The Armor Group Employee Reviews in United States

Working here is like having the stepdad you never wanted.
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHJune 27, 2016
I've worked at Armor as a fabricator for 5 years. In that time I've seen countless office people come and go including 3 different building managers and 4 different supervisors. They have not given the floor employees their annual raises twice in 5 years. This year they even had the aduacity to give us a review and then still didn't give them to us. The HR team is in constant flux with people quitting and getting fired so the rules change so fast and often that you can't keep them straight and will get written up/ disciplined like the red headed step child they think you are.

I've only received 2 raised that amounted to anything and only got them because I went and found another job and forced them to give me more money to stay. Unless you force their hand they will never let on that the company needs you more than you need it. The other annual raises I have received have been overtaken the next year when the ridiculously priced terrible insurance rates have gone up (which has happened every year I've been employed there)

Management seems to think that employees will work harder for longer hrs( sometimes making the entire weekend mandatory overtime) if employees are kept miserable at all times, in any way they can think of to make a job harder than it needs to be. Jobs are misquoted and underbid and then the floor employees are forced to work long hours as engineers fixing the job before it can be welded (which is all floor employees are suppose to be required to do.) And then the management team will constantly ride the employees to work harder and faster as if it is
  more... their fault that the job was underbid and the company will lose profit if they don't kill themselves so the owner can make a buck.  less
Pros
Armor will teach you a lot about your capacity for personal torment
Cons
Literally everything
Very disappointing time of my life. Glad it's over...
Am I that stupid? (Former Employee) –  MasonDecember 6, 2013
I worked at Armor for a couple of years and finally was able to leave. During my time there, I've seen some of the most unbelievable and disappointing things you could imagine coming from their management. From their inability to pay their vendors to changing company policies on a whim, to continual condescending behavior towards employees . It's amazing to me that they're still in business.
The production management has been taken over by persons who are all "buddies" from a former company, who want to only focus on keeping their employees in a negative state of mind. (As though they want "drones" not human beings.) It seems as though they have been told to continually keep the employees in a distressed atmosphere by constantly denying (to themselves and employees,) that there is anything "wrong" going on or allowing the employees to think for themselves. I felt as though I was a child being watched over by a babysitter who didn't believe I could think without their constant but inept help.
Condescending management, inferior supervisors all wearing rose colored glasses with side blinders that still thought they knew EVERYTHING.
Very few employees were willing to risk going to HR when they have "issues" because they knew that the "higher ups" in that department would just label them as "disgruntled employee(s)" and then be targeted for reprimand or termination.
Don't get me wrong, there are a few supervisors and office persons that are wonderful and do care but they (if they build a trust with you,) will tell you that this company has degraded rapidly in the past couple of years
  more... since the "New Management" has taken over and if they say anything against the current upper management then they place their own jobs in jeopardy.
I feel sorry for those employees who are "stuck" there because of financial needs and have no where else to turn. The owner needs to terminate every department head (with the exception of few), beginning with HR to Production, and get quality minded, people oriented management in those key positions that know how to treat their employees with respect and integrity and not only listen to their employees but step up to the plate and work WITH the employees to correct issues and to make this company a place one would want to come to work at every day. When I left, I could walk through and randomly ask people if they were happy working there. 90% would laugh at me or say "just another day in paradise".
Sad but true. The management has taken the mindset that the employees can do nothing without (not even think) their (the management) control. After all, "THEY" know what's best for YOU. They even patrol the parking lots looking for people sitting in their personal vehicles on breaks or lunch smoking because it is "illegal" on Armor property. We're grown ups and smoking is LEGAL here in the USA for now anyway.
I do NOT recommend anyone going there for employment unless you are desperate and have a very high tolerance level to condescending managers and prefer to not be treated like an adult human being capable of thinking on your own.
As a footnote, I have no doubt whatsoever that the "High Rated" reviews posted here are a humorously poor attempt by Armor HR to discredit those whom took the time to write genuine reviews. They are fabrications by a company who will not admit they have issues and are trying to hide the reality of their company from you. As long as they post "high rated" reviews it will change the percentages on the overall ratings of the company.
Read them carefully, do they sound to you like a "real" employee? Are they posted by an "average Joe" welder or fabricator? How's the grammar and punctuation? How's the spelling? No...let's be real, those positive reviews were written in an attempt to mislead you. Shouldn't that say something about the managerial mentality and how they feel about you? You are inferior and gullible to them and have no ability to do your job without them wiping your nose.
Glad I got out.
Signed,
A Disgruntled Former Employee (That's what they will tell you anyway...)
Pros
sunshine, unicorns and rainbows every day!!!!!
Cons
management.
Run the other way as fast as you can
Sweat Shop Servant II (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHJuly 9, 2013
Pathetic sweat shop who's only purpose is to fill a short term need and throw the person away. Turnover is absolutely astonishing and the overhead is absolutely mind boggling. The HR staff treats the factory workers like servants.The owner is a bottom feeder who buys nearly bankrupt companies and tries to turn them around. It rarely works. Don't be fooled by the number of openings that they call "growth". It's just a churning of employees who either quit or get fired. The turnover has to be around 50%. The positive comments by current employees are the HR staff trying to pump up the stats. All the HR department does is meet your previous compensation. If you bump up your previous compensation you run the risk of pricing yourself out of a job. They only care about the bottom line. Benefits are so bad, I stayed on my spouse's plan. I never stopped looking for another job even after I was hired. Thankfully another one eventually came through and got me out of there.
Pros
co-workers are great
Cons
nearly everything - pay, "benefits", work conditions
The Best Career Opportunity Yet
Professional (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHJanuary 28, 2013
I've worked with The Armor Group since July 2012 and it is by far the best career opportunity I've had yet. It is a fast paced environment due to the company's growth, and every day provides new challenges and situations to learn from and to grow professionally. Because many conditions are unchartered, employees have the opportunity to present their ideas and to be part of the solution. Employees are encouraged to dicuss their thoughts with management and their input is taken into consideration. I would recommend The Armor Group for anyone who is looking for an exciting fast-paced career working with other ambitious individuals and who is committed to leaving an impact on the company for which they work.
Great place to work - focused on building a culture of respect, value, and collaboration among employees.
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHOctober 24, 2012
Guiding principles are embraced and demonstrated each day. No hidden agendas – everyone has been willing to help with whatever needed. Great benefits, vacation plan, and a 401k that is effective day 1 of employment.
Pros
honesty, integrity, professional excellence, promote from within
Not a good place to work.
Not Important (Current Employee) –  Mason, OhioSeptember 14, 2012
Can't get anything done without the CFO holding your had. Might as well being him into the bathroom with you to help you with that to. He doesn't trust anyone to do the job that they were hired on to do. Employee's attitudes around throughout the ENTIRE company it just AWFUL because of the lack everything. EVERYONE works the but off every week and there isn't anything to show for it. Lets just get the point here. Executive team here WILL NOT TRUST YOU unless you "Player" aka a friend of one of theirs so you can hang out with each other on weekends. We 9 times out of 10 set up a vendor on NET 45 pay terms, we can't even meet that we have credit hold issues because we can't pay our bills. I could go on and on but i won't. So basically if you want to be treated bad in the work place then this is the place for you!! Also just ask anyone that works here what the turnover rate is. Its huge because once someone is here for a few months they start to see the real thing and start looking for a new job.
Pros
not very many.. you get good friday off
Cons
everything mostly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Armor Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.1