Texas Tech University Employee Reviews

Great Benefits Poor Pay
Insulation Tech 2 (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXApril 27, 2017
Environment was good and people were great to work with. Although the pay was never there. The states does give really good benefits that are free which was a major plus.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Pay was ridiculous
A great place to work.
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Texas Tech UniversityApril 25, 2017
Great place to work, especially is you are going to school. Supervisors will generally work with your schedule. Best part of the job is the team-work environment.
Pros
Great benefits
Texas Tech University
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXApril 23, 2017
Working at Texas Tech University was one of the most positive and memorable experience I have had as an undergraduate student. It is a great place to acquire knowledge and prepare for the challenges of the working world.
Friendly work environment
Captain of "A" team (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXApril 19, 2017
The working hours are pretty flexible, although still are pretty long. I've learned how to work, manage, and communicate with people of different ethnicity and backgrounds.
I am proud to be a Red Raider
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXApril 12, 2017
This is where I became a solidified adult and laid the foundation for my character. I was a two sport athlete and I also worked on campus due to my families finances or a lack there of .
Community Advisor
Communty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXApril 12, 2017
In a typical day as a Community Advisor, you deal with residents asking plenty of questions about things that they could have figured out themselves. Supervisors making work easier on themselves by giving us more work that is not necessary to the job. There are multiple programs thrown by the Community Advisors to educate the residents within the hall. At night, you may have to deal with issues with the residents, such as lockouts, roommate issues, intoxicated individuals, suicide prevention, it can be very random.
Pros
Free housing and meal plan
Cons
So many programs, interactions, and less time for personal and school life.
Great place if you can ever get in, but don't expect to get rich
Senior Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXApril 11, 2017
Texas Tech is a great place to work, but it is very difficult to get into Tech unless you know someone or get lucky during the hiring process. Once you get into Tech, however, don't expect for there to be huge sums of money thrown your way or expect to get big raises because the state is cheap and doesn't offer up big pay days or raises. But the benefits are the best I have ever come across and it's a great atmosphere to work in.
Pros
Great place to work, awesome benefits
Cons
Few advancement opportunities, and low pay
Good Education
Undergraduate Researcher (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXApril 6, 2017
The rigorous engineering programs at Texas Tech University prepares alumni to be competitive in the job market. The Texas Tech Chemical Engineering department pushes its undergraduate students to be prepared for graduate level work - whether in academia or in industry.
Friendly work environment, flexible hours
Librarian (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXApril 3, 2017
• Worked Digital Media Service Desk overseeing the distribution and retrieval of digital media hardware.
• Restocked books and made damage assessments on returned equipment.
Student Assistant position - Procurement Services (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 30, 2017
Student Assistant position, very flexible with school schedule, Managers and staff very helpful and open to questions. Great place to work if have the opportunity to do so.
Great place to work if you enjoy helping others
TECHNIQUES CENTER TUTOR (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 23, 2017
Texas Tech University is a great school, and it was convenient for me to work there because I was already on campus to attend class. The managers are really nice, but students are luck of the draw.
Awesome
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 18, 2017
Loved working at the library and being a student assistant to a professor was a dream. Couldn't of asked for a better boss who was willing to work with my schedule.
State job where your superiors may or may not care about their employees
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 18, 2017
During my time at Texas Tech University, I've had quite a few managers, most of whom cared for me as a person as well as an employee. My last set of supervisors did not have the same morals and standards. After nearly 14 years of service, my title was never changed.

This being said, it was a decent place to work at, where I stayed busy taking care of databases, servers and all my customers.
Benefits
Cons
good
Member of Geosciences Society (Current Employee) –  TexasMarch 15, 2017
very good place to learn and educate yourself for great future work opportunity. labs and professors are very helpful and willing to help the student to achieve their dreams.
Productive and Fun Work Place for Graduate Students
Graduate Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 9, 2017
While employment is contingent on you being a graduate student, it is a very fun and productive environment. The professors care about you and your work and are very willing to help you along the way.
Pros
Short work weeks
Cons
Contingent on being full time student
Great University
Graduate Teaching Assistant for Human Anatomy (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 4, 2017
Texas Tech University is a great institution that works to promote student growth and education to allows the student's possibility to grow and exceed in whatever the students dare to dream to do and become.
Good experience, long hours
Apparel Design Studio Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 3, 2017
Overall I learned a lot about maintenance of different equipment in a studio. The hours were long and I was mostly a glorified doorman (the door code stops working for students after 5pm) so most of my job was sitting and waiting. Several students would ask my advice on their current projects. When I didn't have anything to work on myself and nobody came in, the hours would drag, especially if you had a late shift.
Pros
Lots of time to work on personal projects
Cons
Minimum wage
Overall experience Horrible/Non helpful
Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  TTHSCMarch 3, 2017
I have learned that if you have not worked withing that company for more than 5 yrs they are not very welcoming. They should be more open to new comers and opportunity.
Pros
Working for Texas Tech
Cons
Management not very knowledgeable, Non compliant
Educational experience
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXFebruary 25, 2017
Great workplace. Need serious dedication and experience with machining and quality processes. Very good place to learn and understand more about engineering research.
very good experience
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXFebruary 7, 2017
This is the place where I gained my knowledge and skills that lays the foundation for my future career. I have learned to work with my classmates and my professors. This greatly enhanced my independent critical thinking and my problem solving skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texas Tech University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4