The Alaska Club

The Alaska Club Employee Reviews

okay job
Caregiver (Current Employee), Anchorage, AKJune 22, 2015
Pros: im not sure
Cons: im not sure
I thought it was okay, not a bad place coworkers are good. Great for college students. Management always changes, cant really get a good reference because of it. I would only recommend this job to college student or just graduated high school student.
Does Not Value Employees
Professional (Current Employee), Anchorage, AKApril 30, 2015
Expectations are unreasonable. Compensation is not comparable to the work, stresses, and disrespect from management. Free membership is a joke. Health and retirement benefits are shameful.
Lots of opportunities for advancement
Operations (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKJanuary 11, 2015
A wonderful place to work. Great family fitness facilities.
Fun work environment, helps maintain my body to be in healthy condition.
Licensed Massage Therapist (Current Employee), Eagle River, AKJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: free membership to the gym locations, interactive clients and comfy atomosphere
Cons: 2 four hour shifts, unfair hours compared to other coworking lmts, sent home early after last client.
I have a set amount of hours and only two shifts, Sunday and Monday. I have a 15 breather to clean and setup my massage room in between sessions, making sessions easier to begin early or suggest to clients how to maintain their road to improvement for better health or performance. My Coworkers are just fun to be around. We're all relatively in our 20s but we have a good sense of professionalism and when we run into a issue or obstacle, we quickly work together to solve said issue. My manager is a great source of help, however unless she is in the office she's rather unreachable. So the best course of action is to leave notes on her desk or leave voicemails on her machine and when she comes into the workplace, she asks me to come in and inform her of whatever I may need.
Clientele is slow at times, but I would say I'm busy 60% of the shift. I'm booked on the day of rather than people scheduling with me in advance.

The hardest part of this position is I've given such low hours because I'm not booked more than 65% of the shift. I am not allowed business cards, I may not give out chair massage outside of the gym to put my name out in the community. The massage chair was broke for over a month and it was cheaply repaired. It will break the next time I use it and it's too costly to the gym apparently to purchase a chair of durable quality. The only way my clientele builds if the small clientele that sees me gives out word of mouth to other potential clients.
Could be a better place to work
Fitness Instructor I (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKDecember 31, 2013
Pros: free membership
Cons: pay for everything else.
Did more cleaning than fitness instructing. Enjoyed getting to know the members. Worked by myself so did not get to work with my co-workers or know them very well. Really liked my first supervisor before she moved.
Great experience
Manager, Front Desk, Maintenance (Former Employee), Fairbanks, AKDecember 20, 2013
Pros: amazing work atmosphere
Cons: the polos
Great overal experience. Never felt like I was going to work. The saying, "If you love your job, you'll never work a day in your life" could not be more true.
Wonderful Family Environment
Member Services/Collections (Former Employee), Fairbanks, AKMarch 29, 2013
It was rare I ever felt like is was just " another employee". Excellent working conditions, great family atmosphere with the added benefit of a gym all around you.
Demanding job
Front Desk (Former Employee), Eagle River, AKJuly 13, 2012
Pros: free membership
Cons: extremely short breaks
On your feet all day; Little time for breaks and when there is time, only allowed short breaks; Only one person at front desk usually, meaning you can't leave majority of the time.
Good Company
Member Accountant (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKApril 11, 2012
Pros: 1 hour lunch
Cons: no breaks
It was a goode environment to work in. I learned a lot about the member accounting field.

The Alaska Club Salaries