TEXOMA MEDICAL CENTER Employee Reviews

great workplace
RN in Women and Childrens unit (Current Employee) –  Denison, TX 75020December 12, 2017
tmc was a great place to work. I enjoyed my employment there. very fast paced with great co workers. very clean hospital. it was always very busy and a fun time place to work
Pros
short drive
Cons
no breaks
My co-workers and I worked as a Team
telemetry technician (Former Employee) –  Bonham, TXDecember 11, 2017
I enjoyed working at TMC Hospital of Bonham , I had some of the best co-workers , we had days where we were so busy but with the team I had we always manage to accomplish our goals .
The hardest part of my job was trying to watch the telemetry and do ward Clerk at the same time and hoping I didn't miss anything on the Telemetry rhythms . Just recently the Ward Clerk and Telemetry jobs had been combined as one job ,
I enjoyed working with people and always wanting to comfort them in a stressful time of their loved ones being sick .
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Denison, TX 75020November 30, 2017
Very good place to work as a team member of the team. New hospital, New and latest equipments, efficient health care providers. Best place to get a well round experience as a Respiratory Therapist.
n/a
LVN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Denison, TXNovember 29, 2017
worked for texoma medical center for 12 years. I Loved working there until we built a new hospital and got bought by UHS and became a for profit hospital. I felt that it became a very hostile work environment. I never felt that management backed me as a nurse.
Great place to advance
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Denison, TXOctober 18, 2017
Its just like a big family. The pay is fair. You can pick your own hours and the shifts you want. It provides discounts on foo and the food is GREAT. Try it
Love the job, but managment was not good
Emergency Room Tech/Triage Tech (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXOctober 2, 2017
Taking care of patients was never the goal for here...I was more of a cliche and patients were never put first..........................................................
great opportunity for advancement
Staff Nurse, RN (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXSeptember 27, 2017
My time at this company taught me PACU skills, ICU and CV skills, and in the last 10 years I was able to develop policies and help patients understand their potential surgeries and procedures
Pros
good benefits
I really enjoy my job.
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Denison, TXSeptember 23, 2017
I do enjoy working for TMC. The benefits are great, and I have an amazing supervisor. I don't know of a place with better benefits and a nicer staff. I would definitely like to grow with this company.
Pros
Healthcare/Benefits
Cons
Pay for my position.
Excellent hospital
Director Cardiovascular Services / Neurophysiology (Current Employee) –  Denison, TXSeptember 18, 2017
Excellent hospital and benefits. Good management team, excellent staff. The hospital is continuing to expand and grow and will benefit our patients in our community.
Benefits
Cons
Extremely busy which is a pro and a con
High stress enviornment
ICU RN (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXSeptember 17, 2017
High turn over rate, difficulty with staff getting along and working together as a team. Administrative training would be a positive, needs better personable skills.
Encouraging and learning work environment.
Unit Clerk/Unit Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denison, TXSeptember 7, 2017
I love my job. Working with patients in all aspects makes me feel complete. I mostly Unit Clerk and I enjoy just being in the atmosphere. I also aide from time to time and I love being around the patients and making a difference in their life.
Excellent
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Denison, TXAugust 31, 2017
Excellent employer. Teamwork is good. Good benefits. Respectful environment. Pride in community. Expansion progressing. Pleasant physical plant. Friendly management and staff.
Family oriented atmosphere
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Denison, TXAugust 27, 2017
Great place to work. They give students incentive to stay by paying for their school. It is what you make it. Patient care is of utmost importance and it shows. Its a great place to work!
Pros
Gym membership food discount make your own schedule
Cons
Pay is less than many other places
Registering patients in the ER accuratley and quickly to give the patient fast accurate care.
Admission Counselor (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXAugust 15, 2017
ER Registration is done room to room so the patient has less of a wait time and privacy in their own room. I have learned customer service skills, insurance eligibility/verification, working in a fast paced environment,and learned new skills so I am able to train new-hires. Every employee is detail oriented and works at a quick pace to accurately diagnose and treat patients. Management is very friendly and easy to get along with. Their doors are always open for questions. The hardest part of the job is keep up with insurance policy which is always changing, and how to accurately bill so the claim is not sent back. The most enjoyable part of my job is to work with the community, and my co-workers.
Pros
Wonderfull supervisors/managment
Cons
We are open 24/7 so holidays and overnights are a must
Where I got my Roots as an OR Nurse
Charge Nurse, RN Operating Room (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXAugust 11, 2017
Invaluable experience. Learned all aspects of OR nursing and becoming a First Assistant. Friendly environment and physicians were willing to teach the staff. Memories that lasted a lifetime
Pros
Oppertunities
Awful place to work
Registered Nurse- Critical Care Step-down (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXAugust 4, 2017
Lowest standards for nursing care that I've ever seen. This place is stuck in the stone ages, and very set in their ways. Nurses, do yourself a favor and avoid this place at all costs.
It was adiquit
Faculties management coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXJune 20, 2017
I wanted more room to grow in the company. I am highly motivated and have a lot of ambition. I want a company that I can advance in and go with. I want to become part of a team.
Opportunity to provide care with a great group of colleagues.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Denison, TXJune 19, 2017
This has been a great place to develop skills and grow as a nurse with a wonderful team of compassionate, professional healthcare providers. Standards are high and there is opportunity to grow and advance.
Pros
Wonderful team effort among the different areas. Supervisor is second to none.
Cons
We are growing rapidly and need more room. Currently the facility is expanding.
When private hospital, very rewarding positive environment
Recreational Therapist/ Registered (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXJune 15, 2017
Provided activities/music therapy for skilled nursing unit. Volunteer for long term care unit across the hall.

I got a good education in medications for senior, medical conditions (CHF, COPD, DM etc.).

Management was very supportive.

Singing during wound care to distract patient from pain.

Assisting someone through music therapy to improve communication, mood, socialization etc.
Pros
Flexable schedule
Cons
Feast or Famine with census at times
Productive and friendly workplace
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXMay 17, 2017
A great small town hospital environment, easy to work with employees and management. My time was spent in all areas of the laboratory but some employees stay in one area. A great place for first time medical employment.