The Berry Company

The Berry Company Employer Reviews

Trying to stay alive in a dying business
Client Services Senior Associate (Former Employee), Federal Way, WAFebruary 20, 2015
Berry, is primarily a yellow pages company, trying to turn the page into the world of online advertising with limited success due to product portfolio.
The company is serious trouble with the decline of print results
Account Representative (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: established relationships with clients
Cons: poor product results and poor fulfillment of digital media
The management team is brutal to work for and big on punitively punishing their sales people for local clients canceling advertising. During my time with the company they changed publication dates of phone directories without telling their sales team then when the project was nearly completed asked the sales team to go back and tell the client they are enacting a clause in the contract to extend the billing of the old contract by 3 months. This put the sales people in a very bad light with the local businesses. I would not recommend this company.
Outside Sales
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee), USAFebruary 7, 2015
Good money, Culture could improve along with management. Lots of support from co-works on my team. Most enjoyable part of my job is I get to meet new people and help the local small business.
I loved helping peoples business through a great advertising program
Customer Service & Sales Representative History (Former Employee), Seattle and various different citiesJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: putting together a sucessful advertising program for my clients
Cons: getting a lot of no's
My day was at least 10 hours a day I. I would spend the morning making sure I had all the correct information that I would need about my customers business and his competitors to make sure I could put together the best possible program for my customer.

Over the thirteen years I did advertising I learned that when I had the customers business need first the better I did. I always enjoying sharing sales ideas with my co-workers. I often found my got some of the best ideas from a co-worker

The hardest part of sales is of course ; however the best part is closing a big sales that I had worked very hard on
competitve sales culture, customer focused mentality
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee), Honolulu, HIJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: $'s revolve around your performance; sales tools and management readily available; great hours, benefits, and holiday pay
Cons: none; any job is stressful and requires hard work to succeed
The Berry Company is one of the best Nationwide companies to work for if you are looking for a sales and customer service job. When I started in June 2014, I was not 100% sure that I would like being in an office setting all day and being on the phone, although there is a Outside Sales Rep position. I was so used to taking care of customers in person. It took me a good 3 months to get comfortable with my job,but I absolutely love it today! Once you gain knowledge of the Hawaiian Telcom directory regulations, online marketing and advertising products, and LocalVox, everything becomes a breeze. You become 100% focused on getting to know the customer and which of our products best fit their business needs. You are paid salary plus commissions. Your performance pays off, and it starts with the customer. You are apart of a team and new competitive opportunites are given to help you earn more $'s. Management today cares about their employees. They drop what they are doing to help you in the time of need. If you don't have a need to succeed, then this job is not for you. The job has a lot of growth opportunites around every corner.
If you're not cut out for sales, this is not a good fit for you.
Client Services Senior Consultant (Current Employee), Honolulu, HIOctober 2, 2014
Pros: co-workers, commission opportunities, existing client base, growth opportunities
Cons: some back office issues, fulfillment, growing pains
Berry has been a great place to work. The team here really makes it a fun environment. The work/life balance is pretty great. The location and atmosphere is pretty great as well.
A great place to work and have a career
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee), Honolulu, HIOctober 2, 2014
Pros: matching 401k, . full medical and dental, generous pto plan.
Cons: some weekday travel required.
The Hawaii office of the Berry company is a great place to work. Management guides you in the right direction and compensation, benefits and sales training is top notch. I have been in the Advertising/Marketing field and The Berry Company has been really good to me.
Great Place to Work
Senior Client Services Manager (Current Employee), High Point, NCOctober 2, 2014
Great place to hone sales skills. Benefits are good and commissions can be limitless
A learning experience with this company
Manager-EAS, Tables and Master Schedule (Former Employee), Dayton, OHOctober 1, 2014
I worked for The Berry Company for 20 years plus. I went up throuh the company and learned so much about the publishing business and customer service. I love helping people and being customer focused.
A learning experience with this company
Great company with advancement opportunity for those that EARN it!
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Honolulu, HISeptember 22, 2014
Pros: excellent atmosphere, relevant digital product offering, opportunity for advancement
Cons: sick time is not accrued, have to use pto when sick.
Its great to be a part of a company that rewards hard work. Berry has continued to invest in itself so that the products offered are modern and results oriented. Great training program with training pay and the ability to earn commissions right away! If you are willing to learn the product, understand the process and work hard you will be rewarded with a great commission structure!
customer relations representative (Former Employee), 3100 Research Boulevard Dayton OH 45420September 12, 2014
Pros: fair and impartial treatment. relaxed environment.
Cons: not having enough hours in the work day to finish everything you would like to finish.
Good People, nice management, interesting job. The hardest part of the job was juggling the phones with all of the side work that had to be done for each customer. Being able to help customers or give assistance to a fellow worker was the most rewarding part.
Stay Away - Far Away
Employee (Former Employee), High Point, NCSeptember 5, 2014
This is not a company that you want to work for. Sales positions are micro-managed, account distribution is not fair, and management is unorganized and ineffective.

The products they sell are outdated, websites beyond basic, and commission is ridiculous.

There's no loyalty to employees, and there seems to be no clear direction from the top - other than produce at all costs.
Great Company
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: good compensation and recognition. decent benefits
Cons: unrealistic expectations and high turnover.
The Berry Company handled the advertising for The Real Yellow Pages before AT&T purchased it in 2006. It had a great family feel to the company and treated their employees well. The compensation and recognition for exceeding expectations was outstanding. The Berry Company then became AT&T Advertising and was then sold to Cerberus, an investment firm, in 2012 and is now known as YP Holdings LLC.
Good place to start your career.
Current Employee (Current Employee), Dayton, OHAugust 18, 2014
Good place to start your career in entry level sales. Lot's of money to be made and fun to be had.
Management is extremely understanding and willing to work out your time for family issues
Publishing Project Manager (Current Employee), Dayton, OHAugust 7, 2014
Extremely focused, managing multiple projects everyday.

All phases of how the company product is processed from start to end.
Loved The Berry Company!
Corporate Awards Manager/Budget Analyst (Former Employee), Dayton, OhioJune 6, 2014
Pros: everything!
Cons: that a great company was bought by another company that didn't know how to run a company
I loved every position I had Berry. Unfortunately, the company was bought out by LIM of Denver and my position was transferred to Denver Colorado to another person there. Outsourcing was big with this LIM.
Not a good culture
anonymous (Current Employee), High Point, OHJune 4, 2014
Pros: life/work balance, great co-workers
Cons: heavily micro-managed, upper management is not on same page for success of company, very low base with commission
Call center type of environment for inside sales and micro-managing from upper management. Co-workers are great and make the day go by quickly.
There are some internal issues that will prevent success in High Point until leadership is changed.
Provides a good basis for training and preparing for the future
Client Services Senior Associate (Current Employee), High Point, NCMay 27, 2014
Pros: good and constant training and great co workers and fairly good benefits
Cons: very challenging and you have to constantly be on your toes, but you are given good training for the most part. and giving your best.
This a challenging and high productivity place to work. You will learn the basis of SEM, SEO, websites, and a plethora of other digital and technological products. You need to constantly be learning and keeping up with the newest technology in order to be successful in this environment. The co workers are great and everyone wants to help each other. The benefits are good

1 2 3 4

About The Berry Company

The Berry Company is deeply committed to supporting the communities where we live and work. Our employees, who participate through – Read more