TEXOMA MEDICAL CENTER

TEXOMA MEDICAL CENTER Employer Reviews

Register ER patients
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee), Denison, TXFebruary 17, 2015
Register ER patients as they are being triage for treatment. Verify insurance information. Admit In patients if needed. Follow up on any accident information.
A positive learning experience
Staff RN (Former Employee), Denison, TXFebruary 9, 2015
While my work experience at TMC was brief, the preceptorship program was challenging and education. Management was easy to work with and encouraged personal growth.
Great teamwork. Wish I could go back and work there again.
Medical Surgical nurse for Renal/Oncology floor- (Former Employee), Denison, TXJanuary 25, 2015
Fantastic hospital, fantastic employees. Close group. We worked hard and I learned so very much in all aspects of nursing. Management was wonderful. Coworkers were great. Hardest part of the job was the long hours, Most enjoyable part of the job was the friendships we developed.
job duites
floor tech-evs (Current Employee), Denison, TXJanuary 14, 2015
dust mop, scrub, buff hallways, remove trash/ dirty linen and bio from soiled utility rooms. mop up spills as needed
job duites
floor tech-evs (Current Employee), Denison, TXJanuary 14, 2015
Everyone was in their own area data entry all day
Patient Accounts Coordinator II (Former Employee), Denison, TXDecember 29, 2014
Pros: very busy and good benifits
Cons: no interacting
Enter payments and adjustments received from various insurance companies for patients. Reconciliation and reports on each batch received from the insurance companies. I learned how important is it to review your EOB'S (Explanation of Benefits) from your own insurance companies on how there are so many adjustments that are overlooked by the insurance companies. Job was not very hard it was repetitive, but I always enjoy learning.
fast paced
Staff CT Technologist (Former Employee), Denison, TXOctober 28, 2014
Pros: great hours
Good place to work with crosstraining provided. Several shifts available and good benefits.
Loved the patients
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Denison, TXOctober 10, 2014
Pros: pay and dealing with patients
Cons: management
Extremely difficult to work with recovery management. Lots of favoritism to certain nurses while other nurses being treated poorly.
Productive accounts receivable
Patient Accounts Coordinator II (Former Employee), Denison, TXAugust 21, 2014
Pros: good team work
Cons: insurance too expensive
Entered payments and adjustments on patients accounts from insurance companies per EOB's. Reconcile reports to confirm payments entered balanced. I learned how a person can really save on what they owe on their bill by knowing what the insurance co is suppose to adjust and pay. The management was very professional, we had weekly meetings which made things productive. I can't think of anything hard to deal with at this job, but I did enjoy being busy.
Clerical/Customer Service ,Clerical/Data Entry (Former Employee), Denison, TXAugust 20, 2014
Pros: productivity, team work, and could be fun
Cons: healthcare benefits, pay, management
Typical day was to go in and get started on your job. Most of my Co-Workers were Great to work with. I Learned so much in the physician's side of Submitting claims and Reviewing Claims. The hardest side of my job was having to call Patients and asking for money. The other hardest part was getting claims resolved with some insurance companies when additional information was being requested from the members. I Loved working there when I started out we had a Great supervisor. When there was a change The New Supervisor came in with a vengence to get rid of everyone that was there and hire only people from her church.Never mind they didn't know what they were doing,when she hired them. Otherwise, It was a good place to work.
Enjoyed the challenges of accuracy in health care billing.
Business Services Auditor (Former Employee), Denison, TXJuly 7, 2014
My first area to work in the business office was to review collection status on accounts and determine if it was accurate or not, according to guidelines, correcting when necessary. Soon, I was promoted to a position in billing that included contacting insurance companies to verify insurance coverage and benefits and documenting that on the patient accounts. After that, I was promoted to a position as patient accounts auditor where I learned about usual and customary charges, interacting with other departments. I was given the task of being the sole auditor contact for SANE accounts and was very proud of my work with that. Seeing several areas of the business office and how they function was interesting. Met some nice people, befriended several and continue that friendship now.
Good and friendly place
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Denison, TXJune 27, 2014
The people were great to work with. Friendly and clean environment. I would go into work and start by stocking up a cart to restock the fridges in the nurses stations on each floor. Afterwards I would go to one of the few positions on the tray line and help put together specific meals for all the patients who requested food. Later we would take back all the trays and dishes to wash and put away. Then we would all clean the whole kitchen to sanitary standards.
good place to work
Medical Insurance Billing & Collections (Former Employee), Denison, TXFebruary 18, 2014
I held several jobs the 12 years I was with TMC.
I worked QA, reviewing the claims
I worked billing and I worked collections
Ok Place to work
PHYSICIAN BILLING, TEAM LEAD (Current Employee), Denison, TXNovember 12, 2013
Some of management team are not very good managers!! So of managers do not know how to be team players. Poor when it comes to raisers. Very suspect place to work in some departments.
fun
cna (Former Employee), Denison, TXSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: n/a
cleaning, making sure meds are taken, assisting with showers, and basic skills for home
Small town hospital
Radiation Therapist (Former Employee), Denison, TXJuly 17, 2013
Enjoyed working with physicians and other staff members and getting to know my patients.
Excellent, Challenging Job
Data Assistant/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Denison, TXMarch 12, 2013
Pros: excellent director/mentor and wonderful co-workers
This job kept me very busy and introduced me to healthcare in terms of quality management. My co-workers were wonderful individuals, providing me with valuable information to help me understand the background of chart abstraction, JCAHO standards, CMS initiatives, and patient satisfaction.

I enjoyed this job very much and left with great reluctance.
more patient oriented then employee oriented
Appeals Specialist (Current Employee), Denison, TXFebruary 22, 2013
Pros: steady employment
Cons: politics
a typical day would be comprised of researching and following up on contract violations, claims resolution, email conferences. I learned that politics plays a role in a hospital setting even went it shouldnt. Management at TMC was well organized and balanced between patient and employee environments. My coworkers worked well together until the guise of politics became involved. The hardest part of my job was trying to balance politics with maintaining a budget. The most enjoyable of part of my job was resolving accounts that no one else thought were resolvable.
Very stressful environment
Emergency Room Unit Clerk (Former Employee), Denison, TXJanuary 14, 2013
I worked in the emergency room, this was a very stressful environment with a lot of physivcal and mental demands.
Worked at home doing transcription.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Denison, TXJuly 2, 2012
Pros: working at home was good in a lot of ways. you were never late.
Cons: interaction with other people.
Worked at home doing all aspects of transcription. Hardest part of the job was not having fellow coworkers to interact with and being at home all of the time.