Texas Tech University Employee Reviews

Great place to work if you enjoy helping others
TECHNIQUES CENTER TUTOR (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 23, 2017
Texas Tech University is a great school, and it was convenient for me to work there because I was already on campus to attend class. The managers are really nice, but students are luck of the draw.
Awesome
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 18, 2017
Loved working at the library and being a student assistant to a professor was a dream. Couldn't of asked for a better boss who was willing to work with my schedule.
State job where your superiors may or may not care about their employees
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 18, 2017
During my time at Texas Tech University, I've had quite a few managers, most of whom cared for me as a person as well as an employee. My last set of supervisors did not have the same morals and standards. After nearly 14 years of service, my title was never changed.

This being said, it was a decent place to work at, where I stayed busy taking care of databases, servers and all my customers.
Benefits
Cons
good
Member of Geosciences Society (Current Employee) –  TexasMarch 15, 2017
very good place to learn and educate yourself for great future work opportunity. labs and professors are very helpful and willing to help the student to achieve their dreams.
Productive and Fun Work Place for Graduate Students
Graduate Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 9, 2017
While employment is contingent on you being a graduate student, it is a very fun and productive environment. The professors care about you and your work and are very willing to help you along the way.
Pros
Short work weeks
Cons
Contingent on being full time student
Great University
Graduate Teaching Assistant for Human Anatomy (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 4, 2017
Texas Tech University is a great institution that works to promote student growth and education to allows the student's possibility to grow and exceed in whatever the students dare to dream to do and become.
Good experience, long hours
Apparel Design Studio Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 3, 2017
Overall I learned a lot about maintenance of different equipment in a studio. The hours were long and I was mostly a glorified doorman (the door code stops working for students after 5pm) so most of my job was sitting and waiting. Several students would ask my advice on their current projects. When I didn't have anything to work on myself and nobody came in, the hours would drag, especially if you had a late shift.
Pros
Lots of time to work on personal projects
Cons
Minimum wage
Overall experience Horrible/Non helpful
Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  TTHSCMarch 3, 2017
I have learned that if you have not worked withing that company for more than 5 yrs they are not very welcoming. They should be more open to new comers and opportunity.
Pros
Working for Texas Tech
Cons
Management not very knowledgeable, Non compliant
Educational experience
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXFebruary 25, 2017
Great workplace. Need serious dedication and experience with machining and quality processes. Very good place to learn and understand more about engineering research.
very good experience
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXFebruary 7, 2017
This is the place where I gained my knowledge and skills that lays the foundation for my future career. I have learned to work with my classmates and my professors. This greatly enhanced my independent critical thinking and my problem solving skills.
Easy and simple job
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXFebruary 2, 2017
A typical day would be filing any papers the budget director had finished the day before or before I got to work. I would file papers in the correct folder according to the FOB code. I would scan any papers she asked for me to scan for her, using a printer in the office. I would also enter information in excel spreadsheets for any account, to see what the budget was for the account. I would also go through and balance spreadsheets for revenues and expenses.
Really conducive environment to work.
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXFebruary 2, 2017
My job helped me learn a great deal about SQL DB along with generating reports in Tableau.Also the work environment and my team members coordination made me a team player.
great environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 24, 2017
TTU is located in the heart of Lubbock a very reserved and quite city with the campus at the heart of the city.Great environment to work in. Friendly and helpful staff are always there to lend an helping hand.
Pros
High raider spirit
Cons
time management is required
Texas Tech
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 12, 2017
It was great working at Texas Tech University. They worked well with my schedule and always were understanding since I was a student. I loved that everyday was a new learning experience.
Working as a research intern in the field of chemical engineering
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 8, 2017
Responsibilities include performing challenging thermodynamic modeling and simulations of various electrolyte systems, energetic materials and precious metals from electronic waste.
Good Part time job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 4, 2017
I was able to easily balance my work and school schedule. Everyone is understanding that school can be unpredictable and the need to be flexible
A Student's Best Friend
Student Technician (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 4, 2017
For a Student this was the best place I could possibly work. The IT department was always willing to work with me and I have never had a more helpful employer.
Pros
The best bosses you can ask for.
Cons
The pay is a little low but it was part time so you know.
na
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXDecember 22, 2016
Perfect place to get an education. Very knowledgeable stuff members. They try their best and make sure that you have learned what they teach
Good job to have while studying
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXDecember 16, 2016
I administered the online sections of various courses, answered student emails and questions, and got to know professors and faculty better.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Awesome place for a student to work
Graduate Assistant/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  TexasDecember 14, 2016
Working within my department at Texas Tech University. My supervisors were wonderful and allowed me to have a very flexible schedule in order to attend my classes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texas Tech University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4