The Beam Team Employee Reviews in United States

not the greatest thing you can do if you're trying to have a good adult life.
Field Lead (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 6, 2016
if you are 20 and have nothing better to do this would be pretty awesome. if your 30 and trying to start a family, settle down and have a stable income and personal life... keep looking. long hours, 80% night shift- 20% day shift but you are out of town 90% of the time.
Pros
you see a lot of the country
Cons
85% of all workers are divorced and have no personal life
Previous work review.
Retail Engineer (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 10, 2015
I learned how to work alone and handle myself and resolve issues by myself. The hardest part of my job was probably working 12 hour graveyard shifts. A typical work day basically consisted of me showing up to a department alone or with one other person, and just recreating what we had learned during our one week of training.
Pros
Pros we 20 hours overtime per week.
Cons
Working alone often.
The information about working for The Beam Team that they do not tell you during the interview process
Senior Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 19, 2013
#1. Expect to be off for a week during every holiday without pay, this includes salaried positions.
#2. Traveling to projects is on you. It is not considered part of your hours for the week. Example: If you live in Delaware and you are scheduled for a project in Virginia, the 8 hours it takes to drive there is done on your own free time and you are not paid for it. You do get mileage but the amount you charge to the credit card they give you is deducted from the total mileage reimbursement that is accrued. So technically, you are paying for the gas to travel there anyway.
#3. Do not expect any training. You will be thrown into lead positions with very little face to face support. The company has a "sink or swim" mentality for the leaders they hire outside the company.
#4. They will tell you that you will work 8 hours a day with a little extra hours here and there. It is not true. Your salary is based off of 40 hours but you don't work less than 11 hours per day for each project and the help for the projects are either temps or bottom of the barrel employees.
#5. There is no consistency among the management team and holding associates accountable is a complete waste of time. If you follow the company handbook and hold the associates accountable for their adherence, the other leads will break every other rule and allow the same associates to do the same thing.
#6. Leads have job security because the company has no problem running you into the ground and scheduling you alone for 2 man projects.
Pros
no face to face supervision
Cons
hours, benefits, furlough weeks
laborer
Field Rep (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 20, 2015
building bays and taring down bays at homedepot restocking and relocating shelfs retail we traveled alot the worst time is when u had to go out of town and the best time is working with a great boss
Time is to short !
Pro Marketing (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXMay 14, 2015
I would collect updates for my trackers from the Tech's in the field. Update all trackers. Collect billing information. Process any job information needed for the day. Management was get always trying to make business better. It was a small office and there were only a few of us but it was a team office.
Pros
Easy to find something to do.
Cons
Business did not last long
The beam team
Senior Field Lead/Surveyor (Former Employee) –  NATIONWIDEMay 29, 2012
A company with both great workers and Management, and poor workers and Management. The majority of my career with the Beam Team it was a great job. I was delighted to work my way up the chain of command through hard work and dedication. Unfortunatly overall, the company is not loyal to that sentiment.
Pros
traveling, always a new project, testing your limits
Cons
unpaid overtime, temporary workers, negative management
The beam team
SLAVE (Former Employee) –  ???June 13, 2012
This is a tough company to work for-they lowball bids to get reset jobs at home depots and are not trustworthy to their employees.The employees come and go like flies on s_---!They are famous for bringing temp services (labor ready)on drugs or right out of prision with no experience nor tools.And get this a field rep makes 12.00-12.50 An hour and they pay the temp agencies 15.00 An hour! Go figure!The leadership is very poor!I had a temp sleeping and was not aloud to send him home but when I did something minor I got verbal counseling!This is very hard work--expect a backbreaking experience if you work here--also don't bring your tools as they will vanish and they do not reimburse you!Your loss they say!Beware because at times they steal union jobs!
Pros
3 day weekend
Cons
overnight/low pay/back breaking work/bad leadership/temp misfits and travel
Better off when I was unemployed
Site Lead (Former Employee) –  Colorado Utah Wyoming MontanaFebruary 7, 2015
Make it sound like a great deal. Good hourly pay and travel per diem with mileage reimbursement and a sign on bonus. Great. What they don't tell you is they are gonna have you travel 400 miles one way in your car work a night drive home and have u do it again next week to same place. So I bought a new car to accommodate the job. I recently fell on some ice dislocated my shoulder and had a drs note that they claimed they never received and fired me for no call no show. Extremely poor communication between management and employees. Crash course training. If you have never merchandised in this environment your guaranteed to fail. On top of being fired for calling out injured with a drs note, the claim they overpaid me in bonus money and the bonus has to be paid back cause I got fired before 90 days. They are trying to say I owe them for $800!!!! And withheld my last paycheck. I never got paid a red cent for mileage or per diem. They don't follow their own policies as outlined in their employees handbook, Didn't activate company credit card before I shipped off 3/days away with 2 days notice and it cost me out of pocket for food, gas, parking fees and was never paid travel time as promised for time at airport airplane or traveling to stores, unorganized, scheduler doesnt have a clue how far she is making people travel when there are employees that are in much closer proximity. Over nights at 8pm unless your a lead then must be in at minimum of 7pm. Work 13 and 15 hours and then spend an hour reporting back to management. They cut corners a lot leaving less then satisfactory results.  more... Worst company I have ever worked for. Now I'm stuck w a car payment and need a lawyer. I'm suing.  less
Pros
sounds good in theory
Cons
disaster pieced. thrown head first...sink or swim then unjustly fired.
Stay Away!
moron (Former Employee) –  everywhereJune 10, 2012
A typical night of work requires a stretcher by morning--(hard work)--under payed.too many inexperienced workers that don't have tools.They expect everything to be done in the blink of an eye!Ready set merchandising once owned part of the company and they gave work hours to their employees--even overtime,they were about the job getting done right,no matter how many hours.The Beam Team is all about rushing to get under hours and hiring temps that cut into employees hours.Avoid this if you have something else.Stay in school!
Pros
3 day weekend
Cons
hard work for time they give--no hours--underpayed, night work and temps with no tools
Not a place to seek employment
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Greater Chicago AreaMay 22, 2013
There is no typical day at work. Upon accepting a position to a Territory Manager, every waking moment was devoted to some form of work. Administrative duties typically would consume ten to eleven hours per day and one was expected to then proceed to a location and participate in work which should have been designated to a construction team, of which, the Territory Manager supervised.
Cons
very short breaks, unrealistic expectations, no vision or direction
Travel and variety of work
Field Lead, Retail Merchandising Engineer (Current Employee) –  DFWOctober 13, 2013
Different jobs keep it interesting, work with new people and get to flex your management skills working in different situations.
Pros
see new places
Cons
time away from home
Beam Team
Retail Merchandising Engineer (Current Employee) –  headquarters in GA work all over USAMay 6, 2014
no typical day, work site changes daily/weekly. limited instructions given for new jobs. management plays favorites.
unstable work/no hours for months at times.
Not too bad
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 1, 2013
The job is pretty straight forward. The pay is not bad. They try to figure out ways not to pay you for travel even though the job is mostly travel. The biggest customer has you work most of the time in third shift.
Traveling from state to state
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  United statesFebruary 3, 2013
Working here was great. I got to travel all the time and see things for the first time. My co workers were awesome and so was management.
Cons
leaving state on short notice
Not a bad job when there is work.
Merchandiser and Site Lead (Current Employee) –  Salem, OhioSeptember 30, 2014
Moving beams, hammer drill into cement, put displays together, move product accordingly to planogram, paperwork, certified fork lift, order picker and scissor lift operator.
Pros
out of town on occassion
Cons
not enough work for the year
Worked at Places like Home Depo, Sears.
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 20, 2012
Never knew when or if you had a job assignment. Might only work one day a week. Some times drive 50 to 60 miles for work to be sent back home.
Cons
traveled from stste to state. no mileage nor expence reports
Restocking and building displays
Lead II Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MoFebruary 20, 2013
Redo stock by taking off old and adding new. Rebuild new displays after taking the old ones out. Record the old stock that came out by count so they could resale.
Woot
Retail Engineer (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 17, 2014
Such a loively company to work for unless a water tower explodes and you cant pay your bills anymore.
Pros
there are a lot of them why cant i think of any.
Cons
there are a few.
a great place to work
Team Lead 1 (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta GaNovember 17, 2011
it was a good place to work but you had to deal with a lot of stuff from the home depot like changes and more changes
Pros
had a set area
Cons
changes all the time
Good company.
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 22, 2013
Great job, lots of traveling and overnight work. Most of the other employees were easy to get along with. Unfortunatly they didnt pay very well.

2.7