The Animal Hospital Employee Reviews

It's All About The Animals
Receptionist and Vet Assistant (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COJanuary 22, 2015
It's not the typical work place. It's a playground filled with furry animals. Everyone I work with is exceptionally nice and compassionate about their job. The clients are all happy when they leave, satisfied with the care they and their animals received. Management is easy to get along with. We are all a family. The best part of the job is having a great conversation with my co-workers: 'that dog reminded me of Yoda from Star Wars!' or 'Could you imagine what it'd be like if humans all had to get their glands expressed?" The conversations that uplift the mood are the best. We always try to make it fun. The hardest part is dealing with clients that do not have their pets best interest in mind. In the end, the customer is always right and you have to do what you have to do.
Pros
Close to home, paid time off, sick time off
Difficult people to work with
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAJuly 25, 2014
Not a job where there is any advancement potential, nor are there any raises at all. No compensation for extra work done or excelling at your job. I answered phones, made appointments, interacted with patients/clients, worked with doctors to assist clients. Only part of the job I liked was working with the animals.
Cons
No breaks, no raises, no recognition for a job well done
Supportive Work environment
Veterinary Tech Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LASeptember 2, 2012
I worked here as a summer job. It was the most rewarding job I have had to date. It gave me direction to the career I wanted, which was radiology.
Pros
helping animals in need
Cons
stinky
positive animal loving environment
Richmond, Va (Former Employee) –  Vet. Asst.November 9, 2011
this is a great small hospital to work in. The pay is not great, but the personal attention to clients and employees is beyond compare.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Animal Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6