The Arc Employee Reviews

Everyone tries to sleep with each other
Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, ALJanuary 23, 2017
When I first started working here ot was great mainly because my manager was the only manager that did their job. I had Multiple girls (co-workers) try to blow me at the houses. One which i worked every Saturday with her ex husband. A lot of drama and I left because my manager quit and the new manager decided to come in a mix up the schedule and screw everything up.
Pros
You sit in a house and get paid
Cons
There is nothing but drama
Chanlleging
Direct Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Alachua, FLFebruary 9, 2017
At my time at ARC I learned a lot of different thing and different illness and how it can change and effect the people that love them. I learn hoe to measure food and pass medicine. I was responsible for making sure they didn't go over their caloire allowance because it could be harmful to them. I enjoyed see the smiles on the children faces when they were awarded for something good.
Working in the field
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 20, 2016
Being apart of the psychology field was very joyful and excited to be a part of such a great opportunity. It was a great experience for me because this actually my major and is something I always been interesting in. Furthermore, I learn great skills such as listening and communicating with the clients, social workers and mentors which it is a very important aspect in today's industry.
Work with kids and have fun
Childcare Counselor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 10, 2016
I have enjoyed working with the different personalities of the children that come through the community centers of Seattle. It's a challenging job because it can be overwhelming but when you brighten a child's day it makes you feel good too.

I have found my niche with little arts and crafts (and origami) and love that the kids have interest in the arts
Pros
Time management scheduling work hours
Cons
Sometimes it hard to make change within the company
This was like working with happy people all the time.
Residential Counselor/House Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDOctober 25, 2016
I worked with staff who knew how to team play. We took turns cooking, cleaning, feeding the individuals, bathing them, medicating them and took them on community outings. I completed weekly, monthly paper work on time and submitted to supervisor. The hardest part of my job was getting to work.
Pros
Work incentives - gift cards, etc, .
Cons
Short staff
Loved working here
CNA/GNA Trainee (Former Employee) –  Temple Hills, MDDecember 28, 2016
working here was very fun a different experience the residents there were loving I never wanted to leave my job, even though most of the residents were mentally challenged they were very open to everything every week we had some big activity for them
International Rescue Committee
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, KYJanuary 24, 2017
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future.
Loved it
Call Center Operator (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJanuary 29, 2017
Arc was kind of boring and monotonous work but I loved the girls and though it was less challenging that I preferred it was a great experience and my coworkers were awesome
Pros
relaxed, awsome co workers
Cons
not challenging, monotonous boring work
Generally a good company to work for
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  DAVIE, FLORIDAOctober 3, 2016
They offered nice benefits like health insurance, 401k, dental and eye if you wanted at a low cost to me. I took the 401k. Most of the time the work environment was good. Coworkers worked very well together as a team and got along well.
Pros
SMALL CREWS
Cons
ONE MANAGER NOT A PEOPLE PERSON
1st residential direct care job
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Lagrangeville, NYNovember 14, 2016
Transportation from program, cook, clean, give medications, assist with ADLs, behavior observation, also community inclusion with individuals
Pros
relationship building, experience gained, etc
Cons
poor wages, poor health benefits
Productive and fun working place
Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CANovember 17, 2016
Great Commissions, but no salary. Great management.
the most enjoyable part of this job is making my own schedule.
I've learned a lot more about the renewable energy industry and the back end work.
Pros
Great time balance
Cons
Commission only
Good agency to work for.
Supervisor of Medicaid Service Coordination (Current Employee) –  Newark, NYSeptember 29, 2016
I have been with the agency for 13 years since I graduated college and have been able to continually grow and advance through promotion in my career at Wayne ARC. I am looking to utilize the knowledge and experience I have gained here for other programs.
Completed duties as assigned
Welder (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, KYJanuary 25, 2017
Cleaned area and assisted other team members. Welded and completed various duties as assigned. Learned how to weld and have a good relationship with other line workers.
Pros
No. Buy Lunch Or Bring Your Lunch
Cons
Break are Good
Its a very big company
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 2, 2016
The individual go to day programs. They fo activity with them take them on outing.they have very good nurses there.they take there on individuas to thete doctors apt.
Pros
Go caring people that live ther
Cons
The do not no how to talk to peple
Review summary
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Mississippi and SableNovember 7, 2016
My day started by getting the assignment for the duties of the day. I learned with others, so many things can be completed. I enjoyed working with my co workers and supervisor. Team work is the best when getting things completed.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
everything was fine
Productive, Fast pase, Great pay
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ephrata, PAOctober 5, 2016
Great training, Great pay, lots of advancements. Answer phones, collect rent, preform sales, generate new leases and residents. Advertise available properties. Generate reports.
Pros
Office settiing, Great pay, lots of bonuses
Cons
no consideration for medical emergencies
fun, friendly environment
Respite Worker (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYJanuary 6, 2017
If you are compassionate about people you will enjoy this work. Hours are made up by you and therefore flexible. The people at the this agency have you wanting to do as much as you can for your client.
fun work place
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Washington, PANovember 13, 2016
I always had a great day at work. i learn that it always a nice why to make friends. the manger was fun to get along with. we all got along goo. the hardest part is when they cut the hours. most enjoyable is making new friends
Pros
free lunch
Cons
cut hours
A great place to work.
DSP 2 (Former Employee) –  Wellsville, NYDecember 28, 2016
I really enjoyed working with Allegany Arc. Other employees were such great team players. I enjoyed the work i did working residential. I would take a position with them in a heartbeat if ever offered again.
great job
Home Manager (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 9, 2017
Great job if you have the heart for it. Company did great work in the community and for persons with special needs. Company strives to provide a safe place for all its residents and day program clients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Arc. Our community is ready to answer.