The Beam Team Employee Reviews

Awesome company, very family oriented
Site Lead/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Ms, Al, Tx, FlJune 11, 2017
I've been with this company almost 4 years and love my job. Meet new people daily, can call for any question and when I had to be off for family, they made it happen and then kept up with my life and encouraged me every step of the way. They still email me weekly asking how everyone is. Support is a phone call away. Never got a blanket explanation to a question and never had to leave a message. Open door means exactly that, all the way up the chain of command. Love them one and all
Pros
travel, family oriented, open door policy
Cons
travel
Confused chaos
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  North East USMay 31, 2017
Travel is mostly out of town, long work weeks as a supervisor. More paperwork than physical work without enough time to complete. Travel department is clueless on distance / location / traffic patterns. Employees have a get in, get done, throw the book out the window mentality. Corporate management has a throw the field under the bus mentality, but very rarely "council" their employees.
Pros
Cons
travel, long work week, employee morral
Great company to work for
Admin (Current Employee) –  Canton, GAApril 12, 2017
Family like atmosphere, a very cool company to work for. You get to know everyone in the office. If you consider yourself as a hardworking person, then this is a company to work for.
Hotels, Seeing new places, Traveling
Flex Site Lead (Current Employee) –  Wirtz, VAMarch 28, 2017
I am a Flex Lead for the company i work for I enjoy my job by learning new things almost everyday. I've learned doing store resets and stocking shelf's and much more.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Short hours atm.
Best company to work for
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMarch 16, 2017
I appreciate working for this company and feel so very fortunate. I do work in corporate and understand working in the field in much harder due to travel. But people have to understand that in this industry, and doing Retail Resets that it is a tough job. This company does everything they can to make everyones' job whether in the field, or in the office a good experience. But, generally, it's a given that people who are unhappy will always write about any company when they feel they've been done an injustice. People are paid for their travel, and put up in hotels when they travel. And this company pays a very decent wage for it's positions. No company is perfect. The Recruiters are upfront about the work, pay, reimbursements, and travel. There are no underlying pieces of information not shared at any point. Mgmt. works very hard to keep a good line of communication at all times. HR is very fair. Mgmt is always working to make this company better and better. The feel in the office is one of a family. I feel like an employee instead of a number. Anyone, who complains about the travel in the field was told about the travel before they took the job. So it's on them if they've become unhappy with their work. This is an awesome company to work for, and those who are unhappy need to relay their situations to mgmt in order for any situation to be address properly as this company truly represents Open Door Policy!
Pros
Awesome Company
Family owned business that made you feel like you were needed.
Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 19, 2017
Working for the Beamteam was interesting because there was so many different projects that had to be completed in a set amount of time. I spent many miles on the road completing projects in my territory that included Georgia,Alabama, Tennessee and parts of Florida. Resets included removing merchandise from shelves and rebuilding shelves and replace merchandise back on shelves. I was require to have my own tools needed for the job at hand.
Pros
Companyhad a genuine concerned about its employees health
Cons
Work was not consistent year round
decent company
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 16, 2017
This company pays well and provides mileage refund. I enjoyed going to various work sites. The employees trained me well and i was confident in doing my job.
productive and fast pace environment
Project Leader (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 13, 2017
production team member
Team work and motivational member of the team
Great company to work for
new project every day
A lot of traveling
follow planograms and read planograms
Lies all Lies
Flex leader (Former Employee) –  GaDecember 30, 2016
Full of promises that they don't keep and the lies ,they will tell you anything to get you to do what they want full of lies and travel that they said wasn't going to be like that but they don't care as long as their job gets done
Pros
It's a job
Cons
The lies and everything else
Poor Company
Site Lead (Former Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 10, 2016
This company is one of the most awful companies to work for. Long unpaid/unsafe traveling. Want you to work all night then drive several hours home with no hotel. No home life on top of that. Management doesn't communicate with field employees at all. When there are issues all they do is blame point their finger instead of adressing issues. They point blank have no reguard for your personal items (tools, vehicles, ect). Nor do they care about your safty in the field or travel personally have had to sleep in my vehicle multiple times. Have had multiple vehicles break down due to extinsive traveling states away from home, then left to pay for towing repairs and finding someone to come that far to get you home. Then you are in trouble for having unreliable vehicles. Forced to operate equipment and do unlicensed electrical work. I could go on and on about this company. Short story is they are awful company with awful management.

*warning* Management is full of false promises and lies.
Pros
Field workers
Cons
Everything else
not the greatest thing you can do if you're trying to have a good adult life.
Field Lead (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 6, 2016
if you are 20 and have nothing better to do this would be pretty awesome. if your 30 and trying to start a family, settle down and have a stable income and personal life... keep looking. long hours, 80% night shift- 20% day shift but you are out of town 90% of the time.
Pros
you see a lot of the country
Cons
85% of all workers are divorced and have no personal life
fun and productive and the nights go quick
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 9, 2015
hardworking in the amount of time you were given friendly safe atmosphere friendly workers and very helpful and Monday through Friday which is a plus
Pros
worked inside rain or no rain still worked usually close by home
Cons
short breaks and had to stay till we finished
laborer
Field Rep (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 20, 2015
building bays and taring down bays at homedepot restocking and relocating shelfs retail we traveled alot the worst time is when u had to go out of town and the best time is working with a great boss
Previous work review.
Retail Engineer (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 10, 2015
I learned how to work alone and handle myself and resolve issues by myself. The hardest part of my job was probably working 12 hour graveyard shifts. A typical work day basically consisted of me showing up to a department alone or with one other person, and just recreating what we had learned during our one week of training.
Pros
Pros we 20 hours overtime per week.
Cons
Working alone often.
Time is to short !
Pro Marketing (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXMay 14, 2015
I would collect updates for my trackers from the Tech's in the field. Update all trackers. Collect billing information. Process any job information needed for the day. Management was get always trying to make business better. It was a small office and there were only a few of us but it was a team office.
Pros
Easy to find something to do.
Cons
Business did not last long
Better off when I was unemployed
Site Lead (Former Employee) –  Colorado Utah Wyoming MontanaFebruary 7, 2015
Make it sound like a great deal. Good hourly pay and travel per diem with mileage reimbursement and a sign on bonus. Great. What they don't tell you is they are gonna have you travel 400 miles one way in your car work a night drive home and have u do it again next week to same place. So I bought a new car to accommodate the job. I recently fell on some ice dislocated my shoulder and had a drs note that they claimed they never received and fired me for no call no show. Extremely poor communication between management and employees. Crash course training. If you have never merchandised in this environment your guaranteed to fail. On top of being fired for calling out injured with a drs note, the claim they overpaid me in bonus money and the bonus has to be paid back cause I got fired before 90 days. They are trying to say I owe them for $800!!!! And withheld my last paycheck. I never got paid a red cent for mileage or per diem. They don't follow their own policies as outlined in their employees handbook, Didn't activate company credit card before I shipped off 3/days away with 2 days notice and it cost me out of pocket for food, gas, parking fees and was never paid travel time as promised for time at airport airplane or traveling to stores, unorganized, scheduler doesnt have a clue how far she is making people travel when there are employees that are in much closer proximity. Over nights at 8pm unless your a lead then must be in at minimum of 7pm. Work 13 and 15 hours and then spend an hour reporting back to management. They cut corners a lot leaving less then satisfactory results.  more... Worst company I have ever worked for. Now I'm stuck w a car payment and need a lawyer. I'm suing.  less
Pros
sounds good in theory
Cons
disaster pieced. thrown head first...sink or swim then unjustly fired.
Not a bad job when there is work.
Merchandiser and Site Lead (Current Employee) –  Salem, OhioSeptember 30, 2014
Moving beams, hammer drill into cement, put displays together, move product accordingly to planogram, paperwork, certified fork lift, order picker and scissor lift operator.
Pros
out of town on occassion
Cons
not enough work for the year
Beam Team
Retail Merchandising Engineer (Current Employee) –  headquarters in GA work all over USAMay 6, 2014
no typical day, work site changes daily/weekly. limited instructions given for new jobs. management plays favorites.
unstable work/no hours for months at times.
Woot
Retail Engineer (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 17, 2014
Such a loively company to work for unless a water tower explodes and you cant pay your bills anymore.
Pros
there are a lot of them why cant i think of any.
Cons
there are a few.
Travel and variety of work
Field Lead, Retail Merchandising Engineer (Current Employee) –  DFWOctober 13, 2013
Different jobs keep it interesting, work with new people and get to flex your management skills working in different situations.
Pros
See new places
Cons
Time away from home