Texas Tech University

Texas Tech University United States Employee Reviews

Flexible Schedule
Tutor (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXMay 4, 2015
Work one on one to your students and work between each others schedule. You can learn as you teach and help your students knowledge and to help increase their grades.
Research Assistant
Grad Part Time Instructor (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXApril 30, 2015
International Research Assistant means lot of work for few vacations and low salary. But it s ok compared to other universities.
Well managed, great professors
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXApril 22, 2015
I enjoyed working as a colleague to some of the best literary and education minds I've met--they continually challenged.

I also enjoyed my students and reading their papers--their ideas were always new and refreshing.
productive fun place to work
Admissions/Recruitment (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXApril 22, 2015
meet nice people, had fun. gained experience. can continue education while working. travel was nice sometimes. events coordinated, stressful.
Professional research and work environment
Business Assistant (Former Employee), El Paso, TXApril 17, 2015
A typical day at work involved meeting with the manager to discuss tasks and then working on those tasks the rest of the day. Management was unfair, demanding, and unappreciative. In a research environment, there isn't a lot of interaction with co-workers. The hardest part of the job was not feeling much appreciation for the hard work we put in.
Great Part Time Job
Standardized Patient (Current Employee), Abilene, TXApril 15, 2015
Pros: Great pay
Cons: Long days
As a standardized patient, there were no set work times, and the managers were great to work with. The pay was great. Lunches were always provided. The days were long, but the pay off was great.
Excellent instructors
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXApril 14, 2015
A day at work includes making lectures, presenting technical information and in-flight training.

The best part of the job were the student employees.
Interactive and productive workplace.
Student Assistant (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXApril 12, 2015
Interaction with prospective students and parents interested in attending Texas Tech University. Ability to serve as an ambassador for the Texas Tech University system and answer questions or concerns of prospective students and parents. Served as a mentor to various audiences, including students, prospective students and parents. Involvement with the University system as a whole was enjoyable, because I was afforded the opportunity to help others pursue their goals and dreams.
Fun to work.
Web Application Developer (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXApril 5, 2015
I used to start my day by sending the birthday mail to the people celebrating their birthday by gathering the information from their team members and writing a testimonial, sending across unit. I worked as web developer of for health sciences department. I had a good team to work with. The hardest part used to be the tight deadlines. Most enjoyable part was the work was challenging.
Very good
Student assistant for International student life (Current Employee), TXApril 1, 2015
Texas Tech has been one of the best things in my life and it totally changed the way I look at life. I work as a part-time student worker at the Office of International Affairs and the work here is very professional. Everyone is particular about everything and it made me grow as a professional worker.
Research
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), TXMarch 28, 2015
Pros: NA
Cons: NA
At the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, I have the opportunity to explore the excellent facilities of the departments under the guidance of expert faculty members using the latest cutting edge technologies. Lab exposure during the doctoral study was helpful for me to fine tune my research interest towards dissertation. The reason for selecting this school for my further study is multifaceted. First of all, at this school I found the perfect match of my research interest in different laboratories
Secondly, the graduate program is lead by internationally reputed faculties, which provided me with the basic knowledge and academic skills in addition to preparing me for carrying creative and independent research work in my specialized area. The infrastructure and ready access to a variety of research facilities supported to carry out my doctoral level research program suitably at the competitive levels. Thirdly, high academic reputation and nationwide ranking of this institute with significant research publications in reputed journals, research funding from internationally recognized organization like NIH provided me with a high level research environment. The interaction with a variety of international research students aided in synthesizing new ideas. Finally, I believe that the guidance of an internationally reputed faculty during my doctoral study helped me to become a successful researcher to solve many biological puzzles.
The laboratory where I have worked as a doctoral student provided me with various learning environments. I feel proud to be in the – more... research group where I am currently working. The laboratory environment never makes me feel lonely and I enjoy discussing scientific ideas with my peers.
With all these broad interests and specific goals, I am very much glad to be the graduate student of Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center. I believe that it is the best place for anyone to flourish and to achieve my goals. I am confident that my patience and perseverance through many disappointments and small triumphs, my abundant curiosity and my commitment to research work have merited me as a successful scientist at the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center. I have the vision and the potential to make you proud as an employee. – less
Excellent place
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), TXMarch 19, 2015
I have really enjoyed working as a teaching assistant and my whole college experience. I was able to open my students' minds to approaching history in a whole new way. I will always keep Texas Tech as a wonderful place to learn.
Review
Student Assistant at Biology TTU (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXFebruary 27, 2015
Good culture to learn and work within the productive environment. Helping seniors guiding well to move ahead and resolve the problem assigned within time.
Good
Texas Tech Chess (Former Employee), TXFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: a very proactive and diverse environment.
Cons: sometimes we had to work on weekends.
Contact schools from the Lubbock ISD everyday. Follow up with the after-school programs. Assist Title IV school with student workers and volunteers. Organize events for the Lubbock ISD and Texas Tech every month.
Fun place to work
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: stressful
I had a good time working here. I learned new things, which I have applied into my life. Additionally I enjoy the work environment.
Experience
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: work
Cons: time schedule
Interesting and passionate work in the field of data analysis, information analysis,consulting.Working for advanced technology learning centre in the Library of Texas Tech University.
fulfilling job
Mechanical Engineering Machine Shop Hand (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: getting to work there
I have great memories there. I greatly appreciate the time I had learning hands-on skills.A typical day at work included helping students and professors alike with their projects. I even had time to work on my own interests.
Part Time
Active Member (Current Employee), TXFebruary 18, 2015
A great company who truly values their employees. The perfect place to work as a first job and student. Very flexible and willing to work with whatever your schedule is.
Lots of learning
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: lots of lectures on different field
I worked as a Teaching assistant in distance learning program.
Got to attend a lot of lectures from different fields and great professors.
great
Utilities Trainee (Current Employee), TXFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: 7 days off
Cons: book work, long hours, pay
long hours decent pay. slow paced a lot of sitting. operate chillers boilers. work 121/2 hours a day for 7 days then I'm off for 7 days rotate 7 days the 7 nights

1 2 3 4 5