TEXAS THRIFT STORE Employee Reviews

Low pay, twice the work, clueless, NO RAISES
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 19, 2017
The work you do is not worth the pay. You make minimum pay and not everyone does what they're supposed to do so you're working twice as hard. The main manager doesn't help solve any problems with the employees who don't work. Their is sales every month and it is hectic and won't leave work till 10 pm or later. Always changing rules and procedures but managers don't inform you of new rules.
Pros
Work with your schedule
Cons
Minimum wage, some employee don't do their jobs, crazy people go there.
It was okay.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXJune 5, 2017
They don't pay the worker what they are worth. they work extremely hard and push a lot of merchandise out that's why they need to be paid more than 7.25 per hour and there are no raise.
Texas Thrift
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXMarch 28, 2017
The Texas thrift store is a terrible place to work for so little pay. The manangemt literally does not do anything at all and doesn't know where anything is located in the store. The employees literally know more than the management about the store
Pros
Lunch
Cons
No overtime. No pay advances.
what i learned
Sales Clerk/Cashier/Dropper (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXMarch 17, 2017
Every job is different even if it is the same field.I have learned at this job that management are not professional talking about the personal daily life or problems did not agree with their work environment surrounding learned to keep to yourself and not to speak your mind if all management are friends or relatives.
the most enjoyable part of the job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXJanuary 14, 2017
satisfying the customer and knowing they are happy no matter the situation or circumstance, especially if the customer is mad and I'm able to calm them down and turn there frown around.
Pros
satisfied customer
Cons
unsatisfied customer
Fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 11, 2016
We're like family. Its a fun place to work because you get to play dress up on Holidays. You get to meet all sorts of people. Hardest part of the job dealing with some of the customers as like any other job dealing with customers. I think they ought to give raises once a year to bring down the high turn over.
Pros
We get free lunch when we have our Holiday sales.
Cons
Our breakroom is to small.they ought to give raises at least once a year.
Floor, warehouse
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 3, 2015
unbox, sort all kinds of things, be on the floor, pick up after people.

Everyone was nice and flexible, got along great, like a family.
great workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXJuly 14, 2014
workday included fixing clothes back onto racks, facing all the aisles, counting the register both before and after use. ensuring the restrooms were clean.
Pros
lunch break
Cons
warehouse is hot, when it rains the floor leaks water out.
Not so great.
Floater (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXApril 9, 2014
Ehh.. managment needs extreme work..
Long work hours and VERY tiring. Hardest part was putting the clothes away in a certain amount of time with litlle to no help.
Pros
fun coworkers
Cons
no benefits, low pay
Easy Job, good hours
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 25, 2013
Was a good and easy job. Needs different Managers who really care about their employees. Enjoyed traveling around to different places during the day. Liked the hours. Liked the other drivers. The only thing wrong was that when I had a special they wouldn't send someone else to help lift the heavy furniture. I really enjoyed this job.
Pros
Driving the truck
Cons

Want to know more about TEXAS THRIFT STORE?

Ask a question
Exciting workplace of Texas Thrift Store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 9, 2013
Enjoyable place to work at.I learned how to work with other employees. Management was motivating to teach.I wouldent say there's any hardest part in the job.Enjoyed putting away clothes in order.
Second hand store with lots of stuff.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXOctober 26, 2012
Receving/Stocking clean inside and outside work in cashier manage to work with forklift and Instal clothing bins.
Fun place to work at with awesome people
Sales Floor Associate/Office clerk (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXOctober 23, 2012
I worked as the Sales Floor Supervisor. I was in charge to open the store in the morning, count the deposit and make sure the floor was representable. I also did the daily computer input, answered the phone and camera reviews. I was in charge of the cashiers and floor personel, did their schedules and had input on new hires. I learned a lot during my time at Texas Thrift, handling busy days and multitask. I loved my Management and the employees at Home Office. Everyone had always and open ear and answer for my questions. My co workers were awesome and I miss everyone dearly. The hardest part of the job was to get everything in order. I kinda got thrown in the cold water, but I managed. Unfortunately I had to leave this job, because my husband got stationed in Washington.
Pros
management, environment, idea, work hours
Cons
hourly pay
Charity Company
Donation Attended (Current Employee) –  Burleson, TXMay 30, 2012
basic job for a part time job. miminal wage. Work in a hot shed with no ventaliton or restrooms or lights.