Textron Employee Reviews

Textron
Production Control Analyst (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 20, 2017
Textron is a great place to gain experience. However, Textron Marine and Land Systems does not currently have much room for advancement or growth opportunity.
Incompetent management.
Helicopter Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Piney Flats, TNNovember 12, 2017
I fail to understand how someone is getting food for customers and gassing up company vehicles one month.The next,they’re a plant manager.Watching as this unchecked incompetence is running a profitable business into the ground.Luring in new hires with all of the benefits,which look great on paper.Saying that work and home balance is important doesn’t mean much to employees who are working 50+hours a week for a year or more.Your time with the company and experience is worthless.The longer you stay the more you’ll see people hired making almost the same money as you.Speak about it,and you’ll be labeled with a “negative attitude”,and targeted for termination.This is how the incompetent bullies in leadership keep their jobs.Playing the waiting game for the next layoff.
Pros
Cake for events twice a year
Cons
Incompetence
Promote from within
Textron Specialized Vehicles - Operations Leader (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 5, 2017
Textron is a great company with a diverse portfolio and nearly endless opportunities. The roles I held assisted in determining where my passion and skills lie. The workplace cultures varies greatly between each site.
Pros
Great experience through different industries
Cons
Management values relationships over the bottom line
Best Job Ever
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDNovember 5, 2017
I really like the technology and environment. Sorry they could only keep me for 7 months until the intern season arrives. But they were paying top dollar for me and I appreciated the exposure to Qt, Jira, Collaborator, Mecurial, Parasoft, and Python/Sikuli programming.
Pros
I could live right next to the Textron building only about two football fields away
Cons
It can get pretty cold and snowy in Maryland
Great company with low paying jobs
Gray Eagle UAS Instructor Pilot (Current Employee) –  El Mirage, CAOctober 24, 2017
Great company with low paying jobs. They require a lot of experience for the positions that are advertised for outside personnel to apply. The problem is, your experience only counts for job qualification and not compensation.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Low Paying job
Collections agency.
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIOctober 23, 2017
The environment was great. I had to perform collection attempts for corporate accounts and timeshare holders. It was not the easiest to deal with companies in financial hardships but they were easy to work with.
Pros
Great lunch facilty
Cons
Having to locate customers that did not want to be found
Great work environment with many locations and advancement opportunities.
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MAOctober 20, 2017
Textron provides advancement training opportunities to those that want that in their career. The compensation and benefits were acceptable. The products and locations are very diverse so it offers many interests to employees. Some locations were more family-friendly and encouraged outside socialization than others.
Prepared for Bureaucratic nonsense?
Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAOctober 20, 2017
Textron is a LARGE Holding with No Personality.
The organization is a harbinger of the Corporate Animal who is a Skilled Politician interested in serving no one but themselves.
If you have a gift for deflecting blame this is the PERFECT place for you.
TXTN is no place for humans who exude empathy.
Nor is there ANY room for creativity.
Act like the RULES make perfect sense and you will go far in an organization that can only be rivaled by the Federal Government in all its glory.
Pros
Home of the Corporate Animal!
Cons
Be prepared to feel nothing by the time you are DONE.
Textron Culture
Director, Operations (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 15, 2017
culture is all about the youth movement, if you are over 45 yrs old forget about promotion. If you are over 50, you are part of the Jurassic Park nation.
work place
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Streetsboro, OHOctober 14, 2017
I enjoy working ther it lead me to a full time job after beening a temp there for year. I learned a lot about quality assurance back then I also learned to do part processge sorting different parts quality testing on parts just a really great experance for me
Okay work place
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LAOctober 5, 2017
The flexibility of the the hours great pay working for the government. Dynamic company that specializes in building great technology for today's time and needs.
Textron
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDSeptember 27, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Textron. The employees were the best part of the organization. Was a family atmosphere with room to grow. I was at Textron 10 years prior to my departure.
Very specific operations location
Intern Drone Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Blackstone, VASeptember 18, 2017
You have to know what you're getting into.

Expect to be doing a lot of different type of "odd jobs" if you're at a field site.

Not much in terms of career advancement if you're not at HQ or in LDP.
Constant churn
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 7, 2017
Overall my experience in various positions at Textron was very positive. In the last year there was a lot of changeover at the top levels of management that caused unrest and change at the program and project levels. The team environment and competitive culture were things I worked very well with, however the unsettled org chart made for a tough last year.
Pros
Compensation and benefits
Cons
Upper management is not set and that flows downward
It was a great company and great place to work. I have great management all 10 y e ars.
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 23, 2017
I have a great experience with Textron Financial. The parent company liquidated Textron Financial so we had no choice. I wish I was still there. A great group of co-workers. It was sad to depart.
Pros
Great company
More lay offs coming
Business Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 22, 2017
At Textron we like to force employees 50+ out so we can hire new college grads for a 1/3 the cost! Some would think fantastic business plan until you realize all the knowledge goes out the door with those employees.
The motto is do more with less! So when people get laid off others just consume their work.
Pros
Somewhat pay
Cons
Benefits arent good for a muti billion $$ company
Great
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cockeysville, MDAugust 11, 2017
Great company to work for and never stop learning. 5-10% of managers don't care and are just there to get a check, the others are so helpful. Don't let the 5-10% scare you, every company has managers like this.
productive and fun with gym room
Drafter (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 20, 2017
I am start working at 7am to3 :30 pm every day. I had a nice time with my skill.I studied many thing about sketches, blueprint and Cad
software.I am got training for assembly product too.
Pros
free lunches every month
Cons
healthcare is good
Great work place
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 12, 2017
Work long hours. Great place to start a career or learn on the job. Flexible hours. Great supervisor.
Must pay attention to detail.
Loved this place
Pros
On your own schedule
Cons
Not enough income
Very poor work environment
Logistics ManagerLogistics (Former Employee) –  Augusta GeorgiaJuly 10, 2017
Was lied on and fired for no reason so that my supervisor could bring into new Caucasian people and five me and the other African-American was doing more than one duty and only getting paid for one was treated very poorly management was poor but I was working on the MAU so I don't know if I can blame text Job but I blame them if I have it in May you run my department

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Textron. Our community is ready to answer.