The Barracuda Group Employee Reviews

Strange values and business practices, avoid at all costs
Recruiter (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 20, 2013
In conjunction with being really suspicious as a company, there is a ridiculous amount of social politicking happening behind the scenes at all times. Management is not open or honest about any of its policies in regard to what it means to be an asset to this company. Myself and two other former coworkers were fired without any legitimate reason and without warning, all varying in amounts of time spent – more... working for The Barracuda Group.

What's funny is that it seems as though the entire company just looks busy on the surface. There's no actual way that anyone could see this if they ever walked in for a few minutes one day but EVERYTHING is just busywork, mostly just playing. There is no real goal, no solid direction as to how to get there and backlash when you respond to any question with anything more than a solid nodding of the head. Any questions asked to receive clarification about what it is that you do make you a target for termination, apparently. Displaying for any notion of having an IQ over two digits is frowned upon altogether.

While this sounds like a really easy job (shut your brain off, cold-call and ask questions) there is something really off about this company. Myself and my lawyer will personally be investigating but in the meantime would warn anyone being offered a position there to decline and not look back. I was informed that what I would be doing would be beneficial to the people that I contacted throughout the day but that was a major distortion of truth, among many others.

The reality of the matter is that this company will lie and warp any truth to get what it is they want, including your trust as an employee. Higher ups lie to your face without the slightest bit of remorse or conscientiousness, not a wince. Overall, a disgusting business collective with no values, no compassion, no transparency and a hazy sense of judgment. I wouldn't wish being involved with this company on my worst enemy. – less
Fun work place, but productive
Recruiter (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 30, 2012
Pros: flexability
Cons: distance from my home with traffic
Great opportunity and ejoyable people to work with. Able to work with some industry leading companies and be a benefit to them.
Extensive cold-calling & organizing files
Executive Recruiter/Team Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 5, 2012
Cons: no benefits, no advancement
Extensive cold-calling, working w/ candidates to get them placed in a major O&G company