Senior Java Architect
Are you passionate about building highly interactive web applications, dealing with Big Data and building a disruptive product?
We need a strong Architect - a technical leader who can drive the high level architecture of the future, is intolerant of sub-optimal design, and can also produce efficient and scalable code.
Company is an early stage startup that is building a revolutionary technology and an ecosystem for consumers and merchants. The core of this technology revolves around digital receipts and merchant-defined loyalty programs. This is a unique opportunity that combines an individual’s creativity and technical capabilities to deliver a game changing application in the loyalty space. It's a great time to be joining Company as we expand our presence across the country and scale with large enterprise customers.
As an Architect, you will be entrusted with the architecture, design and development of scalable web-based game changing products. Your responsibilities will include defining a scalable platform architecture vision and strategy, and working with world-class engineers and product managers to execute on that vision. As part of your job, you will come up with creative product and architecture ideas, innovate new technologies, execute on the vision and strategy, and deliver product launches in a rapid innovation environment. In this role, you will have the freedom and ownership to turn your ideas into great products. You will also play a significant role in analytical initiatives on Big Data and improving our Cloud Based offering.
An ideal candidate should be well rounded and comfortable in the front-end, server and database technologies.
- 3+ years experience as an architect in product development for large scale Consumer applications.
- Hand-on (Architecture + Coding)
- Experience developing UI and server side frameworks to simplify application development using SOA.
- Understanding of the implications of big data…what if you saw every transaction happening at every store in California, how would you handle this in real time, how would you build out analytics
- You should have made significant contributions to designing, building and tuning a highly scalable and secure system processing millions of transactions.
- We develop in Java, you should have a solid understanding of it but muli-language developers are awesome.
- Strong Java/J2EE Experience – MySQL, Hibernate, REST, Spring Framework and other design patterns
- Production level experience with display side languages and libraries. We use Jquery quite a bit, be great if you did too.
- Strong knowledge of open source technologies such as Apache, Tomcat, Spring and MemCached.
- Understanding of RDMS and implementing optimized data structures
- Ability to work with Product Management on requirements definition and design
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases such as MongoDB/Cassandra etc.
- Knowledge of cloud deployments in EC2/Rackspace/Opsource etc.
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with remote/outsourced teams
- Experience working in a continuous integration development environment using Agile Methodologies like Scrum.
- Ability to take on multiple projects and complex tasks with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Must be able to analyze and suggest improvements to existing code and designs.
- Enjoy inventing, we’re a growing company with an awesome product. Everyone’s ideas contribute to making it better
Indeed - 12 months ago