TEXOMA MEDICAL CENTER Employee Reviews

Typical day at the ER
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Denison, TXJune 7, 2015
Pros: Excellent team work, great director, great nurse manager, great nurses, excellent physcians.
Cons: Being unable to even take a drink of water/restroom break for 6-8 hours at a time on some shifts, increasing patient volume with insufficient beds/rooms was also an issue on some shifts.
Typical day of work at Texoma Medical Center ER started at 1pm (I worked 1pm-1am). First, obtain report, make first rounds on patients. If no patients are currently present in my assigned rooms, make sure rooms are stocked for next upcoming patient. In the emergency room I was able to solidify basic nursing skills, more importantly I learned to think swiftly but cautiously in my assessment skills whenever a patient first arrives at the hospital. Time management is definitely a challenge in the emergency room due to never knowing what is going to come in through the ambulance bay or walk in the lobby doors. I have excellent coworkers, working as a new graduate in the emergency room; I was able to learn a great deal on time management and critical thinking from some of the smartest nurses and physicians around, some of these nurses being my previous instructors in nursing school. The hardest part of my job would be not being able to take bathroom breaks, drink water, or eat as frequently as I should due to the difficulty of finding momentary relief. This in turn leads to mental/physical fatigue which in turn can affect nursing efficiency. There are definitely those shifts where the emergency room is so busy that I would not be able to at least obtain a drink water for 6-8 hours at a time, but when you have sick patients, their needs always come first. Sometimes you just have to speak up and let your charge nurse know and they will do their best to relieve you, even if it's just for 5 minutes. The most enjoyable part of my job, was knowing that I was able to make a difference in a patient's care, and also providing patient teaching in a way that empowered patients to become more in control of their health.
Nice Hospital. Busy Heart team
Night Shift Lead Therapist (Former Employee), Denison, TXJune 5, 2015
Pros: Lets you use your skills
Cons: can be alittle busy
I would consider this one of the better hospitals that I worked at. The workload can be a little busy but it is doable. Busy heart team. Recent changes in management so I can't comment on that. Otherwise good place to work
Good environment, but many hours have been cut with not a ton of pay
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee), Sherman, TXApril 7, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: Fairly low pay for all the work that is done, also communication about certain rules are not very good I don't feel like
It's an enjoyable job for the most part. My job here at the Behavioral Health Center is to monitor every patient on my assigned unit to make sure they stay safe by making rounds every 15 minutes to ensure that I know where every patient is at all times. I have learned a lot, such as taking vital signs, entering in computer paperwork, as well as responsibility. However, management and seems scattered a lot, in terms of the rules. It seems like everyone comes up with different rules, making it difficult to know what can and can't be done at times. Some co-workers are very helpful, whereas others, not so much. The hardest part of the job is when there is a full unit, making it difficult to learn all the names and keeping track of everyone at first.
I interned with TMC
Medical Assistant Internship (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TxMarch 31, 2015
I was a little unimpressed by the overall work environment. Things seemed to be a little disorganized and slightly mismanaged.
Register ER patients
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee), Denison, TXFebruary 17, 2015
Register ER patients as they are being triage for treatment. Verify insurance information. Admit In patients if needed. Follow up on any accident information.
A positive learning experience
Staff RN (Former Employee), Denison, TXFebruary 9, 2015
While my work experience at TMC was brief, the preceptorship program was challenging and education. Management was easy to work with and encouraged personal growth.
Great teamwork. Wish I could go back and work there again.
Medical Surgical nurse for Renal/Oncology floor- (Former Employee), Denison, TXJanuary 25, 2015
Fantastic hospital, fantastic employees. Close group. We worked hard and I learned so very much in all aspects of nursing. Management was wonderful. Coworkers were great. Hardest part of the job was the long hours, Most enjoyable part of the job was the friendships we developed.
job duites
floor tech-evs (Current Employee), Denison, TXJanuary 14, 2015
dust mop, scrub, buff hallways, remove trash/ dirty linen and bio from soiled utility rooms. mop up spills as needed
job duites
floor tech-evs (Current Employee), Denison, TXJanuary 14, 2015
Everyone was in their own area data entry all day
Patient Accounts Coordinator II (Former Employee), Denison, TXDecember 29, 2014
Pros: very busy and good benifits
Cons: no interacting
Enter payments and adjustments received from various insurance companies for patients. Reconciliation and reports on each batch received from the insurance companies. I learned how important is it to review your EOB'S (Explanation of Benefits) from your own insurance companies on how there are so many adjustments that are overlooked by the insurance companies. Job was not very hard it was repetitive, but I always enjoy learning.
fast paced
Staff CT Technologist (Former Employee), Denison, TXOctober 28, 2014
Pros: great hours
Good place to work with crosstraining provided. Several shifts available and good benefits.
Loved the patients
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Denison, TXOctober 10, 2014
Pros: pay and dealing with patients
Cons: management
Extremely difficult to work with recovery management. Lots of favoritism to certain nurses while other nurses being treated poorly.
Productive accounts receivable
Patient Accounts Coordinator II (Former Employee), Denison, TXAugust 21, 2014
Pros: good team work
Cons: insurance too expensive
Entered payments and adjustments on patients accounts from insurance companies per EOB's. Reconcile reports to confirm payments entered balanced. I learned how a person can really save on what they owe on their bill by knowing what the insurance co is suppose to adjust and pay. The management was very professional, we had weekly meetings which made things productive. I can't think of anything hard to deal with at this job, but I did enjoy being busy.
Clerical/Customer Service ,Clerical/Data Entry (Former Employee), Denison, TXAugust 20, 2014
Pros: productivity, team work, and could be fun
Cons: healthcare benefits, pay, management
Typical day was to go in and get started on your job. Most of my Co-Workers were Great to work with. I Learned so much in the physician's side of Submitting claims and Reviewing Claims. The hardest side of my job was having to call Patients and asking for money. The other hardest part was getting claims resolved with some insurance companies when additional information was being requested from the members. I Loved working there when I started out we had a Great supervisor. When there was a change The New Supervisor came in with a vengence to get rid of everyone that was there and hire only people from her church.Never mind they didn't know what they were doing,when she hired them. Otherwise, It was a good place to work.
Enjoyed the challenges of accuracy in health care billing.
Business Services Auditor (Former Employee), Denison, TXJuly 7, 2014
My first area to work in the business office was to review collection status on accounts and determine if it was accurate or not, according to guidelines, correcting when necessary. Soon, I was promoted to a position in billing that included contacting insurance companies to verify insurance coverage and benefits and documenting that on the patient accounts. After that, I was promoted to a position as patient accounts auditor where I learned about usual and customary charges, interacting with other departments. I was given the task of being the sole auditor contact for SANE accounts and was very proud of my work with that. Seeing several areas of the business office and how they function was interesting. Met some nice people, befriended several and continue that friendship now.
Good and friendly place
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Denison, TXJune 27, 2014
The people were great to work with. Friendly and clean environment. I would go into work and start by stocking up a cart to restock the fridges in the nurses stations on each floor. Afterwards I would go to one of the few positions on the tray line and help put together specific meals for all the patients who requested food. Later we would take back all the trays and dishes to wash and put away. Then we would all clean the whole kitchen to sanitary standards.
good place to work
Medical Insurance Billing & Collections (Former Employee), Denison, TXFebruary 18, 2014
I held several jobs the 12 years I was with TMC.
I worked QA, reviewing the claims
I worked billing and I worked collections
Ok Place to work
PHYSICIAN BILLING, TEAM LEAD (Current Employee), Denison, TXNovember 12, 2013
Some of management team are not very good managers!! So of managers do not know how to be team players. Poor when it comes to raisers. Very suspect place to work in some departments.
fun
cna (Former Employee), Denison, TXSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: n/a
cleaning, making sure meds are taken, assisting with showers, and basic skills for home
Small town hospital
Radiation Therapist (Former Employee), Denison, TXJuly 17, 2013
Enjoyed working with physicians and other staff members and getting to know my patients.