Texas Wesleyan University Employee Reviews in United States

Engaging campus and a vibrant culture
Student Life Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 22, 2015
I enjoyed all four years at Texas Wesleyan University. All the departments on campus are always creating something for the students, community, and parents.
Pros
Cons
The dinning has grown so much but the weekend staff can be a little rough.
Productive and Fun
G-Force Mentor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 6, 2015
I enjoyed working with the High school students and helping them with the application process to potential colleges. Everyday was different and always received different questions about college.
Adjunct Faculity
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 18, 2015
I was teaching Humanities for TWU in China, at the Communication University of China, Beijing. Using a Fine Arts background, I gave students a different experience, through teaching, projects and discussion, they could connect their own experiences to Humanities
Great environment where you are able to learn and meet new people.
Hall Director for University Student Housing (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 15, 2015
Presenting facilities to potential residents and parents to ensure comfort and safety.
Placing work orders to maintain facilities.
Resolving roommate issues.
Hire and manage employees.
Promote programs and events that builds a cohesive community.
Pros
Creating an environment that residents enjoy.
Cons
On call many hours.
Smaller, Smarter
Technical Records Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX 76105April 25, 2015
Texas Wesleyan University has elevated itself above other private educational competitors because of their philosophy: smaller, smarter. By embracing the smaller, smarter philosophy, Texas Wesleyan is providing more one-on-one instruction which produces analytic and constructive thinkers. I am proud to serve at Texas Wesleyan University and be apart of something special.
A part-time position that serves underpriveledged high school students.
Writing/College Prep Teacher (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 13, 2014
This is a fun job that enables me to be creative with lesson planning in English and Language Arts. I prepare Upward Bound high school students for college by teaching college vocabulary, writing, and critical reading. The program seeks to broaden students' experiences and world view by introducing them to colleges, community service, and the arts.

I teach a couple of Saturdays a month, and full time eight weeks during the summer. I enjoy working with these students that have parental support and are intrinsically motivated.
Pros
it's a joy to watch students grow with exposure to new things.
Cons
there are no cons.
Great Place to work
Paid Internship (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 30, 2012
Working with students was great, learned about the workforce and how it worked from the inside. Management was great, co-works were very nice and professional. The hardest part of my job was not enough time in the day to do all of what needed to be done, and the most enjoyable part was working with the students.
Pros
sponsering different events
Cons
the pay could have been better
Good and friendly enviroment
Marketing Internship (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 27, 2012
I would come in and if he had a assignment for me to work on i would do that other wise do homework. I would answer the phone and run any errands for my boss. I did the marketing for student life projects. so I would make the flyers promoting student life events. i learned how to be successful at making flyers and promoting events. the coworkers were nice but i only had one. my boss was really nice and friendly I felt like I could talk openly with him like about fantasy football, family and etc.
Pros
flexable
Great place I love them.
Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 11, 2013
Great college people are great management is wonderful and great life style to live in.
a good place to work
(Facilities), Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  fort worth txJanuary 9, 2015
Where i worked was very calm, no one had attitudes everyone was happy.
School and Work
Vice President- Forth Worth, TX (Former Employee) –  Forth Worth, TXNovember 15, 2013
Wonderful place to work and obtain a highly regared education. Close relevance to all surronding areas
Feels like family
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 17, 2014
Whether you're a student or an employee, you are a part of the Wesleyan family. Wonderful people with a wonderful mission!
This was a temporary position
N/A (Former Employee) –  N/AApril 18, 2012
My review was from a temporary position.I trained young women to become stronger and look beyond the pain, teaching mental and physical toughness.
University
Visiting Assistant Professor, Kinesiology (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 22, 2014
Taught undergraduate courses in kinesiology.

Began building exercise physiology lab. Lab is in progress.
School Work
assistant to a department on campus (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 4, 2013
Scanned student filed onto the new computer system in order to rid the facility of paper work and private files.
Temp Service. Called in when needed.
Student-Worker - Graduate Counseling (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 18, 2013
It was more of a seasonal job geared toward customer service.

4.3