The Aspen Institute Employee Reviews

Very productive and groundbreaking in job in global development
Senior Program Officer, Trade and Decent Work (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 24, 2014
Realizing Rights provided the chance to improve the lives of the disenfranchised populations of countries we worked in while bringing their plights to the international stage such as the UN, ILO and WHO, while speaking truth to powere
Pros
allowed employees to be innovative and addressing social, cultural and political issues affecting our beneficiaries
Cons
president mary robinson retired and the initiative was a time bound and had to close
Great, professional team in Communications & Society program
Special Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 11, 2013
A great team, thinking about tech's most exciting policy issues.
Excellent Company
B-Manager/HR Generalist/HR Manager/HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 26, 2012
The Aspen Institute provided me with a great knowledge in Benefits and opportunties for upper mobility. Excellent round-table discussion on World interest.
Pros
excellent pay, benefits and environment
Cons
changes in management
Productive and fun workplace with a television and kitchen
Office Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 22, 2012
A typical day at work is dealing with customers and providing them with exceptional customer service.

I've learned how to Increase productivity of existing staff through team development opportunities, which resulted in lowering the cost of new employees by minimizing turnover and organize, conceptualize and executing a project, along with leading teams.

I proactively managed 5-member team, with accountability for creating job descriptions, recruiting and hiring, training, performing annual performance reviews, conducting weekly employee meetings and diplomatically implementing disciplinary actions.

The hardest part of the job was budgeting but once I got a good understanding of it works it was fine.

The most enjoyable part of the job was just coming to work everyday and positve atmosphere of the office.
Pros
free traveling to aspen
Cons
healthcare was expensive
Productive and a wonderful place to grow
Executive Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 16, 2012
Worked with senior team on different issues, ie: racism, youth development, housing etc. I learned how to work with a lot of different people from different backrounds. Working with management was a wonderful experience because there were several in different offices and different states. I enjoyed working with everyone at the Aspen Institute. A great class of caring people. The hardest part of the job was the end of the day and the most enjoyable part of the job was coming in to work and working on very important projects that made a difference.
Pros
free lunches, given extra time off when earned, bonuses