TEXOMA MEDICAL CENTER Employee Reviews

Excellent benefits
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXFebruary 1, 2017
I loved working at Texoma Medical Center. Great staff , loving caring people, perfect teachers. Salary was very good, bonues were very good. The staff was fully trained, everyone was in coordination with each other.
Cons
distance to travel, schedule
I love my job duties.
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Sherman, TXFebruary 14, 2017
Texoma Medical Center is a great place to work. I actually work for a subsidiary company that owns Texoma Medical Center called IPM. The management here has taken some hits in the 2 1/2 years I have been here so it is a little tough. Now they are closing so job security wasn't so great.
Pros
Love co-workers
Cons
Management has been through some trials.
Quality in patient care with extreme future growth
MLT (ASCP) LabTech and Microbiology Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Denison, TXDecember 6, 2016
Typical work day is 8 plus hours
management needs reconstruction for the lab
hard working co-workers
finding time to get off bench is the hardest part of my job
Microbiology is the most enjoyable on a daily basis
Flexibility
Unit assistant (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXDecember 9, 2016
Management was very flexible with my life and the coworkers were like a family. I never had any issues with the hospital and found their reliability on us and for us to be the best.
Pros
Free goodies and the sense of purpose helping others
Cons
Pay
Central Billing Office is a terrible!
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXSeptember 14, 2016
The director of the CBO is a very unthoughtful and overall a rude person-who should not be employed due to how she treats her employees! Management is "run" by her, and wld even kiss her feet when she tells them too. The job itself is a good job, but management is terrible!
Pros
None!
Cons
Controlled management-puppets
Upbeat and fast paced work environment I enjoyed with the chance to learn new skills on the job
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXJanuary 4, 2017
Upbeat and fast paced work environments that i enjoyed along with the fact that all my co-workers where very helpful and educated. All charge nurses on all floors where the same way.
first job
Host (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 16, 2016
busy and slow moments I learned how to be more organized management was less than average was doing inventory for the hospital floors 2-5
Pros
easy work
Cons
great atmosphere
Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXAugust 29, 2016
Horrible place to work. Corrupt from top to bottom. Bullying allowed and HR just turns a blind eye. Apparently it's not a hostile environment if that's just the way that person has always acted.
Pros
Nice hospital
Cons
Corrupt management, favortism, horrible work environment
Great starter up phlebotomy job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXDecember 28, 2015
TMC is a good place to start as a phlebotomist. You will learn how to draw effectively and efficiently. It will be difficult and a lot will be placed on your shoulders.
If you put in at least 6 months you can find a job anywhere else as a phlebotomist.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Hard environment
Director is a dictator and very hateful.
CBO Employee (Current Employee) –  Sherman, TXAugust 15, 2016
Love everything about the job and place except the director. She is the absolute worst leader I've ever had. Would be perfect if not for her.
Pros
Good insurance. Good management, except director, good equipment to work with. Good hours.
Cons
Extremely poor director.
Good environment, but many hours have been cut with not a ton of pay
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Sherman, TXApril 7, 2015
It's an enjoyable job for the most part. My job here at the Behavioral Health Center is to monitor every patient on my assigned unit to make sure they stay safe by making rounds every 15 minutes to ensure that I know where every patient is at all times. I have learned a lot, such as taking vital signs, entering in computer paperwork, as well as responsibility. However, management and seems scattered a lot, in terms of the rules. It seems like everyone comes up with different rules, making it difficult to know what can and can't be done at times. Some co-workers are very helpful, whereas others, not so much. The hardest part of the job is when there is a full unit, making it difficult to learn all the names and keeping track of everyone at first.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Fairly low pay for all the work that is done, also communication about certain rules are not very good I don't feel like
equipment
Oncology Nurse (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXDecember 6, 2016
This hospital has the most up to date equipment. There are great physicians in this hospital. The rooms are nice. Coworkers are nice to work with.
Pros
new
Cons
poor leadership
Clerical/Customer Service ,Clerical/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXAugust 20, 2014
Typical day was to go in and get started on your job. Most of my Co-Workers were Great to work with. I Learned so much in the physician's side of Submitting claims and Reviewing Claims. The hardest side of my job was having to call Patients and asking for money. The other hardest part was getting claims resolved with some insurance companies when additional information was being requested from the members. I Loved working there when I started out we had a Great supervisor. When there was a change The New Supervisor came in with a vengence to get rid of everyone that was there and hire only people from her church.Never mind they didn't know what they were doing,when she hired them. Otherwise, It was a good place to work.
Pros
Productivity, Team Work, and could be fun
Cons
healthcare benefits, pay, management
Enjoyed the challenges of accuracy in health care billing.
Business Services Auditor (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXJuly 7, 2014
My first area to work in the business office was to review collection status on accounts and determine if it was accurate or not, according to guidelines, correcting when necessary. Soon, I was promoted to a position in billing that included contacting insurance companies to verify insurance coverage and benefits and documenting that on the patient accounts. After that, I was promoted to a position as patient accounts auditor where I learned about usual and customary charges, interacting with other departments. I was given the task of being the sole auditor contact for SANE accounts and was very proud of my work with that. Seeing several areas of the business office and how they function was interesting. Met some nice people, befriended several and continue that friendship now.
Excellent place to work
Registered Nurse- Emergency Room (Current Employee) –  Denison, TXNovember 4, 2015
Very positive place to work. Very Busy and educational. Provide excellent care to patients. Great Benefits. Provided quick emergency room care.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
long drive to work
Everyone was in their own area data entry all day
Patient Accounts Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXDecember 29, 2014
Enter payments and adjustments received from various insurance companies for patients. Reconciliation and reports on each batch received from the insurance companies. I learned how important is it to review your EOB'S (Explanation of Benefits) from your own insurance companies on how there are so many adjustments that are overlooked by the insurance companies. Job was not very hard it was repetitive, but I always enjoy learning.
Pros
Very busy and good benifits
Cons
No interacting
Great nurses that always help
Floor Nurse - IICU (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXApril 15, 2016
Understaffed hospital with extreme morale problems. I was hired with the promise that I would go to day shift after a few months. After inquiring multiple times, I was told there would be no openings for me on the day shift because the night shift needed me too bad. I have a family, and working night shift was not something I could do forever!
Pros
Working with great nurses
Cons
Understaffing
Ok Place to work
PHYSICIAN BILLING, TEAM LEAD (Current Employee) –  Denison, TXNovember 12, 2013
Some of management team are not very good managers!! So of managers do not know how to be team players. Poor when it comes to raisers. Very suspect place to work in some departments.
fast paced
Staff CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXOctober 28, 2014
Good place to work with crosstraining provided. Several shifts available and good benefits.
Pros
great hours
more patient oriented then employee oriented
Appeals Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denison, TXFebruary 22, 2013
a typical day would be comprised of researching and following up on contract violations, claims resolution, email conferences. I learned that politics plays a role in a hospital setting even went it shouldnt. Management at TMC was well organized and balanced between patient and employee environments. My coworkers worked well together until the guise of politics became involved. The hardest part of my job was trying to balance politics with maintaining a budget. The most enjoyable of part of my job was resolving accounts that no one else thought were resolvable.
Pros
steady employment
Cons
politics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TEXOMA MEDICAL CENTER. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval