The Bicycle Casino Employee Reviews in United States

Anti- employee establishment with decreasing worker rights, reduced benefits on a quarterly basis and no pay raises whatsoever
Floorstaff (Former Employee) –  Bell GardensJuly 18, 2015
If you want to work for an anti-employee establishment. If you want decreasing employee benefits and worker rights and don't care for pay raises despite the triple workload and increased profits then this is your place. If your like most people looking for a decent job then look elsewhere. Most of these reviews are old and to be honest back then this was a really good place to work for. Fast forward to 2015 and it's a whole other story. 10+ years ago employees had great benefits as in free lunches, great Christmas parties, free whole Turkeys and Ham for Thanksgiving and management that listened and cared. Slowly but surely they did away with all of that. Free lunch where you can have it cooked to order from a menu with huge variety or all you can eat buffet became $4-5+ meals where all you have to choose is between stale sandwiches, flavorless chow main and orange chicken or cold dry carne asada or chicken for tacos and burritos that sit on heat lamps all day. Their daily specials should be renamed biweekly specials as it's the same left over food from other dishes served from their restaurant. Their employee appreciation lunch they have twice a month is a joke and a slap to the face to all the hard working employees here. Don't know about you but I never heard of an employee appreciation lunch that serves the same stale flavorless food for the same price as any other lunch you could get any day of the week. If they were to serve anything different than their usual, employees will most likely find a nice surprise in their food as in latex gloves in the mashed potatoes for example.  more... If any employee comments anything like what your reading here in there suggestion box they will have a target on their back. Christmas parties are now CEO glorification parties. Its sad how this place really works. The double standards, hypocrisy, and clear favoritism from management is disgusting. If you been here for 15+ years you most likely have a target on your back as you can easily be replaced by some gullible employee who will be paid far less. If you really need a job then apply, get the experience and skills you need and move on and don't look back. There is no job security, no advancement and management will sacrifice you to save their own skin instead of having your back. There is a reason why this place has a huge turn over rate. Applicants that are highly qualified are not hired by management because all they want is someone who pretty much has a pulse. This is to ensure that they dont question and do as they are told. The employee who claims he moved up to a security supervisory position within a year from another review is most likely not there because of experience and skill but because they are short staffed due to the huge turnover. With the hotel well on its way, all employees will see an increased workload with frozen pay and reduced benefits despite the increase in profits. Future applicants you been warned.  less
Pros
Non to think of anymore as all pros have been eliminated
Worked way to hard for $9 a hour
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Bell Gardens, CAMay 4, 2015
Housekeeping was ridiculous, supervisors just sat in warehouse all day. Cleaned urine all day after grown men who cant urinate in a stall. Had to help old people on and off toilet. Wasn't worth $9 an hour. No way.
Pros
Sups never checked on us so we sat on our phones every day
Cons
everything pretty much
Very productive with opportunities.
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bell Gardens, CAMarch 17, 2015
So far I have enjoyed my employment at The Bicycle Casino, it has provided me with many opportunitities which has resulted in the position that I am now in. I was promoted to supervisor in less than a year and prior to that i was given other opportunities as an armed guard, box pull supervisor and limo driver.
Pros
free parking, discounts on food and movie tickets
Cons
benefits are not full
fun place to work, fast paced, live and well organized
deli cashier and server (Former Employee) –  Bell Gardens, CADecember 31, 2013
I worked there for I believe two years. this was a long time back but I do miss it. I loved working there. I met a lot of nice faces and had a lot of conversations from executives, porters, attendants, patrons and celebs at tournament. though I had my run in's with a few rude patrons and even my own boss (who hasn't) and one or two cranky employees, my life and job there was a blast. was and still is always busy there and just the environment there is pleasant to see. as the deli attendant, my job wasn't hard, it was fun. filling orders for cakes to prepping the subs and stocking the shelves, making cappuccinos and lattes for all nighters, cleaning the tables and just feeling the excitement in the casino. hardest part was sometimes not being able to fill a certain shift because of conflict scheduling. I worked any shift at first but had a young child at the time and it got hard because I could only do one after a bit and it got difficult for me. anyhow, the casino is such a nice place and now they are building a hotel there too!
Great place to work.
Welcome Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bell Gardens, CAOctober 28, 2013
Spent several years working at this company. Had the opportunity to advance in different departments and learned many skills.
Gaming environment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bell Gardens, CASeptember 19, 2013
Observe people coming in and out of casino. Monitor floor where poker tables are located watching for arguments, medical situations. Observe for safety situations.
Pros
interaction with people.
Cons
alot of standing.
fun environment many different opportunities
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bell Gardens, CAApril 2, 2012
had flexible schedule, with as much overtime as i could handle
Pros
good pay
Cons
smoking environment

The Bicycle Casino Reviews by Location