The Art Institute Employee Reviews

Adjunct
Role - Adjunct Instructor (English) (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 12, 2017
It is not the Art Institute's fault that all work at an adjunct intructor is set up to take advantage of people, but it is. There is no stability, not good pay depending on class enrollment varies, and no healthcare coverage. It is a bad deal.
Pros
Not micro-managed
Cons
Bad pay and no health coverage
Art Institutes
Dean of Student Affairs (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 1, 2017
Traditional Students pursuing majors in the Arts. You experience the same type of a student you would interact with at a non for profit school.

Overall a positive experience.
Love the Students
Jacksonville -Enrollment Processor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 16, 2017
Great place to work and I am so happy to have had the experience. I learned so much from the students and other staff members that has richly increased my life.
Not a bad place to work while in college
Asst. to Purchasing Director (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 7, 2017
I worked here a while back while i was in college, and it was a great job. Pretty easy and everyone I worked around was amazing. The pay was good for what I did, and the hours were really flexible. Benefits were non existent, put it want a full time job. I'm sure that full time has great benefits as well.
Great job
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 3, 2017
Best job ever. I was just ready for a change. I loved the people and the atmosphere. I would to go back if they were paying more. I recently received my masters degree and I wanted to move up.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Long days.
Student worker
File Clerk, Student Financial Services - Arranged (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 1, 2017
great place to work as a student. I loved filing paper work and helping staff.

not much to say but they laid many student workers,
I couldn't stay because of cut backs.
Productive & fun workplace
Asst Director/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 8, 2017
Extremely busy busy busy! I became a project manager at this time therefore I learned the management process in a creative environment. The most memorable moments here was acquiring the experience that I endured.
Pros
Creative, Productive
Cons
The idea is good, the implementation method is not
Assistant Director of Admissions (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85021January 26, 2017
Employees are great, but school is lost accreditation and job stability is not good. Not sure what management works on all day but only a SDOA is needed if that.
Pros
Fun employees
Cons
Management keeps employees in the dark, and it is very obvious.
fun workplace
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  market st sf caJanuary 4, 2017
good environment for creative people, could be a little bit of stress because of many different types of people but overall its a fun and healthy environment
Pros
fun environment
Cons
health care
Great work place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 20, 2016
I enjoyed working here all my coworkers were team players . I Assisted Registrar, Accounting, Admissions and Financial Aid Departments. Generated Daily Reports, Answered busy switchboard, Greeted visitors and prospective students. Performed data entry
Pros
short breaks
Cons
heatlcare
Productive and Proactive workplace
Student Ambassador/ Mentor/ Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 23, 2016
A typical day at Ai enabled student volunteers to actively coordinate with other students and staff. I learned about creativity and flexibility in the work atmosphere. My co-workers were very supportive and motivating.
Pros
Easy accessibility to resources, gained knowledge in customer service and clerical duties
Cons
no compensation unless you were a student worker a specific department outside of Ambassadorship
Art Institute
Chef Instructor (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 27, 2016
This job is more about the students than anything. Being able to pass on the knowledge I've gained throughout my career to those entering the field is pretty rewarding.
Big company
Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 19, 2016
High turn over rates. Rough schedules. Management need more training. Job culture not so great. Coworkers not so friendly.
Pros
Working with students who need guidance is a great feeling
Cons
tuition is too high for most students who came from nothing
Good atmosphere for the right person
Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 29, 2016
Love being around artistic people. Co-workers were great. Hard work is required here and it pays off well. Must be self motivated
Pros
Opportunity to grow
Cons
Long work hours...very stressful...school is expensive
Fun and inspirational workplace
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 3, 2015
Nice place to work with supportive staff. You have many options on working at your own pace. Colleagues are very knowledgeable and helpful not just to clients but to anyone and very flexible with hours. regularly
Pros
Oranized managment and regularly scheduled lunch in meetings.
Cons
Wish they didnt take walk - in hours away. This made it more difficult to get clients.
Enjoyed my Time
Student (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 21, 2015
As a student who was able to utilize the facilities to the utmost, I gained a great deal of experience in the recording studio, the live sound room and on the control boards. I learned digital audio programs such as ProTools and Logic.
Productive day for Mercedes Benz fashion week
Head Dresser (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 4, 2015
At The Art Institute of New York City I worked as a head dresser for Mercedes-Benz fashion week, my job was to help all dresser.
good overall environment, poor specific environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 2, 2015
The Art Institute itself is a wonderful environment to be in. The Museum Shop holds a negative atmosphere due to micromanagement and half the staff giving 110% everyday and the other half of staff ignoring every other aspect of the job other than selling. The customer base included members of the museum, visitors, and tourists from all over the world--they were the best part of the day at work.
fun
Student (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 30, 2015
fun place to work with supportive staff. not all about the numbers but more about the people i was a student dont go to the north campus
blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah
Greatest school
Student (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 27, 2015
I attended the Art Institute of Denver right after I graduated high school. It had been my dream school since the 8th grade and I was born and raised in Colorado so I was very excited to go. The instructors are great and the curriculum is very hands on. Unfortunately I transferred to a different AI but I would definitely recommend Denver to anyone who asked.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Art Institute. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5