Texas Tech University

Texas Tech University Employer Reviews

Best place to work
Graduate Assistant - IT Analyst (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXMarch 3, 2014
I worked as a GA. They take care of the students very well. Always give first importance to education.
Chemistry Research Assistant
Chemistry Research Assistant (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXMarch 1, 2014
This position was to assist in botany studies. It was very helpful in my studies.
It was a good learning experience.
Research Assistant/Web-developer (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXFebruary 19, 2014
The work will be challenging sometimes, learned how to balance work and studies in a good way.
Productive and Creative Work Place
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: committed to its work
Cons: location
At Texas Tech University, I gain a lot of knowledge as well as understanding of the subjects i pursue in detail.
Great internship at Texas Tech University
Mentor/ Intern (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXFebruary 13, 2014
A typical day would be spent 50% of the time spear heading new ways to quantify data for benchmarking, the other half would be mentoring first generation college students on their collegiate and career paths.

A professional environment, not too stressful, had a down to earth atmosphere and caring with the director.

Hardest part of the job, was completely – more... developing new systems to quantify and benchmark data, something new to me.

I enjoyed developing goals and plans for scholastic progression with my peers. – less
Productive, Professional, Friendly
Lead Specialist (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: mon-fri 8-5 benefits
Loved this job more than any other job I've held. Cross training is big there, which gives you experience in other fields and always have opportunity to promote. Management is very understandable with personal issues. Would have never left Texas Tech if hadn't had to.
Great Work Environment
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), TXFebruary 3, 2014
Great place to work as a student. This place has a positive work environment that will enhance your abilities.
A comfortable environment with great employees.
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXJanuary 23, 2014
I learned what it means to be detailed about everything you do on the job. I had friendly co-workers and working with them was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Not supportive. Always stressful.
Faculty, Pharmaceutical Sciences (Former Employee), TXJanuary 15, 2014
Stressful job culture in a typical day at work. Improvements are not appreciated.
Productive and research oriented workplace
Graduate Research/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: flexibility to work during any period of the day
Cons: no fun on weekends
This job developed research and teaching capabilities in me. To work independently on assigned work. Professors and co-workers were friendly.
Research means Redo
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXJanuary 9, 2014
Paid for 20 hours but worked 60. The research was my life. I even dreamt about my work.
Teaching was great there
Lecturer, Department of Mathematics and Statistics (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXDecember 17, 2013
Teaching was great there -- but you don't earn very much as a lecturer and receive very little health insurance benefits for yourself and none for your family. Job was flexible.
Great School
Instructor (Former Employee), TXDecember 13, 2013
It was a great job but not the best location for career opportunities
Productive and Fun place
Web Developer - Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXDecember 5, 2013
It is nice amiable work environment.I started my career in HCL. Plenty of things I have learn in there including people skills.
Sr. Associate Director Career Center (Current Employee), Center, TXNovember 21, 2013
Pros: fun place to work
Very good place to work if you are interested in working with college students.
A good university
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXNovember 15, 2013
good place to study and work. Lubbock is a quiet county, and is good to live and is safe.
Good place to work while in school
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXNovember 6, 2013
The work environment was like home as I had very good relationship with my students
School with great promise and I enjoyed working there.
Senior Office Assistant/Coordinator (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXOctober 11, 2013
I still am employed at the Rawls College of Business at Texas Tech University. I was the receptionist for 15 yrs and now am a coordinator in charge of printing on the C75 press copier/printer. I also processed travel applications for the college. I enjoy learning and communicating with lots of people.
Great energy
Statistics and Business Math Tutor (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXOctober 9, 2013
Pros: food parties
they treat their employees with respect and it's fun to work on campus
Great work environment which allowed me to gain leadership experience
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXOctober 8, 2013
I was simply a student assistant who worked as the front desk receptionist at the Marsha Sharp Center for student athletes. I would answer all incoming phone calls, monitor the student athletes while they earned study hall hours, and performed all other basic duties around the office.