Texas Tech University

Texas Tech University Employer Reviews

Good Experience
Math Mentor (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXJanuary 9, 2015
They care about employees and you are encouraged to do better.
I worked as a student assistant while I was also a student.
This job helped me build a good experience working with people.
I gained good leadership skills and a lot of scholarships available.
Excellent experience
Teaching and Research Assistant (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXJanuary 9, 2015
Expected to take lead in class room experience, but receive a lot of support from senior professors.
Not bad for a graduate program
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXJanuary 6, 2015
ran a lot of western blots. very seldomly kiled my HeLa cells and when i did it was usually someone else's fault. wrote a 50 page masters thesis the end the end the end i dont know what more there is to say
Best Summer Job in College
Ideal Summer Camp Counselor (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: great times, good kids, great benfits, great pay
Cons: long day that turn to long nights, some confusion
Gained an unparalleled chance to work with a number of kids from backgrounds all around the world. Working with students all over the state, even groups from Brazil, I helped guide visiting students to classes, across campus, and in answering questions about college. The program was designed to mentor young students about college, by pairing them with counselors that have or are currently students at the university. My employment here allowed me an opportunity to counsel younger children who might not understand the importance of education for individuals in the globalized world.
I was a Student at Texas Tech University
Student (Former Employee), Lubbock, TexasDecember 30, 2014
I graduated from Texas Tech University in December 2014 with a Bachelor's of Science in Civil Engineering. I passed the Fundamentals of Engineering exam (FE) In the Spring of 2014.
Student Union and Activities- Student assistant
Student Union and Activities- Student Assistant (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXDecember 26, 2014
 Keep up with maintenance in the Student Union
 Setup rooms for various events
 Work with several university organizations and faculty minor
Productive workplace with plenty of opportunities
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXDecember 21, 2014
Tech is a very professional workplace and allows for many professional opportunities.
Great Mom Job
Business Manager/ Finance Manager (Former Employee), TXNovember 18, 2014
Pros: benefits are paid job
Cons: you have to park for parking
It is a great mom job. It is hard to learn their systems. Parking you have to pay for but they do pay for your benefits. I learned all the systems in TTU. I enjoy the people and the love for TTU.
texas tech
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee), physicsNovember 18, 2014
Good place to work but the city the school located is very boring.
great professor and environment
Student Assistant (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXOctober 20, 2014
Great professor to work with and good environment to work. Management is the core part of this job.
Productive work environment
Processor & Reporter (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXOctober 13, 2014
Great working experience in college. Helped me understand the financial side of education.
friendly good people to work with
Senior Business Assistant (Former Employee), El Paso, TXOctober 12, 2014
Pros: good work enviroment and friendly co-workers
I had to pull charts for upcoming appt for patients and make sure the clinic would get them in a timely manner, file paperwork and charts, answer phone, cover the front and deal with patients asking for copies of medical records, make sure referrels were sent. I was also the team leader of my unit.
It's really nice!
Student Managed Investment Fund Member (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXOctober 9, 2014
Texas Tech University, often referred to as Texas Tech, or TTU, is a public research university in Lubbock, Texas, United States. Established on 10 February 1923, and originally known as Texas Technological College, it is the leading institution of the Texas Tech University System and has the seventh-largest student body in the state of Texas. It is the only school in Texas to house an undergraduate institution, law school, and medical school at the same location.
Acceptable
Student Business Services (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: gave you time off to complete college activities
Cons: management
This environment was pretty much "You have to do to what you have to do." You really did not have a chance to advance up. Although people where very friendly.
Learning new things every day
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXSeptember 17, 2014
Worked under the supervision of professor, I have to learn new data analysis skills and big data stuff. This is quite challenging but I learned a lot.
rewarding Job
Unit Supervisor (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: was not afraid to talk to the boss
Cons: i had no personal life
Typical work day stayed fairly busy. I learned how to work with so many diverse people. The management had an open door policy. I loved my co-workers, the hardest part of the job was leaving. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the students.
Undergraduate researcher
Undergraduate Research student (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXAugust 30, 2014
Working with graduate students daily to construct experimentation for analysis and publication.

Given that I was an undergraduate, my work consisted mostly of microscopic analysis involving counting microorganisms, inducing sporolation and ensuring growth mediums were sterile and in ample supply.
Good training, poor pay.
Supervising Instrumentation Specialist (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXAugust 14, 2014
Pros: excellent training, good stability
Cons: poor pay
I received lots of training in instrumentation and utility plants and was regularly sent to training seminars and classes concerning the equipment I regularly worked on. I learned the basics of instrumentation and how a utilities plant operates. Management was generally knowledgeable, competent and fair. The hardest part of the job was being called out at all hours and on weekends to fix problems. I enjoyed working on the equipment and learning new things.
fun teaching environment with peers and friends
Physics Tutor (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXAugust 11, 2014
On a given day, I would spend my time between classes tutoring underclassmen on various physics topics. Depending on the day, I would share a room with 0-4 other tutors, with whom I was and still am friends. There was no pay involved, but it was rewarding to facilitate learning in the students and to hear about their improved comprehension, usually from continuously improving grades within a given class
Fun place to work!
Assistant Academic Advisor (Former Employee), Lubbock, TexasAugust 4, 2014
Working for Texas Tech is great! All of the people I meet were extremely friendly and helpful when I first started out.

1 2 3 4 5