The Bair Foundation Employee Reviews in United States

The Bair Foundation
Foster Child Secretary (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 10, 2016
Working for a not for profit foster care agency truly shows how hard social workers work to ensure a good childhood and a good family for every child, no matter the circumstances, and it shows how underappreciated they may be to the public. Seeing the foster children we served, when they'd come to the office, or we'd see them at social events we held, it was so awesome to see them smile, because behind the scenes, we were the ones who truly understood the hardships they'd had in the past and the difficulty they're going through now, we knew them at the their worst and to seem them happy for any reason at all was the best payment for working at Bair.
not good
can not reveal (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJune 6, 2016
This was the most horrible experience I have ever had at a job. People in the management and supervisor positions are not qualified and have no business being there. Most unfriendly atmosphere ever. Leave this organization alone in all directions.
Pros
NONE
Cons
NONE
By Far the WORST place I've ever worked!!
Director (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 11, 2016
There is no "typical" day at work..constant change is to be expected in this industry, but they have far more paperwork than any other CPA, far too underpaid, the HIGHEST turnover I've ever seen, people get fired for the dumbest things, no support from upper management (national), sadly the "Christian" foundation is phony. Co-workers are decent, but everyone is unhappy.
Pros
Children and Families Served
Cons
paperwork, no support, not Christian, low pay, turnover
Upper management creates a great deal of tension in this company.
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Kent, OHFebruary 23, 2016
The management of this company does not understand the day to day operations. They create protocols and procedures that do not fit with the functions of the workers. They are not supportive of workers. There is a lack of employee morale within the company. They are unreceptive to worker suggestions and are rigid in their own beliefs about how things should operate, even positions they have no personal experience in.
Pros
Middle Management
Cons
Upper management
Not recommended
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 8, 2016
The Bair Foundation is not a friendly work environment nor does it operate under Christian principles. Staff is overworked and not appreciated. Documentation is redundant for line staff and upper management is not open to revising even when suggestions meet state regulations and fall under best practice. Ongoing training not provided for staff beyond NEO unless the agency is playing clean-up following a licensure audit. There is very poor communication and staff are often blamed individually for poor business practices. The most enjoyable part of working for this company was some of the relationships that are built with the clients, foster parents, and staff. This agency is not recommended if you have ANY other options.
Pros
Ability to work remotely (as long as you have access to WiFi)
Cons
Upper management; Opportunity for advancement; Lack of appreciation; Redundancy of documentation
Possibly the worst place I've ever worked at! Don't do it!
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCFebruary 6, 2016
Paperwork was repetitive and didn't meet the needs of the child or foster parent! The SSW spent more time addressing paperwork than meeting with the child! As a SSW I tried to be proactive instead of reactive with organization of the paper work! It was not appreciated! I was made to feel incompetent by upper management! There was nothing you could do to please them! I was not provided proper/lack of training, but was held accountable for things that were not done correctly!

In order to keep good qualified workers, you have to treat them with respect and dignity! Provide training/organized training and eliminate unnecessary paperwork!
Pros
The vision of the foundation is remarkable / Foster Parents and children are a joy to work with
Cons
No follow through of the vision! Horrible hours, inability to flex time, upper management is horrific!
Well rounded place to work
Treatment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 30, 2015
Enjoyable job with amazing coworkers and fulfilling career but not much room for advancement in the company.

The most challenging part of the job is that it is a time consuming position however, if it was streamlined that included an assistant to the treatment coordinators it would result in better productivity.
Pros
Supportive and rewarding organization
Cons
Minimum advancement in company
Major disconnect and very huge turnover
Lead Clinical Staff (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 5, 2015
Worked there and was disappointed with management and the office morale. Had several issues with the way things were handled from management. Worked over several times a week and took work home everyday. Lacked support and most of all foster parents were aware of the many issues management wanted front line staff to keep from them. Management had favorites and was easy to see which was another reason it was hard to be in the office. Also they were more concerned with numbers for placement and not the quality of care that the children would receive. After having a child placed and it wasn't a good fit the foster parent would be turning in their notice or asking for respite. Talk about additional tramua for the child....And Bair is supposed to be about reducing traumatic events in these kids lives.
Pros
Working with the children in the foster homes
Cons
No compensation for working long hours
Little training and poor guidance
Specialist (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaSeptember 1, 2015
I was lost from day 1 and did not feel welcomed. The job is very community based, leaving a lot of desk time alone for new hires. Training is primarily online. Once you gain their trust, work can be done from home and in the community. This is a great job for those who wish to have a flexible schedule.
Pros
Opportunities for extra cash, flexible schedule
Cons
High healthcare cost, little training
Busy
Lead Clinical Service (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 18, 2015
A challenging job, no day is the same. I love my families and the children on my caseload. There is a lot of paperwork with each case and there are constant changes
Large turnover in staff
Foster Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Wilmington, PAJuly 25, 2015
Large turnover in staff. Workloads heavy due to lack of staffing. Many extended works hours due to region of coverage without compensation for employees. Team feels lack of support from supervisors.
Worked with foster children
Foster Child Care Secretary (Former Employee) –  New Wilmington, PAJuly 21, 2015
Child care secretary. Helped the caseworkers to keep all files, court reports, progress reports up to date for the children. Loved feeling like I helped to make a difference in their lives. Everyone in the office truly cared for the children and always showed this to them and the foster parents when they stopped by. All my coworkers were exceptional. The hardest part of the job was the unsuccessful family reunions, as this was always our number one goal.
Pros
Seeing the children doing well, physically, emotionally, accademically
Cons
Not seeing the children once they got to be age 18
Great People, Difficult Work
Placement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 20, 2015
I loved my coworkers, immediate supervisors, and the kids on my caseload were wonderful. It is a difficult job in a difficult field. You will learn a lot and get a lot of great experience but you will probably not be able to stick around for very long. I did not like the corporate leadership.
Pros
Awesome people, learning experience
Cons
very low wages, long hours, lots of documentation, poor communication from leadership
DIfficult place to work - upper management style poor
Director of Social Services (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJuly 17, 2015
I enjoyed the staff in the office - all very hard working and committed to improving the lives of at risk children . The Bair Foundation has resorted to filling out forms to meet all regulatory requirements and as a result, the treatment and care for kids suffers. an employee spends most of their time filling out redundant forms that have nothing to do with meeting the needs of the kids in care. In addition, the quality of the programs in the eyes of upper management are based on the completion of many meaningless documents and timelines . As a result, staff and directors spend most of the day chasing form completion and completing tasks that have nothing to do with improving the lives of children . Staff often feel degraded and looked upon as "poor" workers when they are unable to meet all of the contrived activities, forms and timelines.
The change needs to come from the top and I don't see this happening any time soon
Cons
ineffective upper management
I really enjoy my co workers.
Social Service Worker/Foster Care (Current Employee) –  VA Beach, VAJuly 5, 2015
I enter the job and speak to everyone in the office. I then unpack my laptop back and begin to check my emails. I start to work on daily assignments/paperwork require for the week.
Pros
I enjoy interacting with my co workers and enjoy helping the children to be productive.
Cons
Children that I'm unable to reach/assist.
Fast paced environment with flexible work schedule
Foster Care Specialist/Case Management (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA.June 29, 2015
This job offers a good work/home life balance and can be highly demanding at times. Duties include written and verbal reports to all other agencies involved in the juvenile court system and county cyf affiliates. The ability to work with people and demonstrate appropriate judgment. Travel to various areas of the region to conduct home visits and attend court hearings. Work independently to resolve conflict and facilitate ongoing service needs.
learning environment
Placement Clinician (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 22, 2015
Bair is a great place to work if you are newly licensed professional. It's a great opportunity for entry level work, although they require way more experience then need be.
Pros
team building
Cons
No over-time, long hours
review
Kinship Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJune 7, 2015
not a lot of support from upper management, a lot of push for numbers rather than supporting people, I felt like I was pushed with little to no appreciation
Lubbock tx
Former emploee (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 25, 2015
Favoritism, no proper training. You watch videos as part of your training. Or have manuals ( poorly written). If you ask for help none is given. Avoid this place along with management. They are all about them selfs.
Parenting
Foster Parent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 8, 2015
Again highly respect any business or company that's primary focus is to service humanity and the community. Probably most challenging and rewarding job there is.

2.7