Texas Tech University Employee Reviews in United States

Good Team work, Productive
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 16, 2016
Co workers were very friendly.
Very productive, Good opportunities and encouragement to learn new technologies and methodogies
Pros
work Culture
Cons
Strict Deadlines
Fun, open environment filled with a lot of surprises
Intramural Official (Current Employee) –  TexasJune 22, 2016
Each day at work brought on a new challenge and a new chance to make someone's day a bit better. I learned how to handle a variety of people with vastly different attitudes towards both me and the sports they played. Some people were a bit too serious, while others were completely laid back. Being an official for more than one season has helped me learn how to deal with tough situations on my own or with the assistance of one other person. My co-workers were always talkative, open, and friendly. They also never minded lending a helpful when needed. The hardest part of my job was having to deal with extremely difficult people who were also sore losers. The best part of my job was being able to participate in such a fun environment.
Pros
Get to be active and interact with various amounts of people
Cons
No breaks between shifts
A good option for grad school
Graduate Research Assistant for Dr. Amelia Talley (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 19, 2016
Grad school is hard but necessary. Every position is very different and depends on the professor you work for. You often can set your own hours if you work just as a research assistant. Otherwise you might be put in an office or teaching. All the positions are part time and the pay is kind of low but it is how you get into academia. Your coworkers and management can be great, but that depends on where you work, but if you work with them and connect they will be some of the most important support for you.
Enjoyed my time
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 15, 2016
My time as a student assistant was great, I would honestly recommend it to anyone interested and eligible for the job as a student assistant.
productive place to work in.
General Tutor (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 10, 2016
it was a very interesting job. the people here where very helpful and were happy to have me work with them. the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know/meet knew people and individuals and get to interact with them.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 7, 2016
I used to give tutoring services to students freshman and junior years. I tutored Chemistry, Calculus and Physics I. Teaching other students was great and builds a good social network.
Responsible job
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 26, 2016
- No fix schedule of work; it varies according to class times.
- The hardest part of the job is you have to sit at one place for maximum 3 hours and you have to keep looking at computer.
- The most enjoyable part is you can participate in any discussion from recording booth.
Pros
No physical work.
Cons
Short breaks.
Challenging and Varied work
Online Course Designer (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 24, 2016
There is no typical day, as it depends on the projects, meetings and tasks that need to be done on that day. Working here requires that you be self motivated and able to monitor the quality of your own work.
Graduate School
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  TexasMay 19, 2016
It all depends on what your focus is and who is your PI/advisor. Some who have tenure seem to be more disengaged. A lot of newer PI advisors remember what graduate school was like and are more helpful in reviewing the knowledge.
Pros
Cheap cost of living
Cons
Far away from anywhere
Great place to work!
Graduate Academic Advisor and Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 16, 2016
Texas Tech University is a great place to work! They are family orientated and take care of their employees. I loved my job and working with the faculty, staff and students.
Was able to interact with other athletes and find a common ground.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 11, 2016
Since I was tutoring other athletes it was easy to help as well as push each other through the struggles that only being a division one college athlete would experience.
Excellent work culture
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 3, 2016
Excellent place for freshers to work,Got to learn ownership and learnt many new technologies.A must work place for part time
Pros
work life balance
Cons
Compensation
Passionate about their products
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXApril 23, 2016
The brand managers all really loved their work, and the products they were selling. A very fun and enjoyable environment.
Good place
Medical Assistant/Temp (Current Employee) –  TexasMarch 29, 2016
Good place to work, great patient care and nice people. Working for this community is very rewarding. I am ready for a change and to expand my knowledge in a new setting.
Terrible place to work with very poor supervisors.
STUDENT SPECIALIST III (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 8, 2016
The was a terrible place to work. Had I known how terrible it would have been I would have stayed at my last job. This job is really a low paying job I found out. When my supervisor informed me that I was being over paid she immediately found every way to get rid of me. The supervisor in this department has little to no knowledge of what to do in this department. Overall this was the un-liked position I have ever had, you don't make any money here because you have to take in-part in the teachers retirement and your checks here are worse than a fast food worker. Texas Tech has all this money and cant afford to pay its employees. Overall if you are applying for the position of Student Specialist III. Trust me you aren't a specialist your the work horse so the management can spend time painting their nails, post their status on social media. Your better off working in fast food. Save your time in applying here because your coming in as entry level so everyone above you gets better personal days off, sick days off and vacation days off. Do not work in this department.
Pros
Health Benefits.
Cons
Poor Upper Supervisor management knowledge
Intense Work Environment with high expectations
Graduate part-time instructor (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 7, 2016
TTU requires a lot of its employees, granted that many of us are still graduate students with our own work to complete. This job is intensive, requiring hours of grading and preparation each week, but is entirely worth both the experience and the compensation.
Pros
Classroom/Grading Experience
Cons
Frequent Deadlines, Heavy Work Load
Good Department to work with
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 4, 2016
Since I am a Graduate Student,projects that I am getting in the work are interesting and challenging and I recently created two new applications.Managers and colleagues are very friendly
Pros
Flexible timings and decent pay
Cons
None that I noticed of
Metadata Analyst
Metadata Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXFebruary 23, 2016
I submitted, edited, and cataloged numerous files into the Texas Tech Library system for other students to view and use.
good
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXFebruary 4, 2016
• Applied leadership skills by managing a team of 9 members.
• Completed many tasks such as providing marketing, and working with other inner company departments such as the collection department.
• Completed and submitted proposals for increasing revenue and daily sales to upper management
good place to work
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  TXJanuary 26, 2016
I really enjoyed being there. They are very friendly people and I learned so much not only in my field but also in personal relationships

4.4