TGI OFFICE AUTOMATION Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Management not very skilled
Meter Collection Representative (Former Employee) –  West Caldwell, NJSeptember 6, 2017
Horrific work environment! They will hire and fire anyone for any reason. They will talk to you as though you're a child and if you defend yourself you will be reprimanded. If you're desperate, work here until you find better. The meter department pay is terrible and does not reflect all of the work you will be doing.
Pros
9-5 major holidays off
Cons
Expensive healthcare, irate managers, no job security
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 29, 2017
The company management needs more help managing and evaluating properly employees . Give better opportunity for advancement and growth without favoritism to individual for personal reasons instead of academical
Pros
Steady work
Hostile work environment.
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 14, 2017
Hostile work environment. I worked in service dept for a number of years. Zero room for growth and limited holiday schedule. The environment was great about 4 years ago, but went downhill afterwards. No job security/low pay. I would not recommend this company.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Horrible management
Overall not able to make good compensation
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJune 25, 2017
• Obtain new business through cold calls/planned appointments, & leads.
• Prepare & present sales proposals and presentations
• Input data into Structured Web Program to follow up on customer database

Nice company to work for but wasn't able to earn enough compensation.
Welcoming enviroment
Administrative Assistant/Intern (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 12, 2017
All of my coworkers welcomed me with open arms and made me feel at home. They allowed me to create a schedule that was suited to my lifestyle. They were also considerate and understanding when it came to sudden illnesses and emergencies.
Great Company to work for
Jr. IT Administrator (Former Employee) –  West Caldwell, NJJanuary 24, 2017
In the three years I worked at the company I found it a comfortable place to work for with no pressure what so ever. They kept it a small stress free working area at all times..
One of the most competitive industries. TGI is a strong company.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2016
Worked in Sales. Learned a lot from senior reps/VP's. CRM is strongly utilized. Successful people are plentiful at each branch. Stressful at beginning building a base, need to stay positive.
Pros
Friendly employees, Family atmosphere, great personal growth potential
Cons
Long hours, stressful and a lot of driving.
Meh.
ACCOUNT SALES and ACCOUNT ADMINISTRATION (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 25, 2016
People are nice as with most jobs. Business model needs changing. Better communication needed between management and staff.
Productive; innovative
CONTRACTS/DATA ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 1, 2016
State of the art in this segment of the industry; co-workers are diligent and helpful to one another. Handsome offices.
Pros
Progressive in its approach
Friendly workplace, good management.Negative dependency of New York for parts
technician (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach FloridaJuly 23, 2015
Excellent job, service manager gives freedom to arrange schedule when not under pressure. Ownwer is down to earth but their growth is not Miami but further north.
Hardest part of the job was going to Pompano Beach to get parts, one or more than an hour trip each way.
Pros
Friendly workplace
Cons
only one week vacation at a time, cannot take 2 weeks together
professional and pleasant
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 3, 2013
typical day is very busy and fast passed, leaned how to handle customers and their copy needs, hardest thing was not enough time in the day to handle all problems
Pros
very nice management
Cons
not getting enough training for the senior techs
The working atmosphere among co-workers is like that of a family
IT / FIELD TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 28, 2013
Part of a team that covers the borough of Brooklyn. The most interesting aspect about this job, it allows me to travel around the borough and meet with different clients from various cultures.
Business to business sales
SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 1, 2013
Generating leads by cold calling on the phone or by personal visits. I worked mostly alone, managing my own time and pace. I learned to provide presentations and training to a larger audience, negotiated and closed sales contracts with business owners.The hardest part of the job was to keep motivation while the economic downturn.
Pros
Learning about the process of business sales
Cons
Driving 4-5 thousand miles a months sometimes.
Okay place to work but too many want to be Chiefs...
Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 30, 2013
A typical day for a Tech there is be at your first call at your starting time and try to finish your last call before 5pm. Finding parking was the hardest and longest of our times. Co-Workers were okay but most looked out for themselves but I guess thats understandable. The hardest part was dealing with management. One person would say something and then another would say something else so you are like do I listen to that person or the other person. At times it got confusing. The best part of the job was you worked basically on your own and you get to travel around and get to meet different people every day
Pros
working in the field and working with customers....
Cons
to many chiefs
Instructive and interesting environment
on-site IT Support Technician at United Nations (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 8, 2012
I have been working as an Desktop Support Engineer for more than 13 years. I'm specialized in Networking, Connectivity Troubleshooting, Desktop support and problem solving.
My typical day at United Nations as on-site IT Technician was managing several print servers and servers running document management solutions and print trucking database. Running updates, troubleshooting problems and make sure that everything was running as smooth as possible.
Providing hands-on user support by troubleshooting software problems for desktop, laptop computers and MFPs. Configuring workstations for new users and upgrades existing equipment and software. Setting up and maintaining network and telecommunications systems. Re-imaging computers, performing data migrations and restorations, conducting remote problem solving as needed.
Supervising other desktop support specialists and help them if they need me.

One of my biggest accomplishment is
• the implementation and configuration of more than 300 multifunction machines.
• supporting and maintaining a network of over 8000 users,
• the management of several print servers.
• Training end users and team members.

Over the years I learned many technical skill but working interactively with users and providing helpful solutions has not only been my duty but has also been a fulfilling career.
The hardest part of the job is being able to handle the user temper when you are not able to find an instant solution. You need to be very professional and empathize with them and if necessary to gain more knowledge in order to fix the problem.
The most enjoyable
  more... part of my job is to see my users happy when you are able to solve their issue. I like interacting with people in person and make them confortable. That makes my day.
I like working for a big environment because I feel part of a big family and you get to know your users and their problems.
Throughout my career, I have always taken on new challenges and have continually made myself better. I continually look for ways that I can improve my abilities. I always strive to be the best that I can be, and believe that I can succeed in any environment.

I'm targeting a team-oriented position with emphasis on Desktop Support and Computer Networking. I'd like to work in a more creative work environment. Less corporate more casual.
I'm a Microsoft Certified Professional, CompTIA A+, Network + certified.

PERSONAL INTERESTS
Music, Cooking, Soccer, Photography
Pros
working in nyc, interacting with people, learning new things, some slow time at work allowed me to study and get a few it certifications, good work shift from 9am to 5pm, no work at week ends, good restaurants nearby, excellent cafeteria
Cons
hight level of stress, dealing with very demanding people