The Alpha Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great Friendly staff always willing to help !!
Office Worker (Current Employee) –  Franklin, MASeptember 29, 2015
When I was looking for a job, I came across The Alpha Group. I could not believe how helpful and friendly they were to me. They found me a job within a few days, which I love. They gave me the ability to choose from a wide variety of jobs. I will soon be a permanent employee . I would recommend them to anyone looking for a job !!
Great Agency! Helped me a lot!
Warehouse (Current Employee) –  NortonJuly 21, 2015
Came to Alpha after trying to find a job on my own for months. They found me a job the next day! Placed me with a good company that will offer benefits when I go permanent. This is exactly the opportunity I needed. Would highly recommend.
Pros
Found me a job quick
Worst agency ever
Iffice (Former Employee) –  Norton MassachusettsJune 3, 2015
Staff is rude and don't care at all about the applicants. I found much better jobs and nicer people to deal with. I would never tell anyone to go here.
Pros
Cons
Rude staff

Comment – July 29, 2015

I was very surprised to read the negative review. I’m sure that a bad experience you may have had escalated into resentment and I am sorry for that. We at The Alpha Group take great pride in our employees and find that it is a give and take attitude that wins. Our office staff really do care and we treat our employees with the respect they deserve.

They couldn't care less about your valuable time.
Temp (Former Employee) –  Norton, MADecember 18, 2013
I personally feel going to a temp agency isn't any better than trying to find a job myself. It's the same lousy process. You're just another applicant to them and they don't care about your needs, only their client company needs. I feel they did little to help me at all. Most of the time, they would call me once a week at best for temp assignments that only lasted one day. I would have to search their website for jobs that they had open that they failed to tell me about. They do nothing to help you with job interviews. Sometimes they will send your resume to employers who will pass on you without even giving you a chance at an interview. Trust me, these are low paying entry level jobs that don't require a ton of skill or education. Perhaps my college education made me over-qualified.

The one thing that upsets me too about the whole needing an interview for some long-term temp jobs is that you are a temp to begin with! Isn't that the whole purpose of being a temp? That you can find work the non-competitive way? If you work as a temp, that's not costing anybody any money. If they don't like you, they don't have to hire you. So why do people have to be interviewed for a job that isn't even guaranteed to begin with? Alpha's job is to send a qualified candidate to work an assignment. Yet they still make applicants compete with other with interviews anyways. The whole point of going temp to perm is to have an applicant fill a job at nobody's expense. If the applicant is the right fit, they can hire them and they know what they will be getting. If they suck, they can be replaced.
  more... Temp jobs should be first come, first serve! No discrimination against students or older workers.

There are two Alpha Group client companies I am going to call out on. Bodek and Rhodes and Cheer-Pack North America. Not only do these companies CONSTANTLY and I mean constantly have to hire people over and over again but these companies will rudely pass on most applicants without even giving them a chance. One of them even said they refused to hire college students. Also you can never actually be hired by those companies. They will keep you as a temp employee for as long as you choose to work for them which means much less pay and benefits of course. Like I always say, These jobs are in the classified sections almost every week for a reason.

Now I will try to add one positive. If you are very lucky and can get your foot in the door with a good client company, there is a chance you can get hired by some of them. All I can tell you is if ANY of them want to hire you, take it. Do not choose to stay at The Alpha Group. Trust me, you don't want to have to deal with those people again if you can avoid it.

The point of temp agencies is suppose to help applicants find jobs the non-competitive way. They are suppose to care about each applicant and their best interests. Of course Alpha fails to tell any applicants they are passed on until the applicant calls them their self They couldn't care less that some of their applicants only get work once a week (or no work at all) and make about 50 dollars a week. They need to realize that's not going to cut it for anybody. These people make commission by sending us to work. I'm surprised they don't try harder.
Pros
you can get hired by a good client company if you're lucky.
Cons
it's temp work with no structure. they don't care about their applicants needs.
Good Staffing agency
Temporary Assignments (Current Employee) –  Norton, MAOctober 16, 2013
This is a temp agency, they have placed me at a high level employment that fit me very well. Co-workers placed with were good to work with. Management was super.
Pros
great job
Cons
temporary
Students, stay away.
Warehouse Personnel (Former Employee) –  Norton, MADecember 27, 2012
If you're a student who is trying to better himself and is enrolled in college, do not waste your time with them. Most of their clients will pass on your applications because you are in college, even if you're qualified and have most of your day available with very little classes in between. The best work you'll get from them is some call in jobs where they will only call you if someone else calls out sick. Nobody wants a job like that. I sure as hell didn't.
Pros
if you aren't enrolled in school, you may get full-time assignments.
Cons
their clients have no flexibility and have almost no work for students.
Complete Waste of Time
Guy that wasted $15 in Gas (Former Employee) –  MASeptember 8, 2012
Complete waste of time going in their office. They had nothing to offer and lied to get me in there. My advice would be to not even bother with this company.
This agengy helps you find a job related to what you know
Shipping and Handling (Former Employee) –  Norton, MAAugust 9, 2012
From this company I worked at Perkings
What I did here is worked in the Shiping and Receiving department.
Pros
they always try to get the highest pay for you.
Cons
benefits to high
They work for you! They try to keep you in an assignment that fits your needs and wants.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norton, MAJuly 20, 2012
Typical day at work with the client was always busy. I learned how to prioritize my day and get things done within deadlines. I made a lot of great connections. The hardest part of the job was the down time, but I found reaching out to other departments and offering my help made it pass quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job was when they said thank you, then I know my work was appreciated.
Pros
they work hard to keep you in assignments.
Cons
you don't get benefits because they are a temp agency.
Looks for the best way to provide service to clients
Inside Sales Assistant (Draka Cableteq) (Former Employee) –  N Dighton, MAMarch 23, 2012
I worked on doing quotes and orders for customers. I learned how to use Excel more. Hardest part of the job was to learn a system which was not user friendly.
Pros
free beverages
Cons
no cafeteria

2.4