Texas Tech University Employee Reviews

good
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXFebruary 4, 2016
• Applied leadership skills by managing a team of 9 members.
• Completed many tasks such as providing marketing, and working with other inner company departments such as the collection department.
• Completed and submitted proposals for increasing revenue and daily sales to upper management
good place to work
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  TXJanuary 26, 2016
I really enjoyed being there. They are very friendly people and I learned so much not only in my field but also in personal relationships
Fun and Interesting Place to Work
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 10, 2016
Personal training crew was fun to work with! Clients were challenging, interesting and fun to be around. Working the 5:00am training schedule and motivating clients was an experience.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Advances
productive
Professor of Pediatrics (Current Employee) –  TXJanuary 6, 2016
Good place to work for, easy to communicate with people, and flexible. Did a good job, worked as a team with people around
Pros
good work environment
Cons
rigid
Highly Productive
Research Work (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 5, 2016
Wonderful campus with highly equipped laboratories and state of the art technologies. Faculty Members are well-educated and very supportive in different aspects of college life.
Production and Serious Workplace
International Senior Lead Evaluator (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 4, 2016
Working in Higher Ed is serious business. The job itself is great, but very challenging. It's not for someone who does not like to sit at his or her desk for 8, sometime 9 hours per day. Research is enjoyable. Evaluations are challenging--I learned an encyclopedia of knowledge in less than three months.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor Communication
Very fun place to work with other students
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXDecember 26, 2015
A good place to work with other students my age part time while taking classes. The position I had is mostly unsupervised, but we were still able to complete our jobs properly and on time. Good place to learn responsibilities and communication skills as well as team work skills.
An amazing isntitute for higher education.
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXDecember 11, 2015
My typical day in helping others understand lifespan human development helps me understand the material from new perspectives through current students. The most enjoyable part my duties ential is the discussions that take place in the context of a test review. The most difficult aspect to the responsibilities associated with this work would be trying to adequately present abstract concepts in a way that is conducive to student-comprehension. The professor I help teach is an amazing woman who helps when needed, and allows me to work with students in my own way. Overall, I have enjoyed the experience. The students are ready to learn and the professor has allowed for great growth both in her current students education as well as my own.
Pros
3.0 hr college credit
Cons
n/a
Fun Workplace
Italian Tutor (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXNovember 13, 2015
Great academic environment where I learned Public Relations techniques and the Italian language. Everyone there has a desire to learn.
Great experience
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 17, 2015
This was an unpaid position but being a student teacher teaches you a lot. I would recommend student who are given the opportunity to take advantage of the experience.
Challenging work environment
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 16, 2015
This was the application development and support department. They worked on many different technologies and there was a lot to learn. Every one was so talented that they are always there to help you.
Excellent workplace for stable employment
Sr. Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 13, 2015
This was a very rewarding and unique experience. My co-workers are like a team and the hardest part of the job is communication with upper management. The best part is freedom at work and accountability.
Pros
professional freedom
Cons
growth opportunities
Great and typical
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 11, 2015
It your typical student assistant job: decent pay, laid back work environment; however, hours are capped. But overall it was a great place to work.
Convenient for students
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 30, 2015
I loved working for the HRPP. Great staff and very flexible. The only downfall was pay. Texas Tech has so much money and it only pays student $7.25.
Pros
Great people, flexible, and convient
Cons
Minimum wage
OK PLACE
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 27, 2015
OK PLACE TO WORK WITH, PAY NO GOOD BUT HAVE STABLE WORK, NO NEED TO WORRY ABOUT LAYOFF. WORK ENVIRONMENT IS RELAX, FEW STRESS.
Evaluating college transcripts is great and challenging
Senior Evaluator (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 24, 2015
Great place to work and supportive management
Work well as a team to get the work done, sometimes there are humps to hurl but we manage as a team. Each one of us do the work different but we know at the end of the day as long as the work is done that's all that matters. My colleagues and I all have different strengths and we learn from each other. No, questions is a dumb question, ask if you don't know. The greatest thing about this job, you meet all kinds of people from over the United States and other countries.
Pros
Having outdoor outtings and events that we could all attend.
Cons
Not enough parking
Football Field house
Football Player (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 17, 2015
Every day was a grind. Early mornings and late nights, especially during the season. But I can honestly say it was all worth it in helping to mold the man I am here today.
A great workplace to learn new and different legal concepts!
Law Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TexasSeptember 1, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Texas Tech. I learned a lot in different areas of law. I received so much exposure to different areas of law and there are too many to list.
Friendly place to work with disiversified staff.
Sec.for Chair of Dept. (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 28, 2015
Interesting job, meeting people from many countries. Learned additional computer programs, managed plane tickets and hotel reservations for incoming faculty, ordered meals from off campus at least once monthly sometimes 4 times for gatherings. Nice co-workers.
Pros
Working with young people from all over the world.
Cons
Supervisors with "god" complex.
Highly productive and interesting work place.
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 1, 2015
I work as Graduate Assistant helping the Director of Research Programming in the Vice President of Research Office.

I use Business Intelligence tool IBM cognos for reporting and analyzing research metrics for the university.

I am responsible for ad-hoc report generation either using SQL Developer/ MS Access/ IBM Cognos.

I also need to create and modify reports. I use Oracle Report Builder for achieving this.

Apart from this, I am also responsible for handling the Internal Web Application which is based on Java. I need to develop and maintain the application. The toughest part of my job is to respond as quickly as possible and resolve the issues related to the reports and web application in short span since the application is highly needed by various faculty members and Research department staff for generating reports and Letters.

I have proposed an idea to handle huge amount of data anticipating the future demand. Standard RDBMS to NoSQL migration for better results. This is a pilot project and I am solely responsible for it.

My co-workers are very friendly and helping supporting my education with scholarship.
Pros
Scholarship, Decent Pay.

4.5