Textron Employee Reviews

BS Company
Talent Manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GADecember 29, 2016
I find it to be ridiculous that they have this position still open and yet i applied for this position almost a week ago and they sent me a denial email stating they found someone that's more suitable. what I find to be even more ridiculous is that I met all of their qualifications for this job and they still claim they found someone else that's more suitable.
Great company to work for
Documentation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 26, 2016
Great training, promotions and bonus regularly given. Prompted comrade. Was laid off due shift in the economy. Great place to work and family oriented.
Material Handler/Certified Forklift Operator
Material Handler/Certified Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GADecember 22, 2016
Good company to work for. Great teamwork, work environment. I would recommend this company to anyone that is looking for an opportunity for growth and good learning opportunities as well.
Treated well
Senior Flight Crew (Former Employee) –  Dugway, UTDecember 19, 2016
I spent 6 years with Textron and have zero complaints. My move from the company was purely for my family. I had plenty of opportunities to advance and felt that I was rewarded for the work I put in accordingly.
productive and fu work place
Materials Lead (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GADecember 7, 2016
i learned how to adapt to people with different ethnic backgrounds. I really going to miss the relationship that were made there.
Pros
very diverse place to work
Cons
mandatory saturdays
Engineering Specialist Lead (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, MANovember 23, 2016
A typical day at work was very busy. I learned to work with engineers and various support personnel. Direct management was always supportive and extremely helpful. My co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was lack of calibration personnel to support the lab. The most enjoyable part of the job was working closely with my co-workers.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Upper management
Textron Systems is a Company dedicated to protecting the warfighter by providing them the tools they need to protect Freedom
Benefit and Wellness Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MANovember 17, 2016
There is longevity in Textron Systems and pride in the products that they produce.
They take great interest in developing new employees to move the company into the future.
Good place to work, different scenery everyday and freedom to do your job with minimal supervision
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 15, 2016
If you like golf and like to travel this is the job for you. Along with this job you'll learn more about different areas and also get to interact with various types of people.
Not making good decisions
Sr Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 11, 2016
The company focuses on reducing cost by looking at tangible items rather than how to cut cost by improving processes. There is so much opportunity for this company if they'd just pay attention. Recently it has just been layoff after layoff! Which make the work life so difficult. The motto is "Do more with less" but that can only go so far until you have the rest of the team stressed to the max.
They make known they want to replace talent with new college grads.
Pros
Awesome people to work with
Cons
Company doesnt beleive in paying for benefits, Stress is so high people are dropping like flies
great company
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MANovember 7, 2016
I worked there for a little while and loved it. They are great to their employees and a fun place to work. They have a great benefit package and banking on site. I would go back to work their anytime
A very open culture, where communication is encouraged.
Senior Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 4, 2016
Textron stands out as a company where employees are free to communicate with each other as much as necessary to get the job done. The managers are very accessible and easy to talk too. Employee concerns are considered and addressed as much as possible. Everyone I worked with was knowledgeable, talented and focused on getting the job done.

The culture at Textron is extremely flexible at letting people contribute their skills on whatever program needs them the most. In the twenty years I've worked for the company I've had a chance to work on almost every airplane the company builds.

On the downside. With the decline in the business jet market, Textrons been unable to expand. To maintain it's profitability they've been forced to gradually lay off people. Despite this, they've maintained good communications with employees and severance packages are generous.

I hope the company can turn itself around and start growing again.
Opportunities
Pros
Open culture, talented and motivated people.
Cons
Few opportunities for advancement. Stressful enviroment due to a need to reduce costs.
Data Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHOctober 31, 2016
Again, having worked here for many years, I was able to enhance my skills, working in many different areas. Having the role of DC manager I was able to see all phases of the business.
Enjoyable
Supply Chain Intern (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 26, 2016
Good Company with a conventional old style culture. Team lunches are always fun. Culturally diverse and enjoyable. Co-workers are extremely friendly and very supportive.
I enjoyed working with the customers
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsOctober 18, 2016
I'd go to work and break shift with the person before me we would tally up the paperwork and break shift. Then I would start my day.
Pros
I just loved working with the public.
Cons
The days were long because of working a day job
No Fond Memories
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDOctober 16, 2016
If you like a college atmosphere this place is for you, only millennials are hired and promoted. Program knowledge gone. Recommend working anywhere but for this company. Declining DoD revenue, layoffs are prevalent.
Pros
Cons
Layoffs, Poor work conditions, High priced health insurance, 5 yr 401K employer vesting too long
Collaborative Production Environment
Procurement Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, MAOctober 2, 2016
Textron Systems is a contract manufacturer of aerospace and defense products. Continuous Improvement is a primary focus as we seek to enhance well established processes.
Pros
Development, People
Cons
Speed to Market
Business Operations and Systems
System Admin./Operstions Analyst/Acct. Manager (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RISeptember 15, 2016
In general, this was the first job out of finishing my bachelors degree. Definitely eye opening as you get accustomed to the real world applying your skills
I would assign an overall letter grade of B+
Principal Mechanical Engineer - Fluid Systems (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAAugust 29, 2016
Excellent overall work environment, but the division I worked in was very much behind-the-times in their adoption of new computer technology that could have greatly increased productivity.
Pros
Good People to work with
Cons
Workforce is subject to major fluctuations from year to year
Excellent Opportunity for Advancement
EVENTS & CHANNEL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 23, 2016
Textron offers excellent opportunity for advancement and encourages transition to new and more challenging roles. Management is very good, and I have had great experiences with all of the supervisors here.
Great Local Team, Horrible Upper Management at HQ
Worker Bee (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 18, 2016
The team I worked with in Huntsville was great. The worse part of this company is Hunt Valley. They forget and don't acknowledge remote sites. VP was non responsive to concerns and had poor communication skills. Honesty is the biggest concern with their code of business ethics. They tell you what you want to hear to keep you around then turn around and lay off key players without thinking of the ramification to the contracts. I understand business and I know everything is about the bottom dollar but lets not forget those that are making the bottom dollar for you. The hardest part of my job was staying positive in my position and keep office morale up with no reach to HQ to make any positive changes to keep people happy. The best part of my job was my site. We banned together with the downfall of our location and were genuine and hard working to get all the tasks done, while the customer loved our work they weren't happy with upper management usage of our talents and abilities that were limited by Hunt Valley.
Pros
My local team
Cons
Health care, upper management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Textron. Our community is ready to answer.