (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXOctober 9, 2014
Texas Tech University, often referred to as Texas Tech, or TTU, is a public research university in Lubbock, Texas, United States. Established on 10 February 1923, and originally known as Texas Technological College, it is the leading institution of the Texas Tech University System and has the seventh-largest student body in the state of Texas. It is – more... the only school in Texas to house an undergraduate institution, law school, and medical school at the same location. – less
Acceptable
Student Business Services (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: gave you time off to complete college activities
Cons: management
This environment was pretty much "You have to do to what you have to do." You really did not have a chance to advance up. Although people where very friendly.
Learning new things every day
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXSeptember 17, 2014
Worked under the supervision of professor, I have to learn new data analysis skills and big data stuff. This is quite challenging but I learned a lot.
rewarding Job
Unit Supervisor (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: was not afraid to talk to the boss
Cons: i had no personal life
Typical work day stayed fairly busy. I learned how to work with so many diverse people. The management had an open door policy. I loved my co-workers, the hardest part of the job was leaving. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the students.
Undergraduate researcher
Undergraduate Research student (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXAugust 30, 2014
Working with graduate students daily to construct experimentation for analysis and publication.

Given that I was an undergraduate, my work consisted mostly of microscopic analysis involving counting microorganisms, inducing sporolation and ensuring growth mediums were sterile and in ample supply.
Good training, poor pay.
Supervising Instrumentation Specialist (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXAugust 14, 2014
Pros: excellent training, good stability
Cons: poor pay
I received lots of training in instrumentation and utility plants and was regularly sent to training seminars and classes concerning the equipment I regularly worked on. I learned the basics of instrumentation and how a utilities plant operates. Management was generally knowledgeable, competent and fair. The hardest part of the job was being called – more... out at all hours and on weekends to fix problems. I enjoyed working on the equipment and learning new things. – less
fun teaching environment with peers and friends
Physics Tutor (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXAugust 11, 2014
On a given day, I would spend my time between classes tutoring underclassmen on various physics topics. Depending on the day, I would share a room with 0-4 other tutors, with whom I was and still am friends. There was no pay involved, but it was rewarding to facilitate learning in the students and to hear about their improved comprehension, usually – more... from continuously improving grades within a given class – less
Fun place to work!
Assistant Academic Advisor (Former Employee), Lubbock, TexasAugust 4, 2014
Working for Texas Tech is great! All of the people I meet were extremely friendly and helpful when I first started out.
I enjoy working at Texas Tech
Law School Accountant (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXAugust 4, 2014
I went To Texas Tech and now work at Tech. I enjoy Lubbock as well. The people are nice and the job keeps me busy. I mainly deal with student organization's funding within the Law School.
Easy Work
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXAugust 2, 2014
All I had to do was grade assignments, but unfortunately, they discontinued this job.
programmer
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXJuly 31, 2014
The people are friendly and very conservative. It is very flexible but there are no possibilities of promotion.
Solids Lab Instructor (Former Employee), TXJuly 22, 2014
Friendly Environment. Adaptable schedule. Easy to find help.
Good academic environment in texas tech university
o Working as research assistant (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXJuly 18, 2014
Texas Tech University has good academic and working environment. Adequate lab works and human friendly equipment in university makes more comfortable to researchers and investigation.
Great Place to Work
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXJune 28, 2014
Great Opportunity to work for a Division 1 Institution

Loved it

Great for Experience
Was working with different kind of people
Senior Patient Scheduler (Former Employee), TXJune 19, 2014
Pros: free luncheons
Cons: we had no breaks
The day went ok as long as there was work and I was busy. Co-workers were sometimes not very helpful.

1 2 3 4 5