The Atlantic Group Employee Reviews

great place to work
Structural welder (Former Employee) –  Newark, ARAugust 1, 2017
There are a lot of great people that will take time to help as needed with anyone that is not sure about anything. the management is fantastic and very helpful
Pros
great team
Cons
a lot of hours
good
Pipefitter, welder, rigger (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 25, 2017
Get to travel and meet people and go to another job with them. Learning how to get along with others. work place is good. enjoyed working for this company.
DZ atlantic
Fire Watch (Former Employee) –  Brownville, NEMay 31, 2017
I worked there prior to being a under vessel tech and performed fire watch and FME at the direction of my supervisor with basically was making sure there weren't any combustables in the area during hot work
junior project manager
Junior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  1156 avenue of the americas 9th floorMarch 8, 2017
typical day, come in and check emails, follow up with clients, have a meeting with senior pm to go over daily tasks, work with sales team for new bids and projects.

great friendly place but lots of pressure with deadlines. may have to stay in late to complete.
Pros
annual trips and free breakfast fridays
Cons
healthcare was expensive, no maternity leave
Flexible work schedules with numerous employee focused actiities
Sr. Commercial Lines Underwriter, Berkley Mid (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 27, 2017
Pros - Good benefits, flexible work schedules, Productive workplace with numerous "fun" activities for employees throughout the year

Cons - Lack of formal communications from management - heavy and sometimes unrealistic workloads - too many chiefs and not enough workers
ok place to work
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 10, 2016
this place is ok to work pay days suck they do not answer the phone when your trying to contact the office you leave messages and they do not return calls
Pros
employyee are nice
Cons
they do not answer your calls
Ice Condenser Lead Tech
Ice Condenser Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 31, 2015
Weigh and Fill Ice Baskets in Ice Condenser. Taking Equipment in and out of Ice Condenser. Being a safety monitor for safety.
Cool People, Cool Company
Executive Recruiter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 7, 2014
If you like recruiting this place is pretty cool. Super Chillax, Work Hard Party Hard, basically frat boy central.
Fantastic company that was ambitious and motivating.
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 29, 2014
I loved the company's unique experience because it was smaller and more intimate but had a very competitive drive to be as successful as a much bigger competitor.
Pros
Fun, challenging, never bored, met lots of people, great wages and bonuses.
Cons
Sometimes extremely busy.
This was a contracting job for a few months.
Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, NCSeptember 30, 2013
I worked for this company for a small period of time. It was maual labor for 6 days a week and 12 hours a day. It was a very exciting job, you didnt do the same task very often. It was a contracting company contracted to Power Plants in the U.S. that was affected badly by the recession. It has since disbanded and is no longer up and running, but if it was I would go back to it.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
No long time career fields
Staffing Service
Department Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tonopah, ArizonaAugust 1, 2013
The Atlantic Group was a staffing service, I was employed at the Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station.
Pros
Competive Pay
Cons
Health Care was extremely expensive, no other benefits offered
Business development on international level
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 19, 2013
Great opportunity. Dealt with all cultures and business models from central and south america. Skills sets learned to date were very applicable.
Pros
Miami
Cons
Miami
Lots of unaimed pressure
Sensor Operator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 29, 2013
Lots of pressure to produce beyond the capabilities of the people and equipment. The result is high turn over.
a place to work
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 21, 2013
A typical day was hot and long . Poor management.co workers were great.
Pros
no set breaks
Cons
no med benefits
Good company
Journeyman wireman (Former Employee) –  Burlington, KSNovember 25, 2012
Had a great safe work environment and always was able to help find other locations to work when your project was complete
If you want to make good money
Firewatch (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 10, 2012
This is not a permanent job, nor is it a career but you can get paid well, and work only half the year
Pros
great pay
Cons
no room for advancement
A quality company
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  VAAugust 27, 2012
The Atlantic Group is a contracting company that supplies personnel for the Nuclear and Fossil Fuel industries. My job was to staff for Nuclear plants when they came offline for refuel or restoration. A typical day involved recruiting previous and new persons for positions to meet the outage need. Contacting skilled workers, setting them to job list and job orders, finding accomations, and giving directions to the sites was a daily task. These guys depended on me to point them in the direction of when and where these outages would take place. I kept records of all the sites they worked, made sure their qualifications were up to date and informed security of changes needed for their background checks. For these workers, it was feast or famin. I made it a point to give coutesy calls to many so I could keep in touch. It meant alot to them, as they saw I understood the lifestyle they had chosen. It was also a great way to ensure they would return to work for our company.
Pros
helping skilled workers get a great paying job
Cons
the majority of outage season runs from sept thru march. holiday time
Combination Welder (Former Employee) –  Tx,Nm,AkJuly 1, 2012
I like to get the job done and i always put 100 percent. I learned how to be a team player. The hardest part of this job I would have to say is being away from my family and the most enjoyable part is being able to travel.
Pros
get to travel
Cons
short breaks and being away from my family
Great place for people to work
valve services (Former Employee) –  Norfolk vaJune 14, 2012
this was a great place too bad i only was there for the outages several years ago. everyone there is great
Productive, Great Company
Utilities Laborer (Former Employee) –  Jenkinsville, SCMay 9, 2012
The work was easy, laid back and the workers were very helpful as far showing you through the nuclear plant. I enjoyed working in an clean environment.
Pros
getting to know about the nuclear facility.
Cons
security clearance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Atlantic Group. Our community is ready to answer.