The ASSURANCE Group Employee Reviews

decent environment, decently nice people, pay was great but not steady, some tactics to sell where....unfavorable. overall i hated how they operate.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Archdale, NCAugust 19, 2015
Pros: decently long breaks, make your own hours essentially, pay was ridiculously good if you sold just 1 decent sized policy, trips to different areas so you get around
Cons: Boss doesnt believe in newbies at all so he tends to down talk us yet up talk us, if you sell nothing, you make nothing $0, pay is not steady sometimes depending on season, people dont generally like us when we show up, reused cold call phone sheets, even if they requested us to get them off the sheet so many angry and upset potential clients.
day of work~~~~
going to different areas, like thomasville to greensboro, to asheville, etc. Assuming i cold called alot of people off my sheet, or even just a few, i need people that said yes to a visit if im going to even go out. Assuming i have a few, one time 8, ill go eat, go to each place at the agreed upon time, talk to the clients. Ill go find the ones that really need insurance. Ill also find the ones who enjoy you wasting your time and lied that they wanted to see you, and the ones who dont want the insurance but their relatives need them to get it. Ill meet colorful people of good and bad, mostly bad. Meeting new people is half the time fun, half the time sucks but is still interesting. Whenever i have a few hours between appointments or a few minutes. Ill go eat, try to call more people, or go over my lines....yes we have lines to say, we make them our own, but we all get a script till we find out how to cover all the points of the script in our own words. Finish up, go home, rinse and repeat. High risk, high reward. Sometimes you sell all and sometimes you sell just 1. One is all you need for a decent week of pay though so thats nice. If you sell none, all that gas money was for naught.

What i learned~~~
sometimes high risk high reward is nice, and sometimes its not. Overall this kind of job is not worth its risks. I learned how to speak a lil more professionally when i try hard, but im still lacking. I learned not all company's are what they seem or stand for what they say. Helping the people they said, what a joke. One time one of my bosses even came out – more... and said that's its about making the money and pressuring people so you can make said money, its not really about helping them at all.Also, I learned how to talk to strangers much better as well, which is notably helpful in the long run.

Management~~~~
All the bosses seemed decent, they did they job, made their money, and trained decently well. I didnt like them overall but they are respectable to a point.

co-workers~~~
your co workers are who you go on ride alongs with to clients. The only true co workers i had were the nice women and men who worked in the file management area (might have been custormer service people, i never understood). My brother and my old boss were only ones i really worked with. My brother, not hard to work with, my boss, a little. He drives questionably, acts questionably, but gets good results. He said i lack initiative and something else, i think he was right to some extent but he gave me no confidence to keep trying. Almost convinced me to quit on the spot, i quit like a few months...maybe on 1 month, later regardless.

Hardest part of job~~~
dealing with reused cold call sheets that were usually reused and resold, which is unfair to us novice and even some experts at the job. Everyone complained about it cause it means we anger people when calling cause they told us to take them off the list. My higher up would tell me to reuse them and instead of throwing them away, put them back into the pool of cold calls.

best part of the job~~~~

the pay rate when you sold policies, depending on the size, was incredible. The reliability of being able to get sales was poor, but when you did it was nice. the true best part is the hours you set. I set a few hours at first and kept increasing them, even if very little results, it was nice to know i could wake up round 8 and start the day sometimes, or 7, or 6 am if i so chose. To come on peoples times of whens convenient for them so their in a good mood. It was nice meeting all the colorful people, for some it wasn't, but overall, it was an interesting experience. – less
Great work atmosphere
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Archdale, NCMay 29, 2015
I worked many different positions at The Assurance Group ranging from the mail room to insurance sales. Great management and many opportunities to move up through the ranks.
this is a staffing agency
Coordinator (Former Employee), Bloomfield, NJApril 21, 2015
very good to work with. they assign employees to good companies and check in occasionally to insure everything is OK. electronic time entry and direct deposit used
great organization to work for
License Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Maywood, NJApril 19, 2015
I enjoyed working for the assurance group for almost 4 years, unfortunately the patient I cared for passed away. Management was great, always a phone call away.
Worst Job I have ever had!
Independent Agent (Former Employee), North CarolinaFebruary 25, 2015
Cons: horrible structure, and horrible management
I have never seen a company that has a management team, that in the blink of an eye, quit the company and leave you hanging in the balance. I had two manager that were responsible for helping me to get leads and both quit without informing there team and left each of us stranded!
good products
INSURANCE AGENT (Current Employee), Manitowoc, WIFebruary 23, 2015
Did not like the future of the company, they sold oof the health part of the company and were left to onl sell medicare plans
Do not work for this company
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), USAJanuary 12, 2015
This company operations equal up to a flawed business model that will not only not produce a living wage but will cost employees and customers thousands of dollars.
selling medicare
INSURANCE AGENT (Former Employee), Greenville, SCOctober 20, 2014
ok place to work on our on, No training from managerment, but from other agents in the office, i did learn a lot from them. 40 hour, 150 to 200 calls a week on the phone .
Fast pace
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Boardman OhioAugust 13, 2014
I call potential clients with lead cards, which are card they sent in through the mail, wanting info and life and of health (medicare) insurance. It is commission base.
Over view
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Scranton, PAMay 27, 2014
Pros: you can make a lot of money from just a few sales
Cons: no sales no money, and if the policys take time to clear, this will cause you to have no money as well.
This job has great potential, but is commission pay only. It is not a very reliable source of pay.
Not good to start out in insurance better for if you've been an independent agent for a long time before entering. You're somewhat on your own
Field Insurance Agent/Broker (Former Employee), Akron, OHFebruary 19, 2014
It's good if you've had previous experience and do not need to learn very much.
Nice place to work great people
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCNovember 15, 2012
Pros: control your business
Cons: no basic wadge
Great place to work, management was great and so were the co-workers. The hardest part of the job was it being commission only and with at least a base wage it would have been the best place I ever worked. Driving to see clients in other cities was hard because without a base wage it makes it harder to budget. The most enjoyable part was being in control of you work and how you performed. It is nice to have control of your own business.
Normal Insurance environment
Regional Sales Director (Current Employee), Charlotte,NCOctober 9, 2012
Pros: slef relianant on what, i do
Cons: commissions could be higher.
Self Motivated Organization. I learned how to Manage my time better, I like the individuals, I work with. Hardest part of the job is leaving it daily. The most enjoyable part is selling
fun and issy jobs
Pharmaceutical Assistant (Former Employee), Clifton, NJJuly 20, 2012
Pros: free break.
Cons: we cannot use earrings, bracelet, ring
My supervise gave us orders. And had to pack it with medicine and tell looked the due date then packing
Ok work place when they found me work
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Bloomfield, NJJuly 10, 2012
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: not alot of job assignments
This was a Temp agency they never really had assignments. I was sent on a few assignments that lasted only a few weeks.
Headquarters