POSITION SUMMARY: This position begins as a CSR within the Underwriting department, allowing our Underwriters to perform their main functions during the storm season, while also allowing the CSRs to become trained as Associate Underwriters themselves and therefore able to move into Underwriter positions once the high call volume lessens.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The following are the usual, basic and essential functions of the position. However, this job description does not preclude the performance of other duties by the incumbent. These functions are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
- Answers telephone calls from insureds and agents
- Assists and advises agents on the telephone
- Participates in underwriting duties when not needed on the phone
- Participates in training to learn underwriting processes
- Initiates policy cancellations due to non-compliance
- Processes applications and endorsements
- Provides external customers with information via faxing or email as requested
- Assists TWIA college interns as needed
- Manages deficiency ticklers by using the automated diary system
- Participates in system testing as needed
- Obtain and evaluate all relevant information to handle product and service inquires
- Direct requests and unresolved issues to the designated resource
- Keeps records of customer interactions and transactions
- Record details of inquiries, comments, complaints, and actions taken
- Maintain databases
- Follow-up on customer interactions
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Two years of post-secondary education are required (or working toward a degree)
- Two years’ experience in a complex customer-service environment.
- Stable work history.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Call center experience
- Insurance industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Familiar with Windows-based computer applications
- Passion for providing top-notch customer service
- Desire to learn the intricacies of the underwriting processes