The Advocator Group

The Advocator Group Employer Reviews

Not the Best but Not the Worst
Client Advocate (Former Employee), Longwood, FLMay 20, 2013
Pros: bagels and coffee on friday, coworkers, holidays
Cons: management of the longwood office
I am here to give an honest review of the company. I was amongst the 4 individuals who were hired to start the Longwood location. In the beginning all seemed to be great with the company. The training with the Director of Client Services along with the trainer was really laid back and informative with the use of lots of Web Ex presentations. They promoted – more... a good working environment.

The work load was not bad. There were even a few "surprise" early days around the holidays. There were sometimes a few bumps in the road with trying to get a correct answer. But after asking 2-3 different managers and a few peers eventually the answer came about.

The issue in the Longwood office was the MANAGEMENT or the lack there of. The manager that was hired was not focused on the success of the office but moreso in making herself look good. She talked a good talk but couldn't support it. She made it known that she felt inferior to her employees because of their age and education levels. There were times were she would break under pressure and be found crying or taking her frustrations out on her employees (yelling). Now this became an issue when her behavior was reported but the reports were ignored or the person reporting was told to consider how the manager must feel. I understand the responsibility of supporting your staff, but shouldn't the director and VP want to know exactly what's going on instead of just taking the word of one person?? That sounds logical but not quite what happened.

Overall The Advocator Group seems to be a good company looking at the Wakefield office. However it just appears that the correct manager was not selected to lead the Longwood office. Wishing the company and Longwood office much success as my short tenure there opened bigger and better doors. – less
Did not enjoy my experience at The Advocator Group
Claims (Former Employee), Wakefiled MAMay 11, 2013
Pros: salary
Cons: workplace environment
I felt they were not genuinely caring about their cause, but focused on making money. They cherry picked claims to represent and didn't help those in need. Management was not in touch.
Disappointed in this company
Case advocator (Former Employee), Wakefield, maMay 1, 2013
Cons: management needs help!
I have left this company about 4 months ago and decided to share my opinion about this place. I believe there are few sincere hearts working at the company. As for everyone else, they are filled with greed and would not hesitate to put a knife in your back. I said this because one of my co-workers was fired. I over heard our manager yelling at her. – more... To be honest I was scared for her too. I can not recall ever hearing a manager raising their voice at another staff. Upper management of course only listened to what our manager had to say and what manager said was the truth. Upper management doesn't care about their workers. After what I have heard and seen with my own two eyes, I immediately look for another job.

I have read all the positive feedbacks about this company. Lol It made me laugh because it appeared the company's image is very poor and managements took it upon themselves to write te best reviews they can to boost their image. Come on now, who would wrote about companys moral. Its obvious to me that it was written bu some managers.

One of the reviews stated great work place to many opportunities. Hands down that's false! It's all dead end positions! You start with one dead end and you rotate to another dead end. The only time you move up is when you master the arts of kissing butts.

I'm glad I'm not there anymore. And strongly advise anyone who is interested in working for this company to really reconsider other options. Two thumbs down for this company!! – less
Great place to work! Seriously!
Claim Specialist (Current Employee), Wakefield MaApril 26, 2013
I am frankly shocked at the negative reviews The Advocator Group has on here. I have worked for this company for many years. I would not still be here if this was not a good company to work for. The people that are hostile about this company in the reviews below are that way because they were fired. They did not have core values, good work ethic and – more... most of all could not keep up with the pace. We are VERY busy here. Which in my eyes is good. Days fly by. Of course you will have a bad day here and there but that happens with every job. Management is very supportive. We have AMAZING upper management that you learn so much from. They are always there to take time out of their day just to talk to you. It doesn't even have to be about work. All other managers here are fantastic to. Everyone is so friendly here. I can't think of anyone I don't enjoy working with every day. We are like a family here. We also have an great training program. There are so many of us that take time out of our busy days just to sit one on one with people so they can learn the job. The support system here is also great. You have questions, just ask! Everyone wants to help you. Yes health insurance isnt the best but it could be a lot worse. At least you are covered. We have company outings, specials lunches, and other surprises for doing well as a company. We are for sure taken care of here. I love working for The Advocator Group and you will too! – less
Great Management, Culture and Values
Client Advocate (Current Employee), Wakefield, MAApril 26, 2013
Pros: employee appreciation
Cons: entry level pay
I have been with this company for 3 years, and have seen a lot of people come and go, and alot of change, ALL FOR THE BETTER! Anyone who is not here anymore, was simply not a fit for the company. It is definately not for everyone, you have to have a strong sense of compassion, high patience level and the ability to brush things off. However, being able – more... to help our claimants when they are in tough spots, and going through major life changes is so rewarding. They may get frustrated at times, but they are so appreciative.

Management is great, they do everything that they can to support you and meet with you one on one bi-weekly to discuss goals, and how things are going. They also genuinely care about what is going on OUTSIDE OF WORK in your life, which I feel is so rare. They are flexible with your schedule when need be. They also do alot of things for employee appreciation.

I definately think that rate of pay could be higher for what we deal with, and benefits could definately be better. But I do come into work every day with a smile on my face, which is huge.

I have never once have questioned my job security while being at the company. I come in, I work hard, I help out whoever I can whenever I can. As long as you are getting your work done and living by the companies core values which are humility, integrity, commitment, optimisim, learning and creativity, there is no reason to fear job security. Anyone who has been fired, has been for good reason. And anyone who has quit, this job unfortunately just wasnt for them.

I would highly reccommend working here. I feel very secure in my job, even more so knowing how much the company has grown and what positive changes have occured over my 3 years being here. Management backs you up 100%. COME JOIN OUR TEAM :) – less
Dont listen to those reviews!! This is a Great Place to Work!!!
Client Advocate (Current Employee), Wakefield, MAMarch 29, 2013
Pros: environment!
Cons: benefits could be a little better, but still not bad!!
So I read all the reviews on here and frankly I am disappointed. Every company has their pros and cons. This is a fairly new company and has grown so much since i have been here. Saying that the management is not good it NOT true at all. I have had four different managers here (not because of turnover, but because my positions changed) and they have – more... all be absolutely wonderful ! They are REAL people that understand your day to day tasks and work load. They are easy to talk to and very approachable. In regards to upper management not caring about their employees, I do not think that is necessarily true. Any company you work for is going to have upper management. Their job is to make sure the company succeeds, and that is what our management team does. It does come off that they are all very numbered based, BUT why shouldn't they be? They need to make sure we hit our goals and the company brings in as much profit as possible. Saying they don't care is not true. They have at least two company outings a year (which they dont have to do) they have lots of in office activities, happy hours, snack carts, and random "thank you" parties with food and beverage when we have a good month. Upper management is not here to be your best friend, they are here to do their jobs. In regards to the benefits.. they could be better.. but they could be a lot worse. I have worked for many companies before this and they are by far the best that I have worked for. I have made some of the best friends i will always have at this job. It is hard work working here. You are constantly busy and there is not a lot of down time. Of course there are going to be people you do not like working with, but come on, it is an office with cubicles filled with young adults. This is NOT a terrible place to work, it is a great place to work. Every company has problems, or issues. I feel like this company at least tries to identify and fix them. Nothing happens over night.... Please do not be discouraged by the bad reviews. Trust mine when I say that this is a great place to work. If you are looking for a fast paced environment, where there is room to grow, and you are helping people in the mean time then this company works for you. A lot of the people that posted are probably people that got fired. They do not just fire people to fire them. If this place isnt for you, and you cannot keep up with the fast paced environment then you shouldn't be working here. All in all, this is a great place to work and I hope to stay and grow with this company as much as possible. – less
Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere
CLIENT Advocate/PROCESS/CLAIMS Specialist (Former Employee), Wakefield MAFebruary 9, 2013
Pros: there are none once you really pay close attention to how things are done
Cons: job security
This company appears to have good morale and core values. However once you are there for a short period you will see that everyone is really just looking out for self. Dont be fooled by the happy hour treats, free lunches, alcohol on company time, etc. It sounds good but once the "newness" wears off it's a nightmare! There are no clear cut answers and – more... the training process is a joke to say the least. You may ask the same question to the 4 managers and get 4different answers. Then some of the managers are not to be trusted: if you are not willing to brown nose then you are in trouble from day one. Regardless of the situation the leadership team always sides with the managers and often won't hear what the employee has to say. To sum it up: you would be better off looking for a place that truly cares about the employees and not just the managers and the success of the company! – less
The worst company I've ever worked for!!
Claim specialist (Former Employee), WakefieldJanuary 29, 2013
Cons: managers have no management skills and pretends to be the know it all.
This company is by far the worst company I have ever worked for! Manager is horrible and hostile! She had no management skills, make up lies to sound like knows what she's doing. She always talk about herself and how good of a job she's doing, but never present her team work to upper management. Upper management doesn't care about their employees that's – more... why there's is such a high turn over rate! They preach so much about core values, but in reality they hold no valuable principle, core values, or good work ethics! I'm very disappointed in this company and it's completely false that they claim "to help individuals with disability". Likewise to the previous comments, you must kiss rear ends or you're fired. – less
TERRIBLE PLACE TO WORK
n/a (Former Employee), wakefieldNovember 16, 2012
Cons: hostile enviornment, terrible benefits
my experience at the advocator group was terrible. my boss micromanaged me to the point that i felt like i couldnt breathe without her saying something negative. constant weekly meetings telling me how terrible i was at my job because if the most microscopic mistakes. i am so thankful i am no longer in such a hostile environment and i hope my previous – more... boss gets a boss just like herself.

awful benefits by the way - worse than mass health. i expected more for a company that is all about helping disabled people.

no job security whatsoever, if you don't kiss your bosses rear end, you're out of there. – less
Friendly Environment, Young Work Force, Feel Good Work
Case Advocate (Current Employee), Wakefield, MADecember 1, 2011
The Advocator Group, formally Crowe, Paradis & Albren, is an advocacy firm that assists claimants in filing for Social Security Disability Benefits. Most of the positions are production level (i.e. working directly with claimants and Social Security via telephone, fax, e-mail and mail correspondence) in an effort to file people's Social Security Disability – more... claims quickly and with a positive outcome. There are many opportunities for growth and advancement both across departments and upward into supervisory and management positions. Pros- Great benefits packages, lots of entry-level opportunities, strong core values, lots of extra training to support your skills i.e. Suicide Awareness, Social Security Administration inner workings, etc. Cons- High turnover, occasional mandatory weekend overtime – less