The Arc Employee Reviews

Flexiable, lots of coverage
Job Coach (Current Employee) –  Congers, NYDecember 11, 2017
Over worked and treated unfairly . No growth, no communication. Some people do more than others. Favoritism. No praising . Extra work. No extra money. Poor hiring.
great
residential support staff (Former Employee) –  Killingly, CTNovember 30, 2017
great non profit organization, great programs, great employees, great clients, great relationships made, must have reliable transportation, fun fun fun
ARC is a great company
Staff LVN (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 28, 2017
Checked all my baskets and providers basket and complete all my license would allow.mdo all my call baskets lab/ phone messages pulled patients back 26-30 per day. Getting all information into the computer.
Productive work fast pace
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLNovember 28, 2017
Arc is one of the best contractors I've worked with.my crew members was hard working people ablitiy to work in a fast pace.at the end of the night work duties was completed to there high expectations.
Cons
Shorty break
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  IndianaNovember 15, 2017
no review to input.
come in do work
did not learn much
do not like the culture
hardest part is completing the day
spending time with coworkers and friends
Excellent job
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCNovember 13, 2017
Advancement was good and the lab was an awesome place to work in. Training could not have been better. Management was incredible when it came to giving you everything you needed foe learning and accomplishing every task
Pros
Great work place and management
Cons
Company sold
tending to the patient's needs
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Loxley, ALNovember 11, 2017
walking with patients, assisting them in personal care, cleaning, cooking, washing clothes or dishes, perform housekeeping duties. maintain record of clients progress and service performed, reporting changes. help in adjusting to new lifestyles. care for individuals by providing companionship
Pros
nice envirenment
Cons
healthcare
Good experience
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CANovember 7, 2017
Great experience working with the clients. I enjoyed the clients very much. We drove out into the community and did various activities and I supervised them on their jobs. It was rewarding to see them when they improved
Great family environment
Facility Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, MD 21001November 6, 2017
I really do miss the clients at the ARC. I looked forward to coming into the office every day and interacting with our clientele. My job was also very rewarding. However, my immediate supervisor was very unorganized (in my opinion), and therefor created problems in the work place. I firmly believe in working smarter rather than harder. One must always remain open minded to suggestions when it comes to running a company more effectively, and efficiently. Otherwise there will never be room for growth. Unfortunately, when upper management is close minded to innovation, it is the lower management that suffers the most.
Pros
"one big happy family" evironment
Cons
Poorly managed
Fulfilling work with individuals with developmental disabilities
Assistant Director/Behavior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rockledge, FLNovember 3, 2017
The location I worked at was almost 20 years ago so many changes undoubtedly gave occurred. When employed in the late nineties, the wages were low but the job was fulfilling and the atmosphere pleasant.
Pros
Fulfilling, friendly
Cons
Wages
My time of employment was very rewarding
Group Home Manager (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLNovember 3, 2017
A great place to work. It's been years since I've been employed at ARC, but during my short tenure, it was good. I really don't know what else to say since my employment was so many years ago.
Pros
Flexible hours
Great Company!
Partner/Contractor/Marketing (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLNovember 2, 2017
Great company! Reasonable and honest to customers and employees! Hard work but its worth it when you complete the jobs. The more work you do, the more you'll be paid.
Rewarding work
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 28, 2017
ARC is a quality company with a true sense of "family" that is fostered when you're a member of their staff. It was fun to work with them for a few years and feel appreciated for my time spent there.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Hours can be long, especially during peak season.
Relaxed and rewarding job
Rehabilitation Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Saugerties, NYOctober 27, 2017
A typical day at work was to help mentally challenged clients with daily living skills. Direct management was accessible and fair. It had a positive work place culture. The most difficult part of the job was the low salary and barely any benefits. The most enjoyable part was helping the mentally challenged people have a more abundant life.
Pros
Caring for the clients
Cons
Salary and benefits
avoid
Life Skills Instructor (Former Employee) –  Groton, CTOctober 24, 2017
attend appointments and shower residents. the clients were great but management and the director was uneducated and horrible. they only care about money and will work u to the bone. staff are lazy and push work off on each other. the hardest part was not worrying to much about the ethics that are not followed by the company and the most enjoyable part was their was lots of down time
Pros
down time
Cons
management, call outs
caring enivoronment
Group Home Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 23, 2017
a typical dayat work. I work night shift therefore clients are asleep.. I start getting ready for their morning by getting them up to prepare for personal hygrene, eating breakfast and getting ready for school..
Nysarc
Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waddington, NYOctober 16, 2017
I worked long hours and the staff deals with alot of red tape there and and the hours were long and hard to get a day off. Also they do not respect and back there employees and the pay raised far and between. Management some were ok and some didn't have a clue and were there for a pay. The staff mostly work well together. The hardest is you can get attach to the customers and the customers really enjoyed the interaction with employees.
Pros
Making the customers happy
Cons
The company needs to respect and take care of there employees.
Great place but cares more about numbers the Quality
Quality lead/Quality Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 11, 2017
Very grateful for this opportunity to work for this company. Under the recent change in management in the quality department, the company let 10 people go and I was apart of the change unfortunately
Most days alittle crazy, but enjoyable. Frequent LONG Hours
cs1 (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAOctober 9, 2017
Frequent long hours, travel, short turn a round. every weekend holidays even Christmas mandatory. and even traveled to off sites to cover staff from that site.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
My co workers are the best
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COOctober 8, 2017
Co workers are all very nice to work with. Hours are great and benefits are awsone. Theres always opportunity to learn new things and new positions. Ezpectations can be a bit high at times
Pros
45 min lunch with morning shift
Cons
Sometimes expectations are too high

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Arc. Our community is ready to answer.