Texas Tech University Employee Reviews

Should use it as a starting point
Research Assistant (RA) (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 23, 2017
Friendly environment. Cheap but boring city. Average undergrad students. Average benefits. Low Taxes. Not extremely competitive. Beautiful Campus. Nice people.
Working as a Student
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 22, 2017
I was employed at Texas Tech for two years while juggling school and clubs. Management was more than understanding and always had time to discuss upcoming deadlines as well as scheduling restrictions. It was an important learning experience while I was in classes and enriched my time at Texas Tech as a whole.
Student Assistant Job at Texas Tech is Amazing
Undergrad Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 20, 2017
The work-study program at Texas Tech University is a wonderful program. The hours are built around your schedule of classes and time spent at work is usually for homework. It allows me to be productive as well as help the department.
Pros
Time for homework
Cons
No breaks
Learning environment with room to grow
Nutrition Educator, TEAMWORK (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 12, 2017
Friendly work environment filled with people who want to help you succeed. Though if you are perceived as not caring or not interested in your program you will be treated as so.
Great Student Jobs
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 7, 2017
I had no problem finding a job as a student. They worked well with my schedule and were supportive. I got to work at several events in the United Spirit Arena including sports games, concerts, conferences, and graduations. They almost always fed us and we all worked very well together.
Great experience
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 29, 2017
I went to school here
Co-researchers were very helpful and hard working
worked in the lab working on projects
Wrote reports and reported to doctoral students
Good working environment with fairly nice people and flexibility
Student Technician Desktop On-Site Support (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 20, 2017
As a student employee, we get fairly good salaries and flexibility even during school hours. Managements are easy to work with, very friendly and understanding people.
Good experience
Human Anatomy Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 16, 2017
Great experience learning how to teach peers. Great review for course material as well. Easy hours, good small job while in school. TA's easy to work with.
CLINIC ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 14, 2017
The work area was always busy and fun other staff always willing to help and go that extra mile to help in what ever needed to be taking care of in the office as will as patient care. Management was there in moments of un decision that were needing input from others. Work as a team and completed every task done as needed at the end of the day.
Go Tech
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 10, 2017
Great place to work! Large State institution rated with respect paid well decent state benefits. Would work there again definitely felt valued .........
Great work place
Student Assistant, Office of the President (Current Employee) –  TexasAugust 8, 2017
Texas Tech treats it's students and employees with the utmost respect and this made it a wonderful work environment. I was a student while working here and my supervisors were great in being flexible with my schedule.
Big University with a good music department and middle of the road art department
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 7, 2017
The administrators at this school do a good job, and the school has moved very close to becoming a national research sort of institution. I enjoyed my work assistant teaching while a PhD student, and also assisting students with technology and software in the computer labs.
Pros
Huge Campus
Cons
Huge Campus
productive
Student Manager (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 3, 2017
cross trained on different food concepts including:
grill
burrito line
salads
sandwiches
cashier
work on each food concept depending on the schedule
student manager
Great workplace
Student Liaison (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 31, 2017
I learned a lot of valuable skills here at Texas Tech University. I learned how to work with others as well as how to work in a fast-paced yet efficient work environment.
Good place to work as a student
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 29, 2017
Texas Tech University pays student higher than many of the other schools, so, it can be a good place to work and study at the same time. As a student, I was satisfied with working at TTU
AWesome
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 24, 2017
great people to work with
I loved the children teaching was enjoyable
the pay was amazing
the team was fantastic to work with
if i had the chance I would work this job again
great for student employees
TEACHING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 20, 2017
convient to work on campus. history department more than willing to help work with students and plan and balance their schedules and personal life outside of class and work.
Flexible student job
Graduate Assistant/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 19, 2017
I worked as a teaching assistant while I finished my Master's degree at TTU. This job was great because the professors and students that I worked with were all amazing! As a student I knew how much of a positive impact it could make when you have a great TA for a difficult course. That thinking guided many of my decisions as a TA and helped me to earn the respect of each of my students.
Productive and enjoyable work place
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 18, 2017
Every day, I evaluate cotton fiber properties of different genotypes. I learned how to analyze and interpret the result. All professors, workers, and graduate students around me are hardworking and solve problems by discussing it. The hardest part of the job is data acquiring.The most enjoyable part of the job is data analysis and interpreting them.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 17, 2017
I loved working for the TECHniques center at Texas Tech, because it allows you to have the freedom to build your own schedule with your student. The job is very rewarding and allows you to be creative in coming up with content to help your student learn. I only wish that I could have been employed here longer!