Thales Employee Reviews in United States

Learned much
IFE Content Integrator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 26, 2016
Much to do as account administrator. Learned to use several different equipment types and systems. Worked with airline clients on last minute changes and modifications. Worked closely with management in terms of scheduling lab use. The hardest parts of the job were last minute changes with a small turnaround window. When everything worked like clockwork - that was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Worked with colleagues to meet deadlines.
Cons
Third-party dependencies.
Learned alot
Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 24, 2016
I enjoyed working at Thales because it provided me with a lot of relevant professional experience. Every day was different and management was very supportive of my goals to learn. I learned about many of the business processes at play within the company and how every employee is involved within that process. My co-workers, while a lot older than me in age, had youthful spirits and related to me very well. The hardest part of the job was probably when I had to design a database to help my department keep track of hard drives that they were shipping out all over the world. While hard, this was also the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Wanted more exposure to the company.
High turnover and low cost labor
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 5, 2016
Much of the engineering/software work is performed by contracted (H1B) foreign nationals in the US for a couple years so there is lots of turnover - something to think about when projecting future compensation.
Pros
Close to the Spectrum Mall
Cons
Job Security, Inexperienced System Engineering Management
Continued learning
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAMay 25, 2016
A typical day was learning a new test procedure and continued help from other employees. There was the opportunity to move to different projects, enabling you to learn each facet of the business.
Pros
The events for the employees.
Cons
Not including the temporary employees in the relocation process.
Really need good Tech managers and not ones with no tech exp
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 5, 2016
CEO really needs to talk with all Tech employees to get a real picture of what is going on, Tech Leads lie way to much, and steal from the company
Pros
Its a job
Cons
not paid enough, and leads lie to new employess and the leads have hardly no Tech exp
project manager
Senior Systems Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 20, 2016
I worked with stakeholder to define scope and to also make sure the scope is delivered with in time of schedule. email stakeholder the progress of the project and understand the needs and demands from business to development.
This is a company in the growing phase of business.
LRU Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 11, 2016
This is a great company to work for with great benefits, 4 weeks paid time off, and a friendly work environment. They prefer to promote from within and even kept workers following mergers and company buyouts.
Excellent company culture
Sr. Exe Support Manager of Aerospace Division (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJDecember 17, 2015
I am part of the executive decision making committee at Thales and have learned much from my mentors and peers. Employees at Thales sustain high moral and enjoy working with each other. The most difficult part of my job is turning on and off the different hats I wear to ensure there is always a good level of prioritization.
Pros
Excellent culture - work life balance
Cons
no growth
a decent big corp
Intern (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 12, 2015
My team was pretty good. Can't say the same for all teams. Each team is a microcosm and department plays a big role in leading team culture. As a whole, it is still big corp. Most of the advance goes to the French. Thales is French company. It is a good place to go and build some experience and then leave.
Pros
good benefits and flexible hours (depends on your manager)
Cons
big corp feel and no advancement opportunity
SAP Implementation was all team work
ERP System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 26, 2016
During the post production and go-live time, teams were deliberately working together to enhance the new system. People were supportive and willing to work together
Review about Company
Sr. Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 25, 2016
Nice place to work as part of IFE and good place to improve career. I loved my job and did more automation related to my work.
Excellent Benefits
MATERIALS SPECIALIST ACTING LEAD (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FloridaNovember 6, 2015
Excellent Benefits
Excellent Health Insurance, and 401K Benefits
Good Management Skills
The co-workers are very skilled and knowledgeable
avionics company
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJOctober 1, 2015
it was difficult working for a foreign company, the time zones differed so it was difficult communicating in a timely manner
Pros
company supplied Bagels on payday
Cons
challenging communication
Good Company to wk for.
Sr. Buyer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 10, 2015
Thales Avionics is a very interesting place to work because they manufacture the T.V.'s that go in airplanes. Most of the people that work there are friendly and knowledgeable. I was a Temp for 13 months and enjoyed working there most of the time.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Foreign Management
Productive and Great Company
Financial Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 6, 2015
Great team of employees that make working with one another pleasurable. The environment and company being great makes it a fun place to work and enjoy.
Great Place
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 23, 2015
This was a great place to work, but when I left they were having trouble keeping their client pool high enough. The work schedule was great but right before releases the company would panic and ask us to come in on the weekends and do overtime. As a bonus if we worked on the weekends they would buy us lunch.
Good place to work with good benefits.
Maintenance Controller I (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 7, 2015
Good place to work with a good life balance. The benefits are good, especially the vacation and holiday package. I would recommend this company.
Benefits
Great US Team
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Totowa, NJJuly 11, 2015
The US Team was/is wonderful. Great people, focused on their careers but always willing to help. Smart, intelligent and a pleasure to be around.
Pros
Professional, communicative, You will know where you stand
Cons
French based
Fun productive place
Production Line Scheduler II (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 16, 2015
When I think of Thales, I think of the wonderful people I worked for and with for half a year. My manager and co-workers were very supportive. They do promote work life balance and is flexible...great place to work for if you have a family. As long as you perform at a high level and show initiative, they will work with you. I've seen many employees move on to bigger and better (or even just something different) things within the company. I believe in companies who believe in their people!
Can't say anything bad about the place
Intern (Current Employee) –  MelbourneJune 30, 2015
What a wonderful company. You wish you worked here. We have a hot chocolate machine, lots of tea and a ping pong table. The company is on a mission for greatness and they're getting closer daily.