The Advisory Board Company

The Advisory Board Company Employee Reviews in United States

Fun place to work
Specialist, Account Management (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 24, 2016
Fun place to work but definitely will have some growing pains. Need to work a lot of overtime for a very minimum salary. Will learn a lot and get support that you need but it is not the best place to work.
Pros
fun trips
awesome
Director of Management Consulting Revenue Cycle (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 29, 2016
great place to work for. lots of opportunity for someone with no experience in the work place. Lots of vacation, not enough time t take them.
Pros
opportunity
Good place to work, financial struggles and actively outsource to Chennai
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 19, 2016
Over the 3 years I've worked at the company it has struggled to transition from a startup to a larger organization. Lot of the fun qualities that attracted top talent have left, along with the talent. The software is facing scaling issues and lacks the flexibility needed to stay competitive in the current market.
Pros
Flex hours
Cons
Outsource to Chennai, Overworked services in US
Great pace to work
Associate Director - Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 18, 2016
Advisory Board is a great place to grow your career. You're going to be around highly motivated, and intelligent people, who are also there to see your succeed.
Great Company, extended growing pains
Senior Director, Product Management (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 2, 2016
A sincere company that earnestly wants to be as good as it can b, but is in conflict between product and service driven priorities.
Great Culture - Low Pay and Difficult Work Life Balance
Dedicated Analysy (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 24, 2016
Great culture with brilliant employees, everyone is incredibly hard working but can make it difficult to maintain a reasonable workload. Salaries are quite low
Fun work place, great culture
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 21, 2016
Great culture and intelligent bunch of people to work with. Great opportunities for career advancement. Great benefits and paid time off. Only con that I can think of is that the compensation is a little low for entry level jobs.
Pros
Culture, people
Cons
Work life balance, Compensations
Good benefits, relaxed culture
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 18, 2016
Great benefits, working with smart, great people. Can work from home, lots of PTO days. Management was chaotic, and they kept incompetent people around for way too long.
Nominated, but board did not meet during my tenure
Member, Advisory Board (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 29, 2016
I did not serve directly on this board as the contract that I was working under expired prior to a meeting being held. The board was created to assess and recommend projects for the school.
Collaborative culture
Other (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 26, 2016
Difficult for career advancement for non-consulting positions. Transparency in communication of expectations across multiple areas is lacking. Collaborative working space. Benefits include typical health benefits, but also include gym memberships, healthy life hours, and community impact hours.
Good place to start
Senior Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 4, 2015
Great work place to start right our of college. Everyone is super young, including management. Which is a draw-back. Once you're no longer interested in an entry-level position, it is extremely difficult.
Review
Business Analyst, Implementation, CPRM (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 25, 2015
Great people. Bad work/life balance. Decent managers that are transparent. A lot of work but good experience if you are a new graduate entering the workforce.
A great company that loves to take care of its employees
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 15, 2015
Working for Crimson, the Austin-based subsidiary of the Advisory board, can be pretty rewarding. The office is modern, the people are smart, and there is potential to do exciting work. However, the company struggles with product acquisitions and working on one of those teams can be a nightmare. The company also struggles with its upper level management and strategies and during my time there I witnessed a lot of wasted money and effort because of meaningless corporate politics and misguided decisions. Finally, managers and directors talked a big game when it came to creating a solution for data analytics in the healthcare space but never showed or proved that they had even the slightest clue as to actually creating a marketable product in this category.
Pros
Nice Office, Nice people
Cons
Poor upper level management, Deceiving bonus system, Corporate politics, bad corporate strategies
This was 2 day work session
participant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IndianaOctober 11, 2015
The purpose of the one advisory board was to improve communication, access to care and collaboration with other colleagues who were nurse educators to improve the MYO program
Pros
Netwoking
Cons
none except nothing every became of our recommendations
Fun place to work but the compensation is unreasonable
Associate (Former Employee) –  DCAugust 1, 2015
ABC is a fun place to work with great benefits and trips involved. They make it sound pretty glamorous as far as advancement, chanting that in 8-12 months with internal internship experience and great performance you are for sure going to get promoted and in turn make a high a salary... don't believe it.

They find an "excuse" to deny almost every promotion, and hand out performance plans to ever entry level employee
Pros
Food, environment, culture
Cons
compensation, advancement, management
A day in concierge
Administrative Coordinator/Concierge (Current Employee) –  Washington DCJune 22, 2015
A day in the concierge position is never Typical! anything can happen and anyone can come off of the elevator. You have to be aware of your surroundings and always one step ahead!
Oh how I used to love my job here...
Senior Director (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 6, 2015
I started with ABC years ago in their Performance Technologies division (a software startup that was acquired by ABC). In those days I raved about the company- the culture, people, opportunities, interesting work and supportive management.

Year after year as I advanced into more senior roles and the startup we were became more corporate and ABC executive leadership took over more of the decision-making, I steadily became less engaged and eventually completely miserable. ABC is founded in research and unfortunately not in touch with the actual software portion of the business. All too many times rapid growth and aggressive sales decisions were made with little regard to long term scalability and as a result, the technical side of the company is struggling severely to maintain the profits of the early years and budgets are being cut heavily. Executives are out of touch with the major challenges that the technology teams face, and are promoting and hiring managers who are not equipped to overcome these technical challenges and/or not effective leaders. There are still some very talented people working in Performance Technologies, but many are seeing the same issues and learning that there isn't a good path forward and leaving for other opportunities. I strongly advise looking elsewhere (at a minimum, steer clear of the software side of the business).
Pros
Met and worked with some extremely talented people, advanced in title quickly and regularly in the early years
Cons
Eventually hit a wall in terms of professional growth, management out of touch with technology business challenges, lack of support in execution of goals from executive management, promotions and goals are inconsistent across the business, lack of cohesive operations across product lines, Austin team culture suffering from corporate changes
It's really nice place to work
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  washington,DCJune 1, 2015
It's nice to work here I learned so many new things, place to grow and achieved my goals. I worked with a good team and my team is really supportive including my QA manager and QA team lead. Sometimes the deadlines are too tight, but we delivered everything on time because we worked as a team. I enjoyed learning and testing on a new environment (microstrategy).
Decent job atmosphere good people but constant threat of firing
Data Quality Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 27, 2015
The early hours and eight hour days are nice. Generally the management is good and balanced--however there is a glaring problem of inconsistent direction between four different team leads. Also, the very high turnover and frequent firing due to inability to meet what is touted as a low quota indicate a lack of respect for individuals and disconnect from the actual difficulty of performing the job and meeting the quota
Pros
Good hours, generally friendly atmosphere
Cons
Inconsistent management, high quotas, high turnover
Fun Place to work
Performance Technologies Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington DCMarch 30, 2015
Good place to start in and gain experience in an entry level role. Not much room to grow and the salary is absurdly low for majority of positions

2.9