Texas Wesleyan University Employee Reviews

Diverse place to work
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 6, 2017
Work environment that allows for on the job learning and training.
I would recommend this place for any student worker looking for an internship or summer work.
Productive and fun workplace.
Library Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 18, 2017
Working as a Library Receptionist was productive and helped me built my communication and customer service skill. I was able to solve the problems students had. I did not feel the work was hard at all where as I enjoyed it more over. The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers.
Supervision
Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 2, 2017
I am an alumni. I have always dreamed of going back and working there. Once I got a job there the supervision was awful. They would talk about the students, all information is not secured like it should be. Was very disappointed in how the supervision acted and treated students and employees. I would not recommend going to work there at all little on going to school there!!!!!!
Pros
Cons
Micro management
A great place to get experience
Marketing Communications Intern (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 12, 2017
I have been a student worker for the past four semesters. This semester I work for the School of Arts and Letters in the mass communication department for an internship class. I have been able to be a part of projects that give a new level of experience for after graduation.
Good small school
Student (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 2, 2017
I enjoyed this school. Small comfortable atmosphere and you really get to know your professors. A big drawback is the lack of networking you usually get with a larger school
Pros
Small class size
Cons
Noone has heard of this school
Great place to work in higher ed.
Alumni Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 1, 2017
Great place to work, just not much room for advancement for me personally. Holiday and break time is a plus. There is always something going on on campus.
Pros
Holidays and off time
Cons
organization
awesom
Student Life Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 15, 2017
this was the best job anyone could ask for being a student and reaching out to my piers on what they wanted to do on campus as far as activities.
Great place to work and get an education.
International Programs Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 31, 2017
Great place to work and get an education. I spent four years at Texas Wesleyan University and enjoyed it very much. I had great success with my classes, the professors are great. Campus life is very active and affords many engaging opportunities for students.
Pros
Affordable tuition
Cons
No breaks
Very family oreiented workplace
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 24, 2017
Great place to work, Fast paced at times during the height of the Alumni donation season but other than that its a fun place to interact and help the young people to find themselves, learn how to function away from home for the first time, and teach them good study habits
Pros
Very small university
Cons
Very small university
Variety of duties
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXDecember 23, 2016
Enjoyed working with fabulous supervisors and management. Extremely flexible schedule in my department. Met a variety of people.
Pros
Reduced Tutition
Cons
low end of pay scale
Desk assistant job
Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 28, 2016
This job was incredibly easy and the pay is great! I never had a difficult day at work and really used a lot of the time doing homework and catching up on schoolwork.
Engaging campus and a vibrant culture
Student Life Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 22, 2015
I enjoyed all four years at Texas Wesleyan University. All the departments on campus are always creating something for the students, community, and parents.
Pros
Cons
The dinning has grown so much but the weekend staff can be a little rough.
Productive and Fun
G-Force Mentor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 6, 2015
I enjoyed working with the High school students and helping them with the application process to potential colleges. Everyday was different and always received different questions about college.
Adjunct Faculity
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 18, 2015
I was teaching Humanities for TWU in China, at the Communication University of China, Beijing. Using a Fine Arts background, I gave students a different experience, through teaching, projects and discussion, they could connect their own experiences to Humanities
Great environment where you are able to learn and meet new people.
Hall Director for University Student Housing (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 15, 2015
Presenting facilities to potential residents and parents to ensure comfort and safety.
Placing work orders to maintain facilities.
Resolving roommate issues.
Hire and manage employees.
Promote programs and events that builds a cohesive community.
Pros
Creating an environment that residents enjoy.
Cons
On call many hours.
Smaller, Smarter
Technical Records Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX 76105April 25, 2015
Texas Wesleyan University has elevated itself above other private educational competitors because of their philosophy: smaller, smarter. By embracing the smaller, smarter philosophy, Texas Wesleyan is providing more one-on-one instruction which produces analytic and constructive thinkers. I am proud to serve at Texas Wesleyan University and be apart of something special.
a good place to work
(Facilities), Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  fort worth txJanuary 9, 2015
Where i worked was very calm, no one had attitudes everyone was happy.
Feels like family
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 17, 2014
Whether you're a student or an employee, you are a part of the Wesleyan family. Wonderful people with a wonderful mission!
University
Visiting Assistant Professor, Kinesiology (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 22, 2014
Taught undergraduate courses in kinesiology.

Began building exercise physiology lab. Lab is in progress.
A part-time position that serves underpriveledged high school students.
Writing/College Prep Teacher (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 13, 2014
This is a fun job that enables me to be creative with lesson planning in English and Language Arts. I prepare Upward Bound high school students for college by teaching college vocabulary, writing, and critical reading. The program seeks to broaden students' experiences and world view by introducing them to colleges, community service, and the arts.

I teach a couple of Saturdays a month, and full time eight weeks during the summer. I enjoy working with these students that have parental support and are intrinsically motivated.
Pros
It's a joy to watch students grow with exposure to new things.
Cons
There are no cons.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texas Wesleyan University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2