Texas Woman's University Employee Reviews

A great place to work (unless you are unlucky)
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denton, TexasJuly 14, 2016
By and large, TWU is a great place to work, but that greatness does depend on the department you are in, who your colleagues are, and most importantly, who your supervisor is. Having bad luck can make your employment experience a bad one, but having good luck can make you want to never leave. The current chancellor and president is a fantastic leader and TWU will thrive and prosper under her leadership.
Pros
Great benefits and working environment (see below)
Cons
Salaries are somewhat on the low end of the scale, depending on your title.
Great place
Admissions Coordinator/Academic Adviser/ Evaluator (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXDecember 1, 2016
Outstanding students wanting to enrich their lives and cultures at this State of Texas supported school. Many are surprised that it is a public school, not just a school for women, men graduate from here as well.
Great environment to teach.
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXJanuary 10, 2017
The schedule is flexible here and the co-workers are great. They are extremely helpful and caring. The hardest part of the job is not knowing if there will be classes for you to teach from semester to semester.
Enjoyed my time here.
Student Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXNovember 15, 2016
The best thing about this university is the student by far- they are amazing! So much diversity. Many employees are 100% behind the students and make it a nice place to work when you have the right kind of co-workers in place. The best Chancellor I have seen lead a university!
An engaging workplace with a "family" type environment.
Assistant to the Provost and VPAA (Former Employee) –  Administrative Conference Tower (ACT) 12th floorJune 26, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Texas Woman's University! The typical day would many times not be typical. Working in a fast-paced environment with all levels of management, faculty and staff, I was able to solve problems and reach deadlines while assisting others with their needs. The comradery between staff, faculty and administration was fabulous. I was constantly learning, was involved in many campus activities, committees, and groups and was very well respected by my colleagues. My manager, the Provost, was an excellent individual to work with. He allowed me to grow as a professional. Fiscal and project management are just two areas he trusted me with and encouraged me to attend classes and seminars to further my education. My co-workers were all excellent to work with as well. The hardest part of my job was meeting multiple simultaneous deadlines, but we always worked together as a team to accomplish goals and meet deadlines.
Pros
Flexibility, self-supervised, high expectations by my manager.
Cons
Working through lunch at times, low pay for job duties
Great Place to Work
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 21, 2017
Very friendly atmosphere and super flexible. You won't regret working here. The workload can be crazy, but rewarding. You are in control of the work environment.
Great learning environment
Graduate Teacher of record - Basic Drawing (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXOctober 27, 2016
This company is a wonderful place to expand your horizons and work towards future goals, with supportive staff and encouraging environment it is a great place indeed.
Prestigious school
FNP Student (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 24, 2016
Texas Woman's University with its three campus, has served Texas for over a 100 years and its graduates have served the country in many positions. Class schedules and programs are flexible and suits the students who work.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
N/A
Wonderful Experience
Graduate Teaching Assistant and Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXSeptember 20, 2016
My time at TWU was a great experience. Both my time as a student and as a Graduate Teaching Assistant/Adjunct Professor were gratifying. The faculty, staff, and students were amazing.
My alma mater. Enough said.
HELP DESK ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJuly 26, 2015
TWU is an amazing environment, to work and to learn. Public sector benefits are amazing. It can be difficult to get your foot in the door, but once you are there, you are there to stay.

I've known many women there who have worked their way up from administrative assistance to faculty administrator because of the professional support and easy education accessibility.
Pros
Great place to work.
Cons
Education is a must if you want new opportunities at the university.
Overall a good place to work
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJune 19, 2013
Day would begin cleaning offices then to classrooms which included taking out garbage, cleaning floor/buffing, cleaning out custodial closet, cleaning equipment of machines being used, dusting. I learned how to handly cleaning equipment and working in a team and sometimes on my own. The most difficult time was working with now air conditioning which was turned off when classes were not in session. The thing I enjoyed the most were the hours that I worked and the benefits.
Fun workplace with exceptionally skilled individuals
Assistant Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJune 9, 2013
work with amazing colleagues that allow you to be yourself and build lasting relationships
Pros
friendly environment, flexible working hours, excellent benefits, travel expenses covered
Cons
long hours, little pay, and no room for advancment
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXApril 18, 2016
Working with college students is always rewarding, enjoyed going to work every day.

Enjoyed mentoring and helping students through professional development or career choices.

Co-workers were always willing to help each other out as needed.
Pros
working along with college students
Cons
short days
cool place
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJuly 5, 2016
it was cool for student that is in need of job while in school and earning a degree..flexible with hours...people you work with was pretty cool
Great place to work...
Communication Officer (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXMay 6, 2015
Great people, great hours, great benefits. Very nice professional atmosphere. Nice campus, too. Very well maintained. Two Thumbs Up!
Good atmosphere to work in
Science Learning Resource Center Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXApril 22, 2016
It is an excellent place to work. Excellent people that work as a team. The faculty and staff in the Chemistry and Biochemistry department are willing to go above and beyond to ensure a happy work environment.
Productive and fast-paced environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXMarch 10, 2016
I worked in the Music department theater as a temporary student assistant every winter. Coworkers are helpful, energetic and environment can be very fast-paced. Multiple daily odd jobs and janitorial duties, grunt work in general.
Pros
Occasional free snack and regular breaks
Cons
Minimum wage and sometimes 10 hour days
Department of Family Sciences
RESEARCHER (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXOctober 8, 2015
The department provides Family Life education to include knowledge about family dynamics and communication; inter-relationship of the family and society; human growth and development throughout the lifespan;physiological and psychological aspects of human sexuality; money and time management of daily life; the importance and value of education for parenting; the effects of policy and legislation on families; ethical considerations in professional conduct; and knowledge of teaching and curriculum development for sensitive and personal family issues.
A typical day at work
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 17, 2015
My typical day at work started around 7 a.m. and ended around 3 p.m. I would begin by reviewing my tasks from the previous day. Identify keywords to begin searching for articles regarding smoking cessation and various health related topics as assigned by the department. After lunch, I would proofread articles ready to submit to journals based on the formatting requirements of the journal. The department was always very friendly and responded positively to my corrections. In the final hour of my day, I would sit down with my supervisor and go over the budget for a $1.3 million dollar smoking cessation grant. I would work with a team on the grant via conference calls and/or in person meetings.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Health concerns
I enjoy helping kids plan their future
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXMarch 1, 2016
I would typically go to a school twice or three times a week and help children apply to schools and FAFSA. I really enjoy helping students do this because I like to give children an opportunity.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texas Woman's University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6