The ACI Group

The ACI Group United States Employee Reviews

Great place for driven individuals
Sales (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: great process, strong reputation, mentoring leadership
Cons: hard work
ACI is a place that has a great reputation in the market for finding its clients the best IT talent in the market. The senior leadership has over 15 years of experience in the industry and is very well thought of by their clients which makes it easier to fill positions than in other companies. They challenge their employees but also reward them with aggressive comp and a very cool atmosphere in which to work. They ask a lot from everyone and it fosters a strong team atmosphere because of it and that shows from many long term friendships that have grown from people who've worked there.
The opportunity is there, make what you want of it...
Business Development (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: location, commission structure, work life balance, support, guidance, opportunity
If you are the type of employee who can be self sufficient and work hard on your own without micromanagement, this is the perfect atmosphere for you. Everyone is provided with plenty of opportunity and support, which means you can make what you want of it as long as your don't working hard and being accountable for yourself.
ACI is a GREAT place to work!
Recruiter (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: great benefits, incentives, team atmosphere, great office space
I have worked as a recruiter at The ACI Group for several years and I must disagree with the earlier negative reviews. I have found the management to be very friendly and helpful in my career. I don’t get a chance to speak to the CEO much, but he’s always friendly and I can’t imagine him telling me, or anyone else to “get back to work”. My bosses are all great, my pay is above what other friends of mine in the industry are making and we are growing, so there is real opportunity here. I can only guess that the negative reviews were sour grapes by recruiters who were fired.
Low Pay, Terrible Team
Recruiter (Former Employee), baltimoreSeptember 18, 2012
Cons: the people
A typical day at work involves walking into the office and usually passing by the CEOs office who will either never speak to you or tell you to get to work (not kidding). Next you will walk to your isolated desk and start working on jobs that are often do not even exist. There is usually a morning meeting to discuss your progress. It is a very "cliquey" atmosphere and the account managers do not help people to succeed. Those who are successful there do not help or share best practices, instead they are pretty discouraging and use mass emails and other low quality/high production techniques to generate candidates. By doing this they claim lots of candidates, and often email disqualified folks which sends red flags to candidates about ACI. The Account Managers are also ver difficult to work with. A senior female account manager prides herself in being "hard to get along with" and thinks she is smarter than everyone in the office. It's very obnoxious. The management is very bad also, the sales mgr is OK but the recruiting mgr has got to be the worst communicator, most awkward person I have ever met. I sincerely would caution those who are considering working here or at least inquire about turnover rates before you do so. Out of about 15 people there a year ago, 9-10 are gone either by choice or being fired. Also pay is very bad as well, I hate being so negative but it is awful. 35K base + no commission bc it's very hard to come by with the previously mentioned factors. Very difficult to succeed here for factors that are out of your control. Best of luck.
awful
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 6, 2012
Pros: nice office
Cons: everything else
i would not recommend working here.
I will say it is a really nice office in a good area BUT it's not worth it.
The management is horrible- they have no training set up, they are completely disorganized, the pay sucks because no one makes commission or closes jobs.
Everyone I know who has worked there has hated it and left.
Very high turnover.