The Arcanum Group, Inc. is an experienced provider of multi-functional program, technical and administrative services to Federal, State and Commercial Enterprise customers. The Arcanum Group’s experience in providing innovative project solutions and top-level staff to customers over the past ten years has resulted in our exceptional reputation as a trusted partner to our customers nationwide. We believe that our success is a direct result of applying the highest business ethics in everything we do while driving innovation and visionary thinking throughout our company. We invite you to explore the endless possibilities that we believe are in our reach.
The Arcanum Group is seeking a Part Time Assistant Education Advisor to fill a position with the Education Office at Joint Base Lewis-McChord located in Tacoma, WA. This is a part time position, with approximately 30 hours of work per week. Work will be performed between the hours of 7:30 am and 4:30 pm, M-F. This position will be responsible for providing academic advisement to U.S. Air Force members and their dependents in support of the U.S. Air Force voluntary off-duty education program. Advising will include providing information and guidance regarding various education options, including Community College of the Air Force (CCAF), Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES), AF Institute of Advanced Distributive Learning (AFIADL), officer accession and other programs.
The Assistant Education Advisor will be responsible for:
Advising and assisting all AF personnel regarding:
- Voluntary off-duty education programs, community College of Air Force (CCAF), Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES), AF Institute of Advanced Distributive Learning (AFIADL), officer accession programs and other educational support programs, program and catalog changes, professional Military Education (SNCOA, SOS, AFIT, ACSC, AWC) programs available for enlisted personnel officers by correspondence, in residence or seminar format and assisting them in registering for appropriate programs, information and required forms needed to prospective applicants of specialized AF programs to include (but not necessarily limited to): Education Leave of Absence, AECP, LEAD, SOAR, AFROTC/ASCP, and OTS.
- Preliminary checks for accuracy and completion of their application package, assisting applicants with determination of their grade point average (GPA) requirement according to specific program guidelines, referring applicants to education counselor for formal check of package prior to mailing, providing information regarding Air Force tuition assistance, VA education benefits, federal financial assistance programs, local scholarships, and Air Force Aid Society grants to all eligible personnel, assisting with completion of all applicable forms/ applications and processing AF TA forms via the AFAEMS software program, referrals to the appropriate academic institution representative for registration and enrollment in courses or programs that pertain to their education goals.
- Advisement of applicable DANTES tests for study programs, administering and interpreting pre-tests and non-timed interest and placement tests as appropriate to the individual counseling process, assisting in changing education level codes by preparing appropriate correspondence, forms, and academic documentation required to update individual AF personnel records with current educational status, after document verification by an Education Service Center (ESC) or designee, forwarding information to the appropriate agency via mail, fax or computer, as available, conducting follow-up activities (phone calls, mail-outs, emails) to ensure individual student educational objectives are being met, preparing all necessary correspondence and forms and maintaining related records and logs required to support all aspects of job tasks, maintaining statistical data as required by the Chief, Education Services Flight and assisting with reports and other administrative tasks.
Related Administrative Duties:
- Planning and executing graduation ceremonies and providing Education Service Office (ESO) with detailed timeline of graduation-related activities at least 3 months in advance of graduation dates, providing weekly updates via email up to the day of the ceremony, performing administrative follow-up including thank you letters and an after-action report, maintaining advisement or counseling session records for invoicing purposes.
- Use of the Air Force Education Management System (AFAEMS) to maintain individual student records, receptionist duties, publishing/maintaining periodic Education newsletters, handouts, and web site content.
- Assist with annual recruitment campaigns for ACSC and AWC on base seminars, maintaining necessary logistics (classrooms, material support, etc) to conduct the on-base seminars, basic spreadsheet data entry, TA form verifications, monthly metrics, publicity materials, survey collection and compilation, filing and other program-related administrative work as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree (Masters preferred) and/or 15-30 semester hours in counseling, secondary education or a related discipline.
- Excellent customer service skills and verbal communication skills are essential.
- DANTES test programs and test-administration experience and/or familiarity.
- Appropriate related professional work or volunteer experience of at least 1 year.
- Knowledge of/experience with Air Force terminology, office procedures, and education programs, plus familiarity/facility with WINDOWS XP/Vista, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access.
Indeed - 14 months ago