The Advisory Board Company

The Advisory Board Company Employee Reviews

A great value-driven company undergoing continuous restructuring
Leadership Role (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 19, 2017
If you love healthcare and providing excellent service to members, this is a great place to work. The company believes in its mission and works hard to achieve it. It's a company very open to work-life balance and is a leader in social diversity and community impact.

There's been a lot of turn over and corporate restructuring in recent years which tends to undermine job security and culture while creating a self-promoting 'what have you done for me lately' culture. It's a great place to start a career and grow, but less opportunities exist for experienced professionals.
Exciting culture and innovative minds
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 9, 2017
Really great place to work for mid-level professionals. Everyone is very bright and eager to learn more each day. It has a start-up mentality and culture, but is an established company.
Great benefits and colleagues
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 8, 2017
Best benefits of any company I've ever worked for. The colleagues are all great and aren't out to get you. The company is going through some organizational changes right now while they figure out their corporate strategy but give them a year or two and this will be a solid employer to work for.
Kind of rocky right now
Technical Trainer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 5, 2017
It's kind of a rocky environment right now. When I started, there was a largely younger party atmosphere. Today, the first week into the new year, we're looking at lay offs.
A great place to work
Dedicated Advisor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 5, 2016
This company has wonderful growth opportunities for young professionals seeking employment in Health Care or Higher Education.
I enjoy my position and workplace
Member (Current Employee) –  varies each monthOctober 22, 2016
Working retail is like a surprise party, you never know what to expect but it will be wonderful
When a customer enters the store I assist them with their every need, if it be a small gift for themselves, a gift for a special occasion, or a corporate gift.
Personal service is key to customer service and it pleases me to provide it!
Pros
working together as a unit for the greater good
Extremely smart people
Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 17, 2016
I can honestly say that the people at the Advisory Board are the smartest I've ever worked with. They're very technically savvy and interacting with them is pleasant (especially from my position in IT). The business processes are somewhat outdated, but we're working to change them. I'm very bullish on the future of ABC.
Great place to start a career
Sales and Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 4, 2016
I've loved working here. I would recommend anyone looking for place to start their career to look here. They are very fast, and systems oriented, and also offer great training. Very selective though.
My Experience at The Advisory Board Company
Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 5, 2016
I was only an intern at the company for little over a month and a half last summer... but I had a great experience working for such a high end company for the first time.
Great job, disappointing management
Marketing Associate, Performance Technologies (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCJuly 9, 2016
Company is filled with many bright and talented individuals. Training and onboarding are rapid and do not allow for an adjustment period. Management, unfortunately, likes to micro-manage. Benefits package is robust and more than generous. "Work/Life Balance" is touted often, but you are judged for not making your job part of your life.
Pros
Benefits, younger demographic, exposure to lots of high level people in the firm
Cons
no work/life balance, micro-management, entry level is mostly just busy work and sales
Fun place to work
Specialist, Account Management (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 24, 2016
Fun place to work but definitely will have some growing pains. Need to work a lot of overtime for a very minimum salary. Will learn a lot and get support that you need but it is not the best place to work.
Pros
fun trips
awesome
Director of Management Consulting Revenue Cycle (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 29, 2016
great place to work for. lots of opportunity for someone with no experience in the work place. Lots of vacation, not enough time t take them.
Pros
opportunity
Good place to work, financial struggles and actively outsource to Chennai
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 19, 2016
Over the 3 years I've worked at the company it has struggled to transition from a startup to a larger organization. Lot of the fun qualities that attracted top talent have left, along with the talent. The software is facing scaling issues and lacks the flexibility needed to stay competitive in the current market.
Pros
Flex hours
Cons
Outsource to Chennai, Overworked services in US
Great pace to work
Associate Director - Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 18, 2016
Advisory Board is a great place to grow your career. You're going to be around highly motivated, and intelligent people, who are also there to see your succeed.
Great Company, extended growing pains
Senior Director, Product Management (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 2, 2016
A sincere company that earnestly wants to be as good as it can b, but is in conflict between product and service driven priorities.
Great Culture - Low Pay and Difficult Work Life Balance
Dedicated Analysy (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 24, 2016
Great culture with brilliant employees, everyone is incredibly hard working but can make it difficult to maintain a reasonable workload. Salaries are quite low
Fun work place, great culture
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 21, 2016
Great culture and intelligent bunch of people to work with. Great opportunities for career advancement. Great benefits and paid time off. Only con that I can think of is that the compensation is a little low for entry level jobs.
Pros
Culture, people
Cons
Work life balance, Compensations
Good benefits, relaxed culture
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 18, 2016
Great benefits, working with smart, great people. Can work from home, lots of PTO days. Management was chaotic, and they kept incompetent people around for way too long.
Nominated, but board did not meet during my tenure
Member, Advisory Board (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 29, 2016
I did not serve directly on this board as the contract that I was working under expired prior to a meeting being held. The board was created to assess and recommend projects for the school.
Collaborative culture
Other (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 26, 2016
Difficult for career advancement for non-consulting positions. Transparency in communication of expectations across multiple areas is lacking. Collaborative working space. Benefits include typical health benefits, but also include gym memberships, healthy life hours, and community impact hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Advisory Board Company. Our community is ready to answer.