Texas Tech University Employee Reviews in United States

Terrible place to work with very poor supervisors.
STUDENT SPECIALIST III (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 8, 2016
The was a terrible place to work. Had I known how terrible it would have been I would have stayed at my last job. This job is really a low paying job I found out. When my supervisor informed me that I was being over paid she immediately found every way to get rid of me. The supervisor in this department has little to no knowledge of what to do in this department. Overall this was the un-liked position I have ever had, you don't make any money here because you have to take in-part in the teachers retirement and your checks here are worse than a fast food worker. Texas Tech has all this money and cant afford to pay its employees. Overall if you are applying for the position of Student Specialist III. Trust me you aren't a specialist your the work horse so the management can spend time painting their nails, post their status on social media. Your better off working in fast food. Save your time in applying here because your coming in as entry level so everyone above you gets better personal days off, sick days off and vacation days off. Do not work in this department.
Pros
Health Benefits.
Cons
Poor Upper Supervisor management knowledge
Large University!
Lead Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 29, 2015
I would say that this university is a very diverse in employment opportunities. With as many fields of study and position classifications as this institution has, there is something for everyone.I hire students to work in our department all day and the students, staff and faculty are all very helpful and welcoming. The hardest part of my job is waiting on documents if an employee does not come to our offices with them such as, social security cards, foreign documents supporting their ability to work, etc. . The most enjoyable thing about my job is seeing how excited people are right after they are told that they have been hired. That is a wonderful moment.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Limited promotion opportunities in my department
Intense Work Environment with high expectations
Graduate part-time instructor (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 7, 2016
TTU requires a lot of its employees, granted that many of us are still graduate students with our own work to complete. This job is intensive, requiring hours of grading and preparation each week, but is entirely worth both the experience and the compensation.
Pros
Classroom/Grading Experience
Cons
Frequent Deadlines, Heavy Work Load
Production and Serious Workplace
International Senior Lead Evaluator (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 4, 2016
Working in Higher Ed is serious business. The job itself is great, but very challenging. It's not for someone who does not like to sit at his or her desk for 8, sometime 9 hours per day. Research is enjoyable. Evaluations are challenging--I learned an encyclopedia of knowledge in less than three months.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor Communication
good
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXFebruary 4, 2016
• Applied leadership skills by managing a team of 9 members.
• Completed many tasks such as providing marketing, and working with other inner company departments such as the collection department.
• Completed and submitted proposals for increasing revenue and daily sales to upper management
Evaluating college transcripts is great and challenging
Senior Evaluator (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 24, 2015
Great place to work and supportive management
Work well as a team to get the work done, sometimes there are humps to hurl but we manage as a team. Each one of us do the work different but we know at the end of the day as long as the work is done that's all that matters. My colleagues and I all have different strengths and we learn from each other. No, questions is a dumb question, ask if you don't know. The greatest thing about this job, you meet all kinds of people from over the United States and other countries.
Pros
Having outdoor outtings and events that we could all attend.
Cons
Not enough parking
An amazing isntitute for higher education.
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXDecember 11, 2015
My typical day in helping others understand lifespan human development helps me understand the material from new perspectives through current students. The most enjoyable part my duties ential is the discussions that take place in the context of a test review. The most difficult aspect to the responsibilities associated with this work would be trying to adequately present abstract concepts in a way that is conducive to student-comprehension. The professor I help teach is an amazing woman who helps when needed, and allows me to work with students in my own way. Overall, I have enjoyed the experience. The students are ready to learn and the professor has allowed for great growth both in her current students education as well as my own.
Pros
3.0 hr college credit
Cons
n/a
Excellent workplace for stable employment
Sr. Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 13, 2015
This was a very rewarding and unique experience. My co-workers are like a team and the hardest part of the job is communication with upper management. The best part is freedom at work and accountability.
Pros
professional freedom
Cons
growth opportunities
Graduate School
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  TexasMay 19, 2016
It all depends on what your focus is and who is your PI/advisor. Some who have tenure seem to be more disengaged. A lot of newer PI advisors remember what graduate school was like and are more helpful in reviewing the knowledge.
Pros
Cheap cost of living
Cons
Far away from anywhere
Good Department to work with
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 4, 2016
Since I am a Graduate Student,projects that I am getting in the work are interesting and challenging and I recently created two new applications.Managers and colleagues are very friendly
Pros
Flexible timings and decent pay
Cons
None that I noticed of

Want to know more about Texas Tech University?

Ask a question
Was able to interact with other athletes and find a common ground.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 11, 2016
Since I was tutoring other athletes it was easy to help as well as push each other through the struggles that only being a division one college athlete would experience.
Great place to work!
Graduate Academic Advisor and Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 16, 2016
Texas Tech University is a great place to work! They are family orientated and take care of their employees. I loved my job and working with the faculty, staff and students.
Excellent work culture
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 3, 2016
Excellent place for freshers to work,Got to learn ownership and learnt many new technologies.A must work place for part time
Pros
work life balance
Cons
Compensation
Good place
Medical Assistant/Temp (Current Employee) –  TexasMarch 29, 2016
Good place to work, great patient care and nice people. Working for this community is very rewarding. I am ready for a change and to expand my knowledge in a new setting.
Fun and Interesting Place to Work
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 10, 2016
Personal training crew was fun to work with! Clients were challenging, interesting and fun to be around. Working the 5:00am training schedule and motivating clients was an experience.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Advances
Very fun place to work with other students
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXDecember 26, 2015
A good place to work with other students my age part time while taking classes. The position I had is mostly unsupervised, but we were still able to complete our jobs properly and on time. Good place to learn responsibilities and communication skills as well as team work skills.
Passionate about their products
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXApril 23, 2016
The brand managers all really loved their work, and the products they were selling. A very fun and enjoyable environment.
Metadata Analyst
Metadata Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXFebruary 23, 2016
I submitted, edited, and cataloged numerous files into the Texas Tech Library system for other students to view and use.
good place to work
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  TXJanuary 26, 2016
I really enjoyed being there. They are very friendly people and I learned so much not only in my field but also in personal relationships
Highly Productive
Research Work (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 5, 2016
Wonderful campus with highly equipped laboratories and state of the art technologies. Faculty Members are well-educated and very supportive in different aspects of college life.

4.4