Texas Tech University Employee Reviews

Texas Tech
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 12, 2017
It was great working at Texas Tech University. They worked well with my schedule and always were understanding since I was a student. I loved that everyday was a new learning experience.
Working as a research intern in the field of chemical engineering
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 8, 2017
Responsibilities include performing challenging thermodynamic modeling and simulations of various electrolyte systems, energetic materials and precious metals from electronic waste.
Good Part time job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 4, 2017
I was able to easily balance my work and school schedule. Everyone is understanding that school can be unpredictable and the need to be flexible
A Student's Best Friend
Student Technician (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 4, 2017
For a Student this was the best place I could possibly work. The IT department was always willing to work with me and I have never had a more helpful employer.
Pros
The best bosses you can ask for.
Cons
The pay is a little low but it was part time so you know.
na
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXDecember 22, 2016
Perfect place to get an education. Very knowledgeable stuff members. They try their best and make sure that you have learned what they teach
Good job to have while studying
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXDecember 16, 2016
I administered the online sections of various courses, answered student emails and questions, and got to know professors and faculty better.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Awesome place for a student to work
Graduate Assistant/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  TexasDecember 14, 2016
Working within my department at Texas Tech University. My supervisors were wonderful and allowed me to have a very flexible schedule in order to attend my classes.
Great place to work.
Education Projects Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXDecember 14, 2016
Texas Tech Is a great place to work and has many opportunities for advancement. I worked there for 11 years and enjoyed it. Working there was a memorable time.
Learning Experience
WEB & CONTENT MANAGEMENT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXDecember 7, 2016
While working at the university level taught me many valuable skills for the workplace, it did not allow for the compensation and benefits that a corporate job can provide.
Fun and supportive work environment.
Intern (Current Employee) –  Texas Tech Alumni AssociationNovember 26, 2016
A day at work was never the same. I had the opportunity to interact with students and faculty university wide on a daily basis. I really enjoyed my time in this position.
Great school offers great programs
Programmer Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXNovember 17, 2016
An unbelievable place to get a perfect education.

Very knowledgeable faculty members, availability and a cool place. It has great library, Health Science center, and much more. The courses it offers offered very few other school in this state
Laboratory Tech
Graduate Research Assistant - Dr. Robert Shaw (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXNovember 6, 2016
I always felt safe in the laboratory environment and there was always support when it was needed. Very approachable staff.
Pros
safe, competent principal investigators, helpful
Cons
Older instruments used
Combination of second rate technology with lack of professionalism.
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 25, 2016
Easily threatened technical management that sees anyone with skills as a threat. Dishonest management lacks professionalism. The deans are completely backed by a powerless and useless HR department. It is a third rate environment for technical people.
Pros
None that I saw.
Cons
Dishonest and unprofessional management.
Productive and fun workplace
Student Assistant - Transition and Engagement (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 10, 2016
I most enjoyed this position because it allowed me to gain hands-on experience in a variety of areas. All of the staff is dedicated to student success and will do whatever it takes to ensure that students are able to get involved and enjoy their time at Texas Tech while preparing themselves for the real world.
Good place to start
Programmer Analyst II (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 7, 2016
Slow paced. Good pace to start with. Management is good. They look for people who can stay with the organization for a long time. They believe in building relationships for long.
I worked as a student assistant
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 29, 2016
i worked as a student assistant in TTU library in circulation department under the supervision of Ms Conni Kitten. TTU Library is a very nice to work.
good place to work and study
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 23, 2016
A good place to work and study. Multicultural environment to work. Sunny hot weather throughout the year. If you worked hard the best place to get new experiences.
Great place to learn and work at the same time
Sr. Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 10, 2016
I loved my time at Texas Tech. Typical 8-5 job but the day was so packed with helping students that the time flies so fast. Throughout my time at TTU, I was able to grow knowledge in student financial aid. Im very grateful to have worked at such a prestigious university who are always making sure their students, faculty and staff are well taken care of.
Good college town
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 7, 2016
TTU is placed at a college town and the town is very affordable. However, there are not many industries or job/internship opportunities in this city. Also, no conference or big job fair is held there.
Flexible Schedule, good work atmosphere, and rewarding job being able to help other students.
SI Leader for Financial Accounting (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 4, 2016
Texas Tech University's Supplemental Instruction program is a great place to work if you really love the subject you teach. Being a supplemental instruction leader, I attend the weekly accounting classes, and hold 2 review sessions a week for financial accounting. I create review packets for the sessions to help the students learn and follow along.
Pros
I stay current with basic accounting skills

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texas Tech University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4