Thales

Thales Employer Reviews

Great Colleagues and Management to work with
System Engineer (Current Employee), MedinaSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: so many cant mention all of them here
Cons: slow appraisals
Working with Thales made my career profile very strong since the beginning I moved to Saudi Arabia in 2010 and started working for THALES as buy out engineer. later all the jobs I got in saudi were based on the fact I've worked for reputable company like THALES.
productive and organized place to work.
Systems Test Engineer (Current Employee), Irvine, CAJune 19, 2014
manage test modules based on communicating with specification and software teams.
testing phases are being executed in the lab per standards.
Great job responsibliloties and others
Product Line Manager (Current Employee), Irvine, CAJune 1, 2014
Pros: great health care
Cons: no accountability of other departments
Company is very clannish and must fit in with the management and peers. Management does not hold most areas accountable
Best job I've ever had
Avionics Technician (Former Employee), Seattle, WAApril 16, 2014
Pros: almost everything
Cons: laid off
Can't say too much bad about the place except there were 3 lay off sessions while I was there until they finally shut down. Great place to work. They care about the employees.
Productive place
Test Technician - Manufacturing Floor (Former Employee), Clarksburg, MDFebruary 7, 2014
Typical work day 6am-4pm. Inspecting failed PC boards and troubleshooting. Hands-on experience and learn as you work.
Would like to see more
Account Specialist (Current Employee), NJJanuary 13, 2014
It's ok but time for me to move on. Management could improve in all areas.
Has the right idea, but implementation of anything seems impossible
Former HR Employee (Former Employee), Arlington, VADecember 20, 2013
Pros: you learn to adapt to quick change and agility is key
Cons: constant change and not always good changes
Thales is a huge multi-national French company. It can be a great place to work, but it does not welcome creativity and innovation they way they profess, at least not in USA. For a high tech organization all of they systems are rather outdated. It was just this year that a paperless system was put into place for expense reports. All projects within – more... the function areas (HR, Legal, Communications, Finance, Operations) are complex and require level after level of review and approval. This is what happens when you acquire small companies and don't take the time to introduce them to the rest of the family properly. What is the saying...united we stand, divided we fall... yes that is the one. If a person is up for the challenge why not get the great experience, you won't know a good job until you experienced a bad one. There is a big difference between working in the USA for this company vs other countries. Thales Group seems to care a lot for their employees and wants to be a great place to work and strives for that success, however it seems that the morale and energy dies out when it crosses any ocean. As much as we are part of the "Group" there is definitely that step-child feeling. I think this is absolutely the right type of company for certain people, but lacks a lot for our Gen Y. They are putting in idea rooms, try to encourage mind mapping, but they can't even update their own social media sites on a regular because those sites are blocked. Oh yeah they put in a prayer room at my location, seems appropriate because at this point I think a little help from God couldn't hurt. – less
Energetic Workplace with Great People
Human Resources Assistant/Training Coordinator (Former Employee), Irvine, CANovember 8, 2013
Pros: great benefits, great people
Cons: poorly trained managers (hired for technical expertise and not management skills)
People at Thales were a pleasure to work with, but its a slow moving environment. It takes several days to get items accomplished if you have to rely on another employee to complete your work. Pay and benefits were comparable to market.
Top Notch Employer
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Arlington, VANovember 1, 2013
Great manager. Skilled, friendly co-workers. Promotes continuing education,
A good company in a challenging industry
Staff Engineer (Current Employee), Clarksburg, MDOctober 20, 2013
It is a good company. The business has become more and more challenging as the government sequestration goes on.
Good Place to work with challenge and reward, with good benefits, wrong location
Engineering Bid Manager (Current Employee), Irvine, CAOctober 9, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: cultures of long lasting ethnic groups of employess
Manage the bid preparation of engineering non recurring tasks, and hardware bills of material for custom in flight entertainment systems on large commercial aircraft, broadband connectivity solutions, cost benefit analysis, task detail summaries, schedules, bid kickoff meetings for commercial clients and global field sales support efforts.
Audio/video, – more... state of the art software, hardware development, systems, customer installation and support, test and certification engineering, tech pubs bid management and approvals through the Director of Engineering.
Detail research and analysis on large commercial aircraft seat layouts, wiring and component design involved in the bid process that was then fed to finance for bid and proposal pricing and completion.
Management is too concerned about corporate level concerns and thus not concerned about the employee. Co-workers are very self centered and not team players. Too many cultures to deal with so the hardest part of the job is dealings within my own department. The Engineering employees are very normal and team players.
The most enjoyable part of my job is winning a proposal! – less
Great people
Technician (Former Employee), Irvine, CASeptember 6, 2013
I enjoyed working with the people in productions. Very friendly and we learned much from each other.
Very pressured jobs.
Test Technician III (Former Employee), Irvine,CAAugust 23, 2013
I learned Audio and Video products for arospace. Co-workers good but management was poor.
No Review
Team Lead Supervisor (Former Employee), Tukwilla WAJuly 5, 2013
Good place to work. Spent 12 years there until company moved to New Jersey.
The opportunity to work with the Marine Corps on the Optimized Top Owl (OTO) program truly was an honor.
Field Service Representative (Former Employee), AbroadJune 13, 2013
I was very impressed with everyone on the project. The mission was to transition the Marine Corps from a cockpit display to a helmet mounted display system compatible with new style Hueys and Cobras. The team’s dedication to supporting the product and the Marines was commendable. As the sole Field Service Representative assigned to the 11th MEU and – more... later the East Coast, my face-to-face contact with anyone from Thales was minimal. Despite the distance, everyone on OTO made a concerted effort to share information and collaborate to find viable solutions. The position was dynamic and responsibilities varied to include pilot training, logistic support, failure tracking, software configuration, etc… – less
One of the Best Company's to work for
Manager, Purchasing and Planning (Former Employee), Irvine, CAApril 24, 2013
Pros: free coffee
Cons: there are none
Please is Great, Great people and Management. Regret leaving
Challenging and productive workplace
Project Engineer (Former Employee), Madrid, IAApril 6, 2013
Great workplace to start a career and get experience. Different interesting projects with the High Speed Spanish Railway Lines.
New unexplored Industry for growth in Software Industry
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee), Irvine, CAFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: good work, sometimes boring
Cons: no good pay for city of irvine. no stock options as company is not listed
Thales IFE gives you a totally unexplored region of Software Engineering which In-Flight Entertainment. It is new and you can contribute with your new ideas and all.
good place to work good ethics
Account Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Edison, NJNovember 12, 2012
Posting vendors invoices and posting expense reports for payment.
My co-workers all had varying personalities. The hardest part of my job was leaving it.
worked all together
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Clarksburg, MDOctober 14, 2012
Pros: would bring in food and all share
gathering your work ,we worked from different tables at a time they would train for different work areas.Managment was good they would come bye and see if everything was ok.Coworkers we very nice to work with they would help you if you did t understand.no hardest part.getting your work out for the order they needed done.

1 2 3 4 5