Texas Tech University Employee Reviews

Good working environment with fairly nice people and flexibility
Student Technician Desktop On-Site Support (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 20, 2017
As a student employee, we get fairly good salaries and flexibility even during school hours. Managements are easy to work with, very friendly and understanding people.
Good experience
Human Anatomy Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 16, 2017
Great experience learning how to teach peers. Great review for course material as well. Easy hours, good small job while in school. TA's easy to work with.
CLINIC ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 14, 2017
The work area was always busy and fun other staff always willing to help and go that extra mile to help in what ever needed to be taking care of in the office as will as patient care. Management was there in moments of un decision that were needing input from others. Work as a team and completed every task done as needed at the end of the day.
Go Tech
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 10, 2017
Great place to work! Large State institution rated with respect paid well decent state benefits. Would work there again definitely felt valued .........
Great work place
Student Assistant, Office of the President (Current Employee) –  TexasAugust 8, 2017
Texas Tech treats it's students and employees with the utmost respect and this made it a wonderful work environment. I was a student while working here and my supervisors were great in being flexible with my schedule.
Big University with a good music department and middle of the road art department
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 7, 2017
The administrators at this school do a good job, and the school has moved very close to becoming a national research sort of institution. I enjoyed my work assistant teaching while a PhD student, and also assisting students with technology and software in the computer labs.
Pros
Huge Campus
Cons
Huge Campus
productive
Student Manager (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 3, 2017
cross trained on different food concepts including:
grill
burrito line
salads
sandwiches
cashier
work on each food concept depending on the schedule
student manager
Great workplace
Student Liaison (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 31, 2017
I learned a lot of valuable skills here at Texas Tech University. I learned how to work with others as well as how to work in a fast-paced yet efficient work environment.
Good place to work as a student
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 29, 2017
Texas Tech University pays student higher than many of the other schools, so, it can be a good place to work and study at the same time. As a student, I was satisfied with working at TTU
AWesome
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 24, 2017
great people to work with
I loved the children teaching was enjoyable
the pay was amazing
the team was fantastic to work with
if i had the chance I would work this job again
Pros
Cons

Want to know more about Texas Tech University?

Ask a question
great for student employees
TEACHING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 20, 2017
convient to work on campus. history department more than willing to help work with students and plan and balance their schedules and personal life outside of class and work.
Flexible student job
Graduate Assistant/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 19, 2017
I worked as a teaching assistant while I finished my Master's degree at TTU. This job was great because the professors and students that I worked with were all amazing! As a student I knew how much of a positive impact it could make when you have a great TA for a difficult course. That thinking guided many of my decisions as a TA and helped me to earn the respect of each of my students.
Productive and enjoyable work place
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 18, 2017
Every day, I evaluate cotton fiber properties of different genotypes. I learned how to analyze and interpret the result. All professors, workers, and graduate students around me are hardworking and solve problems by discussing it. The hardest part of the job is data acquiring.The most enjoyable part of the job is data analysis and interpreting them.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 17, 2017
I loved working for the TECHniques center at Texas Tech, because it allows you to have the freedom to build your own schedule with your student. The job is very rewarding and allows you to be creative in coming up with content to help your student learn. I only wish that I could have been employed here longer!
had fun
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 13, 2017
Great University for education. Funding and part time on campus jobs can be really helpful for students. Part time job timings can be adjusted according to our schedule every week.
Cons
Location of lubbock
Learning Curve
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 8, 2017
Great work place to work while learning a lot of new things. We'll get a chance to meet a lot of new people around the world and great professors during conferences.
Great Learning experience
Report Developer (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 6, 2017
I worked for a doctor so it was super interesting and great learning experience.
Working environment was very supportive and encouraging. Everyone was very helpful and open to help.
Flexible and good benefits
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 6, 2017
I teach classes online and have flexibility to work from home. It also has great benefits for being a full time instructor. They dont have PTO but they do have sick leave.
It was very professional place with lots of experience
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 4, 2017
It was my honor and privilege to join Texas Tech university. It gave me different exposure I might have not been able to get anywhere else. The professors where so professional and always ready to give whatever they have.
It is a good place for work
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 30, 2017
This place is very good for work. I learnt a lot during my teaching assistant period. I learnt how to prepare the scope of work and how to delver information to the students.