The Beck Group Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Great place to work!
Superintendent (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 12, 2017
I love working at The Beck Group and would never leave if I didn't have to. I am forced to move to Florida for family reasons. I am reaching out to the Tampa office for placement.
Pros
Awesome place to work
Cons
Excessive travel
Good learning opertunity
Construction Foreman (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 4, 2017
This company gave me a feel for the basic, leadership, planing, management , operating equipment, running a crews, building from the ground up, seeing the project from start to finish.
Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 11, 2017
Enjoyed my time at BECK. I enjoyed working with the people and everyone seemed to have a good attitude at work. I think its a great company that takes care of their employees.
Pros
Free lunch good people
Cons
jobsite downtown
Great Company, Poor Management
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 21, 2015
Beck is an amazing company to work with. Small company feel with big corporate benefits. Management gives little to no credit or room for advancement.
Hard work pays off
Field Engineer Assistant and Manual Laborer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 29, 2015
I initially began work for this company as a manual laborer at the Red Maple Rill exhibit at the Dallas Arboretum. I was there before any work had began, all the way to its completion in september of 2011. The next summer I worked as a Field Engineer Assistant, which helped me see the importance of the little things. Both jobs were beneficial, however difficult construction work may be. Some days it was 125+ on the heat index with no wind at the arboretum, but this taught me to take care of my body to prepare it for the grueling week ahead. I had to change my diet and workout schedule to compensate for the physical toll it took on my body. However, I bought my first car with all the money I made. Overall, these jobs were crucial in my development into a well-versed man. I am glad to have had both of these jobs.
Pros
The Co-workers the Pressure and the Dedication
Cons
Heat and lack of a sleep schedule
Need to work on some things.
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Dallas,TxMarch 10, 2015
Good job and many benefits for those seeking a job in this field, but the accounting department is a little unorganized with a software program that isnt very user friendly. The company should also press and push for going paperless and creating a document control system for filing because there is alot of wasted time being in a copy room along with paper.They also need to improve on better training programs rather than expecting people to know what to do and learn on their own and maybe consider utilizing some of the 40 hour training towards this. The company does alot of good for its employees, but the insurance and benefits are mediocre. Sitting in a cubicle all day also got to be pretty dull and boring with little to no social interaction. This job is good for those that are in design and architecture, but for those in the business sector or accounting they must really be watchful and really know what you are getting into before signing on.
Pros
Exposure to the design world
Cons
Poor training and unorganization
A 100 best companies to work for in Dallas
Debit Card Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 6, 2015
A very busy, productive workplace nice lounging setting near many
outside place of interest for breaks. An open cubicle office setting by department cordial working environment. Phases of summarized accounting including A/P , A/R, bank reconciliation, general ledger, check writing for disbursement and debit card administrator. Worked with the Financial officer of the company. The month end closing was the busiest time. The most enjoyable was department meetings and social times with the company employees.
Pros
Flex time
Cons
Work-balance (time for family)
Fun place to work
Project Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 19, 2015
Monday morning meetings were always a joy to hear about everyone's weekend and how the company was progressing with projects. I learned a lot about fitness and health through the programs they provided. Management was always busy with new projects coming up and client relations. I met a lot of talented open minded people that were eager to continue learning. I would say the hardest part of the job was the disconnect with bringing in new people and getting them the training needed to preform their job in a timely manner. However, being around such happy people made the job more enjoyable.
Pros
health conscious
Cons
not enough up front training or people with time to dedicate to training
Productive and fun work place. I enjoyed working with all of my co workers.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 11, 2014
A typical day at The Beck Group included answering the phone, directing calls, making copies, filing, sending and receiving mail. I really enjoyed working there. When I took the job there it was only going to be for 18 months and/or until the construction job they were doing was done. When that was done, the office manager at one of their other locations asked if I could come and work with her for a little bit longer so got to go and help her for a few more months. I really liked the people I worked with there and was sad to see the job end and get laid off, but it was great to have had the experience.
Pros
Great pay, awesome and friendly staff
Cons
it was kind of far from my house
Challenging and rewarding experience right out of Architecture school
Project Manager / Architect (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 3, 2013
After graduating from Texas Tech University, I began my career at The Beck Group in Dallas, Texas. This enabled me to obtain practical, in-depth experience in both construction and architecture. For four years, I had been part of the management team for multiple projects, ranging from a large Southwestern Bell telephone central office, to retail building expansions and turnkey projects from the ground up. I am experienced with construction management, technology and architecture, making me a qualified candidate for the design/build process.