The Barracuda Group Employee Reviews in United States

Extensive cold-calling & organizing files
Executive Recruiter/Team Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 5, 2012
Extensive cold-calling, working w/ candidates to get them placed in a major O&G company
Cons
no benefits, no advancement
Good recruitment learning experience, but that's it.
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TxMay 26, 2015
Where do I start...

I understand recruiting is a hit or miss thing. Either you like it or you don't, either you're good at it or you're not. This company has a very high turnover rate. GOOD employees are not truly valued within the company; they just need warm bodies to act as gophers until they decide to either get rid of you or you get so fed up that you leave. There is no job security whatsoever even if you are doing everything right and are performing well; management may just feel like firing you. Sometimes they won't even give you a chance to prove yourself and I witnessed this on several occasions.

They are unprofessional. There was constant s*xual inappropriateness. One of the male managing partners in the company who thought he was God's gift to women would frequently hire certain women coming in for interviews just for the sole intent of being his "eye candy" (for the short-term) and/or to sleep with them. He never intended for them to actually work/train to recruit. I would genuinely feel bad for these women because they thought they were being LEGITIMATELY hired. In turn, the actual COMPETENT employees had to "so call" train these women in vain, because they would only last a few days at the most a few weeks, which was a complete waste of time. This was so unnerving because precious time was taken away from our already hectic and stressful schedules as well as not being compensated for training his "eye candy/future mistresses" because it was definitely not apart of our job descriptions.

A lot of our client companies were horrible and would request unethical
  more... things in order to get certain candidates. Our supervisors/managers were frequently untruthful with a lot of the candidates about potential jobs (i.e. bait & switch job offers/salaries). On many occasions we were instructed to do the same. It was all about filling the job orders by ANY means necessary; which could include being forced to stay at the office (located in a high crime/shoddy area of east downtown with no security) until late in the evening or being made to try and reach candidates after legal calling hours. I know that not all recruitment/staffing companies are like this, but this one takes the cake in my book. I'm glad I finally left when I did, even though it should have been A LOT sooner.

Although there is so much more that can be said, this is just a warning to anyone considering accepting a job from this company whether it be man or woman.
Pros
Learning the ins and outs of recruiting, helping my candidates get hired, and still staying in contact with them even after I left the company.
Cons
Management and unethical business practices.
Strange values and business practices, avoid at all costs
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 20, 2013
In conjunction with being really suspicious as a company, there is a ridiculous amount of social politicking happening behind the scenes at all times. Management is not open or honest about any of its policies in regard to what it means to be an asset to this company. Myself and two other former coworkers were fired without any legitimate reason and without warning, all varying in amounts of time spent working for The Barracuda Group.

What's funny is that it seems as though the entire company just looks busy on the surface. There's no actual way that anyone could see this if they ever walked in for a few minutes one day but EVERYTHING is just busywork, mostly just playing. There is no real goal, no solid direction as to how to get there and backlash when you respond to any question with anything more than a solid nodding of the head. Any questions asked to receive clarification about what it is that you do make you a target for termination, apparently. Displaying for any notion of having an IQ over two digits is frowned upon altogether.

While this sounds like a really easy job (shut your brain off, cold-call and ask questions) there is something really off about this company. Myself and my lawyer will personally be investigating but in the meantime would warn anyone being offered a position there to decline and not look back. I was informed that what I would be doing would be beneficial to the people that I contacted throughout the day but that was a major distortion of truth, among many others.

The reality of the matter is that this company will lie and warp any truth to
  more... get what it is they want, including your trust as an employee. Higher ups lie to your face without the slightest bit of remorse or conscientiousness, not a wince. Overall, a disgusting business collective with no values, no compassion, no transparency and a hazy sense of judgment. I wouldn't wish being involved with this company on my worst enemy.  less