The Artisan’s Bench located at 307 W. Main St. in Brighton, MI is currently looking for a self-starter to join our team. This position is full-time, and is accompanied by a competitive salary. Salary range starts at $28,000 depending on education and experience. We are looking for someone with an artistic eye that will have the ability to assist our clients, while also helping with daily operations and needs of the store. Evenings and weekends are a MUST. This position requires that you be independently motivated and able to finish tasks with little instruction. You must also be able to lift 45+ lbs. objects on a daily basis, have customer service experience and possess the ability to multi-task without sacrificing quality of work.
- Must be friendly, flexible and enjoy working with people.
- Have the ability to convey general art information and process knowledge to clients
- Work creatively with clients and artists
- Problem solving skills, involving special & custom orders
- Level of charisma necessary to work with high end customers
- Answer the phone and emails from customers and artists
- Ordering and inventory of merchandise
- Assist owner in various day to day operations and office
- Understand or learn computer POS systems and online retail system
- General organization of office and store
- Merchandising, hanging artwork and displays
- Flipping and moving rugs (must be able to lift 45+ lbs. objects daily)
- General upkeep and cleaning of displays and the store
Submit a cover letter and resume. No phone calls please.
Handcrafted Art: Rugs, Paintings, Pottery, and Local Functional Art. Located in Brighton Mi 48116.