The Active Network Employee Reviews

Tough Place to work
Director, Digital Media (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2017
If you work in the main headquarters, there is some type of culture. I was remote, so could not speak to community. Our Media team was not a major focus of the company. Present Management does not understand the advertising business.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 5, 2017
Loved working here. Great leadership and many opportunities for upward mobility. Great company culture. Fantastic leadership throughout company - some of the best managers I've ever had the opportunity to learn from.
Decent potential if you can navigate with patience.
Market Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 19, 2017
Great product & decent salary.

Work days 8-5 or 9-6 with hour lunch break and a couple 15 minute breaks. Decent managers but overall poor higher up leadership. Hardest part of the job is not getting distracted with changing comp plan, office politics from layoffs and firings, poor CRM & call lists, unrealistic quotas, changing expectations, & micro management.
Pros
Great product, modern technology, ping pong table, decent salary.
Cons
Short breaks, micro management, low job security, unrealistic quota, unorganized, constant changing commission structure.
great place to work
Reservation Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CAMarch 22, 2017
This company was a very good place To work. Training was excellant and they made sure you were well prepared. The trainers, supervisor and managers were always available to assist. I enjoyed my stay and learned alot.
Pros
great work enviroment
Cons
too nshort, wish I could have stayed longer, job only seasonal
Great workplace, management is lacking
Client Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TxSeptember 22, 2015
Great people to work with and provides a great work/life balance. However, the company was recently bought out and the new management is lacking. Recently moved to Texas from California, and did a huge hiring spree. Continued hiring for positions while simultaneously doing layoffs since they hired too many people. Great benefits, decent pay.
Pros
Free bagels on Firdays
Cons
Management is lacking
Productive and fun workplace
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 15, 2014
work hard play hard culture
great coworkers
management open to ideas and eager to coach you to achieve professional goals
Pros
Free breakfast Fridays, casual dress code, onsite workouts and workout facility, great people
Cons
high turnover regardless of great culture
Inspirational Company, but acquired business unit was not a good fit
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Avon, COOctober 10, 2014
The Active Network has an incredible mix of products and people that have made the company a success. I joined their team via an acquisition and unfortunately the line of business I was a part of did not align tightly with the rest of the organization. Investments to the product, employees and customers have not been made.

My customers were the most incredible aspect of my experience at The Active Network. Many of the relationships I had spanned 10+ years and I believe my customers know I did my best every single day.
Pros
Flexible, Exercise, Products
Cons
Business Unit Leadership
Great people
Online Account Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 28, 2014
I've been lucky to have worked with talented group of fun and hard working people over the past six years. These colleagues make this company such a great place to work at.
Pros
Work/life balance, great colleagues
Cons
Many changes in leadership over six years
In a state of change, but heading in the right direction
Sales (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 8, 2014
company is going through a constant state of change after acquisition. However, key management is up and coming with the right tools and planning to make the new company vision work.
Pros
the people, the vision, career opportunity
Cons
product needs updating, internal company communication is lacking, processes can drudge down company time
ACTIVE started out so promising... what happened?
Sales, SMB (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COMarch 25, 2014
The only consistent metric over the past 6-months is the requirement to make 50 outbound sales calls daily with a CRM instance that is completely inadequate. The sales staff has no way to determine who is or is not a customer.

I've learned that "hope" and health benefits is the only thing keeping me with this company.

Upper management is silo'd and has no idea what is going on with the product, customer satisfaction or operations.

Mid-management did a great job hiring, because my co-workers are FANTASTIC! Really talented group, but leaving quickly.

The hardest part about my job is trying to support a product that is deteriorating and using a CRM instance that is useless.

The most enjoyable part about my job is talking to customers who are still excited about the product and haven't been affected by product bugs (yet).
Pros
Amazing co-workers & great health benefits. The ACTIVEx exercise program WAS wonderful..
Cons
Inadequate CRM, plethora of customer service issues, product bugs, upper management is clueless, poor work/life balance, unethical behavior on the sales teams.
Not the ideal spot
Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 22, 2014
Nobody at this company has a sense of other people's time, especially management. No work/life balance and it's all about "what have you done for me lately" no matter how much work you put in.

There is management by fear here and speaking out about it does nothing. Active had a great culture when I started but that is slowly being killed by management. Do not go here if you can avoid it.
Active is a bad investment
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 21, 2014
Work life balance is off the rails 10-14 hour days especially with everything moving to China. Worst management team especially those from Monster, that name fits, manage by fear/intimidation old school factory thinking not worthy of a supposed technology firm.

I enjoyed the products, the sports environment and the folks that got things done.

I had reaffirmed that there are great people to learn from in every company and found some. I also saw first hand how people get promoted/put into positions they can't handle professionally or emotionally.

Hardest part of the job is constant A.D.D. of "leadership" team. Even more so watching talented enthusiastic people get beaten down within months. Such a waste of time, talent and potential. Sad really.
Pros
Great physical facility
Cons
No appreciate for work done well in spite of the roadblocks created by the management team
All in all a great place to work
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 4, 2014
Great place to work, superior leadership and sales coaching.
Pros
Great Compensation
Cons
Lack of structure
The culture is what made this place great - but its changing...
sales (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 14, 2014
ACTIVE has always been about work/life balance however many of the founders that held that as a core value have left and the new management doesn't seem to value this as much. That said, pay is not great but when the atmosphere is at its best, employees see past it.
Pros
ACTIVEx
Cons
Constant changes, bad technology investment/development
A great place to work!
Inbound Response/Lead Generation Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 7, 2014
ACTIVE has been great to work at, and I have thoroughly enjoyed my time there. The sales team is very metric driven, and always has their eye on the bottom line. It is promoted to go after deals that "make sense" rather than trying to put a round peg in a square hole.
Simple Work For Unprofessional Management
Client Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INDecember 8, 2013
This was a typical phone support tech job: a daily grind consisting of responding to emails and answering calls relating to software issues on the client's part. It's a middle man position that is mainly in charge of continued education for clients--actual software related fixes are passed to another team. Immediate team was capable and easy-going.

The managers for this role seemed incompetent at their jobs. Did not inform their employees of work quality or issues that may arise. This created severe problems.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Repetitive, Lacking Management
Ok position
RESERVATION AGENT (Current Employee) –  Work at homeNovember 19, 2013
Easy position
Dealing with mean people over the phone.
Repetitive work.
Pros
Work at home
Productive and Free Spirited Workplace
Program Manager - Wellness (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 11, 2013
- flexible work hours
- promotes and encourages an active lifestyle
Worst company on the face of the planet.
Some IT Guy (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 5, 2013
If you're looking for a job, I would not walk but RUN AWAY from Active Network. From the top down, this company is in a state of utter disrepair. Management has no idea what they are doing, their infrastructure is the laughing stock of services company and most of their employees hate not just the management but the company as a whole.
Not Much Pay
Work-At-Home Call Agent (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 10, 2013
Pay was very low, but as far as expectations, they were not high. They tried to get upsell into this, but it is not a realistic incentive.
Pros
easy job
Cons
low pay