Texas Tech University Employee Reviews

Relaxing and Unstressful Work Place
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 20, 2017
I teach students how to use the instruments for surveying, I learned how to act as a leader for a group. It is fun for me to talk with people from different countries.
Fun Exciting
Graduate Hall Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 10, 2017
Fun place to work. Huge campus with beautiful places to go. Due to large size there are some silos, but also great opportunities to get to know many people.
Productive and Fun
Accounting Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 9, 2017
I have acquired important skills as an accountant at my school. Working for my Professors was challenging but fun. Also, I had some mentors who guided throughout my time at the department.
Productive workplace
Student Liaison (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 3, 2017
Nice place to work especially for part time jobs specially as students. Works with class schedule and very flexible with time off. Also very lenient on pay.
Fun Environment
Co-Project Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 2, 2017
Being a project manager at Texas Tech was challenging yet enjoyable. The sheer amount of opportunities that come about from working on a project at the university are endless.
Great place and great co-workers
Unit Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 28, 2017
I loved the work at Tech but the Director hired a co-worker that turned on both of us and we all were asked to retire or resign. Very back deal. I had a nervous breakdown and didn't work for a year. This was an unusual situation but I believe even before the Director hired the wrong person she was weak.
Pros
Great benefits including retirement
Cons
Hard labor lifting and moving alot of props
Should use it as a starting point
Research Assistant (RA) (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 23, 2017
Friendly environment. Cheap but boring city. Average undergrad students. Average benefits. Low Taxes. Not extremely competitive. Beautiful Campus. Nice people.
Working as a Student
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 22, 2017
I was employed at Texas Tech for two years while juggling school and clubs. Management was more than understanding and always had time to discuss upcoming deadlines as well as scheduling restrictions. It was an important learning experience while I was in classes and enriched my time at Texas Tech as a whole.
Student Assistant Job at Texas Tech is Amazing
Undergrad Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 20, 2017
The work-study program at Texas Tech University is a wonderful program. The hours are built around your schedule of classes and time spent at work is usually for homework. It allows me to be productive as well as help the department.
Pros
Time for homework
Cons
No breaks
Learning environment with room to grow
Nutrition Educator, TEAMWORK (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 12, 2017
Friendly work environment filled with people who want to help you succeed. Though if you are perceived as not caring or not interested in your program you will be treated as so.
Great Student Jobs
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 7, 2017
I had no problem finding a job as a student. They worked well with my schedule and were supportive. I got to work at several events in the United Spirit Arena including sports games, concerts, conferences, and graduations. They almost always fed us and we all worked very well together.
Great experience
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 29, 2017
I went to school here
Co-researchers were very helpful and hard working
worked in the lab working on projects
Wrote reports and reported to doctoral students
Good working environment with fairly nice people and flexibility
Student Technician Desktop On-Site Support (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 20, 2017
As a student employee, we get fairly good salaries and flexibility even during school hours. Managements are easy to work with, very friendly and understanding people.
Good experience
Human Anatomy Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 16, 2017
Great experience learning how to teach peers. Great review for course material as well. Easy hours, good small job while in school. TA's easy to work with.
CLINIC ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 14, 2017
The work area was always busy and fun other staff always willing to help and go that extra mile to help in what ever needed to be taking care of in the office as will as patient care. Management was there in moments of un decision that were needing input from others. Work as a team and completed every task done as needed at the end of the day.
Go Tech
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 10, 2017
Great place to work! Large State institution rated with respect paid well decent state benefits. Would work there again definitely felt valued .........
Great work place
Student Assistant, Office of the President (Current Employee) –  TexasAugust 8, 2017
Texas Tech treats it's students and employees with the utmost respect and this made it a wonderful work environment. I was a student while working here and my supervisors were great in being flexible with my schedule.
Big University with a good music department and middle of the road art department
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 7, 2017
The administrators at this school do a good job, and the school has moved very close to becoming a national research sort of institution. I enjoyed my work assistant teaching while a PhD student, and also assisting students with technology and software in the computer labs.
Pros
Huge Campus
Cons
Huge Campus
productive
Student Manager (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 3, 2017
cross trained on different food concepts including:
grill
burrito line
salads
sandwiches
cashier
work on each food concept depending on the schedule
student manager
Great workplace
Student Liaison (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 31, 2017
I learned a lot of valuable skills here at Texas Tech University. I learned how to work with others as well as how to work in a fast-paced yet efficient work environment.