The Aerospace Corporation Employee Reviews

High tech, productive, well balanced place to work.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAOctober 29, 2017
It was the best job I ever had, it proved that quote, "If you do something you like, you will never work a day in your life".
It's a high tech job with plenty of opportunities for advancement through school, meetings, or seminars. Everybody will help you when you need it.
Pros
clubs and weekend activities for the employees
Highly technical, varied work experience
Member of the Technical Staff (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAOctober 1, 2017
Aerospace emphasizes technical excellence and involves multi-disciplinary teamwork on a broad variety of launch vehicle and spacecraft projects. The 9-80 schedule (every other Friday off) is very nice; the company has a good work-life balance.
Great Corporation and Benefits.
Security (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VASeptember 26, 2017
Great corporation to work for; however, communication needs much improvement especially in the security environment. The corporation offers plenty of resources for learning and the benefits package offered is great all around.
Good Opportunities
Associate Systems Director (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAAugust 10, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Aerospace and retired due when my particular job ended. Great place to work. Primarily supports DoD at Space and Missile Systems Center with secondary support to the National Weather Service Space programs. Good job progression for good workers who really contribute to the mission.

Primary job is mission assurance of space launches and readiness of satellite payloads. Wide variety of job opportunities. Trusted agent in space industry with contract access to nearly all DoD space contracts as an agent of the DoD space programs. Good benefits. Good management. A great and prestigious place to work.
Pros
Interesting work, opportunity for growth, good benefits, comparable pay
Cons
Sometimes bureaucratic
Productive and fun work place with opportunity for advancement
PROPERTY CONTROL SPECIALIST I & II (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJuly 17, 2017
In a typical day, I am given the space and freedom to complete my daily tasks with minimal interruptions. I get in at 6:30 am, check and answer email, outline my daily tasks, and set dates and times with co-workers to complete said tasks. Through working here I have learned self discipline and to be self sufficient in the work place, and to be productive without the need to be micro-managed. Our managers are top notch, accessible, and always available to provide guidance and help. It can be a very laid back environment to work in, but can also be extremely hectic depending on the time of year. The most difficult parts of the job are complying with government and corporate property audits and tagging and tracking equipment using the guidelines set by the Federal Acquisitions Regulation manual (FAR). The most enjoyable part of the job is the freedom I am granted to complete my tasks at the pace I choose within set deadlines.
Pros
Recreational time, ping pong tables, clean facilities, fitness center, benefits, compensation
I Decent Job
Talent Acquisition Consultant (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJuly 13, 2017
I had an awesome experience working her for the first year. My second year took a turn for the worse when the CEO and VP of TA retired.

Quasi happy environment, however there are many cliques throughout the organization.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
No policy control
Exciting to Stressfull
MTS-Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDMay 8, 2017
This began a very exciting place to work. However, after a while with management changes, there was a very different atmosphere. The changes resulted in a lot of work stress. This compounded with decrease work created an environment very difficult for work.
benefits
Cons
flexibility
Stable work environment with limited advancement
Physical Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMay 3, 2017
While there is a stable and secure work environment, there is little room for growth and advancement. People stay in their jobs for long periods of time and once you hit your ceiling, the only was to advance is to wait till someone retirees or you leave the company.
Pros
Stable place to work
Cons
Salary is not compatible with current market, company is CA based
Superb company, but the work itself can be uninteresting, especially for younger employees.
Engineering Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAApril 24, 2017
Excellent organization overall if you are inclined to the sort of desk work that the majority of employees perform. Hands-on work is limited to a few departments. In terms of stability and job security, management, and work-life balance, Aerospace is at the top of the charts.
nice comapny
Control Center Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAApril 23, 2017
great company to be part of. Low stress and friendly co workers. Events are planned through the year that always gets families involved. Great benefits
Review Summary
Facilities Worker (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 4, 2017
Aerospace is the human effort in science, engineering and business to fly in the atmosphere of Earth (aeronautics) and surrounding space (astronautics). Aerospace organisations research, design, manufacture, operate, or maintain aircraft and/or spacecraft. Aerospace activity is very diverse, with a multitude of commercial, industrial and military applications.
Pros
close to work
Cons
pace, culture
Nice offices and great teaching subjects
Training Specialist III (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CA 90245March 15, 2017
Training, designing and developing classes was very interesting. We all worked very hard and met our deadlines. The hardest part of the job was getting the software needed to do our jobs.
Pros
We had a 9/80 schedule
Cons
Short lunches
Great campus, great people, great job
Technical Support Engineer Level 2 (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAFebruary 7, 2017
Nice big campus with many buildings, good security, wide open spaces for walking, talking, eating lunch, reading. the network I supported was big and I had good managers.
A good company to work for
IT Network Security Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 18, 2017
Aerospace has been very good for me. I left the Army to pursue a career in IT and they gave me the opportunity to learn and grow. I grew up from desktop support to networks and finally to Information Security. The hardest part of my job is finding balance to the workloads. The most enjoyable is working with some very intelligent and motivated people. My co-workers are team players who make the job so much more enjoyable.
Pros
Good benefits, good pay, normal work day hours
Cons
Raises are not happening. Nor promotions
Employee excellence
Administrative Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJanuary 16, 2017
Longest tenure of employees of any company I've ever worked for. Promote employees to change positions throughout the company for new challenges. Ever changing with technology.
outstanding work environment. professional ffrds environment
Lead Supervisor, technical security oeprations IV (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJanuary 11, 2017
cannot say enough about this professional company. outstanding environment to work in with very professional and well educated employees.
Productive Workplace with a team environment
EXPEDITOR/PREOCUREMENT (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAApril 5, 2016
I greatly enjoyed working with the Procurement department at the Aerospace Corporation. I was able to learn the different responsibilities of an expediter and build my communication skills. The workplace is full of friendly co workers and I could have not asked for a better supervisor. The Aerospace Corporation made me feel extremely welcome and allowed me to become experienced in areas that most entry level employees are not able to.
Pros
Long lunches, great co workers, respectful supervisor, new learning experiences
Cons
None.
A place you can advance and grow.
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMarch 24, 2016
- Phones, mail, copying, faxing, order supplies/hardware, set up travel/expense, meetings, files/databases, reports, e-time, web-page, etc.
- Polocies and proceedures, new softaware, the business of the company, inproved on product of work.
- Had great repor with management, wonderful guidence.
- worked very close and well with fellow co-workers of various disciplines.
- Not able to assist on last minuted need for MTS because work-day has end for me, and no overtime given.
- Being heavily depended on, being trusted daily to handle whatever task given or seek the info needed.
Pros
Wonderful environment.
Cons
Sometime lost of contract, and lay-offs
Pleasant office environment. Learned more office skills
Senior Secretary (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAFebruary 23, 2016
Maintained the supply closet
Made travel arrangements for department personnel
Answered phones, emails
Nice place to work.
Pros
Nice environment to work in
Cons
Needed a little more interaction with other employees
systems analyst (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CANovember 2, 2015
Expertise in consulting and assisting other programmer/analysts and key users to provide support and assistance in resolving problems and existing production systems. Key strength include Hands-on troubleshooting production anomalies by analyzing error conditions, coordinating error corrections and making appropriate program modifications.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Aerospace Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2