The ASSURANCE Group Employee Reviews

good company started from scratch
State director (Former Employee) –  Macon, GADecember 26, 2017
My immediate boss was fantastic. There was a big problem in getting the licensed reps to stay on because of glitches with payroll. They felt like the company was holding back on them.
No Comment
Senior Agent (Current Employee) –  USADecember 14, 2017
-100 % commission based
-Flexible hours
-can be challenging to book appointments
-questionable leads
-High turnover rate
-no reimbursement for travel costs
Have to be well disciplined.
SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCDecember 12, 2017
Don't give up in the 1sy year. Unless you live at a town where there is a home office not very much support. The good thing is that you don't have anybody pressuring you or breathing down your neck and you have multiple multiple companies and carriers and products to offer to your clients.
Pros
Work when you want.
Cons
No benefits, chargebacks
commission sales can be a challenge
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Archdale, NCDecember 6, 2017
The work place was outside sales. Prospecting for new clients was daily along with working appointment scheduled by me giving presentation on insurance programs. I learned how to work with a diverse group of people. Some client were upper income working class of $80,000 to $120,000. Some clients were lower income usually seniors ranging in income of $18,000 to $30,000. The hardest part of the job is going to appointments where no one home. Appointment forgotten or people decided no interest. Those I made no money. The most enjoyable part of the job is having successful appointments and people bought the program. Those appointment I made money and in sales the commission sometime is a large amount.
Pros
Working with people teaches how to build lasting relationships and clients
Cons
working for commission only is very challenging and sometimes disappointing
good conditions
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Archdale, NCNovember 11, 2017
fair opportunity, no benefits, commission only. The opportunity is a blessing. Able to hire to build my own team. opportunity for self employment working my own hours. People are other agents trying to succeed in insurance sales. No lead program. Contact are self generated.
Pros
training
Cons
lots of travel, on road sales
The Biggest joke of an Insurance Brokerage in the business.
Senior Field Agent (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 27, 2017
This was the worst experience I have ever encountered in the Insurance business by far. Low, if any actual pay to the working agents. The so-called free leads are extremely old, and they are not free at all. The single worst communication among upper management and agents there could ever exist, and a very much "Don't bother us.", attitude at the home office, are just to name a few reasons Never to get involved with this horrific and terrible and very much disfunctional company. A zero on the scale of one to five all the way around.
Pros
None/Zero
Cons
Way too many to list, just disgraceful.
Typical Insurance brokerage
Agency Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 8, 2017
At first seemed like a good work culture with responsive home office. Very quickly realized that the initial enticements were not realistic. Promised excellent leads that turned out to be years old. Eventually realized that the company's focus was on high cost and low face-value life insurance (final expense insurance) which was not what I signed on for. All support and training was geared toward that.
Pros
great people and friendly work environment
Cons
high pressure to sell low value insurance policies
Poor management/ training
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Florence, ALSeptember 25, 2017
They pretty much expect you to train yourself. Human resource manager works part time from home, so there is no support in house. Owner of the company was very unfriendly. They do offer a lot of paid time off, insurance is not affordable.
Pros
Time off
Cons
Training/ management
Just ok
Agent (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, NCSeptember 18, 2017
Poor leads and often very demanding schedule. Pay was extremely unfair. Management was friendly, but not always supportive or caring. Office environment was poor.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
old, dated leads
Excellent work place and great leaders
Licensed Insurance Field Agent (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 7, 2017
Has a lead program which you can obtain lead cards and then call and set appointments. The culture is excellent and everyone is willing to help you succeed.
Questionable Management
Agent (Former Employee) –  AshevilleMay 20, 2017
At least in Asheville, the management is questionable. Good support outside from the main office, but the manager is disrespectful. Drove off the top Medicare Salesperson last year, and this year drove off the #3 salesperson in the country AND the top annuity producer. Why would a company keep a manager that does this?
Pros
Flexible hours, decent pay
Cons
Screaming boss/too much nepotism
Love working as an independent broker
Insurance Broker (Former Employee) –  ColoradoMay 5, 2017
Absolutely love it and the ability to help others who need it and educating the public on the best benefits for their situation. Love the freedom to make my own schedule. Only a few downs to it like the agents that take advantage of the clients, The straight commissions only and lack of benefits.
Pros
Helping people in need, own schedule, ability to be flexible
Cons
No benefits, comissions only
Health Educator (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 3, 2017
I love working to help our senior citizens. Helping them save money and make ways to better there money. Knowing that I am a daily help to give then a better life. Comfortable with the way I talk to them on the phone and treat them. Knowing they are happy makes me happy.
Poor leads
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 21, 2017
Poor leads
I iwoiuld not recommend thus employer to anyone. I found management as inadequate to suport a life insurance producer.
The company does not keep its promises.
What a great culture to live/work in
Agency Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCFebruary 24, 2017
!5 years of experience have taught me this.....you earn what you're willing to do.......especially in sales and being self employed. This is not my first company to sign on to, but it has the best back office support you can find for independent insurance brokers! We have all the best vendors and the training and benefits keep getting better. We speak, they listen..........there's no free lunch in sales.....learn your product, see the people and earn what you want........
Pros
Culture of support and growth
Cons
Good plave to advance your career
Vice President Career Final Expense sales (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, NCFebruary 3, 2017
This company gives you the opportunity to grow a business based on your own ability. Great place to work and develop your sales skills plus build your own agency. The company has great associations with all the major carries for insurance.
Excellent
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLDecember 2, 2016
Great Training
Excellent Motivation
A great and professional place to work
Excellent resources.
Friendly Staff and management team is wonderful
Great support from home office
Brand New Company in Denver
Licensed Broker (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 23, 2015
Because the company is so new, there was no training program offered yet. You could ride with the 4-5 other people and shadow but if there schedule was booked then you couldn't learn for the day. Worked there for 3 weeks. Never saw a commission split or a paycheck. Many promises made of earning up to 100K a year but no intention of teaching the basics of the business. Please do your research on this company before applying.
Pros
Free lunches, free to make your own schedule, No micro-management
Cons
No training program, Lies about how much you'll be paid, work alot of hours
decent environment, decently nice people, pay was great but not steady, some tactics to sell where....unfavorable. overall i hated how they operate.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Archdale, NCAugust 19, 2015
day of work~~~~
going to different areas, like thomasville to greensboro, to asheville, etc. Assuming i cold called alot of people off my sheet, or even just a few, i need people that said yes to a visit if im going to even go out. Assuming i have a few, one time 8, ill go eat, go to each place at the agreed upon time, talk to the clients. Ill go find the ones that really need insurance. Ill also find the ones who enjoy you wasting your time and lied that they wanted to see you, and the ones who dont want the insurance but their relatives need them to get it. Ill meet colorful people of good and bad, mostly bad. Meeting new people is half the time fun, half the time sucks but is still interesting. Whenever i have a few hours between appointments or a few minutes. Ill go eat, try to call more people, or go over my lines....yes we have lines to say, we make them our own, but we all get a script till we find out how to cover all the points of the script in our own words. Finish up, go home, rinse and repeat. High risk, high reward. Sometimes you sell all and sometimes you sell just 1. One is all you need for a decent week of pay though so thats nice. If you sell none, all that gas money was for naught.

What i learned~~~
sometimes high risk high reward is nice, and sometimes its not. Overall this kind of job is not worth its risks. I learned how to speak a lil more professionally when i try hard, but im still lacking. I learned not all company's are what they seem or stand for what they say. Helping the people they said, what a joke. One time one of my bosses even came out
  more... and said that's its about making the money and pressuring people so you can make said money, its not really about helping them at all.Also, I learned how to talk to strangers much better as well, which is notably helpful in the long run.

Management~~~~
All the bosses seemed decent, they did they job, made their money, and trained decently well. I didnt like them overall but they are respectable to a point.

co-workers~~~
your co workers are who you go on ride alongs with to clients. The only true co workers i had were the nice women and men who worked in the file management area (might have been custormer service people, i never understood). My brother and my old boss were only ones i really worked with. My brother, not hard to work with, my boss, a little. He drives questionably, acts questionably, but gets good results. He said i lack initiative and something else, i think he was right to some extent but he gave me no confidence to keep trying. Almost convinced me to quit on the spot, i quit like a few months...maybe on 1 month, later regardless.

Hardest part of job~~~
dealing with reused cold call sheets that were usually reused and resold, which is unfair to us novice and even some experts at the job. Everyone complained about it cause it means we anger people when calling cause they told us to take them off the list. My higher up would tell me to reuse them and instead of throwing them away, put them back into the pool of cold calls.

best part of the job~~~~

the pay rate when you sold policies, depending on the size, was incredible. The reliability of being able to get sales was poor, but when you did it was nice. the true best part is the hours you set. I set a few hours at first and kept increasing them, even if very little results, it was nice to know i could wake up round 8 and start the day sometimes, or 7, or 6 am if i so chose. To come on peoples times of whens convenient for them so their in a good mood. It was nice meeting all the colorful people, for some it wasn't, but overall, it was an interesting experience.
Pros
decently long breaks, make your own hours essentially, pay was ridiculously good if you sold just 1 decent sized policy, trips to different areas so you get around
Cons
Boss doesnt believe in newbies at all so he tends to down talk us yet up talk us, if you sell nothing, you make nothing $0, pay is not steady sometimes depending on season, people dont generally like us when we show up, reused cold call phone sheets, even if they requested us to get them off the sheet so many angry and upset potential clients.
Great work atmosphere
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Archdale, NCMay 29, 2015
I worked many different positions at The Assurance Group ranging from the mail room to insurance sales. Great management and many opportunities to move up through the ranks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The ASSURANCE Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6