Thales

Thales Employee Reviews

Accomplished company
Receptionist / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Piscataway, NJApril 6, 2015
Pros: Nice corporate environment
Cons: None
I enjoyed working as Front desk receptionist and greeting visitors with badges and sign in sheet to comply with company security guidelines. I announced visitors and arranged conference rooms for meetings and interviews.
Very productive and a learning experience
Sr. System Technician (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMarch 19, 2015
Learned about new systems. Co-workers were very helpful and enjoyed it very much. Management was very intelligent and easy to learn, get in touch with and helpful.
Sr. Systems Engineer (Current Employee), irvine, caMarch 16, 2015
Pros: .
Cons: .
good company. working daily with field teams/labs and personel from all departments.

work with nice people
Maintenance Controller (Current Employee), Irving, TXMarch 10, 2015
busy with many reports to have our Line technician to come out and fix airplanes. Good people around me, fast pace job keep me interested. Bring our best service to our customers.
Fun productive place
Production Line Scheduler II (Former Employee), Irvine, CAFebruary 16, 2015
When I think of Thales, I think of the wonderful people I worked for and with for half a year. My manager and co-workers were very supportive. They do promote work life balance and is flexible...great place to work for if you have a family. As long as you perform at a high level and show initiative, they will work with you. I've seen many employees move on to bigger and better (or even just something different) things within the company. I believe in companies who believe in their people!
Stepping stone job.
Wage slave (Former Employee), Piscataway NJDecember 28, 2014
Pros: the benefits are great (ie blue cross/blue shield & lots of pto time.)
Cons: nepotism reigns supreme!, unless your family or buddy/buddy with key people, there is no advancement, poor communication between: management - workers and interdepartmental, hr works for management, not for the worker, yearly raises are less then 2% per year
When I leave for the day, I can forget that I have a job.
Unless your a relative or a good friend of management, then this is a stepping stone job and not a career; cause there's just no advancement otherwise.
There's a real us vs them mentality between workers and office staff. So, a team bond is formed from that.

On the positive side, the benefits are unmatched. 20 vacation/sick days to start, with an additional day per year. The health-plan is also really good, but is getting pricey. There's also a company bar-b-que and Holiday Party every year.
The work was challenging but was a short temp job
Senior Electronics Technician (Temp) (Former Employee), Irvine, CADecember 19, 2014
This was a short temp job that was finished early. It was challenging and I learned a new way to set up a jets cabin system. The people there were good to work with and the management seemed to be easy going and well informed. Also did setups for comercial and large private jets.
Stable company but slow to adapt/adopt new strategic initiatives
Manager Marketing Programs (Former Employee), Edison, NJOctober 30, 2014
Pros: - good pay, good bonus structure, and good benefits
Cons: slow in making important decisions and slow to adapt to us market needs
- Hard working employees that are engaged and motivation in driving the organization forward.
Great Colleagues and Management to work with
System Engineer (Current Employee), MedinaSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: so many cant mention all of them here
Cons: slow appraisals
Working with Thales made my career profile very strong since the beginning I moved to Saudi Arabia in 2010 and started working for THALES as buy out engineer. later all the jobs I got in saudi were based on the fact I've worked for reputable company like THALES.
productive and organized place to work.
Systems Test Engineer (Current Employee), Irvine, CAJune 19, 2014
manage test modules based on communicating with specification and software teams.
testing phases are being executed in the lab per standards.
Great job responsibliloties and others
Product Line Manager (Current Employee), Irvine, CAJune 1, 2014
Pros: great health care
Cons: no accountability of other departments
Company is very clannish and must fit in with the management and peers. Management does not hold most areas accountable
Best job I've ever had
Avionics Technician (Former Employee), Seattle, WAApril 16, 2014
Pros: almost everything
Cons: laid off
Can't say too much bad about the place except there were 3 lay off sessions while I was there until they finally shut down. Great place to work. They care about the employees.
Very Productive Work Place
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAApril 2, 2014
I had an outstanding job at Thales although I was on a contract assignment so there had not been an opportunity for a permanent position.
Would like to see more
Account Specialist (Current Employee), NJJanuary 13, 2014
It's ok but time for me to move on. Management could improve in all areas.
Has the right idea, but implementation of anything seems impossible
Former HR Employee (Former Employee), Arlington, VADecember 20, 2013
Pros: you learn to adapt to quick change and agility is key
Cons: constant change and not always good changes
Thales is a huge multi-national French company. It can be a great place to work, but it does not welcome creativity and innovation they way they profess, at least not in USA. For a high tech organization all of they systems are rather outdated. It was just this year that a paperless system was put into place for expense reports. All projects within the function areas (HR, Legal, Communications, Finance, Operations) are complex and require level after level of review and approval. This is what happens when you acquire small companies and don't take the time to introduce them to the rest of the family properly. What is the saying...united we stand, divided we fall... yes that is the one. If a person is up for the challenge why not get the great experience, you won't know a good job until you experienced a bad one. There is a big difference between working in the USA for this company vs other countries. Thales Group seems to care a lot for their employees and wants to be a great place to work and strives for that success, however it seems that the morale and energy dies out when it crosses any ocean. As much as we are part of the "Group" there is definitely that step-child feeling. I think this is absolutely the right type of company for certain people, but lacks a lot for our Gen Y. They are putting in idea rooms, try to encourage mind mapping, but they can't even update their own social media sites on a regular because those sites are blocked. Oh yeah they put in a prayer room at my location, seems appropriate because at this point I think a little help from God couldn't hurt.
Energetic Workplace with Great People
Human Resources Assistant/Training Coordinator (Former Employee), Irvine, CANovember 8, 2013
Pros: great benefits, great people
Cons: poorly trained managers (hired for technical expertise and not management skills)
People at Thales were a pleasure to work with, but its a slow moving environment. It takes several days to get items accomplished if you have to rely on another employee to complete your work. Pay and benefits were comparable to market.
Top Notch Employer
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Arlington, VANovember 1, 2013
Great manager. Skilled, friendly co-workers. Promotes continuing education,
A good company in a challenging industry
Staff Engineer (Current Employee), Clarksburg, MDOctober 20, 2013
It is a good company. The business has become more and more challenging as the government sequestration goes on.
Good Place to work with challenge and reward, with good benefits, wrong location
Engineering Bid Manager (Current Employee), Irvine, CAOctober 9, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: cultures of long lasting ethnic groups of employess
Manage the bid preparation of engineering non recurring tasks, and hardware bills of material for custom in flight entertainment systems on large commercial aircraft, broadband connectivity solutions, cost benefit analysis, task detail summaries, schedules, bid kickoff meetings for commercial clients and global field sales support efforts.
Audio/video, state of the art software, hardware development, systems, customer installation and support, test and certification engineering, tech pubs bid management and approvals through the Director of Engineering.
Detail research and analysis on large commercial aircraft seat layouts, wiring and component design involved in the bid process that was then fed to finance for bid and proposal pricing and completion.
Management is too concerned about corporate level concerns and thus not concerned about the employee. Co-workers are very self centered and not team players. Too many cultures to deal with so the hardest part of the job is dealings within my own department. The Engineering employees are very normal and team players.
The most enjoyable part of my job is winning a proposal!
Great people
Technician (Former Employee), Irvine, CASeptember 6, 2013
I enjoyed working with the people in productions. Very friendly and we learned much from each other.

About Thales

For over 40 years, Thales UK has played a major part in the Thales Group’s global vision to make people, property and information – Read more