The Berry Company Employee Reviews

Fun Place to work
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 29, 2017
After morning meetings it was start to work getting on the phone. You couold make as much as you wanted if you put the effort into it. It was a great and fun place to work. I felt like I never went to work when I went into work
Excellent company
Internal Quality Auditor (Former Employee) –  Santo Domingo D,RNovember 24, 2017
They had the best work environment and capacitaciĆ³n for their employees and good opportunities to grow up in the company plus a lot of benefits and great management.
Data Entry / Marketing
Closing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 11, 2017
I gained a lot of experience and knowledge with working with the company. I really enjoyed my time there and was able to provide custimers with great service,
Good Experience
Sales/Marketing Internship (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 24, 2017
I interned there and it was a good experience. I was involved with the sales team and the marketing team. I learned an immense amount about sales and marketing.
Yellow Page Industry
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 16, 2017
The Berry Company was founded on the yellow page industry and it continues to focus it's sales efforts on an antiquated form of advertising that the public isn't interested in.
High pressure sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 3, 2017
I was selling ads in telephone directories. Working in an Outbound call center making 25 to 30 outbound calls to customers who have ads in the telephone book and get them to renew their ad for the up coming year.
Pros
Cons
Very stressful
Customer Service/Billing Investigator
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 24, 2017
Arrive 10-15 before scheduled start time to log onto PC then I entered start time in online timesheet, opened programs that I used throughout the day, and logged onto telephones at start time.
As Billing Investigator I was second tier for incoming calls as my primary role was handling customer-iniated billing cases (Errors).

Throughout the day I would create billing histories on customer's accounts using MS Excel spreadsheet. Once billing history was created, I would evaluate activity on account for possible errors. Once I completed billing history, I would call customer to inform them that I was emailing completed billing history to them and set up appointment time for them to call me back once they had an opportunity to review.
At set appointment time, customer would call me back on my direct line and I would go over the billing history with them and get their input into possible discrepencies. If I determined there was billing errors on account that were companies's fault I would adjust account accordingly.

Throughout the day I would recieve inbound calls from customers and I would take appropraiate actions based on call and note the system of everything that went on during call. I would then get back to working my billing histories.
Pros
Exciting working with numbers and in most cases turning a frown upside down
Cons
No room for advancement unless I went into sales
Great Company
Implementation Manager/Account coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHAugust 23, 2017
Great company to work for. Great benefits and offers generous PTO time. This company is growing and there are lots of opportunities out there. Would recommend working here
Pros
People
Cons
trainng
Very Clicky, Manager was Nasty
Collections Manager (Former Employee) –  Hudson, OHAugust 1, 2017
Company was a mess, went through bankruptcy. Management had no idea what they were doing. Customer service over saw Credit and Collections which was a big conflict of interest. Processes always changed,
Reasonable place to work
Production clerk (Former Employee) –  Moraine, OHJuly 18, 2017
The demands on an employee were reasonable and the managers fair. It was a lot of data entry and didn't require a lot of thought, just attention to detail.
Fun workplace
Media Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 3, 2017
Typical work day would be calling clients that have place ads and getting them to retain service with AT&T provided my the company and keeping them paying the same amount or higher. We were able to sell clients different products such as online advertisement, YellowPage placement, video ads and mailings.
Pros
starting pay and the people were great to work with
Cons
compensation was draw based on what clients spent on the pass year
Lots of travel
Marketing Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  all over southeastJune 6, 2017
This is a great company for someone who can travel and be away from family for weeks at the time. Great money to be made if you work smart and hard. Great for independent worker.
Print and digital advertising company.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 2, 2017
Is a good print and digital advertising company that helps organizations build advertising campaigns that generate more business and revenue for the company as a whole.
Pros
Running your own business
Cons
Pay and micro management
Very busy and multiple task to preform daily and increased as time went on.
Customer Servie Representative (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 5, 2017
The Berry Company is a very busy customer service rep dept. Multiple tasks needed to be done throughout the day and those increased monthly. They have a huge turn around because they will hire a lot of phone reps and then lay people off a few months later. This is a constant cycle for the company. They believe they can handle customer care with a few reps then discover the workload gets backed up and hire people. After a couple months they lay people off to save money. The cycle keeps going year after year. Not a very stable job.
Pros
Monthly luncheons, great supervisors, cafeteria in the building
Cons
No pay raise the entire 5 years, for any rep, that I was employed, Supervisors & Director didn't know how to do most of the work we did. Training was minimal.
A great palce to work
Senior Production Clerk White Page Closer (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 4, 2017
A great place to work. Co-workers became life long friends. Friendly working environment. Office manager lacking in professional skills, but team work made them look professional, through hard work and dedication to excellence.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
jobs outsourced
Horrible.
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COFebruary 9, 2017
The company is falling apart. The executives pay themselves OUTLANDISH salaries while the rest of the employees are not compensated appropriately. No job security.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 10, 2017
The products work well providing our client's with a measurable ROI. The support teams are professional and hardworking.
Freelance writing horror
Freelance writer (Former Employee) –  Texas Spring Canyon, NVMay 16, 2016
Was let go after not meeting their 4-star requirements, even though my overall score was a 4 if you were to review it for the last 2 months. They gave me 2 weeks to pull my score 'back up', which was impossible with the number of articles given to write. Even with all 4s or 5s it wouldn't meet their standards. Plus, you get a different editor every time, so who knows who will say your work is passable or not? One editor always gave me 3s while the rest gave me 4s or 5s for the same quality work. A 3 is payable, so why get let go for it, and I wasn't at a less-than-4 status. You have to supply your own pictures for the posts and include keywords that are unrelated for a dismal $15. It takes easily up to an hour to do a single post, and with all the requirements, they should pay more. It's a shame, too, and it's no wonder they are CONSTANTLY HIRING... Also- they expect more words for posts than they ask for in the job ad, so you aren't getting paid as well as you think you are.
Pros
Cons
pay, editors, let go for no reason
Conducive to open communication & continuous growth
Advertising Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 27, 2016
Entry level advertising account executives were assigned a particular canvas, with a revenue assignment as well.

I helped calculate the expected ROI and ascertained a profit margin acceptable to all parties through advertising pushes and various incentive programs

The employees had the advantage of my expertise on a daily basis as well as quarterly support days implemented to assit in reaching the clients expectations
Pros
bonus structure, travel incentives
Cons
bought out by Ameritech
Awesome place to work, would go back in a heart beat
receptionist administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCDecember 29, 2015
this job was 13 years of wonderful, fast pace work, dead lines, always something new to learn. Amazing benefits, management was great as well, always room for advancement, this company is very large and even if you had never seen someone faces to face, you still felt like family, even in an email and on the phone. Typical work day lots of paper work, checking for errors, talking to customers, communicating with sales rep, management, other businesses, worked closely with telephone companies. Hardest part of this job. Leaving. I can honestly say I never once said "I don't wont to go to work today" working for The Berry Company.