Texas Woman's University

Texas Woman's University Employer Reviews

very educational
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Denton, TXApril 21, 2014
I loved working with the students and professors. I learned a lot about customer service.
Excellent environment and people
Assistant to the Chair (Current Employee), Denton, TXApril 16, 2014
As department administrative assistant a typical workday includes student and faculty interaction and professional protocol is always required. Daily operations include interaction with various department administrators, deans, directors, buyers, other administrative personnel. Management and co-workers alike are intelligent and varied, and a great – more... joy to work with daily. The hardest part of this job is having to seek more lucrative employment to supplement my income. The most enjoyable part of the job is interaction with students. – less
College Work Study Program
Faculty Senate Student Work Study (Former Employee), Denton, TXMarch 13, 2014
This was a student work study program. It was a part of the financial aid.
Easy going coworkers
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Denton, TXFebruary 7, 2014
Lot to learn from your coworkers, flexible hours. However, I only worked there part time as a Student worker.
Great graduate level classes
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Denton, TXJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: individual attention
Cons: long commute
TWU was small enough to ensure individual attention but large enough to find your own path.
Helping students fulfill their education
Admissions Coordinator /Academic Adviser/Evaluator (Former Employee), Denton, TXJanuary 14, 2014
A typical day at work is academically advising students on course work needed for their particular studies.
enjoying working
Guard 2 (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 8, 2014
Enjoyed working at Texas Womans University Though my pervious work experience, I have gained the skills and the knowledge needed to be an asset to any company. I am also accustomed to a fast paced structured environment. I understand the importance of providing quality customer service to clients as well as other members of staff.
"Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work."
Graduate Student Assistant (Current Employee), Denton, TXNovember 12, 2013
I completely agree with the above statement. I experience great satisfaction and delight when doing my job, whether it is providing physical therapy to my patients or undergoing a research project.

I am a team player with a reputation for excellent communication skills but I can thrive in both independent and collaborative work environment.

Hard work – more... is what I believe in!

Dedicated to the even the smallest thing/work I do.

Internship related experience: I was responsible for the rehabilitation of a thoracic nerve palsy patient with grade 3 scapular winging. With 2 weeks of therapy, the patient showed remarkable improvement in shoulder girdle biomechanics and his planned surgery for muscle transfer was put on hold. It was for sure one of the proud moments for me. I was further encouraged by the recognition and appraisal from the respective surgeons.

I alwlays look foward to work in a challenging environment where I can utilize my rehabilitation and research skills to the fullest.

Future interests: Publish my graduate research paper, present the research to various professional meetings, be a part of research projects when possible, involve in sport rehabilitation and finally work as a succesful physical therapist/biomechanist/rehabilitation specialist. – less
not a job-nursing school
Nursing School (Former Employee), DentonNovember 6, 2013
Pros: expensive parking
great school with high pass rate for nclex
promotes continuing education
learned how to be a great nurse
African Dance classes
Dance Accompanist (Former Employee), Denton, TXSeptember 17, 2013
Musical styles of Africa. Learning environment and a new experience daily.
Great Experience
Student of Physical Therapy (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: free exercise equipment
Cons: cafeteria closed early
Great experience and training.
Daily classes from 8 am to 5 pm which includes labs at the end of the day.
Hardest part is staying focused during back to back lectures.
Most enjoyable part was getting to visit clinics for half a day and applying what is learned from lectures.
Research Associate
Undergraduate Laboratory Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), DentonJuly 14, 2013
Confidential project for FDA and NSF. This was a collegiate environment and was very laid back but very serious research with highly intelligent individuals.
Fun workplace
Recreation Leader (Former Employee), DentonJuly 9, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Learning and creating a educational and healthy environment for the children.
Overall a good place to work
Custodian (Former Employee), Denton, TXJune 19, 2013
Day would begin cleaning offices then to classrooms which included taking out garbage, cleaning floor/buffing, cleaning out custodial closet, cleaning equipment of machines being used, dusting. I learned how to handly cleaning equipment and working in a team and sometimes on my own. The most difficult time was working with now air conditioning which – more... was turned off when classes were not in session. The thing I enjoyed the most were the hours that I worked and the benefits. – less
Fun workplace with exceptionally skilled individuals
Assistant Athletic Trainer (Former Employee), Denton, TXJune 9, 2013
Pros: friendly environment, flexible working hours, excellent benefits, travel expenses covered
Cons: long hours, little pay, and no room for advancment
work with amazing colleagues that allow you to be yourself and build lasting relationships
Resident Assistant
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Denton, TexasMay 28, 2013
Pros: free room and board, helping others
Cons: being on call
Along with caring for the residents in dorms, or in apartments, I threw three events per month. I would also work at the front desk and help with any residential needs. Often times I would pair with new RA's and allow them to shadow me for better understanding of the job.
University Environment
Student Nurse (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 23, 2013
Pros: new building for nursing students
Cons: noisy library
Great learning environment and friendly staff! I loved being a student at this school. Gave me the confidence and skills needed as a new nurse.
Stable work place for Administrative Assistants
Registrar's Office Assistant (Former Employee), Denton, TXMay 1, 2013
Pros: free lunch, relaxing atmosphere.
Cons: not staying busy, too much down time.
A typical work day is answering phones, helping college students, process university documents, and operate university data base. I've learned to have patience and remain calm under pressure when dealing with difficult students/customers. I've learned the proper phone etiquette and multi-taking. Management has been great to work for. Supervisors are – more... always available to help their employees and show their appreciation to their staff. My co-workers have been the best group of people I've worked with. We are a great team and share our outgoing personalities. The hardest part of the job is not staying busy. We usually have several moments when we are not busy. The most enjoyable part of the job is my cow-workers and sharing a few laughs. – less
Intern-Social Media Marketing Specialist
Intern-Social Media Marketing Specialist (Former Employee), Denton, TXApril 19, 2013
- Coordination of a variety of media and develop good working relationships with a large and diverse group of reporters, analyst and other social media influencers.
- Keep comprehensive database of media outlets and draft content to pitch to key media about product announcements, thought leadership pieces, etc...
- Assist with producing content for – more... our newsletters, e-mail blasts, and company blogs
- Updates content on multiple websites and provides recommendations to assist in driving qualified traffic and leads
- Provides direction to Web development team on functionality enhancement requests
- Coordinates with external vendors on the set-up and maintenance of local search engine marketing campaigns
- Uses analytics tools to review the performance of websites, paid search campaigns, online newsletters, e-mail campaigns, and other online activities
- Works with the Web development team in order to create media codes, vanity URLs, and other media tracking elements – less
Great job while in graduate school
Librarian Assistant/Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Denton, TXFebruary 17, 2013
Pros: great learning experience
I worked 20 hours a week in the cataloging department of the library. This job gave me an insight to what being a librarian. The atmosphere was great. Everyone in the department had their job, but were willing to help you when you needed it. The hardest part of the job was learning the job.

About Texas Woman's University

With more than 13,000 alumni and more than 2,500 undergraduate and graduate students in Denton, Dallas and Houston, TWU has the – Read more