The Bancorp, Inc. Employee Reviews

Fast paced account manager position with room to advance
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDNovember 28, 2016
A fast paced position that allowed for advancement. Worked with large well known prepaid clients, and managed the programs day to day functions. Enjoyed the coworkers and they were always helpful. Management was hands off but were difficult to work with because they were always busy. Hardest part of the job was timelines and getting management approvals and timely responses. Most enjoyable was launching programs and working with clients and solving their problems.
Pros
Good benefits, changing environment, great group of coworkers
Cons
difficult to get management to move quickly, below average pay, lack of training
Good people to work with
AVP, SBA Loan Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 21, 2016
Overall, the company is a good company. The division I was in was very busy and a small group which let you learn much more of the whole group process, step by step. Very good team who worked together very well and communicated with one another to complete the loan process. Very good management who were willing to work with the support group and they had all done the job prior to becoming the manager.
Pros
Flexible working hours and able to work remote when needed, casual work environment, good teamwork, able to cross train, managers had done the job they were overlooking prior to becoming a manager
Cons
Long hours; very busy schedule so did not always take lunch breaks
Moving in the wrong direction
Client Care Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 1, 2016
Typical Call Center environment. The change in upper management has turned the place in to a "job" instead of a "career". This small bank is trying to run like the bigger banks, and treating the employees like a number instead of like valuable players on a team. New members of the management team have lost respect from the employees for bad decisions that have been made and the morale has decreased significantly. While the Call Center once felt like a family, and like a second home for many, it now feels like a means to an end. The number of meetings held on a daily basis, to make bad decisions or no decision at all, is a waste of valuable time and resources. There is no real career path at Bancorp nor is there any member of the leadership team that is engaged enough with the employees to know what they want to do while with the company. Growth opportunities must be sought out by the employees and personal development conversations rarely occur. This is a paycheck. Period. And not a very large or competitive one. If you are looking for a career in the financial industry I would not recommend applying.
Pros
The small group of honest and loyal employees that stick together to make it through the day
Cons
ALL of the management team, the salary, small almost nonexistent annual raise, The lack of communication between departments, lack of accountability for long time underperforming employees
The hardest part of the job
Customer Care Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 9, 2016
The hardest part of the job is the lack of cohesiveness between departments for the benefit of the customers. Each department is filled with knowledgeable, hard working agents, however, it appears that departments lack intercommunication skills so that processes and procedures are reviewed and discussed. There are times where it takes an escalation to realize there was no successful communication between various areas on the same client issue.
Pros
Compensation, Benefits, Management
Cons
Communication, Job security
major changes, I have had a good run
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEDecember 27, 2016
The company culture has shifted from a mom and pop environment to a more rigid "corporate" one. In one way it's a good thing because this type of shift brings more structure and organization however the morale has decreased.
The people are great. Too many changes.
Vice President, Deposit Operations (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 14, 2016
Was great in the beginning but not now with new management and downsizing. Entrepreneurial company but processes are too specialized making it difficult to realize economies of scale.
Pros
Some fun employee related activities
Cons
Too many changes in management.
Great place to get some experience
Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 20, 2016
Ok place to work for. Great learning experience. Very helpful with the learning different things. Some people were very friendly and cooperative.
Pros
great people to work with, flexible hours
Cons
no one's job is safe
Busy and productive
AVP, FIU Surveillance Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 5, 2016
Very hectic work environment: learned a lot about prepaid cards world; supportive management; love the field I am working in.
Flexible work schedule
Business Line Manager, Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 26, 2013
A typical day included: managing the relationship for the banks largest client, led conference calls with current client base, developed new products, facilitated all project management aspects to implement new products and/or new programs, developed new business and provided strategic presentations and negotiated contracts with the President of the bank, held weekly meetings with CTO and COO providing business analysis updates on current programs and worked through strategic planning on all new potential business.
Managed two individual contributors.
Hardest part of the job was managing through deliverables with little resources.
Most enjoyable part of the job was learning all aspects of banking: operations, call center functions, deposits and investments, prepaid product management and managing key relationships of the bank..
Pros
flexible schedule, friendly staff
Cons
lack of promotion opportunities and salary increases
Excellent personnel and cohesiveness
Client Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEDecember 3, 2014
The Bancorp is an excellent company to work as they allow you to be yourself and grow within your position. Typical work days involve client management, problem analysis and resolution, game planning for future business opportunities. Work/life balance is a huge part of the company as Bancorp is a branchless financial institution and many tasks can be done remotely. The entire management team at Bancorp is extremely intelligent and all excel in their respective areas, what sets them apart is that they treat each employee with respect and as an intricate part of their success.
Pros
Remote work possibilities, open door management policy, excellent environment
Cons
laid back office, tasks can be mundane/redundant
Productive workplace with
Implementation Specialist - Wealth Management Team (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 2, 2013
The bank is rapidly growing with great potential to expand internationally. Within Wealth Management, I am continuously included in potential affinity partner launches which translates into weekly conference calls and internal business line meetings for me. I frequently initiate updates to our wealth affinity websites...uploading new applications, forms or modifying content on the websites as needed. Our WM team is a great team of individuals - many of whom have come from other internal departments into our Wealth group, so many of us are familiar with working with each other which makes for a great working dynamic.
Pros
flexibility .. work from home when needed, Overall healthcare benefits are good
Cons
maternity leave could withstand an overhaul
A fast paced high volume call center
Lead Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 26, 2013
I have been enjoying my career at The Bancorp and am ready to accept new challenges. My family has been looking at the opportunity to relocate to Florida and see the open position at the Orlando office as a great fit. I have learned the flexibility necessary in the position and how to juggle several responsibilities at the same time.
Pros
401k, benefits, a competive salary.
Cons
repetitive corrective actions with co-workers.
flexible but tough to advance
Accounting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 14, 2014
For the most part management is very flexible with schedules and working from home. Advancement is difficult within departments and seems to only be obtainable by posting to other departments.
Pros
schedule flexiblilty
Cons
poor pay
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 19, 2013
The bank is filled with good and friendly people, the training is comprehensive and fun, and every opportunity is made to insure that the employee is happy.
Pros
Good management, team moral
Cons
Healthcare and Job advancement can be difficult
productive place to work
Customer Service Rep. (PT) (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEDecember 26, 2015
Call center environment. fun pace to work. Met a lot of nice people. And everyone was willing to help you. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning the different computer systems that you needed to do the job.
Pros
Everyday brought something new.
Cons
It was part time work.
Pleasant work environment
Consumer Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Exton, PAMay 17, 2012
I have worked for Bancorp for 4 years. I have learned another part of lending that I have not done in the past. I get along with co-workers and management very well and I love coming to work. Bancorp is very flexible when it comes to appointments etc. I have various underwriting duties which I like becaused it's not the same thing day after day. I am eager to learn new tasks.
Pros
good work environment, flexibility
Cons
far drive to work
Not great...
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 6, 2015
It was ok... i didn't like my supervisors. IT dept was like a fun house. no one did anything. but all the over departments in the company were great. i had a great team at one point until i got the job as the receptionist in the IT dept.
Pros
Great schedule 8-5
Cons
No Back up for the front desk. I was Denied PTO because they had no one to watch the front desk.
Thrift Bank
Vice President, Merchant Services (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEDecember 10, 2013
Bancorp is provides merchant services along with traditional loan products and deposits.
Pros
Provides competitive financial resources to small business
Cons
Not properly leveraged for the larger market
Great day at work, small but family atmosphere
Wire Transfer Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 31, 2014
I like working at this company because everyone knows each other and work hard to help you succeed
Team work & knowledge in the workplace
Sr. Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 22, 2014
A typical days at work is reviewing new & existing merchants to see if we can approve them for credit card processing or allow existing merchants to continue to process cred card transactions.
I've learned how to read & understand various reports in the merchant acquiring industry (credit reports, OFAC, MATCH, LexisNexis).
I've had the priviledge of working with some great co-workers that I've been able to learn from & in the same respect share my knowlege in the industry with them, as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Bancorp, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8