Textron Employee Reviews in United States

Awesome place to work, top secret projects.
Shipfitter/welder (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAJuly 21, 2015
This was one of the best places i have worked. Rotating shifts working with and for the army. this is the type of place that makes you give 110%.
Pros
enhanced my skills/ fortune five hundred company
Cons
Hard to get information to get the job.
Soldiers expression after learning something New about system they use.
(TUAS) C4I Sr. Trainer Developer (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJune 22, 2015
Travel to train Soldiers on the Shadow (RQ-7Bv2) System. Fast pace training on the C4I side of things, but very fun to see Soldiers learn more about their system the fly.
Pros
Lots of travel
Cons
Engineering Support for training
Graphic Design and Visualization Artist
3D Generalist (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSJune 3, 2015
Overall, Textron Systems is a forward moving organization which takes considerable pride in producing products and tools for sustainable and quality training for its clients.

It was a joy to work with a team and on a project excepting and encouraging of innovative thought and creativity.
Contract Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 27, 2015
It has a good working environment with a very dynamic group of departments managers. Benefits are good and the chances of moving through the different business units is a plus for anybody looking to advance.
Good ole boy environment
Chief of Supplier Quality (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXJuly 20, 2015
It is very hard to get promoted on merit. It is a Texas good ole boy company. It is a normal 40 hr week job. Management consisted of family members,
Pros
On site Cafe
Cons
Government Contractor
awesome place to work, job was transfered
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaApril 17, 2015
Loved my sales position with Textron. Basically grew up with the company. Learned all the aspects of financial sales, management, leadership and goal setting.

The hardest part of my job was at month end when I would it was always a push to exceed goals.

Loved working with the customers which were in the East Coast.
Pros
Awesome people
Cons
Lots of travel
Terrific Company with a great selection of opportunities.
Principal - UGCS Systems (Current Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCApril 1, 2015
My time with Textron has been a tremendous opportunity for growth and develpment, as well as a source of pride for the product lines that we worked on. There are a lot of great people, and a number of opportunities that are available for those that excel, work hard, and are diligent.
Pros
Great Product Line, and vision.
Cons
Benefit packages can be difficult to navigate and execute.
I love to work for Boeing through CTS and CTS was the firm when I arrived from Germany in 1996
Principal Mechanical Engineer-FEA/FEM (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LAApril 24, 2015
Textron was a good company but lack of understanding many talent workers was negative sign. However, I encourage many young engineer including my own son with 4.0GPA from college applying for Textron job.
Pros
positive
Cons
lack of communication
We build the highest quality helicopters in the world
Engineer, Metallic Materials, Bell Helicopter (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 22, 2015
My typical day was reviewing and analyzing the heat treatment, shot peen cards and electron beam welding operations both inside and outside the company.
Avoid at all cost.
Corporate Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 16, 2015
Sacramento Location Exited December 2014.
They Underpay, Cheap Benefits, Lots of employees counting down to retirement, Management is unorganized, EVERYONE is in fear of being fired so they blame their errors on everyone else (Even when they were not working that day), Maintenance manager is incompetent, GM ignores problems until its a mess, Worst place I have ever worked in my 15 year career doing aircraft maintenance contracting.

They do not deserve any stars.
Pros
weekend night shift pay perks
Cons
management
It was a Family oriented business untill Ransomes & Textron took it over.
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMarch 4, 2015
I worked in the machine shop, running machinery conducive to the manufacture of off road vehicles. It was not air conditioned or heated very well. It was physically demanding work. It was frustrating but rewarding. I miss it but I can't physically handle that type of work anymore.
I learned manufacturing processes, how to use many hand and mechanical tools. I grew up at this job.
Management was great for the most part.
My co-workers became like family.
Walking away the last day the plant was open.
The culture.
Pros
pride & satisfaction in the work you did. pay & benefits were awesome.
Cons
hard, hot and cold dirty work. physical toll was huge.
Fun environment and friendly people
Executive Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 2, 2015
My day began with greetings all through the office of hello and good morning how are you, till I arrived at my cubicle. I would answer any emails or voicemails and process any expenses that my Director would have and start planning her travels for different states and counties. I really did not have any hard tasks to complete or in my daily routine. I most enjoyed coming to work and see all the friendly faces and getting to know the people that worked for Textron.
Pros
getting to each lunch with my boss
Cons
being laid off
enjoyed working with this company
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNJuly 17, 2015
I was a branch manager with Textron and the hardest part of my job was keeping the people that ran the lines using the correct parts.
Well setup when I arrived with all the tools I needed to do the job
SAP COE Basis Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 3, 2015
Well setup when I arrived with all the tools I needed to do the job. Days were long and hard but rewarding. Co-workers were well trained and very compitent. Most rewarding part was the customer satisfaction after putting in long hours to get issues resolved.
Tough culture to work in
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 29, 2015
In all fairness it has been almost 14 years since I worked at Textron so any experience I have of the company is most likely stale. At the time I worked there I lasted 2 years and was considered long term.
Typical Manufacturing Plant
Former Value Stream Leader (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KsJanuary 24, 2015
Textron does a great job at implementing changes but fails miserably with the Control phase. For every step forward they take 2 steps back. Product quality is at an all time low and there is no real structure put in place to help employees succeed.

Lack of experience has caused them to start regurgitating the same failed projects over and over again. They try very hard to implement Lean Principles but do not do a very good job of getting the employees to buy in this results in many failures.

Constantly playing politics instead of doing what is right
Pros
good pay, safety culture
Cons
weak management + week human resources. experience does not carry much weight with the directors, ability to move to other business units extremely difficult.
Procurement Specialist (Legacy Spares Buyer) (Former Employee) –  Piney Flats, TNJune 9, 2015
Busy fast paced office. It was a great working enviroment with wonderful co-workers. I learned a lot and I appreciate the opportunity.
Excellent Place to Wrok
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, MAApril 7, 2015
I have been able to grow in this company and have been challenged using my computer skills. The company is always looking for whats best for their employees and they show appreciation through many events they host and provide to employees.
Company Cultural Shift
Principal Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDDecember 20, 2014
The culture had shifted at the former company from a product centric organization to a profit concentric organization from the recent acquisition. The people are the best in the organization but the corporate mind has shifted from a customer first mentality to a must meet unobtainable profit targets drive. The hardest part of the job was trying to meet the goals dealing with a non-technical management structure. Great satisfaction in creating innovative designs and leading highly competent individuals.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
long, long expected hours
Great People, Learned alot
Quality In-Process Inspector (Current Employee) –  5 Alliance Dr. Goose Creek SCApril 8, 2015
Long hours and lots of overtime. I learned so many new things working here. I was doing final inspections where I worked before and here I had the opportunity to see the parts comming in the door