The American Legion Employee Reviews

Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Rollinsford, NHAugust 21, 2017
I worked for a short time here and enjoyed it. I liked my team members and would recommend this job to people. I did a good job cleaning and helping people
Cons
hours
productive and fun workplace
BARTENDER (Current Employee) –  Dansville, NYAugust 14, 2017
I love working for the Legion. Never a dull moment and great atmosphere. Very flexible schedule and reasonable when it comes to important last minute family matters.
Fun place to work with some stress
Administration Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 12, 2017
There are daily task such as checking mail, preparing daily money and deposits. Other responsibilities included making deposits, paying bills, paying payroll, ordering all supplies, managing the rental of the hall, building maintenance, overseeing employees, scheduling, maintaining permits, and problem solving issues. The hardest part of the job is working with the Board.
Pros
Working with the patron
Cons
The Board
Do it
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, MDAugust 4, 2017
Any chance you get, work there. Will not regret it. You get to meet slot of veterans and their families. The job is very easy, it is not a corporate atmosphere and you are free just to be yourself.
great place
Canteen Manager (Current Employee) –  Vermilion, OHAugust 3, 2017
great place, friendly customers, long hours, great environment , clean, did a lot of work, great place to have a party, food good, bartenders are great
Fun Place to work
Bar Manager (Current Employee) –  Watford City, NDAugust 2, 2017
I love going to work and being there. Its a fun job and it makes me want to go to work everyday. The people are the best part because you never know who you will meet. Its fun to learn where people are from.
Customers made my job.
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, MDAugust 2, 2017
I would usually open the facility but also sometimes closed, so I would always have to do my opening or closing duties, such as unlock/lock up everything, and break all the soda machines and registers down and lock all the money in the safe. I learned how to do inventory at this job though, and also helped the manager do payroll so I was learning that also. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers who were usually enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was lifting all the heavy beer cases to restock the coolers. Management was okay.
Pros
Free drink after work, free food.
Cons
short breaks, early mornings.
great
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 2, 2017
They are very organized. They work with school times. they always pay you accurate and on time. the veterans are a blast to be around. they are professional.
fun place to work
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 28, 2017
Typical day cleaning vacuuming, throwing trash. The most enjoyable was meeting new people fromall walks of life. Listening to the veterans life stories.Interacting with veterans and thier families.
nothing sadly
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Livingston, TXJuly 27, 2017
I've been a bartender for 17 plus years along with having a day job, and i've never worked at a place that was so unorganized and just not a good environment to work in.
Pros
got to hang out w friends
Cons
would work 10-12 hrs a day for 40.00 shift pay on my weekends
Fun job
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, INJuly 21, 2017
Overall good working enviroment. Loved helping Veterans is so many ways. It a job you can be proud to be apart of. The pay is not bad either. Some legions are a smoking enviroment.
Pros
good pay
Cons
smoky enviroment
I loved it
Weekend Manager/ Bartender (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDJuly 18, 2017
I loved it but messed up. Not much more to say about there. There were a few different people who thought they were your boss a lot of the time. That was a pain!
produtive
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Sutton, NEJuly 17, 2017
I was always staying busy when I worked here. I was also able to listen to music while I did th dishes. Two of the people that I worked with I new because I had gone to school with them.
Pros
free meals
Cons
not enought houra
Summary
Chief Financial Officer (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 17, 2017
Great place to work. And love to support the veterans. Hardest part about the position is end of each quarter. People work together, and support each other.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Low salary.
Perfect place
Bartender (Current Employee) –  New JerseynJuly 16, 2017
Great place to volunteer at. The auroma is perfect giving a helping hand to vets is great even if it is something small by bartending. Every friendly face has a different story to tell and every story gives you insight on life. A life you never lived but helps you understand everyone is different.
Great Job
Cook/server (Former Employee) –  Brookline, PAJuly 14, 2017
Working at the american legion was an amazing opportunity the customers were all nice and definitely generous with tips lol. Fast paced environment but definitely great place to work and great people to work with!
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
hours
Extremely busy but rewarding place to work.
Accredited Veterans Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 9, 2017
I loved working for the American legion, every Veteran had a unique case and although it was challenging at times to help them receive their benefits when they did it was well worth all the hard work!
A fun and meaningful place to work
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Peters Creek, AKJuly 8, 2017
Working for the American Legion was enjoyable and meaningful working to provide food and beverage service to military personell.
Decorating the posts for holidays and special events was very enjoyable
Pros
Being able to provide rest and recreation to our service members
productive, fun
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Pennsville, NJJuly 6, 2017
very friendly and warm environment, everyone is welcoming and work together as a team, clear communication with staff, customers friendly, learned to value and appreciate even more what our men and women have done and currently do as they serve, hardest part would be if any if a customer caused any issues which i never personally experiencd
Learning experience
Custodial Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  903 Wilson Rd; Norfolk, Virginia 23523July 6, 2017
The American Legion Post 5 is definitely the opportunity for you to grow as a person and it helps with life coping skills. Being surrounded by military veterans have inspired me to not only be responsible but also appreciative.