The Aerospace Corporation Employee Reviews

A good company to work for
IT Network Security Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 18, 2017
Aerospace has been very good for me. I left the Army to pursue a career in IT and they gave me the opportunity to learn and grow. I grew up from desktop support to networks and finally to Information Security. The hardest part of my job is finding balance to the workloads. The most enjoyable is working with some very intelligent and motivated people. My co-workers are team players who make the job so much more enjoyable.
Pros
Good benefits, good pay, normal work day hours
Cons
Raises are not happening. Nor promotions
outstanding work environment. professional ffrds environment
Lead Supervisor, technical security oeprations IV (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJanuary 11, 2017
cannot say enough about this professional company. outstanding environment to work in with very professional and well educated employees.
Great campus, great people, great job
Technical Support Engineer Level 2 (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAFebruary 7, 2017
Nice big campus with many buildings, good security, wide open spaces for walking, talking, eating lunch, reading. the network I supported was big and I had good managers.
Productive Workplace with a team environment
EXPEDITOR/PREOCUREMENT (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAApril 5, 2016
I greatly enjoyed working with the Procurement department at the Aerospace Corporation. I was able to learn the different responsibilities of an expediter and build my communication skills. The workplace is full of friendly co workers and I could have not asked for a better supervisor. The Aerospace Corporation made me feel extremely welcome and allowed me to become experienced in areas that most entry level employees are not able to.
Pros
Long lunches, great co workers, respectful supervisor, new learning experiences
Cons
None.
A place you can advance and grow.
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMarch 24, 2016
- Phones, mail, copying, faxing, order supplies/hardware, set up travel/expense, meetings, files/databases, reports, e-time, web-page, etc.
- Polocies and proceedures, new softaware, the business of the company, inproved on product of work.
- Had great repor with management, wonderful guidence.
- worked very close and well with fellow co-workers of various disciplines.
- Not able to assist on last minuted need for MTS because work-day has end for me, and no overtime given.
- Being heavily depended on, being trusted daily to handle whatever task given or seek the info needed.
Pros
Wonderful environment.
Cons
Sometime lost of contract, and lay-offs
Pleasant office environment. Learned more office skills
Senior Secretary (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAFebruary 23, 2016
Maintained the supply closet
Made travel arrangements for department personnel
Answered phones, emails
Nice place to work.
Pros
Nice environment to work in
Cons
Needed a little more interaction with other employees
systems analyst (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CANovember 2, 2015
Expertise in consulting and assisting other programmer/analysts and key users to provide support and assistance in resolving problems and existing production systems. Key strength include Hands-on troubleshooting production anomalies by analyzing error conditions, coordinating error corrections and making appropriate program modifications.
Not a good place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAOctober 9, 2015
Large corporation in size, however, very poorly structured management wise. Absolutely not organized. No manner in which to bring new hires on board with complete training on company programs that they use throughout the entire company. No functionality whatsoever. Would never ever go there again to work!
Pros
Large campus with on-campus convenience of banking, etc.
Productive workplace with a variety of civilian /military people
Operations Support Specialist II (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAApril 7, 2015
Moderate paced job with strict time limits on projects. Throughout my time there I have learned to be very independent and team leader when need be. At times management can be very extreme which can be hard to adjust to at first. The hardest part of the job is digesting different behaviors which can be eye opening. The most enjoyable is for the most it is a stress free environment which allows full production from the employee.
Pros
Nice Campus, stress free enviornment
Cons
Colorful behaviors
Secure and low stress job environment
Senior Project Leader (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJanuary 29, 2015
Compared to most corporations, a great place to work. The only negative about it for me was the nature of the work. The majority of their work is defense related, and they naturally have to be compatible with the Department of Defense culture. Unfortunately, the DoD has systemic problems that goes back a long way. That is why I retired early.
Pros
Low stress, fair, technically challenging
Cons
Defense related, little value for the masses
Aerospace Review
Console Operator (Current Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 21, 2015
I have been at Aerospace a little over a year now. I really like my position and the job culture. I was in a hostile work environment previously and it made my life unbearable. I feel welcomed and at home here. The higher ups or department heads go above and beyond to ensure the quality and respect of their employees.
Pros
Excellent Health Benefits and Employee Assistance Program
Cons
NA
Comfortable atmosphere an good location
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 16, 2015
I enjoyed learning new ways of supporting our team. The company was very nice to work for from the team members to Management. I gained extra knowledge and skills doing my job.
Pros
9/0 work week
Cons
they have layoffs
Very reputable, excellent safety standards, overall great company to work for
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAOctober 3, 2014
Co-workers were very knowledgeable, hard working, dedicated, excellent friends, like family.
Customers for the most part were dedicated, professionals with very good attitudes.
Benefits and compensation were above average.
Overall, a great place to work !
Pros
Always professional, above board, great training and education
Cons
Management had little understanding of the Administrative field
Very reputable, excellent safety standards, overall great company to work for
HVACR Technician (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAAugust 27, 2014
In my opinion, our department was understaffed with ( 5) A/C mechanics for 2500 customers in 25 buildings.
Benefits and compensation were above average.
Overall, a great place to work !
Pros
Always professional, above board, great training and education
Cons
Management had little understanding of the mechanical field
Nice Campus and location
Contract Facilities Architectural Engineer (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMay 13, 2012
Nice campus atmosphere and older mature staff.
Management don't really care about the employees.
The company is old school. You will not learn the new technologies or methods.
They are stuck in their ways, and don't try to change them or you will be rocking the boat.
There is allot of favoritism.
It is a good place to work if you are looking to settle down at one place and are accustomed to the Corporate work place.
No so good of a place to work it you are young and eager.
Pros
nice campus
Cons
allot of favoritism
Engineers in Space
Senior Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMarch 27, 2013
Almost a fourth of this company has their doctorates in engineering or equivalent. It's a highly technical and important company - a great place to work if you're an engineer. But it can be extremely demeaning if you are a somewhat intuitive part of the support staff, which includes graphic artists. It's not uncommon to hear a manager describe the support as "gophers".
Pros
highly technical and important company. great for engineers or equivalent.
Cons
an extreme, condescending attitude toward the support staff can be felt before it is heard.
Management Does Not Care About Quality of Work
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 18, 2013
Because this is a non-profit organization that does not have to compete for new business, management and employees have ossified where it was never clear to me what they considered good work. Some employees sit around all day, do absolutely nothing but read magazines, yet get excellent performance reviews. There are extensive punishment systems in place with no real reward systems. This is the worst company I have ever worked for in my life!
Pros
High powered and significant work
Cons
Unusually bad retirement system, especially for the younger employees
Excellent company to see state of art technology and to learn
Senior Engineering Specialist (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CADecember 6, 2013
You are usually assigned two or more projects to work on in the Engineering Technology Group. Each project is run by a team of specialists. Engineers interact with Program Office personnel , clients and contractors to perform their jobs. There is always room for innovations and leadership. People are generally very knowledgeable on the subject matter at hand and are eager to help out each other.
Great Opportunity working for Andrews Inetrnational Security
Uniformed Security Officer- Part Time (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VirginiaJune 22, 2012
Working for Andrews International has been quite of an experience, I personally like working for our customer at The Aerospace Corporation. They keep us well informed and well trained in the aspect of special and national security.
Pros
excellent customer- the aerospace corporation
Cons
insufficent medical benefits, no career advancement, poor salary even with a security clearance
Former Employer
Senior Space Utilization Planner (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAOctober 8, 2012
Keeping track of employee headcounts in all facilities, utilizing
space utilization skills
I learned how to be a facilities engineer
Mangement was great, very friendly
Co-workers were hard working and fun to be around
I cannot recall the hardest part of the job
Doing a good job and receiving kudos from Management
Pros
very good management, very neat and clean environment
Cons
the pay was low, remember this was back in the 70's

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Aerospace Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2