The Andersons Employee Reviews

great company
Administrative Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHJanuary 9, 2018
this company is great. managment is amazing. always looking out for you and if you need help they are there. I would recommend this comany to anyone that is interested in this field.
Lacks consistent culture
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHJanuary 6, 2018
Culture could use an update to more modern standards and leadership could align themselves better. Multiple strategies running concurrently without consistency.
Sourcing and Procurement Intern (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHJanuary 3, 2018
Very exciting and fast paced company to work at. Lots of continuous change and improvement throughout the business functions. Great culture and family oriented.
Great place.
Operations Worker (Former Employee) –  Dunkirk, INDecember 31, 2017
I had great co-workers and bosses.I had work I enjoyed. The company seemed to be ran in a good way. I enjoyed my day to day tasks.Everything was great.
General duties
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHDecember 29, 2017
Upon arrival, sometimes evening hours or sometime morning. Management would have a list of projects and duties. Middle management was very likable and the workplace fun. Hardest part was setting up for holidays. Most enjoyable was the team effort to get everything done.
great profit sharing system
Vice President, Rail Operations (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHDecember 7, 2017
Although the company has its faults, it was very generous in its profit sharing system, and each and every employee has the opportunity to receive a decent bonus check at the end of the year. I haven't been there for a while, but my understanding is that the business climate is extremely rough right now, due to a number of poor management decisions years ago.
Pros
Profit Sharing
Cons
Many old-timers have a hard time changing to new processes
hard place to work for
Lead role (Former Employee) –  Mocksville, NCNovember 26, 2017
This place tells you all the potential you have but then never truly allow you to move up. They have good benefits but pay is average. They also want you to do more work then they pay you for.
Enjoyed the environment and people I workled with
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHNovember 19, 2017
I enjoyed my many years there and would still be there if the retail division of the company remained open the the public. I truly enjoyed my position.
Pros
Retail Discount
Cons
Lower pay scale
Great family oriented company.
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHNovember 14, 2017
My 33 year career with the Andersons was truly a blessing I'm glad I was able to experience. A true family oriented company that made it a pleasure to go into work everyday. I was given the opportunity to expand myself in different areas and trained with profesionalism.
The hardest part of the job was having to leave after the closing of the Retail Division. But I take with me a knowledge of compassion and loyalty.
hostile work environment
Night Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 8, 2017
The job was not what I expected after I got it.THE cut throat environment,was not very well set with me.The job its self was not the problem. Probably why they are not in business today.
Pros
not many
Cons
a lot of bosses relatives working there.
Grat place to work
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Maumee, OHOctober 11, 2017
Great place to work. Many possibility's are offered to the right person. Many opportunities to learn and advance for the right person. The staff is great. they do a lot of stuff for the community.
Pros
Education
Amazing place with a lot of specialty foods and items!
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHSeptember 13, 2017
I loved my job and learned so much in the years I was there. There was always room to grow and advance .I was very saddened with the announcement of the store closing. Management was the best of any work place ever. The best was the friendships made with co workers and customers. The hardest part of my job was being laid off and saying my goodbyes!
Pros
Discounts
Cons
For me the drive everyday but I chose to stay because the love I had for my job and co workers.
Poor management
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHSeptember 12, 2017
I consistently had poor managers throughout my career. There are good benefits, but poor pay overall. The employees are what makes the company fun to work for.
Great company
BULK AREA SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHSeptember 4, 2017
The Anderson's was a great company to work for, it allowed me to work at my own place
Give me time off when I needed it for my family.
And very family friendly.
Pros
Family friendly
Cons
Na
Awesome
Controller/Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Denison, IAAugust 30, 2017
The Andersons was a great place to work. It was like a little family. They cared about you not only as an employee but also as an individual. I would recommend them to anyone.
Went bad quick
Stock Manager (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 23, 2017
Started good but went to crappie at the end of they days should have stayed being family owned when they went corporation it took all the life out the stores.
Serious place for a serious job!
Railcar Repairman (Former Employee) –  Westley, CAAugust 22, 2017
Pay could have been better, for risking your life every day on, around and under a couple tons of steel. I myself was almost crushed when my supervisors didn't pay attention to detail. Those who like hard work, serious occupations, eye for Detail and have the skill set required for this job they will succeed.
Pros
Your not rushed and you are the judge of whether your work is good enough.
Cons
Eye for detail is crutial, those who are slow usually don't last long, and organization is a must..
Anderson Grain
Operator and Loader (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHAugust 4, 2017
Worked there for seasonal work, But was a great place to work. I just worked there for a seasonal job. 8 months. They kept me on a little longer, because I had a class A Semi Licence and could run the pay loader for them. Wish I could have stayed on with them longer. But I knew it was a seasonal job when I took it. But would go back there and work for them again., But would like full time work in the grain and semi area. I have been watching their adds for hire . But have not see any lately. Would love to run the grain area, and the pay loaders.
overall fair
PRODUCTION WELDER (Former Employee) –  Darlington, SCJuly 28, 2017
Working for The Andersons was a good experience. I learned a lot about repairing railcars and I was able to receive on the job experience with welding and the repair work we did. The environment was good. They staff treated me well.
Point of Purchase Signage Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHJuly 20, 2017
Great place to work. I worked there for 30 years and looked forward to each day. Management was excellent and there were opportunities for advancement. Sadly the Retail Division closed their doors.
Pros
Paid vacations, employee discount
Cons
Job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Andersons. Our community is ready to answer.