Texas Tech University Employee Reviews in United States

Passionate about their products
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXApril 23, 2016
The brand managers all really loved their work, and the products they were selling. A very fun and enjoyable environment.
Good place
Medical Assistant/Temp (Current Employee) –  TexasMarch 29, 2016
Good place to work, great patient care and nice people. Working for this community is very rewarding. I am ready for a change and to expand my knowledge in a new setting.
Terrible place to work with very poor supervisors.
STUDENT SPECIALIST III (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 8, 2016
The was a terrible place to work. Had I known how terrible it would have been I would have stayed at my last job. This job is really a low paying job I found out. When my supervisor informed me that I was being over paid she immediately found every way to get rid of me. The supervisor in this department has little to no knowledge of what to do in this department. Overall this was the un-liked position I have ever had, you don't make any money here because you have to take in-part in the teachers retirement and your checks here are worse than a fast food worker. Texas Tech has all this money and cant afford to pay its employees. Overall if you are applying for the position of Student Specialist III. Trust me you aren't a specialist your the work horse so the management can spend time painting their nails, post their status on social media. Your better off working in fast food. Save your time in applying here because your coming in as entry level so everyone above you gets better personal days off, sick days off and vacation days off. Do not work in this department.
Pros
Health Benefits.
Cons
Poor Upper Supervisor management knowledge
Intense Work Environment with high expectations
Graduate part-time instructor (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 7, 2016
TTU requires a lot of its employees, granted that many of us are still graduate students with our own work to complete. This job is intensive, requiring hours of grading and preparation each week, but is entirely worth both the experience and the compensation.
Pros
Classroom/Grading Experience
Cons
Frequent Deadlines, Heavy Work Load
Good Department to work with
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 4, 2016
Since I am a Graduate Student,projects that I am getting in the work are interesting and challenging and I recently created two new applications.Managers and colleagues are very friendly
Pros
Flexible timings and decent pay
Cons
None that I noticed of
Metadata Analyst
Metadata Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXFebruary 23, 2016
I submitted, edited, and cataloged numerous files into the Texas Tech Library system for other students to view and use.
good
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXFebruary 4, 2016
• Applied leadership skills by managing a team of 9 members.
• Completed many tasks such as providing marketing, and working with other inner company departments such as the collection department.
• Completed and submitted proposals for increasing revenue and daily sales to upper management
good place to work
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  TXJanuary 26, 2016
I really enjoyed being there. They are very friendly people and I learned so much not only in my field but also in personal relationships
Fun and Interesting Place to Work
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 10, 2016
Personal training crew was fun to work with! Clients were challenging, interesting and fun to be around. Working the 5:00am training schedule and motivating clients was an experience.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Advances
productive
Professor of Pediatrics (Current Employee) –  TXJanuary 6, 2016
Good place to work for, easy to communicate with people, and flexible. Did a good job, worked as a team with people around
Pros
good work environment
Cons
rigid

Want to know more about Texas Tech University?

Ask a question
Highly Productive
Research Work (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 5, 2016
Wonderful campus with highly equipped laboratories and state of the art technologies. Faculty Members are well-educated and very supportive in different aspects of college life.
Production and Serious Workplace
International Senior Lead Evaluator (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 4, 2016
Working in Higher Ed is serious business. The job itself is great, but very challenging. It's not for someone who does not like to sit at his or her desk for 8, sometime 9 hours per day. Research is enjoyable. Evaluations are challenging--I learned an encyclopedia of knowledge in less than three months.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor Communication
Very fun place to work with other students
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXDecember 26, 2015
A good place to work with other students my age part time while taking classes. The position I had is mostly unsupervised, but we were still able to complete our jobs properly and on time. Good place to learn responsibilities and communication skills as well as team work skills.
An amazing isntitute for higher education.
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXDecember 11, 2015
My typical day in helping others understand lifespan human development helps me understand the material from new perspectives through current students. The most enjoyable part my duties ential is the discussions that take place in the context of a test review. The most difficult aspect to the responsibilities associated with this work would be trying to adequately present abstract concepts in a way that is conducive to student-comprehension. The professor I help teach is an amazing woman who helps when needed, and allows me to work with students in my own way. Overall, I have enjoyed the experience. The students are ready to learn and the professor has allowed for great growth both in her current students education as well as my own.
Pros
3.0 hr college credit
Cons
n/a
Fun Workplace
Italian Tutor (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXNovember 13, 2015
Great academic environment where I learned Public Relations techniques and the Italian language. Everyone there has a desire to learn.
Great experience
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 17, 2015
This was an unpaid position but being a student teacher teaches you a lot. I would recommend student who are given the opportunity to take advantage of the experience.
Challenging work environment
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 16, 2015
This was the application development and support department. They worked on many different technologies and there was a lot to learn. Every one was so talented that they are always there to help you.
Excellent workplace for stable employment
Sr. Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 13, 2015
This was a very rewarding and unique experience. My co-workers are like a team and the hardest part of the job is communication with upper management. The best part is freedom at work and accountability.
Pros
professional freedom
Cons
growth opportunities
Great and typical
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 11, 2015
It your typical student assistant job: decent pay, laid back work environment; however, hours are capped. But overall it was a great place to work.
Convenient for students
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 30, 2015
I loved working for the HRPP. Great staff and very flexible. The only downfall was pay. Texas Tech has so much money and it only pays student $7.25.
Pros
Great people, flexible, and convient
Cons
Minimum wage

4.4