TGS Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to start a career
WDP Data Administrator / Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 3, 2016
Management is a little inexperienced, and lax; however I started my SQL development career there as a mere data entry person. Their access granted to anyone who asks is generous and helpful. Plenty of resources available if you know who and how to ask
Pros
Starting point for a career
Cons
Semi-difficult to move up in the company
Worked with good people with experiance
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSFebruary 1, 2016
The job was an 8-5 and reacting to needs of the day.
I learned a lot about computers and program installation.
Management was hands off with a list of tasked to perform.
Co-workers were great vary experienced and personable.
The hardest part was learning computer speak.
Working with my hands installing work stations and software.
Pros
learning new things.
Cons
Not enough work to keep busy
structure
field engineer manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 2, 2015
My biggest issue with this company was structure. It had relatively none. I was asked to create the survey department for which i was uniquely qualified to do however i received little to no support in doing so. I took up the reigns and still managed to build the department however without having a good support structure provided by management, keeping things running smoothly was very hard. Creating a structure where employees were not running around without direction or with direction coming from too many sources.Making these changes proved difficult and often times impossible to succeed.
Fun place and a lot to do
Senior DBA (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2015
I like the location of the office, lunches, younger employees and a lot to learn and do. Normal work hours and no hassle. This company is small to mid level and has good culture.
Pros
Relaxed place with lunches and fun days
Cons
not that I know of
Special company to work for treats all employees with the upmost respect
Track Laborer (Former Employee) –  Nederland, TXOctober 2, 2015
While working for TGS I encountered some of the nicest people I've ever met. Workplace stays safe at all times, for the most part I learned a lot at TGS. I would love to start my career over at TGS
Support
Support (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 28, 2015
Great company horrible pay high turnover rate

day to day is pretty easy going and some people are a little snooty but over all a great company to work for to gain experience and venture off
Pros
management
Cons
pay
Productive and fun work environment
Contract Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 2, 2015
Show up in the morning and unload shipments of computer parts and prepare them for installation. i learned my way around a warehouse and how to operate machinery in them
Pros
free lunch
production workplace
machine operator (Former Employee) –  Americus,GAJanuary 9, 2015
I started as a material packer and got promoted to machine operator in one month. We develop material for different companies and pack it for them to be shipped out.
This job was defanately and educational experience
Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXNovember 1, 2014
We had tool box meetings every day. Their was a walk through by Prax Air Safety we attending daily. I learned about Heat Tracing and also knowlege of how exactly refineries use it.
Pros
it was close to home
Cons
their was never enough safety supplies for the employees
Good company
Bilingual Data Processor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 19, 2014
A typical day is spent looking at domestic and international mud oil and gas logs and identifying them. 99.9% of the time is spent sitting down and manipulating two computer screens.
Pros
great bonuses, breaks.
fun workplace with free snacks everyday & fruits on Tuesdays
Document Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 23, 2014
Overall, great place to work at. The management knows everybody is adult and responsible and enhances teamwork. Nobody is left behind, everyday was fun, coworkers make the day enjoyable, making us want to come back, even though the pay was ridiculous. The hardest part of the job was the fact that it was repetitive.
Pros
free snacks
Experienced Learning & Development Professional
Learning & Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 3, 2013
* Provides advice, coaching/consulting on a variety of HR and business issues to business unit leaders and employees.
* Builds organizational capability by coaching clients on strategies for performance enhancement and issue prevention.
* Assists the VP HR with Succession Planning and leadership development.
* Manages the annual global annual Performance and Development Plan process.
* Assesses enterprise-wide L&D requirements to develop and propose annual corporate HR L&D budget and offerings.
* Designs and develops HR training programs for management and employees. This includes, developing, delivering and maintaining instructional programs; presenting course materials.
* Leads the global implementation of and ongoing development of the TGS On-boarding program.
* Manages the global employee engagement survey (design, implementation, communication and assist with facilitating action items).
* Assists business unit managers with specific/adhoc training needs including sourcing and negotiating with vendors.
* Responsible for tracking global L&D spend and tracking professional development.
* Works in conjunction with HR business partners to implement corporate initiatives in the business. Familiar with business unit needs and modifies accordingly to ensure initiatives are sensitive to business unit needs while achieving corporate objectives.
* Assists the VP HR with other corporate objectives and initiatives as required.
Productive and fun place with a Pingpong table
Senior DBA (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 11, 2013
Nice amount of work, great people to work with, young and energetic. Management is very good and productive. Co-workers are knowledgeable and fun to work with. The most enjoyable part was some fun activities and fooood!!!
Pros
free food, fun, and very little politics
Cons
job security
Dead End Company equals dead end career
Well Header Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 7, 2013
There is no moving up in jib position here. These folks dont even give you a raise. I was a well header tech and i hated it. How about upper management are messy, even the head HR lady is a messy pig. mostly asians and spanish people working there and 9 times out of 10 you gotta know someone to get in there. The pay is poor the vibe is hottible and this is all at the North Houston location
Pros
profit sharing
Cons
working there islike you are working at a never ending story
Good Job like what I do, would like to have more pay for the job that I do.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  LaPorte, TexasJuly 16, 2012
Maintenance railroad Track for Dupont Plant as the backhoe operator.
Safety while with working on railroad tracks, laying the tracks out
everyone works as a team to get the job completed
working in the heat
getting off
Pros
enjoy working with heavy equitment
Cons
distance to job site