Textron Employee Reviews

I would assign an overall letter grade of B+
Principal Mechanical Engineer - Fluid Systems (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAAugust 29, 2016
Excellent overall work environment, but the division I worked in was very much behind-the-times in their adoption of new computer technology that could have greatly increased productivity.
Pros
Good People to work with
Cons
Workforce is subject to major fluctuations from year to year
Excellent Opportunity for Advancement
EVENTS & CHANNEL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 23, 2016
Textron offers excellent opportunity for advancement and encourages transition to new and more challenging roles. Management is very good, and I have had great experiences with all of the supervisors here.
Great Local Team, Horrible Upper Management at HQ
Worker Bee (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 18, 2016
The team I worked with in Huntsville was great. The worse part of this company is Hunt Valley. They forget and don't acknowledge remote sites. VP was non responsive to concerns and had poor communication skills. Honesty is the biggest concern with their code of business ethics. They tell you what you want to hear to keep you around then turn around and lay off key players without thinking of the ramification to the contracts. I understand business and I know everything is about the bottom dollar but lets not forget those that are making the bottom dollar for you. The hardest part of my job was staying positive in my position and keep office morale up with no reach to HQ to make any positive changes to keep people happy. The best part of my job was my site. We banned together with the downfall of our location and were genuine and hard working to get all the tasks done, while the customer loved our work they weren't happy with upper management usage of our talents and abilities that were limited by Hunt Valley.
Pros
My local team
Cons
Health care, upper management
Poor management/ constant Lies
Fitter/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LAJuly 22, 2016
Benefits are the only thing this company offers that is good. Temp employees get no benefits though. They lie to the employees and the temporary help. Tell you what they think you want to hear to hope you stay around a lil longer. Promised employees raises and don't deliver when you are truly deserving. Promise the temp employees (which is all they hire now) permanent positions with benefits but don't deliver when the time comes. Lots of turn over in the workforce due to this. Poor management and no accountability so if you are good at your job be prepared to spend half your day fixing stupid peoples mistakes while they just keep right on making more mistakes. This company does not know how to treat good people. If you are lazy and dont care about your future or the future of the company this is the job for you. Work is comparable to shipbuilding but on a smaller scale. Really a shame, even lower management doesnt like the way they have to treat the employees.
Pros
Immediate benefits if you hire on direct with company
Cons
Poor mangement, Lies, turnover in the workforce, no accountability, rotating shifts, mandatory overtime
Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 14, 2016
Great place to be employed. Good management ,good team members, and enjoyable environment. Overall great experience with Textron aviation, and is business partners.
Decent workplace
Block G Operator/TASE 400 Payload Operator (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJuly 6, 2016
I was deployed to Afghanistan as a UAV pilot for 2 tours with Textron. The pay and benefits are really good. Definitely at the top of the range.
Great Company
Corp & TFC IT Infrastructure Intern (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 22, 2016
As a Year Up intern at Textron, I have learned and absorbed so much during my time here. Part of the Infrastructure team, we dealt with a lot of analysis and financial aspects of IT. I have become a "pro" at using Excel, as well as using Microsoft Office 2007, 2013, and 2016. I can definitely see myself or someone else growing and expanding their horizons while working for this company.
Great compensation but poor enviroment
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIJune 7, 2016
The atmosphere was treated like a high school. Forced to work extended hours with little to no notice, and little to no on the job training.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hours, Management
No fond memories
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mechanical EngineerMay 16, 2016
I'd prefer to work somewhere that gives back to the community and helps people. I had a moral opposition to the position I held there.
Great benefits and plenty of hours
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Lavonia, GAMay 9, 2016
I never worked less then 40 hours. The pay was very good, and there was always something new to learn. The only thing i disliked was only getting one day off a week.
Pros
great pay
Cons
work schedules were unorganized

Want to know more about Textron?

Ask a question
foundy life is rough miss co-workers more than foundry life
Journeymen Millwright U.A.W. (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIMay 1, 2016
hired in at 22 average age of employee was 55, 4 years under there belts and 4 to complete journey men card. the amount of info gathered from these fine man is and will always be priceless.
Pros
knowledge
Cons
foundry
Awesome company to work for
Financial Reporting Intern (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 20, 2016
Awesome company that I had the opportunity to intern with. Worked roughly 40 hours a week never more than 50 hours a week. Management was good in helping me learn and giving me exposure to opportunities throughout the company.
Amazing Experience, hands on, friendly environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDApril 18, 2016
I had a great time at Textron Systems. The people were friendly, the work fit my skill set and pushed me to learn more. They had plenty of work for us to do and activities and events to attend
TRU Simulation+Training Business Unit
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCMarch 23, 2016
I was hired for the accounting department but somehow had to work IT technical tickets and take over HR responsibilities. I had a hard time learning anything because my boss was constantly changing my responsibilities before I could learn them. The IT department sent all system issues concerning time keeping software to me because they did not know how to work in the system nor did they want to learn. I was hired as hourly and told there was no overtime but my boss always called me over the weekend asking me to check the system or time cards. I ended up working every other Sunday because management never did their job responsibility concerning time cards. I could never enjoy my days off or holiday breaks because my boss would call or send my texts (on my personal phone) to work. Was told by my boss that I should always take my laptop home in-case she needed me to do something after work hours. My boss had no concern for her employee's work life balance.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Not Orgainized on Responsiblities
Great People, Poor Work Life Balance
Engineer (Former Employee) –  LouisianaMarch 13, 2016
There are some amazing people that work here, it's sad they arent treated better by management. Management has no respect for employee's personal time.
Really calm place, nice workers. Love it here
Security Officer at the lobby desk (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 6, 2016
Everyone is friendly, you build a bond with the daily people that come in to work, no complains. Friday-Sunday is really calm, not much to do, but still need make sure the building is secure and safe.
very organized
Multi-Spindle set up (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 1, 2016
Typical day set up and run multi spindle machines,sharpen tools on grinder,change tools as needed, inspect parts,clean area. Best part of job was getting machine to run quality parts. hardest part was learning all the different parts
Valuable learning experience
SAP Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 29, 2016
Very positive corporate environment with good work-life balance culture. adequate benefit and retirement package. diverse multi-cultural environment.
OK for a few year but not a palce to build a career
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDFebruary 15, 2016
Ok if all you want to do is get a paycheck for a few years but no career growth path and manage is always wanting more and more for less and less
Pros
It's a job
Cons
No growth path
My team members are the bset
Systems/Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LAJanuary 20, 2016
As its always said, there is no I in team. I have the best group of fellow co-workers from engineering to production and everything in between. We all have specific skills and work hard to accomplish any task.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Textron. Our community is ready to answer.