The Berry Company Employee Reviews in United States

Conducive to open communication & continuous growth
Advertising Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 27, 2016
Entry level advertising account executives were assigned a particular canvas, with a revenue assignment as well.

I helped calculate the expected ROI and ascertained a profit margin acceptable to all parties through advertising pushes and various incentive programs

The employees had the advantage of my expertise on a daily basis as well as quarterly support days implemented to assit in reaching the clients expectations
Pros
bonus structure, travel incentives
Cons
bought out by Ameritech
Awesome place to work, would go back in a heart beat
receptionist administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCDecember 29, 2015
this job was 13 years of wonderful, fast pace work, dead lines, always something new to learn. Amazing benefits, management was great as well, always room for advancement, this company is very large and even if you had never seen someone faces to face, you still felt like family, even in an email and on the phone. Typical work day lots of paper work, checking for errors, talking to customers, communicating with sales rep, management, other businesses, worked closely with telephone companies. Hardest part of this job. Leaving. I can honestly say I never once said "I don't wont to go to work today" working for The Berry Company.
Recruited away from a solid position for The Berry Company
Account Manager- Multiple Territories (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MODecember 9, 2015
The company offered agreements that were false. Terminated by error after 7 months of changing multiple assignments with success.
Pros
Initial Compensation
Cons
Poor Management
Inside Sales Rep.
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCOctober 14, 2015
Typing, 40 words per minutes and great computer skills. Customer service, problem solving and accounts payable skills.
Many parties
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati,OHSeptember 23, 2015
I worked at Berry many years ago. Yellow Pages just never truly reinvented themselves with all the new technology. They are strictly a sales organization.
Computer Graphic Artist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 8, 2015
I was graphic artist for the yellow pages for the phone book. I was a cut and paste board artist and started learning Macintosh art programs for the computer and assisted with company with their art for their yellow page ads.
Pros
Many group activitys at corporate functions
Cons
No company bonus
a boiler room full of stress
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 22, 2015
no professional ethics
no interest in client objectives
Just ram the most expensive solutions down the customers throat and move on to next
no pride or care in delivering accurate advertising to the customer
terrible design in ads and websites
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
too many to list
Scamming small businesses
Digital Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 29, 2015
I had to leave after working here for just a few short months, there is NO female management or leadership at least for the Dayton and Cincinnati "frat houses"

They hire individuals who have NO experience with SEO, marketing, copyright, or web developmeny experience and the ones they do (like me) see how they are taking advantage of small businesses and leave which is why they have such a high turn over rate.

Any company can set up a Google plus account, it's free! And they charge for this, they also don't implement schema coding (something almost all their new hires don't know or understand) and they use their own "analytics" which doesn't even offer real time tracking like Google analytics, which is also free!

Small businesses realize the scam soon after and drop like flies, making it difficult to retain accounts.

The boss of the Dayton office let's his son run the Cincinnati office like a dang frat house and it's completely unprofessional and lacking in female management or diversity.

My manager was previously in sales and had NO idea what SEO, schema coding, or html was! He had to ask ME for advice and that's whose running these small businesses accounts...

Also if you have a degree, experience, speak multiple languages, and are working on your masters you sill get crummy pay, I've worked as an admin assistant before and made more money!

I DO NOT recommend this company.
Pros
There's multiple exits.
Cons
Berry is a decent place to work
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 27, 2015
My daily job duties varied everyday due to the nature of the job. I worked on financials, worked with clients, created and maintained reports and documents.
I've learned a lot over the years including basic office work, pc skills, generating various reports, reveiw of financial reports, creating memos for customers, working with customers, and developing budgets.
Co-workers were wonderful to work with.
My direct Manager was a great and understanding person to work for.
Hardest part of job was not knowing if I would have one the next day.
Most enjoyable part of job was the work I did and the people I worked with.
Pros
travel for the company
Cons
company did not care about their employees
Trying to stay alive in a dying business
Client Services Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAFebruary 20, 2015
Berry, is primarily a yellow pages company, trying to turn the page into the world of online advertising with limited success due to product portfolio.

Want to know more about The Berry Company?

Ask a question
The company is serious trouble with the decline of print results
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 16, 2015
The management team is brutal to work for and big on punitively punishing their sales people for local clients canceling advertising. During my time with the company they changed publication dates of phone directories without telling their sales team then when the project was nearly completed asked the sales team to go back and tell the client they are enacting a clause in the contract to extend the billing of the old contract by 3 months. This put the sales people in a very bad light with the local businesses. I would not recommend this company.
Pros
established relationships with clients
Cons
poor product results and poor fulfillment of digital media
Outside Sales
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  USAFebruary 7, 2015
Good money, Culture could improve along with management. Lots of support from co-works on my team. Most enjoyable part of my job is I get to meet new people and help the local small business.
I loved helping peoples business through a great advertising program
Customer Service & Sales Representative History (Former Employee) –  Seattle and various different citiesJanuary 25, 2015
My day was at least 10 hours a day I. I would spend the morning making sure I had all the correct information that I would need about my customers business and his competitors to make sure I could put together the best possible program for my customer.

Over the thirteen years I did advertising I learned that when I had the customers business need first the better I did. I always enjoying sharing sales ideas with my co-workers. I often found my got some of the best ideas from a co-worker

The hardest part of sales is of course ; however the best part is closing a big sales that I had worked very hard on
Pros
putting together a sucessful advertising program for my clients
Cons
getting a lot of no's
competitve sales culture, customer focused mentality
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 24, 2015
The Berry Company is one of the best Nationwide companies to work for if you are looking for a sales and customer service job. When I started in June 2014, I was not 100% sure that I would like being in an office setting all day and being on the phone, although there is a Outside Sales Rep position. I was so used to taking care of customers in person. It took me a good 3 months to get comfortable with my job,but I absolutely love it today! Once you gain knowledge of the Hawaiian Telcom directory regulations, online marketing and advertising products, and LocalVox, everything becomes a breeze. You become 100% focused on getting to know the customer and which of our products best fit their business needs. You are paid salary plus commissions. Your performance pays off, and it starts with the customer. You are apart of a team and new competitive opportunites are given to help you earn more $'s. Management today cares about their employees. They drop what they are doing to help you in the time of need. If you don't have a need to succeed, then this job is not for you. The job has a lot of growth opportunites around every corner.
Pros
$'s revolve around your performance; sales tools and management readily available; great hours, benefits, and holiday pay
Cons
none; any job is stressful and requires hard work to succeed
If you're not cut out for sales, this is not a good fit for you.
Client Services Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 2, 2014
Berry has been a great place to work. The team here really makes it a fun environment. The work/life balance is pretty great. The location and atmosphere is pretty great as well.
Pros
co-workers, commission opportunities, existing client base, growth opportunities
Cons
some back office issues, fulfillment, growing pains
A great place to work and have a career
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 2, 2014
The Hawaii office of the Berry company is a great place to work. Management guides you in the right direction and compensation, benefits and sales training is top notch. I have been in the Advertising/Marketing field and The Berry Company has been really good to me.
Pros
matching 401k, . full medical and dental, generous pto plan.
Cons
some weekday travel required.
Great Place to Work
Senior Client Services Manager (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCOctober 2, 2014
Great place to hone sales skills. Benefits are good and commissions can be limitless
A learning experience with this company
Manager-EAS, Tables and Master Schedule (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 1, 2014
I worked for The Berry Company for 20 years plus. I went up throuh the company and learned so much about the publishing business and customer service. I love helping people and being customer focused.
Great company with advancement opportunity for those that EARN it!
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 22, 2014
Its great to be a part of a company that rewards hard work. Berry has continued to invest in itself so that the products offered are modern and results oriented. Great training program with training pay and the ability to earn commissions right away! If you are willing to learn the product, understand the process and work hard you will be rewarded with a great commission structure!
Pros
excellent atmosphere, relevant digital product offering, opportunity for advancement
Cons
sick time is not accrued, have to use pto when sick.
customer relations representative (Former Employee) –  3100 Research Boulevard Dayton OH 45420September 12, 2014
Good People, nice management, interesting job. The hardest part of the job was juggling the phones with all of the side work that had to be done for each customer. Being able to help customers or give assistance to a fellow worker was the most rewarding part.
Pros
fair and impartial treatment. relaxed environment.
Cons
not having enough hours in the work day to finish everything you would like to finish.

2.9