The Austin Diagnostic Clinic

The Austin Diagnostic Clinic Employee Reviews in United States

Overall a great place to work.
Cash Applications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 1, 2016
I really liked it there. I worked in a very small department and we ended up being off-site. The day was fast but steady and I learned how the billing side worked. I also saw the coding side. Co-workers were great and easy to get along with. I didn't like leaving things left undone and because there was weren't a lot of us things ended up down to the wire on a daily basis.
Pros
Liked the job, liked the people I worked with, believed in the company
Cons
We were off-site away from the rest of the company, the management in the department had a lot of turnaround or there was no one
Productive and great part-time opportunity
Centralized Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 26, 2016
Heavy non-emergency calls throughout the day. Learned new systems. Supervisor was great. Contacting doctors was challenging. The hospital cafeteria was convenient with an employee discount.
Cons
Enviornment was not as comfortable
do not treat employees well
Archive Management Assistant/Insurance follow up (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 3, 2015
They do not treat their employees well, good benefits but bad sick and vacation time. managers need to do more with and for their employees. need ti adjust the pay and raises.
Great work place
Business Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 4, 2016
I scheduled for 12 Paediatric doctors, answering/making phone calls. collecting co-pays, co-insurance, batch audit, pulling/filing charts, preping charts for next day
Obtained opportunity to learn about health insurance and provide customer service to patients.
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TexasApril 1, 2015
As I always enjoy to help others, at the Austin Diagnostic Clinic I have been given the opportunity to learn about health insurance co-pays,deductibles, and coinsurance. This has allowed me to assist a high volume of patients to properly understand why they have a patient responsibility and assist on obtaining payments to the clinic.

The hardest part of my position is to not have a final resolution for the patient when a claim has been denied and the explanation of benefits does not give a full explanation. The issue can always be resolved once insurance is contacted and needed information is provided, but I always feel better when the patient's complaint is resolved within the initial call.

Management has always been helpful and speedy allowing to resolve many patient complaints within a timely fashion.

A typical day will include over one hundred calls between patients, insurance companies, and clinics collecting and sharing patient information. Thousands of dollars are collected daily to pay patient balances.
horrible
Archive Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 11, 2015
they were the worst place to work. they do not treat their female employees very well and they did not have good insurance at all. they were not flexible and the management was horrible...they did not pay well.
Pros
Cons
pay, insurance
Laid-back call center environment
Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 29, 2015
This job is great for anyone who enjoys helping patients solve problems over the phone. All of our agents are part of one big family here in the office geared towards helping our clients resolve their medical needs with friendly and efficient service.
Pros
Free lunches occasionally, hour lunches, large desk space
Cons
Rules are changing constantly
Busy practices.
RN (Current Employee) –  Austin,txAugust 3, 2015
Managers are placed in each module but have very little management training. Doctors are not the bosses and make it very confusing. Clinical manager and practice manager don't communicate with staff well.
Pros
Convient locations, good doctors
Cons
Bad communication, low salaries, insurance is horrible.
I loved working in a clinic setting in that you get to build a relationship with a lot of the same patients and new ones as well.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TexasAugust 4, 2015
The Austin Diagnostic Clinic is a good company to work for. They are dedicated to patient care. I had the opportunity to build many wonderful relationships with not only my coworkers but with the patients as well, as there were many patients who chose their doctors to be with ADC. I worked in a high volume setting seeing many patients a day but was able to interact with each patient on a more personal level. I have received presents from my patients ranging from cookies to clothing! It was a teamwork atmosphere. That was what I enjoyed the most. The radiology department was nestled in between Rheumatology and Podiatry so I also enjoyed working with the doctors as well as the nurses on a daily basis.
Pros
Everyone bands together like family at ADC
Cons
There are really no cons that I can think of at ADC.
Wonderful Cheerful Company
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 5, 2012
Wonderful Cheerful Company! Always trying to appease their employees and make the work environment more enjoyable. Superb management, benefits and schedule. I was ready to purse my recent field of study and change state of residency, so I left. Co-Workers were also a joy to work with
Pros
great pay schedule benefits and co-workers
Cons
customer complainst
Fast pace work environment
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 3, 2015
Exciting clinic with a variety of healthcare specialties and advance techniques. It was rewarding to help resolve patient account discrepancies. However, it was most difficult when patient accounts become delinquent and have been placed on hold.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Fast pace
Good Company with Really Great Coworkers
Radiology / Hospital Coder- Full time (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 11, 2015
Nice company to work for. Employees are great to work with and always willing to help out. Hospital is really involve in the community. Always different activities to participate in.
not a fun place to work
purchasing (Former Employee) –  austin, texasNovember 30, 2011
Managers take credit for your work. Small raises, low starting pay, over all very low moral. A very negative place to work.
Pros
free parking
Cons
being employed there!!!!
Good office work
Rheumatology Infusion Nurse (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 5, 2015
It was good office work with no weekends, evenings or holidays. Co-workers were helpful, as was management. The charting system was not the easiest computer system that I have encountered.
Pros
lots of free lunches
Cons
very few
Worked in a multi specialty clinic and learning all different specialties of the medical field.
Business Associate / Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 10, 2012
Started working as a Business Associate, checking in patients, checking out patients, verfying insurance, balancing money at the end of the day for the business department. Then I started working particuarly for the Nephrology department as a Medical Assistant at this postion I roomed patients, triaged patients, gave injections, did all vitals for every patient. i was the only medical assistant for six Nephrology physcians. I traveled with each physcian to the remote clinics to ensure an easy work flow. Made sure all Medical records were ready before traveling. Calling in prescriptions and keeping patients charts updated. Worked close with the dialysis center to make sure all of our patients were continuing treatment and did alot of follow up with patients. Assisted Dr with in office procedure suchas perm cath reamovals and inserting perm caths, ordered all instruments and insured all instruments were packed and sterlized. Returned calls to patients and communicated and important messages with Dr.
Pros
great benefits, good hours, traveling and meeting new patients.
Cons
worked with employees that were not team players which left me "drowning" sometimes.
low-pay with high expectations
Rather not say (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 20, 2015
Most everyone who works there is nice, but the ones who aren't seem to possess an evilness that is fed by negativity and disaster. The pay isn't worth what is expected of the employees. The company has no regard or respect for the people keeping its head above water. They "treat" cheap while requiring employees to help them cut costs.
Pros
easy access to health care, flexible to unforeseen circumstances
Cons
office setting, minimal patient interaction, low-pay, mind-numbing
great starter job
Medical assistant/Clinical Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 7, 2015
ADC was a great place to work . I learned so much from working here the nurses I worked with were very experienced RNs and the doctors in the group were also great . Always stayed busy. Doctors appreciated our hard work they would treat us to lunch or dinners outside if the work place.
This is the place to gain knowledge and experience .
Pros
gain experience because of various different offices
Cons
pay wasnt as great
satellite areas recieve no attention only the main lab recieves appreciation not even a card for your birthday
Certified Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 2, 2013
A typical work day is steady in the morning and slow until lunch it picks up again an hour before closing. My co-worker is part-time we get along very well she doesn't have experience drawing babies but she can draw older children. She has not been able to do bilirubins she has no training in that area. The hardest part of the job is communicating with the supv. He is informative after the fact instead of before the fact. I worked by myself for 6mo. with non-stop work and no break but I handled it. Ialso feel that I am underpaid for the experience I have, over 25 yrs. and the seriousness of the job, it can be dangerious using needles all day long and backbreaking.The drawing chair is not proper for the bending we do all day long, but overall I am a loving, caring individual and love people and I love what I do.
Pros
when lunch is provided by the drug reps not all departments are invited
Cons
one break
Productive Office
LVN (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 5, 2015
I love this place. The IM Doc's are fabulous to work for. I felt like I was part of a family the three years that I worked there The only reason I left was because of a job change with the husband and we moved to a city over 3 hours away.
Pros
Great Place
Cons
productive and fun place to work at
Patient Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 20, 2014
• Data is gathered for billing, clinical, physician relations, clergy, compliance and statistical purposes
• Coordinate the admission process from pre-registration to the patient's arrival on the nursing unit focusing on accurate data collection, quality service, and customer satisfaction
• Verification of medical insurance and billing
• Scheduled appointments