The Atlanta Journal-Constitution Employee Reviews in United States

Fun, engaging workplace
Editor, Reporter (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 27, 2016
The AJC has a tremendous culture that celebrates diverse talents and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and the challenge to do great work is present and rewarding.
Workhorse with limited benefits
Advertising Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 23, 2014
The culture is morally corrupt. Very limited benefits, and vacation days. Low paying salary and very depressing staff morale.
Ever-changing assignments provided a challenge.
Reporter, editor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 24, 2012
Spending 21 years in the newspaper business was an honor. I wish the business didn't change so dramatically. I met more people that I still respect than I could possibly list.
Pros
travel, variety of work, deadline adrenaline, opportunities to write long-form.
Cons
unpredictability within the industry.
The AJC
Rating Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 2, 2012
I have worked for the company for 11 years it has been fun, but it time for a change and seek out new opportunies.
Pros
wonderful management
Cons
outsourcing the department
Typically friendly staff, supportive staff, relaxed and controlled corporate environment, generous benefits
Editorial Graphics Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 7, 2012
The Atlanta-Journal Constitution is an excellent employer that promotes their staff to do their best while providing a positive environment for them to work. The atmosphere, though occasionally busy, has a sense of control and many projects can be completed within a reasonable time due to this. Benefits are also very good, with insurance provider choices available. The staff is also mature and supportive.
Pros
easygoing work environment
Cons
job advancement is difficult to achieve
Decent place to work
Administrative Assistant / Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 14, 2011
For many years The Atlanta Journal-Constitution was a place that I could call home, but about 5 years ago it began going through a lot of changes. Since then there has been a lot of tension and the feeling of 'not knowing what to expect'. That is not an easy feeling for any employee. I would come to work, but would always be fearful of whether each day would be my last.
Pros
cafeteria