The Advocator Group Employee Reviews

Not a great experience
Finance Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MASeptember 28, 2017
A typical day at work was doing my work responsibilities the way I was trained. Then being told I did that job wrong. I don't have too much good to say about this company or job.
Pros
free parking
Cons
Everything Else
Client Advocate
Client Advocate (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MAJuly 25, 2017
No opportunity for advancement, the whole company is notified as to whether your absence is planned or unplanned, no maternity leave, no flexibility regarding hours, no separate vacation time, bad employee retention rate, large work load with unfair compensation, constant new management, etc.
A relaxed environment with great teammates
Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, MAJune 27, 2017
A day at work is normally high volume, with scanning and batching forms, processing as well as meeting metric goals. Making sure that buckets/categories of work are completed in a timely manner. As well as, updating the LTD carriers about their claimants updates with SSDI. I enjoy being on a hardworking team, who can pull each others weight even if we are down a few co-workers. The company is always positive in growth, even if numbers are low.
Pros
Long lunch
Cons
Pto
I would go back to work here if i didn't pursue education in another field
Client Advocate (Former Employee) –  Longwood, FLMay 25, 2017
Good pay, long break, but a lot of back to back phone calls constantly. You are helping people and that feels great and most will appreciate you for what you do including management. Must keep in mind that the clientele is sick, elderly, and disabled so phone calls may be long and drawn out and the conversations can be sad. Some phone calls will be aggressive, but management will be there to help out in the event of an escalation.
Pros
long break, good start pay, ability to work overtime, some commission can be earned
Cons
shifts felt like 12 hours due to the high volume of calls, will feel like you are short staffed everyday
Decent place to work but poor management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Longwood, FLMay 16, 2017
A typical day at work was answering calls from clients and SSA reps.The job is not difficult at all..the company/management makes the job harder than it should be.Management (lack of) at the Florida office is horrible.
The company overall is not a bad company to work for.The CEO and COO are very friendly and are always looking for ways to improve.The company provides a paid for trip to Massachusetts every year,which is very nice.
Overall,The Advocator Group is a decent place to work.My only suggestion would be to invest in the management at the Florida location.
Pros
free breakfast on Friday, Company meeting in Mass is great.
Cons
no breaks, no team huddles, no feedback on job performance, poor training
Okay company to work for out of College
Client Advocate (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, MAApril 28, 2017
This is not a long-term type of job. I LOVE my co-workers. But this job truly drains you. No excitement or looking forward to new things everyday because it's all repetitive.
Pros
Hour lunch, Bagel Fridays, Company activities
Mail Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, MAMarch 18, 2017
Great location, Amazing company with a focus for their costumers and employees. Sr staff are hands on and treat employees very well. I would refer others to work here.
Bias reviews. I love it here!
Client Advocate (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, MAAugust 2, 2016
I'm not sure why The Advocator Group isn't getting the credit they deserve! I've been working here for a few months now and I have no complaints. Yes, policies change. But only because they are being innovative, listening to their employees, making an effort to increase productivity and bottom line: help their claimants get through the SSDI process as fast as possible! I've also have never felt or seen any favoritism. We all work very hard to get the job done and if it shows they will give credit when is due. Also, they make sure you are extremely trained and confident before you are on the floor. I've never worked for a company that cared for their employees and their claimants as much as they do.
Pros
Senior management that listen and friendly work environment
Cons
You're sitting for most of the day.
Look elsewhere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MAMarch 18, 2016
It is a very hostile work environment Management, micromanages everybody, unless you are one of their 'favorites" who fink on other employees. No consistent policies, what one manager does, another might not. Never really know what is expected of you because of the constant change in policies, never get use to one way. It is a revolving door with employees being fired or leaving because they just can't take the attitudes of management, . Very low morale, most employees want out. 25 employees applied for one job. Lost 9 employees in just weeks. It is all about money, the don't care about their employees or claimants..
Pros
Once a great training department
Cons
Management, Executives, unqualified people hired. very hostile place to work and not support from management.

Comment – May 3, 2016

What this person say's is very true. HOSTILE Enviroment! Favoritism to the point of ridiculous. No two managers have the same policies. Revolving door is putting it simple! About 150 in two years, most fired and not told why they are being fired, STAY AWAY

Micro-Management at it's finest!
Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MADecember 3, 2015
Easily, one of the most dysfunctional companies. Do not work here if you are educated, have career goals or are looking for a company to advance in. This place is micro-managed from the top down. There is no incentive to work hard or even do your job at times. Managers/leaders/CEO's don't care about their employees as long as they are making money nothing else matters
Pros
Free bagels on Friday
Cons
everything from management, co-workers, benefits, CEO/President, workload, type of work etcc
Fun and productive culture with huge focus on the well being of others.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, MANovember 11, 2015
Good place to develop your career and sharpen your communication and people skills. It is a quickly growing and competitive industry and this company is not far off from the competition.
Challenging Environment
Account Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 29, 2015
The Advocator Group challenges each employee to perform at their peak. They regard honesty above all else. They reinforce the value of a strong moral character by working in an unbiased and transparent manner that earns trust from those around us. The motto is to always “do the right thing.”
Pros
I have total autonomy on my managed work load.
Cons
There can be a break down in communication because of the distance.
Not recommended
Client Advocate (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MASeptember 11, 2015
This is not a company I would recommend to anyone to work for. It is unclear as to what direction the company wants to go in. Far too many changes in format in the 2 years I worked there.
Pros
Free Parking, 1 hour lunch, Bagel Fridays
Cons
Grossly understaffed. Overwhelming workload
very demanding job and super micro managed
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MAJune 8, 2015
clock in the morning clock out for lunch clock back in from lunch and clock out when you leave for the day. Your basically a robot there and the managers are just there to make their managers happy.
Pros
none whatsoever
Cons
very unhappy working environment- very healthy
Great Place to work
Client Advocate (Current Employee) –  Wakefield MASeptember 4, 2014
I love working at The Advocator Group, it is a positive and fun work environment, the people you work with definitely make the day go by faster! I can honestly say I love what I do as a client advocate and find it so rewarding.

In a Typical work day I am on the phone for probably 95% of the day, answering client questions and returning emails and voice mails as well as completing scheduled appointments. Being able to Multitask is a must!

What I have come to learn while working with The Advocator Group is the Social Security Disability process is a lengthy and stressful process, not only for our clients but for the advocate role. I am still young where I can start to really prepare for the future, because like most of my clients say " I didn't think this would ever happen to me" and its the scary truth it can happen to anyone at any point and time where you may not be able to return to work, and forced into the government system you pay into but never thought you may need... and its hard to see that you have paid into a benefit for years, for it to be there for you IF you need it and it be a fight to get what you deserve.

A Client Advocate may sound like just another voice on the other end of the phone and we only say what we say because we have to but we are human and we care for our clients and don't get coached or trained on how to be compassionate, I have 450 clients and emotionally its tough to hear the struggle but its important to stay positive and optimistic. I tell my clients every day I'm here to take that stress and anxiety out of this process for you and
  more... stay positive when you feel like you cant, they are extremely appreciative for it.

Management is a work in progress, we as a company are still young and trying to find what structure works and what type of person works in this business. When I feel like I want to give up someone always tells me hang in there change is coming and I put my faith in that and in 1 year things have started to changed. Change doesn't happen over night and I trust the leadership development team and everything they stand for in trying to make the company a better place for the employees and our clients.

My Co- workers are great, You have to like what you do and like the people you work with you spend so much time with them they are like a second family! Its great to be able to laugh with my cube buddies when you get off a tough call.

The hardest part of the job is probably caseload, Its not unmanageable but its getting to that point where we are able to maintain and not have backlog.. Again a work in progress the Management and supervisors are actively working to help ALL client advocates get caught up.

Overall I love my job,I Love the people I work with and plan on staying with The Advocator Group for many years.
Pros
Positive Work Environment, Decent Pay
Cons
Unsure
Fast-pacde company with aggressive goals.
OTR Law Clerk/Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MAJune 28, 2014
every day is overloaded with work to the extent that co-workers communication nearly impossible.
Stable small/medium business
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MADecember 26, 2013
Stable small/medium business. I learned a lot from the owner.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Stress
Don't listen to the positive reviews. They got paid to write good reviews!
Claim Specialist  (Former Employee) –  Wakefield May 21, 2013
Notice all the positive reviews were written with 3 days of each other?!?! Isn't that SUSPICIOUS?

One of the positive reviews stated upper management is not there to be your best friend. Yes, that is true, BUT that doesn't mean they can treat their employees like DIRT. Upper management only cares about money, again yes as they should. But what about their PRINCIPALS, MORAL, and VALUES? The advocator group does not live up to any of these standards, not even the bare minimum.

Every business wants to success. True, but this is where The advocator group fails miserable. Their management and internal structure is one of the worse by far, hence HIGH TURN OVER! when a company is successful, you will notice good retention, low turn over rate, and former employees proud to stay by the company. Let me bring your attention to all the negative posts. Notice a pattern? If you say bad management, greedy people, and unprofessionalism you get a good star.

Therefore, let's help our society by looking at jobs elsewhere and help good companies with good morale grow.

Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Poor core values, principals, and horrible management
Not the Best but Not the Worst
Client Advocate (Former Employee) –  Longwood, FLMay 20, 2013
I am here to give an honest review of the company. I was amongst the 4 individuals who were hired to start the Longwood location. In the beginning all seemed to be great with the company. The training with the Director of Client Services along with the trainer was really laid back and informative with the use of lots of Web Ex presentations. They promoted a good working environment.

The work load was not bad. There were even a few "surprise" early days around the holidays. There were sometimes a few bumps in the road with trying to get a correct answer. But after asking 2-3 different managers and a few peers eventually the answer came about.

The issue in the Longwood office was the MANAGEMENT or the lack there of. The manager that was hired was not focused on the success of the office but moreso in making herself look good. She talked a good talk but couldn't support it. She made it known that she felt inferior to her employees because of their age and education levels. There were times were she would break under pressure and be found crying or taking her frustrations out on her employees (yelling). Now this became an issue when her behavior was reported but the reports were ignored or the person reporting was told to consider how the manager must feel. I understand the responsibility of supporting your staff, but shouldn't the director and VP want to know exactly what's going on instead of just taking the word of one person?? That sounds logical but not quite what happened.

Overall The Advocator Group seems to be a good company looking at the Wakefield
  more... office. However it just appears that the correct manager was not selected to lead the Longwood office. Wishing the company and Longwood office much success as my short tenure there opened bigger and better doors.  less
Pros
bagels and coffee on friday, coworkers, holidays
Cons
management of the Longwood office
Did not enjoy my experience at The Advocator Group
Claims (Former Employee) –  Wakefiled MAMay 11, 2013
I felt they were not genuinely caring about their cause, but focused on making money. They cherry picked claims to represent and didn't help those in need. Management was not in touch.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Workplace environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Advocator Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6