The Andersons Employee Reviews

very nice
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHMarch 22, 2017
Nice people to work with very fast paced. Very clean enviornment. I learned how to use a lot of different equiment. Overall the company offered a very nice place to work.
Pros
very clean
Cons
co-workers
Not the place you want to call "your new job"
Work horse (Former Employee) –  OhioMarch 8, 2017
Years back was a great place to be, now there is new rules and management that make working there a complete joke! Find somewere else that will treat you right, pay you more, and most importantly be upfront and real!!
Pros
Guys on the floor are awesome
Cons
Management is a joke, the longer your there the more it feels like jail
The Andersons
unloading trucks (Former Employee) –  Oakville, INMarch 2, 2017
A typical work day was good. I learned alot from this job. The management was good. The work culture was good. The hardest part was working 7 days aweek .
Great work environment, friendly coworkers
Department Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 28, 2017
I had a great manager and truly enjoyed my time working for this company. I was a manager in multiple departments and so a typical day would involve scheduling employees, sales, assisting customers with design, and management meetings.

I felt that I received the proper training for the job and had the support of upper management when ideas were brought to the table.
Provided challenges that greatly enhance work experience.
Sales and Operations Manager, Garden Centers (Current Employee) –  Maumee, OHJanuary 20, 2017
Excellent company. Loved working there. Would have stayed but the closure of my division forced me to leave. They challenged me to use all of my skills to get the job done. Take time to develop talent and promote within.
Pros
Great Management. Enhance working skills
Cons
Division closed
Great family environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Maumee, OHJanuary 17, 2017
I have enjoyed working at the Andersons and hate that it's closing. The atmosphere was great and I worked with great people. Made a lot of new friends as well.
Pros
schedules were great
Cons
Short breaks for 5 or 6 hr shifts
Productive day
Barista/Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHJanuary 17, 2017
a typical day was busy, I worked in the coffee shop. Which ran great, The bakery also great. The managers were somewhat helpful, The co-workers were awesome.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Short breaks
Ok place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 15, 2017
Hours are not the best and co workers can be rude. A job to get by but not for a career. Benefits are pretty good and everyone is really laid back at work
Pros
Environment
Cons
Hours, co workers
The Andersons
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Mount Pulaski, ILJanuary 5, 2017
I loved my job and the co-workers made that job awesome. It was really hard work but we managed to always get the job done. Learned people skills as well as managing my skills to get it done safely. Hardest part of the job was stacking 40lbs, 50lbs, 30lbs bags of material all day every day.
Great environment for working
Tennessee/Indiana Area Safety Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dyer, TNDecember 20, 2016
Hard working area and employees who really take into consideration the service of their customers. Look to expand and long days during harvest but compensation is good.
Great opportunity
railcar repair/ welder/ fab/ fit (Former Employee) –  Darlington, SCDecember 1, 2016
Great place to work, many opportunities to move up in pay. Worked here for 7 years until I got fired from crooked management.
Miserable company with terrible management
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  UtahNovember 23, 2016
One of the top rail executives is a family member and is miserably incompetent. Only reason he has the job is he's a family member. Meddles and micro manages. Needs to let the sites alone. No loyalty in the company. Totally untrue to the original family and company values.
Pros
Cons
Terrible top management in the rail group
Great pay,hard work
Railcar Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Romulus, NYNovember 5, 2016
Great pay in my area. Advancement seems to be unlimited for those willing to move around the states.. Family oriented company. Decent co workers, ( at least in rail car repair)
Pros
Great pay, learning new skill opportunities
Cons
Want a lot done with little tools to do the job, High turn over rate
Ok
Processor (Current Employee) –  Albion, MIOctober 26, 2016
Not a bad place to work if you're easily liked. The management picks favorites and they talk a lot about a "big family company" but will talk behind your back. Other than that good pay and overall nice coworkers.
Pros
Good pay/benefits
Cons
12 hours, Dishonest management
Not worth the time or energy
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHAugust 15, 2016
I was employed for almost a year working in the Deli. Everyone was great except the fact you don't make nearly enough money (minimum wage) to even stay. The fast paced position and work you do, there is not enough credit from the company. The retail store of the company really does get the short end of the stick. If you are looking for a second job this may be the case, but dont apply looking to support a family or even yourself for that matter. The discount at House of Meats is really the only benefit considering the prices to even grocery shop at Anderson's is outrageous.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Minimum Wage, Short Breaks
Great Place!
Product Development Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHDecember 7, 2015
Great place to work! Management is really nice, flexible. Pay is decent, and great benefits. They strive to take care of their employees, and make a positive impact on the local communities.
Pros
Great management
Cons
The drive
have learned a lot of stuff.
raw materials (Current Employee) –  Maumee, OHNovember 2, 2015
nice place to work everyone is like family and care about each other and the community. I have been able to better myself as a worker and just my self being.
Pros
working in the good city of maumee
Cons
health care on the rise
great company, culture
seasonal, outdoor nursery (Former Employee) –  Maumee ohioOctober 15, 2015
Loved working here! Supervisor great. Worked a schedule very acomodating to my home life. Pay was good for job duties. Will be going back for seasonal work.
Pros
hourly wage, management, environment
a good job to have
Machine Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHOctober 12, 2015
this was a pretty good job it wasn't to difficult and the swing shifts were a welcome change of pace. the most interesting thing was learning the process from corn to ethanol. really cool!
Lots of advancement opportunities
Cob Division Foreman (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHOctober 11, 2015
I really liked this company and the associates I worked with. The hardest thing to adjust to was the very loose culture as opposed to the "tight ship" culture I was accustomed to. I was able to learn a lot about tolerances and communication in various environments.
Great people to work with in general with tons of experience. The hardest part of my job was having to recognize when I had to go my separate way due to the culture of the work environment. If you're a hard worker, skies the limit with this company.
Pros
Excellent wages and opportunities
Cons
very loose culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Andersons. Our community is ready to answer.

71%