Texas Woman's University Employee Reviews in United States

Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXApril 18, 2016
Working with college students is always rewarding, enjoyed going to work every day.

Enjoyed mentoring and helping students through professional development or career choices.

Co-workers were always willing to help each other out as needed.
Pros
working along with college students
Cons
short days
Productive and fast-paced environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXMarch 10, 2016
I worked in the Music department theater as a temporary student assistant every winter. Coworkers are helpful, energetic and environment can be very fast-paced. Multiple daily odd jobs and janitorial duties, grunt work in general.
Pros
Occasional free snack and regular breaks
Cons
Minimum wage and sometimes 10 hour days
I enjoy helping kids plan their future
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXMarch 1, 2016
I would typically go to a school twice or three times a week and help children apply to schools and FAFSA. I really enjoy helping students do this because I like to give children an opportunity.
N/a
adjunct faculty (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXJanuary 13, 2016
Very productive work environment. Administration is effective. Students and class sizes are small. Administrators and teachers work together in a very vibrant community.
Calm environment
Graphic Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXNovember 10, 2015
Was allowed to bring in and use my own designs. The deadlines giving to me were reasonable and I was able to finish way before them.
Pros
Hours 8-5
Cons
minimum wage pay
Department of Family Sciences
RESEARCHER (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXOctober 8, 2015
The department provides Family Life education to include knowledge about family dynamics and communication; inter-relationship of the family and society; human growth and development throughout the lifespan;physiological and psychological aspects of human sexuality; money and time management of daily life; the importance and value of education for parenting; the effects of policy and legislation on families; ethical considerations in professional conduct; and knowledge of teaching and curriculum development for sensitive and personal family issues.
Fun workplace; great way to work and learn
Mathematics and Computer Science Tutor (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXOctober 6, 2015
I really enjoyed my job tutoring at the Mathematics and Computer Science Lab. We really got to work one on one with our peers to help them better gasp the material they came in for help with.
This job was challenging experience with students
Assistant Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXSeptember 24, 2015
This job was great as I got to visit with students. I was in charge of purchasing, inventory control and costing menus. I over saw the banquet department and production department.
A typical day at work
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 17, 2015
My typical day at work started around 7 a.m. and ended around 3 p.m. I would begin by reviewing my tasks from the previous day. Identify keywords to begin searching for articles regarding smoking cessation and various health related topics as assigned by the department. After lunch, I would proofread articles ready to submit to journals based on the formatting requirements of the journal. The department was always very friendly and responded positively to my corrections. In the final hour of my day, I would sit down with my supervisor and go over the budget for a $1.3 million dollar smoking cessation grant. I would work with a team on the grant via conference calls and/or in person meetings.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Health concerns
Nice place to learn new things
Student Assistant at Office of Technology (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXAugust 2, 2015
The members of staff and student are very friendly, always eager to help everyone. It has flexible hours so students can work and concentrate in school
Pros
Great interactive place
My alma mater. Enough said.
HELP DESK ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJuly 26, 2015
TWU is an amazing environment, to work and to learn. Public sector benefits are amazing. It can be difficult to get your foot in the door, but once you are there, you are there to stay.

I've known many women there who have worked their way up from administrative assistance to faculty administrator because of the professional support and easy education accessibility.
Pros
Great place to work.
Cons
Education is a must if you want new opportunities at the university.
Very fun and challenging work environment
Orientation Leader (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXJuly 4, 2015
This job was full of long days, but was worth while. It challenged me to grow personally and professionally, I also formed priceless relationships along the way.
Pros
Free lunch, Free Living, Great management, Friendly Coworkers
Cons
Low pay
Twu
Grants Manager (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJune 18, 2015
This is a fantastic place to work! The environment is very warm, the faculty and staff are so easy to work with. The management is hands down one, if not the best, I've ever had the opportunity to work with. Everyone's opinion and ideas are valued and rewarded. The students are great to interact with. There is always something going on at the campus that everyone can participate in. There's also a post office on campus as well as a food court for easy convenience. They also offer and exercise program for their employees. Only downfall, is the parking.
Flexible Schedule
Head Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denton TXJune 14, 2015
Basic office procedures.
Allowed to complete personal tasks when work is complete
The hardest part of the job was working with some clients that were homicidal or suicidal
Teacher training affiliate
Resource Room Manager Child Development Center (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXMay 18, 2015
As a Resource Room Manager I reveled in the opportunity to keep al of classrooms well supplied. I delivered responsible support to class rooms teachers as a supply officer, liaison and floating substitute.
Great place to work...
Communication Officer (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXMay 6, 2015
Great people, great hours, great benefits. Very nice professional atmosphere. Nice campus, too. Very well maintained. Two Thumbs Up!
Fun Workplace
Graduate Assistant Coach (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXApril 28, 2015
- 8-5, 5 days a week during the off-season
- longer hours and weekends during the season
- hardest part of the job: long hours during the season
- I learned how to manage different personalities
Teaching Assistant- Work Study
Teaching Assistant- Work Study (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXApril 7, 2015
Excellent school and wonderful opportunity. Pay was low because the position was a Federal Work Study. The position allowed me to learn to operate in a University environment under the supervision of an experienced mentor.
Pros
Learning under the supervision of an excellent mentor
Cons
Work study pay was minimum wage
Lovely job, with great people
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXApril 2, 2015
Its a great part time job for a student in school. I love that it gives me an opportunity to connect with the faculty and staff more.
Nice working environment
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJanuary 18, 2015
Good place to work with. The management are very nice ... I will recommend anyone to work there.

4.5